ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson professor gets deported

Because it's news and the news services NEVER miss a chance to trash Trump....they would never miss this opportunity......if it is true.........
The guy brings it on himself. He's a brash misogynistic egomaniac. They don't have to dig. It's all front and center.

And before you shout libtard, I vote on the right and am registered that way.

It really will. Depends on how SCOTUS decides to what level rights are extended to legal aliens, and moreover what is cause for US to deny entry to legal aliens, e.g. Can they do without cause (probably yes)

Based on some quick googling, it seems like there's precedent for denying legal aliens at the border based on race (Chinese and Japanese from the late 19th, early 20th century), under the president's foreign policy powers. That seems fairly legitimate (although, IMO, not "fair"), but i think there's also some property due process issues (e.g., her house, car, job?--although my property law is rusty on whether a access to a job falls under the 5th's definition of property). I'd be interested to see how those issues were handled in prior exclusions.

Haven't seen anything about this anywhere....google search turned up nothing....

You're not going to find anything specifically linked to the professor. She's caught up in the current executive order banning foreign nationals from certain countries entering the US. When she says she's deported, she really means "effectively" deported.

Hmmm.... still a lot of questions to be asked. In 7 years, has she tried to become an American Citizen or did she want to stay an Iranian citizen. What does her visa allow her to do? If school has started back, why is she going back to Iran? I think there may be more to the story but I don't trust TSA or immigration to do anything right. They haven't done their job well for the last 8 years so what would change in 8 days.

giphy.gif

Based on some quick googling, it seems like there's precedent for denying legal aliens at the border based on race (Chinese and Japanese from the late 19th, early 20th century), under the president's foreign policy powers. That seems fairly legitimate (although, IMO, not "fair"), but i think there's also some property due process issues (e.g., her house, car, job?--although my property law is rusty on whether a access to a job falls under the 5th's definition of property). I'd be interested to see how those issues were handled in prior exclusions.
I beg your pardon, but Chinese and Japanese is not a "race." Those are nationalities. And to be clear, Trump imposed a TEMPORARY hold on persons from 7 COUNTRIES from entering the US until we can confirm those countries are properly vetted before we then vet them. I'm tired already if the news saying that we have banned 7 Muslim countries. We banned citizens of a country, not practitioners of a religion. What is a Muslim country? After answering that tell me what a Christian country is.

Actually the response from a Liberal to a Trumpanzee is - thanks dumb ass voters by putting a clown in office or something close.

Remeber, the Obama administration deported more people than any other president.

As a matter of fact, he deported more than the last 100 years of presidents combined have.

But let's go ahead demonize Trump. I am also sure we can blame Bush some how.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT