ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike’s Just Do It Campaign.

I am so sick of the victim addiction in our society. I have no respect for anyone who panders and continues to play that card. The people who protested during the Civil Rights movement of the 60's with no protection, and actually experiencing beatings, fire hoses, dogs, death, etc. sacrificed everything that brought real change are real heroes. These contemporary cultural warriors like CK who protest and are protected who do not engage in real activities that bring any real change to anything and just use a victim narrative to manipulate and draw attention to themselves are pathetic. Every injustice needs to be dealt with, period. But everything that is called an injustice is not an injustice.

In my city in the last 2 weeks, 4 teenage black young men have been arrested for shooting and killing other black young men. A 16 and 17 year old last week on 2 different days, shot and killed other black men on their way to school and went to school like any other day after murdering people. Today, a young 18 year old black man was chased into a Chik-Fil-A and shot and killed in the Chik-fil-a by another young black man. The one who was shot, his grandmother was beaten to death in her home last week by another young black male. But Nike's going to pay CK millions because he's bitching and moaning about police brutality. Has there been unjustified police brutality? Yes. Is that the biggest epidemic in the communities CK is representing? Not by a long stretch. But because he's taking a knee, which brings no change, in a protected environment, he's a role model. Ridiculous!

As a army veteran I consider it brave to put millions of dollars in jeopardy to take a knee for social Injustice going on in this country.
Brave isn’t a word I’d use at all. But I guess my question is what has he or these guys done for social injustice? They take a knee only when the cameras are on, they stand up and then do nothing. How many have gone into Chicago to make a difference? What about St Louis? What about Baltimore? They’ve done nothing to help in those situations.

Reactions: Jayshaun494
My problem with Kaep is not thethe protest, it's wearing a t shirt of his hero who murdered gays and blacks. Not really offering promising outcomes if that's the type of society he wants.

Looks like he's making a lot more as a sjw than he would as a backup QB. Good business decision on his part.

Not really smart guy but it made me feel better about my purchase.
Well since you bought Adidas you should check out some of the biggest names they have started to sponsor. They have gone towards a lot of rappers recently giving them a lot of money. Including Drake, the biggest musician on the planet, who just the other day called Trump a “****ing idiot”

Enjoy your Adidas!

So often on this board in the past I'd see the same people who are now talking about no longer buying Nike Products, dumping stock, protesting, etc...who were claiming it was "fake outrage" whenever there would be reactions to a cop killing an unarmed black man or similar situations.

Y'all are the ones that sound like a bunch of snowflakes.

Not true he had multiple chances to get on with a team with the stipulation that he not continue with his protest. His protest was peaceful and didn't hurt anyone or damage property which is the type of protest I have no problem with. The only damage he did was to some people's feeling many of which never served.
Not true my friend.... Kaep did an interview with Rolling Stone in March 2017 saying that he was done with his "protest"...ironically, it was the same time he became a free agent & realized no one really cared to have a washed up distraction on their team... So he quickly tried to do damage control...just a big ole hypocrite...

Then he reversed course once again later on after it became clear that no one was gonna sign him & he knew them NFL checks weren't gonna be rolling in. Tried to get back to being "the face" of the movement b/c he knew that would be the only way he was gonna get paid anymore...

He doesn't need too because here we are on a Clemson board taking about the issue. I think he accomplished his goal.

And yet nothing is changed. Talk is cheap. Whose life is thread going to save. No one’s. Whose life will be better? No one. What community is going to be transformed because of this thread? Not a one. That’s the stupidest response possible.

Not true my friend.... Kaep did an interview with Rolling Stone in March 2017 saying that he was done with his "protest"...ironically, it was the same time he became a free agent & realized no one really cared to have a washed up distraction on their team... So he quickly tried to do damage control...just a big ole hypocrite...

Then he reversed course once again later on after it became clear that no one was gonna sign him & he knew them NFL checks weren't gonna be rolling in. Tried to get back to being "the face" of the movement b/c he knew that would be the only way he was gonna get paid anymore...
Can you post said article.

And yet nothing is changed. Talk is cheap. Whose life is thread going to save. No one’s. Whose life will be better? No one. What community is going to be transformed because of this thread? Not a one. That’s the stupidest response possible.
So your saying that you still don't care about people getting killed unjustly? If so you are a part of the problem

So your saying that you still don't care about people getting killed unjustly? If so you are a part of the problem
That’s the biggest problem and the reason protests need to continue. White guy who has never suffered any injustice telling black folk who get harassed by cops to let it go.

Like the poster who complained about the protests on the way to the game. I don’t care that people who look like you are getting murdered by cops. Stop making me wait in traffic an extra 20 minutes.

I wish everyone experienced some type of prejudice in their life.

What? How did you get that? You should read my post above. I care deeply. And I know talking about CK deal with Nike on a message board isn’t saving anyone. His kneeling is saving no one. Wow, just wow.

Actually I’ve been part of the solution in my community in the lives of several young black men. How many young black men has CK mentored?

Neither article has anything to do with police brutality.

But hopefully you're smart enough to see where "innocent people are getting killed unjustly"

It's like I'm educating with a group of 3rd graders who are completely unaware college football has started.

TDS?

Reactions: poates6
It comes down to whether you believe that police brutality or abuse is a significant issue in our country-I do not think so and thus do not support Nike here (and the police as pigs socks and Castro shirt are tasteless). Those who support this think that it is a significant issue and we will never agree.

Reactions: poates6
That’s the biggest problem and the reason protests need to continue. White guy who has never suffered any injustice telling black folk who get harassed by cops to let it go.

Like the poster who complained about the protests on the way to the game. I don’t care that people who look like you are getting murdered by cops. Stop making me wait in traffic an extra 20 minutes.

I wish everyone experienced some type of prejudice in their life.

Hi,

I’m white. I’ve experienced injustice based on my race and prejudice due to my race. I’ve experienced pure hatred due to my race.

I’ve actually been harassed and detained by a police officer, because of my race. CK isn’t helping anyone I know. He’s not making a difference for any communities I’m involved in.

I will Be among those who choose not to buy Nike in the future. Of course I pretty much have only bought extremely discounted Nike gear lately because they (as well as most) have become way to expensive.

In short, Keep thinking it’s the color of your skin that is the issue, and it will be. You are the biggest racist in your life if you think this way.

But hopefully you're smart enough to see where "innocent people are getting killed unjustly"

It's like I'm educating with a group of 3rd graders who are completely unaware college football has started.

TDS?
Since you are a Mensa member, then you probably understand what happens to communities that can’t trust the cops or the courts. It’s a breakdown of society and that creates violence. I encourage you to read a book or two on the topic.

Hi,

I’m white. I’ve experienced injustice based on my race and prejudice due to my race. I’ve experienced pure hatred due to my race.

I’ve actually been harassed and detained by a police officer, because of my race. CK isn’t helping anyone I know. He’s not making a difference for any communities I’m involved in.

I will Be among those who choose not to buy Nike in the future. Of course I pretty much have only bought extremely discounted Nike gear lately because they (as well as most) have become way to expensive.

In short, Keep thinking it’s the color of your skin that is the issue, and it will be. You are the biggest racist in your life if you think this way.
Try having an open and honest conversation with black people and you will better understand the importance of his protest.

I’ve had the same conversation with police officers. Learned a lot from those and confirmed my belief that we need to make major changes in the way we train our police.

Since you are a Mensa member, then you probably understand what happens to communities that can’t trust the cops or the courts. It’s a breakdown of society and that creates violence. I encourage you to read a book or two on the topic.

So what are your predictions with the issues we have in the FBI and in our courts? I’m guessing a lot more violence headed our way???

Try having an open and honest conversation with black people and you will better understand the importance of his protest.

I’ve had the same conversation with police officers. Learned a lot from those and confirmed my belief that we need to make major changes in the way we train our police.
I disagree 100%, police are not the problem.

I have. I’ve lead efforts to get congressmen to allocate funds for additional martial arts (specifically judo and aikido) to build confidence in our officers so they don’t go to deadly force so quickly.

I have black people over to my house regularly and they return the favor as wel and we discuss these things frequently. We’ve both learned from each other. It happened because we gave each other the benefit of the doubt and checked our assumptions at the door.

Maybe you can check your assumptions at the door too?

And I would encourage you to promote 4 things in the black community

1. Finish free school. k-12
2. Get a job
3. Don't break the law
4. Don't have a kid out of wedlock

Walk me through where a fear of cops or courts influence any of the above 4 things. This will remove you from the dependency of the democratic party.

Government dependence and hating cops is a weird stance for black Americans imo.

So what are your predictions with the issues we have in the FBI and in our courts? I’m guessing a lot more violence headed our way???
That’s great that you have those conversations and have taken action. I wish more people were as engaged as you.

I’m not sure I understand your question. What problems do we have in the FBI?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT