ADVERTISEMENT

Class Act

He hasn’t done that yet, why start now? He’s an unmitigated disaster. Unfortunately, no one behind him instills more confidence when he’s finally taken to the nursing home.

based on the times I have seen him I would swear he was in Hospice and mentally incompetent

but what do I know

only what I read in the lying Yankee papers and news particularly the NYT and the Carpetbagging smear pot of CNN

Pretty classy when 12 soldiers are killed and neither the state department, pentagon nor the white house will release a statement or
hold a press conference. #leadership
Lt General McKenzie spoke to the press and answered all their questions as directly has he could. He was the MARCENT commander in 2015. While I didn't work for him directly, I sat in many briefing with him. He is a Marine through and through. I know his staff loved working for him. He was very affable, but also direct and to the point. There was no BS'ing him.

The General flew to Afghanistan last week to encourage the Marines and Troopers. Those men are in a worse position than Custer.

He's a 1979 graduate of The Citadel.

Honestly can’t see how anyone can justify voting for this pudding-brained, dementia addled corpse, at this point. That press conference was the most unacceptable bullshit I’ve ever seen from a CiC. We all knew this is what he was before the election. Phenomenal job dipshits. All 81 million of you.

Honestly can’t see how anyone can justify voting for this pudding-brained, dementia addled corpse, at this point. That press conference was the most unacceptable bullshit I’ve ever seen from a CiC. We all knew this is what he was before the election. Phenomenal job dipshits. All 81 million of you.
I suppose America chose which mental disorder they preferred. I personally wasn’t okay with either choice. Shameful that’s the best we could come up with. Truly.

I suppose America chose which mental disorder they preferred. I personally wasn’t okay with either choice. Shameful that’s the best we could come up with. Truly.
Meh. I agree somewhat. But, they were the choices, and sometimes you have to pick sides. I’d rather have the effective asshole over the impotent, somnambulant sock puppet that can’t string a sentence together or make it through lunch without shitting himself. That’s just me though.

Meh. I agree somewhat. But, they were the choices, and sometimes you have to pick sides. I’d rather have the effective asshole over the impotent, somnambulant sock puppet that can’t string a sentence together or make it through lunch without shitting himself. That’s just me though.
Meh….lesser of two evils is still…

Isn’t it pretty to think so? Unfortunately, there isn’t much room for that kind of idealism and naïveté in the world we live in.
I’m not sure it’s idealistic to think we should have a gifted leader in our country that would step forward and help this country move in the right direction. How many of the Fortune 500 CEOs would be better leaders than the two choices we had? What does it say about our current political construct that none of them will?

I’m not sure it’s idealistic to think we should have a gifted leader in our country that would step forward and help this country move in the right direction. How many of the Fortune 500 CEOs would be better leaders than the two choices we had? What does it say about our current political construct that none of them will?
one ran and dems didn't put him forward. Bloomberg......

he would have had my vote.

The negative folks would have said "he has no foreign policy experience" but after what we are seeing now, I'm not sure there is a stark difference between someone with 40 years and someone with 0.
He wasn’t the most likeable guy. I think Dems probably still remember losing to W for that reason.

If we're going to really talk about our nation, we need to start with where most of our failure lies and that is in our Congress. The Congress was meant to be unwieldy but it's far more than that. We have two sides that are more concerned about political points than they are about governing our nation in accordance with our Constitution. They bow to the whims of the President and it's just ridiculous. The presidency was never meant to be what it is now. All the executive overreach needs to end. The Congress needs to become a deliberative body of compromise again.

These idiots need to realize that regardless of who is in power, it's by a 2-4% margin they are there which means almost half the country voted against them. Try doing what's right for all our people rather than just trying to gather more power to force what your party wants down the throats of all Americans. That's one thing that's really become alarming of late. The demonization of those who voted for a candidate is so dangerous. If these morons on the left keep comparing the right to the Taliban they are going to regret it. Once you reduce a group to nothingness they have nothing to lose. Those folks constitute a large percentage of the gun owners in this country. They would go through these "intellectually superior" leftists like shit through a tin horn. It wouldn't be good for anyone to see something horrible like that happen. Stop making those you disagree with evil and quit overstating what happened in 1/6. That would be my advice to anyone that would listen.

If we're going to really talk about our nation, we need to start with where most of our failure lies and that is in our Congress. The Congress was meant to be unwieldy but it's far more than that. We have two sides that are more concerned about political points than they are about governing our nation in accordance with our Constitution. They bow to the whims of the President and it's just ridiculous. The presidency was never meant to be what it is now. All the executive overreach needs to end. The Congress needs to become a deliberative body of compromise again.

These idiots need to realize that regardless of who is in power, it's by a 2-4% margin they are there which means almost half the country voted against them. Try doing what's right for all our people rather than just trying to gather more power to force what your party wants down the throats of all Americans. That's one thing that's really become alarming of late. The demonization of those who voted for a candidate is so dangerous. If these morons on the left keep comparing the right to the Taliban they are going to regret it. Once you reduce a group to nothingness they have nothing to lose. Those folks constitute a large percentage of the gun owners in this country. They would go through these "intellectually superior" leftists like shit through a tin horn. It wouldn't be good for anyone to see something horrible like that happen. Stop making those you disagree with evil and quit overstating what happened in 1/6. That would be my advice to anyone that would listen.
I agree very much with most of what you just said.....but you lost me when things started to get a little one sided. Nothing politically wrong with this country is limited to one political ideology.

I agree very much with most of what you just said.....but you lost me when things started to get a little one sided. Nothing politically wrong with this country is limited to one political ideology.

I am a conservative, @CoffeeIsForClosers. I feel very strongly about all this, but it is from my perspective. It certainly isn't the only perspective. I am not someone who believes my opinion should be gospel for all. It's just my view and if it makes someone think about things, great.

When you consider the fact conservatives have almost no power whatsoever anywhere, it's hard to see how they are forcing anything on anyone. I am of the mind that we're a vast nation of very different people with different priorities, beliefs and dreams. So my view is the best way to hold that together is to let people be people and have a much less muscular government so we can allow for our differences to not be so crippling. Live and let live as they say. I have no desire to force anyone to believe what I do about things. But I also want to be left alone to go my own way and raise my kids the way I think is best. All of this is within reason of course.

There is nothing about the modern left that wants to allow people to live how they want to. They want control and power. When I was a kid, the moral conservatives sought theocratical power to force people to live by their moral principles. It was wrong then and it's wrong now what people are doing on the left. Things are cyclical and we need to recognize when things go off the rails.

Reactions: ctcseb and PawsFan_
I don’t disagree with you. I actually thought Howard Schultz would have been an excellent option. I liked him when he was kicking around the idea of running in ‘18/‘19. But, it is idealistic to think apathy or conscientious objection is not a decision in and of itself when faced with such a critical choice.

Reactions: CoffeeIsForClosers
I am a conservative, @CoffeeIsForClosers. I feel very strongly about all this, but it is from my perspective. It certainly isn't the only perspective. I am not someone who believes my opinion should be gospel for all. It's just my view and if it makes someone think about things, great.

When you consider the fact conservatives have almost no power whatsoever anywhere, it's hard to see how they are forcing anything on anyone. I am of the mind that we're a vast nation of very different people will different priorities, beliefs and dreams. So my view is the best way to hold that together is to let people be people and have a much less muscular government so we can allow for our differences to not be so crippling. Live and let live as they say.

There is nothing about the modern left that wants to allow people to live how they want to. They want control and power. When I was a kid, the moral conservatives sought theocratical power to force people to live by their moral principles. It was wrong then and it's wrong now what people are doing on the left. Things are cyclical and we need to recognize when things go off the rails.
Agreed....we all have different view points. Just FYI - I'm very much a fiscal conservative that aligns with the left on some social policy. I've voted three ways in my life. Just don't want you to think I don't see your side because I very much do.

I guess I'm just trying to point that when throwing mud at one side we should all do a better job of admitting our part in contributing the the problem.

