ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike’s Just Do It Campaign.

As a army veteran I consider it brave to but millions of dollars in jeopardy to take a knee for social Injustice going on in this country.
It didn't go as he planned. He was washed up backup that was trying to remain relevant so this was nothing more than a publicity stunt that went in a direction he hadn't planned on... Plain & simple.

I think so. He could’ve backed down many times but has only dug in more deeply. Everything I’ve been told by those who have been around him say he’s committing his life to this cause. No matter what you believe about his stance, you have to respect the sacrifices he is making for something he believes in.
BULLSHIT!!
He made it very clear that his "protest" was over & that there would be no more kneeling when he was begging for any team to take him...
Doesn't seem real committed to me...

It didn't go as he planned. He was washed up backup that was trying to remain relevant so this was nothing more than a publicity stunt that went in a direction he hadn't planned on... Plain & simple.
Not true he had multiple chances to get on with a team with the stipulation that he not continue with his protest. His protest was peaceful and didn't hurt anyone or damage property which is the type of protest I have no problem with. The only damage he did was to some people's feeling many of which never served.

He’s not any good or he would have gotten signed . He was on the way out of the league he hasn’t sacrifIced anything .
This is it exactly. The truth is he did it as a Ploy to try and stay in the league. It was a smart move thinking that teams wouldn’t want to seem racist by cutting him. Trust me if there was a team out there that thought he Would help them win they would pick him up.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Not true he had multiple chances to get on with a team with the stipulation that he not continue with his protest. His protest was peaceful and didn't hurt anyone or damage property which is the type of protest I have no problem with. The only damage he did was to some people's feeling many of which never served.
No one’s going to pick up a marginal player who is also a disruption to their business. If he was a really valuable player people would’ve picked him up

Statistics and reality be damned.... what a fvcking choade:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," he toldSteve Wyche of NFL Mediaabout the decision two years ago. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Uhhh yeah he is one. And you probably need to count to 10 and breathe deep breaths in between.
Nahh….you can do a little counting yourself. The dude wore socks with pigs in police uniforms on them to football practice. if they think he's admirable I don't find them respectable. I won't be buying any more nike products either.

1. He was on the way out anyways. Never was very good.

2. If he thought for a second that taking a knee would cost him this much, he wouldn't have even thought about doing it for 5 seconds.

3. "Social injustice" is an overused term by those who just haven't figured out life. No one is holding you down or suppressing you.

4. Dumb people of all color or being shot for doing stupid shit everyday across the country. Do stupud thing, expect stupid results. Personally, I don't think the police shoot enough stupid people.
Wow....

I was ordering some new kicks a few days ago and for the first time in years I ordered a pair of Adidas. Now I'm really glad I did.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
As a army veteran I consider it brave to put millions of dollars in jeopardy to take a knee for social Injustice going on in this country.

He was one of the worst QBs in the league at the time he started doing all of this. He knew his days were numbered at that time. These millions you speak of were just in his mind and I guess yours.

He was also offered a contract and turned it down that had zero to do with standing or kneeling and more about getting paid what he thought he was worth (which is crazy inflated)

I appreciate your service, but i completely disagree with your take.

He is doing this now to pay bills. This is his profession. He is a new age Jesse Jackson.

Nahh….you can do a little counting yourself. The dude wore socks with pigs in police uniforms on them to football practice. if they think he's admirable I don't find them respectable. I won't be buying any more nike products either.
Why would I need to count when I’m not angry?

He was one of the worst QBs in the league at the time he started doing all of this. He knew his days were numbered at that time. These millions you speak of were just in his mind and I guess yours.

He was also offered a contract and turned it down that had zero to do with standing or kneeling and more about getting paid what he thought he was worth (which is crazy inflated)

I appreciate your service, but i completely disagree with your take.

He is doing this now to pay bills. This is his profession. He is a new age Jesse Jackson.

Thank you.
Saying that he was one of the worst qbs in the league just isn't true. In his last year he throw for 16tds with 2 rushing tds to go along with only 4 ints.

Reactions: VeniceTiger
The Bills just named Nathan Peterman their starter. Last year he threw 5 INTs in one half and also fumbled.

This entire weekend of cuts and decision making was evidence of Kaepernick not being out of the league before he did this.

He’s turned down several jobs, and had even tried using it to say franchises don’t want him bc of what he supports, which is total bull shit. He’s been offered contracts by teams but his camp says franchises won’t touch him bc of his agenda, and that’s what I’m not on board with.
What teams?

Reactions: VeniceTiger
Well at least he has a job now.

Cant buy nike cuz this is dumb
Cant buy adidas cuz they are corrupt in basketball

Looks likeI have to buy pumas or k swiss
They’ve been paying him all along.

Congrats on looking like a nerd.

Reactions: wmnesbitt
He isn’t sacrificing shit. He stands to gain more from not playing than he ever did behind center. He epitomizes this generation’s protest movement in that it’s all about attention whoring themselves and calling for awareness without putting yourself in danger all while accomplishing nothing. If it was truly about playing football then he would already be on a roster as a backup. He had an offer from Seattle, Elway said he had an offer from Denver and he would’ve had an offer from Baltimore had his girlfriend not called the owner a racist and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom. People want to act like he’s the new Muhammad Ali and he’s not.

I think so. He could’ve backed down many times but has only dug in more deeply. Everything I’ve been told by those who have been around him say he’s committing his life to this cause. No matter what you believe about his stance, you have to respect the sacrifices he is making for something he believes in.

He no longer has a choice, but to dedicate his life to it.

He's black listed in the NFL. I can't see him ever taking another snap.

As a army veteran I consider it brave to put millions of dollars in jeopardy to take a knee for social Injustice going on in this country.

You were probably a supply bitch or some other soft skill MOS that had more females in AIT than males.

Congrats on being lost after high school.

Should’ve told @johnhugh that you could join the military and still be a coward. Maybe he wouldn’t still be living with his parents.

Reactions: poates6
Pretty sure he didn’t think things were gonna turn out the way they did...you know, the whole not having a job anymore

Wow. A dude who has sacrificed $10s of millions of dollars for a cause he believes in just wants attention. Ok buddy. Whatever.

The Bills just named Nathan Peterman their starter. Last year he threw 5 INTs in one half and also fumbled.

This entire weekend of cuts and decision making was evidence of Kaepernick not being out of the league before he did this.

Peterman is in his 2nd year in the league. He outperformed our very own Deshaun Watson in Death Valley and had the best qb performance I have seen vs Clemson. Peterman belongs and will be improved this year. He should not be a starter though.

You were probably a supply bitch or some other soft skill MOS that had more females in AIT than males.

Should’ve told @johnhugh that you could join the military and still be a coward. Maybe he wouldn’t still be living with his parents.

You sound like one hell of a good time at a party. Total people person.

Last edited:
Reactions: poates6

He didn't do it expecting to lose millions. He thought he could kneel, make a statement and then have teams clamoring for his service.

And FWIW, if he was still good enough to play, a team would have signed him.

He's an attention whore and it blew up in his face.

I don’t know you or the poster you are attacking, but unless you are a combat veteran you should close your mouth. I AM a combat arms veteran. I will simply state that any one who wrote the check and took the oath, regardless of branch or MOS, is a far far better person than those that ‘chose’ otherwise. While in service, I appreciated plane rides, having ammo, eating and getting paid.

Most that talk the shXt and never served are trying to compensate for choosing the easy way out- and will continue to compensate by trying to ‘out American’ everyone else. If you served, at f@@@ing ease, if not maybe one day you can do your part for the country.

WE see and WE know. The brave die but once, cowards die every day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT