ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Gun Speech Thoughts?

What an incredibly racist and misogynistic answer…I expect nothing less from liberals.
Except for the lie that I said anything racist or anti-female.....I expect nothing less from the radical right.

Last edited:
And you’re a deep deflector, I see. Look, just admit you got called on the carpet and you have no response. It’s fine to take an L and come back another day.
You owned me so hard I'm just vaklempt. That was a fantastic non-sensical smackdown. Enjoy your triumph!

You owned me so hard I'm just vaklempt. That was a fantastic non-sensical smackdown. Enjoy your triumph!
Dude, you made so many assumptions in your post that if it were a conservative they would have been cancelled so fast. Stop being a ****ing hypocrite, take your medicine, and sit your ass down. How does it feel to be on the other side of that argument? GTFO.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Dude, you made so many assumptions in your post that if it were a conservative they would have been cancelled so fast. Stop being a ****ing hypocrite, take your medicine, and sit your ass down. How does it feel to be on the other side of that argument? GTFO.
hErP

Except we do talk about it but your side has decided that we should force poor, unwed girls into having babies anyway and on top of that you won't dedicate resources for mental health so these children can get the help they need. Lives only seem to matter if they are in a womb, after that Repubs say f* em.
What about when Obama help a majority in the house, senate, and held the presidency. Why didn’t it get done then?

Reactions: clemsonalex
What about when Obama help a majority in the house, senate, and held the presidency. Why didn’t it get done then?
Exactly. The left isn't interested in solving problems. They only want to score cheap political points for power. Obamas chief of staff was famous for saying "never let a crisis go to waste."

Get what done? Obama was pro-choice and believed in a woman's right to choose. This is a recent phenomenon with red states making it illegal for women to get an abortion and $10,000 fines for anyone who helps them. Your side is exacerbating this problem. Obama only had a majority in the Senate for two years but he didn't always have the 60 votes required to pass the bills that tried very hard to address mental health. He did pass one but not others. Guess why? Because as usual, Republicans blocked them.

"Though the Senate ultimately voted down both measures, Murphy moved many with his emotional Senate-floor speech about the Sandy Hook shooting in his home state of Connecticut."

And then your special needs cantaluope signed a bill that revoked Obama's gun checks for people with mental illness. Stable genius he is...

Last edited:
Reactions: WapPride
Get what done? Obama was pro-choice and believed in a woman's right to choose. This is a recent phenomenon with red states making it illegal for women to get an abortion and $10,000 fines for anyone who helps them. Your side is exacerbating this problem. Obama only had a majority in the Senate for two years but he didn't always have the 60 votes required to pass the bills that tried very hard to address mental health. He did pass one but not others. Guess why? Because as usual, Republicans blocked them.

"Though the Senate ultimately voted down both measures, Murphy moved many with his emotional Senate-floor speech about the Sandy Hook shooting in his home state of Connecticut."

And then your special needs cantaluope signed a bill that revoked Obama's gun checks for people with mental illness. Stable genius he is...

Have you watched a video of an abortion, let alone a late term abortion? where the child is screaming bloody murder while it’s brain is sucked out?

also overturning roe v wade will not make abortions illegal, they are simply deferring to the states to rule on the matter… women will always be able to abort in this country, that’s why the media isn’t pursuing that narrative anymore lol

Have you watched a video of an abortion, let alone a late term abortion? where the child is screaming bloody murder while it’s brain is sucked out?

also overturning roe v wade will not make abortions illegal, they are simply deferring to the states to rule on the matter… women will always be able to abort in this country, that’s why the media isn’t pursuing that narrative anymore lol
Wait a sec, that wasn't the discussion now was it? You accused Obama of doing nothing about the problem of young, poor unwed mothers having babies that end up having shitty lives that foster mental illness. You lied because you're misinformed.

I know you're new here but you're bringing in the same old tired talking points that your do nothing brethren have already voiced. Most of these red states are surrounded by other red states that are passing the same laws. How are these poor unwed mothers supposed to afford the plane travel required to get to the Northeast or West Coast? Just because abortion may still be legal in other states doesn't mean they have a viable option to get there.

Here's a hint - know your subjects before you accuse the left of everything your party is responsible for.

Wait a sec, that wasn't the discussion now was it? You accused Obama of doing nothing about the problem of young, poor unwed mothers having babies that end up having shitty lives that foster mental illness. You lied because you're misinformed.

I know you're new here but you're bringing in the same old tired talking points that your do nothing brethren have already voiced. Most of these red states are surrounded by other red states that are passing the same laws. How are these poor unwed mothers supposed to afford the plane travel required to get to the Northeast or West Coast? Just because abortion may still be legal in other states doesn't mean they have a viable option to get there.

Here's a hint - know your subjects before you accuse the left of everything your party is responsible for.
Where did I do that? I said Biden as VP…

Aren’t all the blue states surrounded by other blue states too? West coast, North, NE …

What kind of Mother wants to kill their child? Did your Mother want to kill you? There are plenty and bountiful ways to prevent pregnancy these days, including abstinence!

And I know plenty, but I’m not about to beat my chest and try to belittle people like you’re doing on here. I haven’t seen a single post where you’re positive thus far. I pray you aren’t part of the Clemson Alumni that I know

Except we're talking about mass shooting events.

"The death toll from mass shootings went from an average of 4.8 per year during the ban years to an average of 23.8 per year in the decade afterwards.

Many factors drive gun deaths. To help account for those, DiMaggio’s team put mass shooting deaths in terms of the total number of firearm homicides. Viewed that way, they found that between 1994 and 2004, the yearly rate fell by 9 people per 10,000 firearm homicides.

DiMaggio’s study concluded that mass shooting deaths were 70% less likely during the ban.

His isn’t the only study to find that fewer people died in mass shootings when the ban was in effect. In a 2019 article, Louis Klarevas, a Columbia University researcher, and his co-authors found that shootings in which six or more people died were less common and less deadly in the years during the ban."

Except we were NOT talking about mass shootings. If you would actually read posts instead of just jumping in to you talking points whether they apply or not you would know that. I was responding to a post that specifically asked about the impact of the ban on OVERALL gun violence. You don't really care about anything other than owning the pubs and spouting your dem propaganda.
But to your point about mass shootings, from 1982- 1994 the avg deaths per year from mass shootings was 11.4. In the 10 yrs after the ban from 1995-2004 the avg deaths dropped to 9.6/yr. So the ban saved less than 2 lives per year. LESS THAN TWO LIVES PER YEAR DIFFERENCE. Article linked below for data from a clearly non conservative source, just FYI.

You continue to amaze. Thanks to you I have learned that trying to stop mass murders makes no sense because vending machines, ice skating and lawn mowers kill more people. Who cares about all the kids hiding under tables because a Frito-Lay machine might tip over and kill them anyway.

But I've seen the light. I think we should immediately let all the prisoners out of Guantanamo and stop our counter-terrorism efforts worldwide because more people die on skateboards. SMFH
Nice deflection. Again, it is good to know you only care about the deaths that involve scoring political points rather then solving problems that would save multiple more times the number of lives. Not to mention the fact, you pretty much made my point for me. Of course it would be ridiculous to go on a political crusade regulating vending machines, skiing, skateboarding, ice skating, etc. given the number of deaths that result form them. Not that those live do not matter( just like the lives lost to mass murders matter), but he NUMBER of lives lost does not warrant the effort when there are so many more things we could be doing with much less effort to save many times more lives.

I am not against trying to stop mass murders. Like I have repeatedly said and you have repeatedly failed to comprehend, I am not against most measures being talked about. HOWEVER, they are unlikely to save many lives even though your party makes it sound like there are thousands of people dyeing from said problem on a daily basis even though any proposed legislation about assault weapons is will likely save less deaths than those who die from vending machines, skateboarding, ice skating, skiing, etc. My point was that you and other libs would be losing your mind right now if pubs were standing on their head talking about the senseless loss of life form these causes of death even though they account for more deaths than all mass murders combined.

On top of that, policies from YOUR party prove you really don't give a crap about stopping crime. Dem DA's are actually telling prosecutors NOT to even peruse charges for illegal weapons possession. Do you think that helps reduce gun violence? The moron candidate for gov in GA sits on the board of an organization that helps promote ideas like defunding the police and abolishing prisons. I bet that would reduce mass murders, don't you? Also look at border policies that have result in many more lives lost than all the mass murders combined. You just keep picking and choosing whose lives matter based on whether or not it scores political points. I expect nothing less.

Abortion should be a state right. Article 6 basically says so. We lose sight of that. Any permission not given to the government under the constitution is a state right. I don’t see a problem with a state being able to allow abortion or not. Even Ginsburg herself said roe v wade was clouded in judgement. If you can afford a $1k procedure you can afford to travel for it.

Where did I do that? I said Biden as VP…

Aren’t all the blue states surrounded by other blue states too? West coast, North, NE …

What kind of Mother wants to kill their child? Did your Mother want to kill you? There are plenty and bountiful ways to prevent pregnancy these days, including abstinence!

And I know plenty, but I’m not about to beat my chest and try to belittle people like you’re doing on here. I haven’t seen a single post where you’re positive thus far. I pray you aren’t part of the Clemson Alumni that I know
I'm supposed to react positively to this kind of nonsense?
"You forget that the modern left wing democratic Party and their media enablers have reckless disregard for the truth by continuously lying straight through their teeth"
This is pointing out the speck in my eye while ignoring the log in your own. Don't come on here throwing bombs and expect people to play paddy cakes with you.

"Where did I do that? I said Biden as VP…"
You were following up on a post where he accused Obama and then added Biden to the mix - same administration.

"Aren’t all the blue states surrounded by other blue states too? West coast, North, NE …"
What does this have to do with the subject? Blue states are trying to address the problems, not exacerbate them.

"What kind of Mother wants to kill their child? Did your Mother want to kill you? There are plenty and bountiful ways to prevent pregnancy these days, including abstinence!"
This wasn't the discussion but we aren't talking about being pro-abortion - that's not what pro-choice means. Contraception is also an option but there are politicians on your side that want to take that away as well. And good luck on abstinence lol. What happens when a young girl practices abstinence but she's raped anyway? Again, your side wants to take away her right to choose then also.

You've got your FoxNews talking points down and it's sad. You really need to look into other sources because right wing media isn't interested in informing you - they just want to piss you off. And here you are...

Reactions: WapPride
because you need 60 votes to disrupt the filibuster and dems never had more than 57 in the senate under obama's tenure. republicans, no matter how moderate, would never be seen voting on any type of gun reform, so there was never an opportunity for obama to do anything about it.

pretty simple, really

Reactions: dpic73

aren't texas, missouri, and oklahoma reviewing laws that make its residents culpable to being sued if they left the state to get an abortion?

Since 1982 only 52 mass shooting events have used ANY SORT OF RIFLE. But hey, let's say "Assault Rifles" are a problem. Why, because I can sell that as a problem right? Mr. politician can hold up a military looking weapon on TV and say, "Look how scary this is." Never mind the fact that it's rarely used in mass shooting. I can scare you into supporting what I want.

Rifles aren't the problem.

Since 1982 only 52 mass shooting events have used ANY SORT OF RIFLE. But hey, let's say "Assault Rifles" are a problem. Why, because I can sell that as a problem right? Mr. politician can hold up a military looking weapon on TV and say, "Look how scary this is." Never mind the fact that it's rarely used in mass shooting. I can scare you into supporting what I want.

Rifles aren't the problem.
This ex-military, gun owning, former gun selling, NRA member has a different take. He was also almost killed by the mob at the Capitol. He deserves a listen.

This ex-military, gun owning, former gun selling, NRA member has a different take. He was also almost killed by the mob at the Capitol. He deserves a listen.

If no ban, the reclass to class 3 designation seems very reasonable IMO, combined with older age and enhanced screening of course

If no ban, the reclass to class 3 designation seems very reasonable IMO, combined with older age and enhanced screening of course
How is reclassification reasonable? A Ruger Mini 14 shoots the exact same round as an AR15, but has none of the same features, minus a detachable box magazine. Are you going to reclassify that also, as it does not meet the definition of a scary “assault weapon” that liberals knowingly misuse to confuse the public? This country has literally become Idiocracy…

Reactions: CUT93
How is reclassification reasonable? A Ruger Mini 14 shoots the exact same round as an AR15, but has none of the same features, minus a detachable box magazine. Are you going to reclassify that also, as it does not meet the definition of a scary “assault weapon” that liberals knowingly misuse to confuse the public? This country has literally become Idiocracy…
There's ALWAYS a reason not to do a damn thing, am I right? Pretend you care for a hot minute, then complain about every solution, draw it out, say it won't do any good, complain some more. Rinse and repeat.

There's ALWAYS a reason not to do a damn thing, am I right? Pretend you care for a hot minute, then complain about every solution, draw it out, say it won't do any good, complain some more. Rinse and repeat.
Rinse and repeat is absolutely laughable coming from you liberals.

Reactions: CUT93
Isn’t the Ruger based on very outdated models and is much more inaccurate? I could be wrong, but the wait time is my main advocation. No way an 18 yo should walk in and out of a gun store with that caliber of weapon on the same day/week/month.

Reactions: JoeBidenSniffsKids
Isn’t the Ruger based on very outdated models and is much more inaccurate? I could be wrong, but the wait time is my main advocation. No way an 18 yo should walk in and out of a gun store with that caliber of weapon on the same day/week/month.
The AR15 design is over 50 years old. So is the Ruger Mini 14. Both shoot the exact same round, one just "looks scary." the .223 REM (and the very similar 5.56 NATO) are considered to be fairly low power when compared to traditional main battle rifle calibers of 7.62 NATO and .30-'06 Springfield. And 18 year old can go into any gun store right now and buy a rifle in those calibers, so why do you single out the weakest round of the three? Its because you've been brainwashed by idiots on TV and politicians who don't know what they are talking about. They are scared of the cosmetic features and ignore the realities of ballistics. Its not hard to research it for yourself.

Sure then what do you do when reclassification doesn’t stop mass shootings with ars? Chip away chip away. That’s all you liberals want to do is chip away at law abiding citizens rights.

Sure then what do you do when reclassification doesn’t stop mass shootings with ars? Chip away chip away. That’s all you liberals want to do is chip away at law abiding citizens rights.
Your name calling is amusing but just know that it doesn't bother me a lick. I'm very comfortable and bulletproof(pun intended)of where I stand politically.

Unless you're Nostradamus, you don't know that reclassification won't reduce shootings with ARs. It likely would have with the shooters at Parkland, Buffalo and Uvalde as they were all teens that waited until they were of legal age to buy their guns.

Let's be honest, you're not interested in a serious discussion about this issue because lives are less important to you than your war games and insurrections against your imaginary tyrannical governments. Nobody is going to take your weapons of war that you already own, so chill Rambo and try caring about someone other than yourself for once.

Were you at the Capitol on Jan. 6?

Last edited:
Your name calling is amusing but just know that it doesn't bother me a lick. I'm very comfortable and bulletproof(pun intended)of where I stand politically.

Unless you're Nostradamus, you don't know that reclassification won't reduce shootings with ARs. It likely would have with the shooters at Parkland, Buffalo and Uvalde as they were all teens that waited until they were of legal age to buy their guns.

Let's be honest, you're not interested in a serious discussion about this issue because lives are less important to you than your war games and insurrections against your imaginary tyrannical governments. Nobody is going to take your weapons of war that you already own, so chill Rambo and try caring about someone other than yourself for once.

Were you at the Capitol on Jan. 6?
1. I said you liberals. Meaning all liberals I didn’t call you one way or the other. Although it’s pretty obvious.

2. Not really sure how standing up for the constitutional right given to ALL citizens is exactly a selfish thing. I am thinking of everyone’s rights.

No I wasn’t in DC on jan 6th. But I think it’s a good example of what is going to happen if one half or the other is continued to be ignored. A vast majority of this country believes in standing up for the 2nd and the words “shall not be infringed”

1. I said you liberals. Meaning all liberals I didn’t call you one way or the other. Although it’s pretty obvious.

2. Not really sure how standing up for the constitutional right given to ALL citizens is exactly a selfish thing. I am thinking of everyone’s rights.

No I wasn’t in DC on jan 6th. But I think it’s a good example of what is going to happen if one half or the other is continued to be ignored. A vast majority of this country believes in standing up for the 2nd and the words “shall not be infringed”
Even 56% of Republicans believe more needs to be done to reduce gun violence. Not sure why attempting to save lives is so controversial, especially when no one is advocating taking your guns. We just want to do "what we can" to keep them out of the wrong hands. It's that simple.

Even 56% of Republicans believe more needs to be done to reduce gun violence. Not sure why attempting to save lives is so controversial, especially when no one is advocating taking your guns. We just want to do "what we can" to keep them out of the wrong hands. It's that simple.
Becuse a lot of us believe in “shall not be infringed”. Not really sure why that’s so hard to understand.

I also don’t trust that statistic. Just like the one that states 90% want gun legislation. That is used a lot by the leftest media. Kinda like all those statistics and polls that said trump would lose in 2016

Becuse a lot of us believe in “shall not be infringed”. Not really sure why that’s so hard to understand.

I also don’t trust that statistic. Just like the one that states 90% want gun legislation. That is used a lot by the leftest media. Kinda like all those statistics and polls that said trump would lose in 2016
That exemplifies why we are on separate sides of the aisle. Saving innocent lives is infinitely more important to me than any man-given right. I'll gladly be infringed upon if it helps reduce these insane massacres. This country is just fvcked if we can't meet in the reasonable middle on this subject.

Really sad that those 2016 polls were wrong, we'd be a lot better off now. But good thing the 2020 polls and the election got it right.

That exemplifies why we are on separate sides of the aisle. Saving innocent lives is infinitely more important to me than any man-given right. I'll gladly be infringed upon if it helps reduce these insane massacres. This country is just fvcked if we can't meet in the reasonable middle on this subject.

Really sad that those 2016 polls were wrong, we'd be a lot better off now. But good thing the 2020 polls and the election got it right.
Oh yeah I sure am loving this $4.50 gas let me tell you. Over $1.50 we had when that mean tweeter was in office. It’s ok 2024 isn’t that far away. The massacre in November will be fun to watch to. But you say it’s about saving lives while you want to kill innocent children. Your ok with that as long as they are in the womb. I don’t see anyone outraged about obesity. It kills way more Americans than even all guns. Why are we not regulating the food industry. Your full of crap if you say it’s about deaths.

You also fail to realize that lives can be lost if the the divide continues. You don’t want to compromise you want to take. Their are other avenues that we can take to combat mass shooting that don’t involve gun rights. You just don’t want to talk about that. Therefore you are not really about compromise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT