ADVERTISEMENT

Child molested at NewSpring

As a Father of 2 young Children, I don't think I could refrain from beating this man to death (literally) if that was my child.

Sicko needs a bullet between the eyes and rid this guy from Society.

He won’t last long in prison or at least he’ll wish he was dead.

yes, but is there a higher % of molestation taking place under the watch of the church? i honestly am curioius but i doubt that its even close...im not really an organized religion guy, but I have found that the overwhelming majority of the devout are nice, generous people whom are secure in their faith.,
Gotcha. No idea. I do not believe those of faith are any more likely to molest children than atheists/agnostics. I just think the opportunity is greater there for pieces of shit who do molest children and they seek out those kind of positions. Like I said pretty limited environments where you can be in constant contact of a bunch of different young children, the church is one of the few venues for that. Idk makes sense in my mind

Remember when I taught 7th and 8th grade Sunday School, 14-15 years ago, we had very strict rules that there ALWAYS were 2 or more adults present. Never were the kids alone one on one with an adult. This was for both the child’s protection, as well as the adults.

Without wanting to be put on any watch lists with a google search about child molestations, there are frankly not that many other environments that compare to that of a church were a group of young men/women are usually in secluded contact with a single adult male for extended periods of time. Sports, boyscouts(often church intertwined), and various summer camps are the only comparable environments that I can think of at the top of my head. I've only heard jokes about youth leaders/priests and camp counselors. Well that and Pedo State recently

Hope this helps.

Could be anywhere with childcare.

Reactions: BHSRebels89
Where did the racist notion come from?

Said the N word during a Christmas eve service a few years ago. He caught himself before he spit the whole word out, but it was obvious. Of course he and Newsping denied it, just like they always did with him.

In all fairness, this was when he was drinking heavily and preaching while intoxicated. This was right around the time he got into the whole debacle about the 10 Commandments.

Reactions: MaxCalifornia
Well, I'll resp
FIFY. Organized religion is a cancer. God is great, individual belief and worship is great. Organized religion isn't.
Well. I'll respond to that......I find scripture to be the only way to understand God, who he is, how I got here and how to have a relationship with him. Seems like everything else is some humans imagination (and all humans are naturally selfish, prideful and prone to foolishness) And, the bible has a lot to say about the church, how it's to be organized, what it's responsibilities are etc. The bible calls the church (true believers) the bride of Christ and the adopted family of God and it says that we were all once God's enemies and now those who have trusted Christ are friends of God. So, based on scripture I don't think I can have a relationship with him and reject the rest of his family. I know how I would feel if one of my children tried that kind of relationship with me. I check all of my beliefs with scripture because I've believed some pretty messed up stuff on my own in 59 years.

Reactions: tgrword
Said the N word during a Christmas eve service a few years ago. He caught himself before he spit the whole word out, but it was obvious. Of course he and Newsping denied it, just like they always did with him.

In all fairness, this was when he was drinking heavily and preaching while intoxicated. This was right around the time he got into the whole debacle about the 10 Commandments.
Ten four

Does anyone know how this guy got caught? I’ve read the story several times and can’t figure out what inspired NewSpring to go through the surveillance video.

Reactions: srgaylo
I didn't realize ignoring a precedent set over several millennia is considered stupid.

These comments continue to show up in these threads because history has told us time and time again about the pitfalls of organized religion. It's disappointing that you can't handle that fact being brought up these conversations.

You can bash us all for bringing it up all you like, but it's not going to change reality.
I get the feeling that when you say "organized religion", you don't realize that what you actually mean is people. Is organized football to blame for the actions of Sandusky, Smith, or countless others?

He was trying to jokingly do the “**gga please” thing, if I recall correctly. I don’t remember anybody saying he was drunk while preaching, but I’ll believe anything about somebody who’s never seen Star Wars and hates Duke’s Mayonnaise.

I get the feeling that when you say "organized religion", you don't realize that what you actually mean is people. Is organized football to blame for the actions of Sandusky, Smith, or countless others?

Don’t bother. He’s just repeating a meme that I’m pretty sure atheists are contractually obliged to say whenever religion is mentioned. It’s nothing serious.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
He was trying to jokingly do the “**gga please” thing, if I recall correctly. I don’t remember anybody saying he was drunk while preaching, but I’ll believe anything about somebody who’s never seen Star Wars and hates Duke’s Mayonnaise.

I hate Duke’s, but I hate all mayonnaise. I do like Star Wars. Also, I’m half drunk right now.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85

You are right on the context.

and yes he was drunk, that was the reason he was fired.

The drinking didnt get revealed until later, but anyone with a functioning brain or anyone who has been around alcoholism could tell he had a drinking problem long before he was actually fired.

Don’t bother. He’s just repeating a meme that I’m pretty sure atheists are contractually obliged to say whenever religion is mentioned. It’s nothing serious.

What a terrible situation for the victims and their families. The worst part is no one knows how many victims there are. This guy’s conduct goes beyond anything imaginable and is just pure evil.

I hope NewSpring has their checkbook ready. Insurance will only go so far. Something like this could bankrupt that church.

What a terrible situation for the victims and their families. The worst part is no one knows how many victims there are. This guy’s conduct goes beyond anything imaginable and is just pure evil.

I hope NewSpring has their checkbook ready. Insurance will only go so far. Something like this could bankrupt that church.

That church has more money that Davey Crockett. They have spent year siphoning money out of people. They are sitting on millions.

That church has more money that Davey Crockett. They have spent year siphoning money out of people. They are sitting on millions.

I’m sure they do have millions. If there are at least 14 victims involved, one of which has this kind of evidence, a jury would love to hear about how much revenue they’re bringing in.

Without wanting to be put on any watch lists with a google search about child molestations, there are frankly not that many other environments that compare to that of a church were a group of young men/women are usually in secluded contact with a single adult male for extended periods of time. Sports, boyscouts(often church intertwined), and various summer camps are the only comparable environments that I can think of at the top of my head. I've only heard jokes about youth leaders/priests and camp counselors. Well that and Pedo State recently

Hope this helps.

The number of pastors or leaders in the church that I know or have known who have been dismissed for issues with minors or infidelity is staggering. I know less that haven't been fired for something along those lines than have. Churches are, unfortunately, a breeding ground for this kind of behavior.

Reactions: Steven15
Any adult who sexually assaults a child needs to be put to death. There is no “rehabilitation” for a sick F’r like that.
I disagree.

You begin a process of torture that absolutely brinks the edge of survival physically and emotionally, then when he heals...………..start the whole process over again and again during his sentence. Eventually he will beg for death and that will be the true reward when you deny his death only to continue his torture.(which hopefully involves a brutal form of sodomy btw)

I disagree.

You begin a process of torture that absolutely brinks the edge of survival physically and emotionally, then when he heals...………..start the whole process over again and again during his sentence. Eventually he will beg for death and that will be the true reward when you deny his death only to continue his torture.(which hopefully involves a brutal form of sodomy btw)
Ok ... this would be an ok alternative for States that don’t have the stomach for the Death Penalty.

Reactions: Cabotiger
As a Father of 2 young Children, I don't think I could refrain from beating this man to death (literally) if that was my child.

Could not agree more brother

This guy is going to get destroyed in prison. Will sufffer a lot then end up dead at some point. No need for a bullet.

He needs to be questioned as far back as they can go and any parent who’s children came in contact with him needs to start asking questions.

Before he was down in Charleston he was in the Rock Hill area. Volunteered at multiple churches, kids football and other sports, etc. You can be sure this isn’t an isolated incident and only happening recently. He was too brash with what he was doing for it to be new to him.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Killing sick freaks like this should be the only option. That dude isn’t fit nor does he deserve to live amongst us, even in prison.

That's fair....I hadn't really considered the scarcity of volunteers. I imagine that's an issue at plenty of churches. Obviously a woman can be a predator too but the likelihood of that is so much lower than a man...especially a single man.

Sounds like y'all are doing it as best you can at your church. The other thing that I think makes a lot of sense if to have as many women as you can get to volunteer and instead of adult males doing the childcare why not have middle or high school girls whose families go to the church? That's probably a better growth opportunity for them than socializing with their friends in youth group anyways.

Beyond a certain age I think they can serve in the nursery, but maybe only with one of their parents in there too. I don't recall the rules or know if there have been changes. I stopped doing nursery about a year after my son moved on to Children's Church, which is basically a church service for kids up to the 4th grade. My wife still does it.

I know of at least one girl who's something like 15-16 (and also about 6'3" but that's another story) who has volunteered in the past. When my wife and I took the kids to the playground, her group had their kids out there too.

He needs to be questioned as far back as they can go and any parent who’s children came in contact with him needs to start asking questions.

Before he was down in Charleston he was in the Rock Hill area. Volunteered at multiple churches, kids football and other sports, etc. You can be sure this isn’t an isolated incident and only happening recently. He was too brash with what he was doing for it to be new to him.

Yep, the fact that he was aware of the camera and still did it makes me think this guy was just out of control.

The number of pastors or leaders in the church that I know or have known who have been dismissed for issues with minors or infidelity is staggering. I know less that haven't been fired for something along those lines than have. Churches are, unfortunately, a breeding ground for this kind of behavior.

How many ordained ministers and lay church leaders do you know? I know quite a few, and can only think of one who ever had an issue, and he wasn't ordained. I don't think issues with minors are common at all, but I would imagine infidelity is more common (since it's just more common, in general). I think infidelity is something that's a problem for all men, but I find it hard to believe that it's more common among clergy. Still, it's very unfortunate when it does happen.

While this isn't directly applicable to clergy (who I do think can end up with more opportunities for adultery because of their positions), these stats are interesting:

https://ifstudies.org/blog/who-cheats-more-the-demographics-of-cheating-in-america

"Overall, Democrats, adults who didn’t grow up in intact families, and those who rarely or never attend religious services are more likely than others to have cheated on their spouse. For example, 15% of adults who grew up with both biological parents have cheated on their spouse before, compared with 18% of those who didn’t grow up in intact families.
However, when it comes to who is more likely to cheat, men and women share very few traits. Separate regression models by gender suggest that for men, being Republican and growing up in an intact family are not linked to a lower chance of cheating, after controlling for other factors. But race, age, and religious service attendance are still significant factors. Likewise, men’s education level is also positively linked to their odds of cheating. By comparison, party ID, family background, and religious service attendance are still significant factors for cheating among women, while race, age, and educational attainment are not relevant factors. In fact, religious service attendance is the only factor that shows consistent significance in predicting both men and women’s odds of infidelity."

Last edited:
Reactions: Dbatz and TigerTC
ADVERTISEMENT