The balance of power is always adjusting. If you don't like it today, just wait a minute.

I truly feel like the vocal left and the vocal right really get way more attention than they should. The left and right are a whole lot closer to the center than people give them credit for. Our leadership just focusses on using the polarizing topics that pander to the base. That only makes it seem worse than it is.

Reactions: yoshi121374
I don’t disagree with you. I actually thought Howard Schultz would have been an excellent option. I liked him when he was kicking around the idea of running in ‘18/‘19. But, it is idealistic to think apathy or conscientious objection is not a decision in and of itself when faced with such a critical choice.
Yeah whatever happened with Schultz? Why did he back away?

Agreed....we all have different view points. Just FYI - I'm very much a fiscal conservative that aligns with the left on some social policy. I've voted three ways in my life. Just don't want you to think I don't see your side because I very much do.

I guess I'm just trying to point that when throwing mud at one side we should all do a better job of admitting our part in contributing the the problem.

The balance of power is always adjusting. If you don't like it today, just wait a minute.

I truly feel like the vocal left and the vocal right really get way more attention than they should. The left and right are a whole lot closer to the center than people give them credit for. Our leadership just focusses on using the polarizing topics that pander to the base. That only makes it seem worse than it is.

I can agree with most of that. As someone who wants to follow the Constitution, do away with about 80% of the current government structure and radically reverse the course of all the power accumulating in government, it's hard not to see the left as the primary driver of this problem. I felt that way about the GOP back when they were filled with neoconservatives who wanted to stick our hands in every problem all over the world. I believe in a muscular foreign policy but not in the way we're conducting our business the last 20+ years.

Agree with you 100%. The fact that each party put forward those two gentlemen as "America's best" is disheartening.

When you consider the fact conservatives have almost no power whatsoever anywhere, it's hard to see how they are forcing anything on anyone. I am of the mind that we're a vast nation of very different people with different priorities, beliefs and dreams. So my view is the best way to hold that together is to let people be people and have a much less muscular government so we can allow for our differences to not be so crippling. Live and let live as they say. I have no desire to force anyone to believe what I do about things. But I also want to be left alone to go my own way and raise my kids the way I think is best. All of this is within reason of course.

are you serious? you had the executive branch, the senate, and the SC for 2-3 years. hell conservatives still have half of congress(considering manchin and cinnamon don't vote for anything on the left) and the SC. not to mention conservatives have 27 states ran by republican governors, and both trump and biden tied at 25 states each in the 2020 election.

idk even know where to being with your 3rd paragraph. what rights is the "modern left" trying to infringe upon?

are you serious? you had the executive branch, the senate, and the SC for 2-3 years. hell conservatives still have half of congress(considering manchin and cinnamon don't vote for anything on the left) and the SC. not to mention conservatives have 27 states ran by republican governors, and both trump and biden tied at 25 states each in the 2020 election.

idk even know where to being with your 3rd paragraph. what rights is the "modern left" trying to infringe upon?

Your comment is so revealing about how you view government. When I talk about power, I am talking about across society. Power does reside somewhat in government, but the real power is in the institutions in our society. Things like education, media, entertainment, corporate, etc. Things that influence opinions. To their ignorance, GOP folks have always thought winning elections was how you can move the country. That's not it at all. Politics is and always has been downstream of culture. I'm sure you know this but if you don't, then damn man... you're not too with it.

What rights does the modern left want to infringe upon? Pick one!

Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Assembly
Freedom of Religion
The right I have to do with my money what I wish and the right they have to take what they deem "my share."
The right to form a business and run it the way I want to
The right to own a gun
The right to view gender/sexuality in keeping with my moral and religious views

I could go on and on. That you don't see this suggests you took the blue pill and you love it. Try the red one brother and I'm not talking about party.

My last objection to what you said is you referred to the GOP as "you." I can't stand the GOP. It's worthless. I said I am a conservative and to be specific, I am a Constitutional Conservative. I have no interest in political parties. Neither represents my view. I just object to one far more than the other. That is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: SconnyTiger25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT