ADVERTISEMENT

CFP tweet

Sorry, but you used the noun "disbanding" in your post. Your actual words were "I don't buy the opinion that DISBANDING it did nothing". Apparently there is no hope for you in seeing the blatant misrepresentation of how this organization was streamlined vs. "disbanding" it for the political benefit of Trump's opponents. I promise this will be my last post to you on this or any other subject so feel free to continue "flaming" away.

tigerragman, I realized that we were both trying to "reason" with a liberal and if we could really do that there would be no liberals. I am done with this thread. Nothing personal, spskillz, and I am glad you are a Tiger Fan!!

Dabo is qualified and getting exceptional results so there would be no need to fire him. If the football team was moved to a position of being under the Clemson President's office, that would be okay with me because like our exceptional football coach, we have an exceptional college President.

Don’t believe you would be okay with my scenario. I’ll also point out that we never have had to shut down due to a pandemic until AFTER the Office was disbanded.

Spskillz, you have to decide one way or the other concerning the office being disbanded. First, you said it was disbanded - it wasn’t. Then you said that you didn’t say it was disbanded - you did. Tigerrugman has already covered that with you.

Spskillz, you have to decide one way or the other concerning the office being disbanded. First, you said it was disbanded - it wasn’t. Then you said that you didn’t say it was disbanded - you did. Tigerrugman has already covered that with you.

I said it was disbanded. I didn’t in the post he replied to and it threw me off.

Anyhow, yes it was disbanded, dissolved, etc.

I said it was disbanded. I didn’t in the post he replied to and it threw me off.

Anyhow, yes it was disbanded, dissolved, etc.

No, it wasn’t disbanded or dissolved, etc. Please reread the post by tigerrugman. It was placed under a different governmental department.

No, it wasn’t disbanded or dissolved, etc. Please reread the post by tigerrugman. It was placed under a different governmental department.

That’s not entirely true. They were re-assigned to different positions partially related. And again, they were no longer working as a group with a leader. See my analogy to a coaching staff, it’s just not the same.

spskillz, whatever you think!!!

It’s my opinion I suppose. Seems like facts to me.

I still think we need more of a centralized plan RE: testing and opening up. Not that the states can’t do it on different time tables. Right now, there’s just so much uncertainty. Trump is not leading is here; he’s just trying to do enough to say he’s trying but not enough that he can take blame if things go wrong.

It’s my opinion I suppose. Seems like facts to me.

I still think we need more of a centralized plan RE: testing and opening up. Not that the states can’t do it on different time tables. Right now, there’s just so much uncertainty. Trump is not leading is here; he’s just trying to do enough to say he’s trying but not enough that he can take blame if things go wrong.

spskillz, this is my last post on this subject. I can truthfully say that within my mindset and thought process, I don’t understand how you can have some of the thoughts, opinions, or concerns that you have espoused. I am 81 years old and got to this age by having a positive attitude about life, responsibilities, and risk assessment. I have done a lot of risky things in my life (101 missions in Vietnam) , driving a vehicle everyday, sometimes on two lane roads. Risky, yes, is there some uncertainty, yes, but I don’t want our leaders to stop us from driving because I accept the risk. That is called freedom!! In another area, you keep saying that Trump is not leading us during this pandemic situation. I couldn’t disagree with you on this situation more. He is exhibiting outstanding leadership because his responsibilities are to all Americans in every area, medical risk, the economics of our great country, etc. Dr. Fauci has become somewhat of a hero to some in this whole process because his responsibilities are totally medical in nature. He, along with Dr. Birx and others have done well in their area on advising the President. Some look at this situation in light of nothing opening until we have total testing of everyone. A test today says one thing and that is you are either negative or positive. If you are positive, seek treatment, if you are negative, you are negative for this test only. As to centralizing the opening process, how can the federal government know every state, county, and town and the specifics of that location? Practically, impossible, and anyone that supports centralization is trying to avoid accepting responsibility for their particular area. Lastly, true leadership is a person that knows the objective, assesses the risk, and makes decisions considering all. In WWII, Eisenhower was a magnificent leader who fully knew he was going to lose thousands of men in the phenomenal attack he, along with others, developed. But the risk was worth the objective. Trump is doing the same sort of things with his risk assessment of this pandemic situation. I am glad he is our leader during this process and in the upcoming election in November, I will definitely be voting for him and not the other candidate. I have said enough. Time for a glass of wine with my wife of 56 years.

Double lastly, my apologies to tigerragman as I had incorrectly referred to him as tigerrugman. Senility!!!

Have a Blessed day and, GO TIGERS!!!

Last edited:
spskillz, this is my last post on this subject. I can truthfully say that within my mindset and thought process, I don’t understand how you can have some of the thoughts, opinions, or concerns that you have espoused. I am 81 years old and got to this age by having a positive attitude about life, responsibilities, and risk assessment. I have done a lot of risky things in my life (101 missions in Vietnam) , driving a vehicle everyday, sometimes on two lane roads. Risky, yes, is there some uncertainty, yes, but I don’t want our leaders to stop us from driving because I accept the risk. That is called freedom!! In another area, you keep saying that Trump is not leading us during this pandemic situation. I couldn’t disagree with you on this situation more. He is exhibiting outstanding leadership because his responsibilities are to all Americans in every area, medical risk, the economics of our great country, etc. Dr. Fauci has become somewhat of a hero to some in this whole process because his responsibilities are totally medical in nature. He, along with Dr. Birx and others have done well in their area on advising the President. Some look at this situation in light of nothing opening until we have total testing of everyone. A test today says one thing and that is you are either negative or positive. If you are positive, seek treatment, if you are negative, you are negative for this test only. As to centralizing the opening process, how can the federal government know every state, county, and town and the specifics of that location? Practically, impossible, and anyone that supports centralization is trying to avoid accepting responsibility for their particular area. Lastly, true leadership is a person that knows the objective, assesses the risk, and makes decisions considering all. In WWII, Eisenhower was a magnificent leader who fully knew he was going to lose thousands of men in the phenomenal attack he, along with others, developed. But the risk was worth the objective. Trump is doing the same sort of things with his risk assessment of this pandemic situation. I am glad he is our leader during this process and in the upcoming election in November, I will definitely be voting for him and not the other candidate. I have said enough. Time for a glass of wine with my wife of 56 years.

Double lastly, my apologies to tigerragman as I had incorrectly referred to him as tigerrugman. Senility!!!

Have a Blessed day and, GO TIGERS!!!

Hey brother, even though we disagree, I respect your opinion. You be blessed as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT