ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Vaccines.....

Once you get vaccinated, can we go back to normal life or do we have to keep wearing our hijabs? If they’re asking everyone to get a shot but stay in bubble wrap, is it really a vaccine?
Outside of Pre-check or Global Entry, do you still have to take your shoes off to board a airplane?

With that said .... I’ll take the vaccine when it begins available to me. I’ll take it first, then if my asshole doesn’t turn inside out in 2-3 weeks I’ll let my wife and kids get it

Science isn’t something you just trust. Data isn’t up to interpretation. This blind ignorance is how the government has been able to try numerous pandemic experiments with no science to support.

The same experts are the ones that have spent the last 75 years trying to figure out what a healthy diet is lol. There comes a time people need to use their brains and practice independent thought.

trusting fact free science is why more people will die from covid preventative policies than the virus.
There are facts in the development of these vaccines. There is a heavily scrutinized process to how they are developed and if they will be granted the ability to give to the public.

You seem to be struggling with a ghost (fact free science).

First and foremost, they have no idea what side affects there may be over the long haul. Several trials have been stopped due to adverse reactions.

Most things that are rushed have a higher likelihood of error.
Good general rule, but you should look closer at what is considered to be "rushed" about the vaccine. That general rule does not apply at all in this case IMO.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
I work for a health insurance company and we had a conference call this week about the vaccines. Although these vaccines are the least studied in regards to long-term effects (months rather than years), the safety profile is really good. Most major complications that occur with vaccines occur in the 1st 8 weeks. Doesn’t mean that these vaccines won’t have issues, but already doing well in the first 2 months is extremely promising. With 11 million already known cases in the country, and likely 4-5 times that many who were asymptotic, there’s likely 50 million people already with immunity. Now start adding in 25 million people getting the vaccine monthly starting in December, we’re quickly going to turn the corner on this once we get past the holidays. The j&j and aztrozenica vaccines not likely to be released until maybe January, and they have a different mechanism of action compared to the Moderna/Pfizer versions. But all of them have had great success in targeting the “spike” protein on the virus, so luckily this virus can be handled with a vaccine compared to other viruses.

Science isn’t something you just trust. Data isn’t up to interpretation. This blind ignorance is how the government has been able to try numerous pandemic experiments with no science to support.

The same experts are the ones that have spent the last 75 years trying to figure out what a healthy diet is lol. There comes a time people need to use their brains and practice independent thought.

trusting fact free science is why more people will die from covid preventative policies than the virus.
fact free science? Did you learn that term from George Orwell?

First and foremost, they have no idea what side affects there may be over the long haul. Several trials have been stopped due to adverse reactions.

Most things that are rushed have a higher likelihood of error.
Add to that the fact that it is a totally new way of treating virus' through mRNA manipulation and there is justifyable concern as to what this thing can and will do to participants. I have nothing against those that want to take it, but me and my family will not. DHEC came out with a statement earlier this week that said the vaccine would be free, but not mandatory. I hope the mandatory part stays. I can see the potential for this thing to be a healthcare nightmare in the future, but maybe not. If me or my family suffered from a comorbidity or I and my wife were 70+ I might take the chance, but not in our current condition. Especially since death rates per infections have gone down and better treatment options have been developed for the virus.

Add to that the fact that it is a totally new way of treating virus' through mRNA manipulation and there is justifyable concern as to what this thing can and will do to participants. I have nothing against those that want to take it, but me and my family will not. DHEC came out with a statement earlier this week that said the vaccine would be free, but not mandatory. I hope the mandatory part stays. I can see the potential for this thing to be a healthcare nightmare in the future, but maybe not. If me or my family suffered from a comorbidity or I and my wife were 70+ I might take the chance, but not in our current condition. Especially since death rates per infections have gone down and better treatment options have been developed for the virus.
Not trying to argue but I'm genuinely curious what side effects you are worried about when it comes to this vaccine? Or is it just the unknown for you?

That’s true about most medications. We don’t know if ADHD medicine messes up your heart, but everyone is taking it these days. I’ve been on it since I was 8 and I’m in my 20s. Does that mean I’m going to stop taking it out of fear? No.

You are making my point. Most medications have some side affects, but they are documented and there has been TIME to understand what they are before it is released to the public wholesale.

Even then very few people (as a percentage of the population) actually take it. Over TIME we understand its efficacy and side affects. How many drugs have made it through to the public only to be discovered to have a long term side effect that out weighs the good and has to be pulled? How many make it through the first few years of studies but then fail at the finish line?

The vaccine may be fine. It is a risk, there is higher risk due to the situation that is forcing this to the market in record TIME. It is likely that 100 million people will take this vaccine inside of 6-12 months from its release to the public in the US alone.

I am surprised at the cavalier attitude many people have towards those that want to pump the breaks. They scoff at any notion of concern.

You are making my point. Most medications have some side affects, but they are documented and there has been TIME to understand what they are before it is released to the public wholesale.

Even then very few people (as a percentage of the population) actually take it. Over TIME we understand its efficacy and side affects. How many drugs have made it through to the public only to be discovered to have a long term side effect that out weighs the good and has to be pulled? How many make it through the first few years of studies but then fail at the finish line?

The vaccine may be fine. It is a risk, there is higher risk due to the situation that is forcing this to the market in record TIME. It is likely that 100 million people will take this vaccine inside of 6-12 months from its release to the public in the US alone.

I am surprised at the cavalier attitude many people have towards those that want to pump the breaks. They scoff at any notion of concern.
I’d rather be in the second group but I mean damn it’s a vaccine

[QUOTE="castlesl, post: 4174610, member: 4574" Several trials have been stopped due to adverse reactions.
[/QUOTE]
This is not accurate. Trials were stopped to make sure the “adverse reactions” were not caused by the vaccine. In every single case it was determined that the vaccine was not the issue and thus the trials moved forward. The only “adverse reactions” have been soreness at injection site and some lethargy in a minute number of people (same as flu shot).

People need to take off the tin hats and get the vaccine so I can go to concerts and packed football games.

I think eventually they’ll require everyone to have been vaccinated or prove they are negative for COVID to go anywhere. Seems much easier to just get the vaccine
I doubt that. That would mean it made store owners, etc. having to make life even more miserable for potential patrons. This next Administration will fvck the citizens of this country with further draconian bullshit.
I work for a health insurance company and we had a conference call this week about the vaccines. Although these vaccines are the least studied in regards to long-term effects (months rather than years), the safety profile is really good. Most major complications that occur with vaccines occur in the 1st 8 weeks. Doesn’t mean that these vaccines won’t have issues, but already doing well in the first 2 months is extremely promising. With 11 million already known cases in the country, and likely 4-5 times that many who were asymptotic, there’s likely 50 million people already with immunity. Now start adding in 25 million people getting the vaccine monthly starting in December, we’re quickly going to turn the corner on this once we get past the holidays. The j&j and aztrozenica vaccines not likely to be released until maybe January, and they have a different mechanism of action compared to the Moderna/Pfizer versions. But all of them have had great success in targeting the “spike” protein on the virus, so luckily this virus can be handled with a vaccine compared to other viruses.

Finally.... someone on TI that understands what's going on with Covid-19 regarding vaccines.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I will go down the rabbit hole a little.

I have thought for a while that China has had a vaccine of their own OR there are people dying at an astonishing rate over there. It's one of the two. Every where else in the world, some places with amazing health care and restrictive measures, are having a tough time with this thing. Meanwhile China, one of the most populated countries on earth with terrible health care is reporting less than 100 cases per day and 91K total cases since March??? I don't know how or why the world isn't absolutely outraged at China. Are people not infuriated at those numbers? It's a slap in the face. They haven't lifted a freaking finger to help and have not been truthful from the start. They won't even let investigators in to try and locate the source. Meanwhile our own politicians are ripping each other apart over this thing when the bipartisan effort and finger pointing should be squarely on CHINA. It's unreal the pass they have been given and it's disgusting that we have some leaders in this country and around the world in other countries that refuse to publicly acknowledge the lack of cooperation from the harvesters of this disease that will kill millions and cost trillions.
Bipartisanship....what a novel idea.

Reactions: yoshi121374
As a reasonably healthy young person, I will for sure take the vaccine. Can't imagine it would be too harmful.

If I were 80+, I think I would be patient in getting the vaccine.

Reactions: johnhugh
Has anyone been offered the vaccine yet, and if so, are you taking it?

My wife (nurse) received the email yesterday that the hospital is giving out the first round the end of next month. She has the choice to take it or not take it. She just has to turn in the survey by Sunday.

Second round is in the spring time. Apparently it’s the one from Pfizer, will be interesting to see how many take it.

Would you?
I would bathe in the vaccine at this point.

Control. That's what they want

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I will go down the rabbit hole a little.

I have thought for a while that China has had a vaccine of their own OR there are people dying at an astonishing rate over there. It's one of the two. Every where else in the world, some places with amazing health care and restrictive measures, are having a tough time with this thing. Meanwhile China, one of the most populated countries on earth with terrible health care is reporting less than 100 cases per day and 91K total cases since March??? I don't know how or why the world isn't absolutely outraged at China. Are people not infuriated at those numbers? It's a slap in the face. They haven't lifted a freaking finger to help and have not been truthful from the start. They won't even let investigators in to try and locate the source. Meanwhile our own politicians are ripping each other apart over this thing when the bipartisan effort and finger pointing should be squarely on CHINA. It's unreal the pass they have been given and it's disgusting that we have some leaders in this country and around the world in other countries that refuse to publicly acknowledge the lack of cooperation from the harvesters of this disease that will kill millions and cost trillions.

China has been given a pass by the media in large part because china has bought a lot of US interests over the decades. We've sold our soul to china. There should be major consequences for allowing the virus out, and covering it up by only banning travel within china but allowing citizens to flee to other countries to spread it. They have some of the worst human rights of any country in the world yet we turn a blind eye to it.

Outside of Pre-check or Global Entry, do you still have to take your shoes off to board a airplane?

With that said .... I’ll take the vaccine when it begins available to me. I’ll take it first, then if my asshole doesn’t turn inside out in 2-3 weeks I’ll let my wife and kids get it

Ouch

That's all I've got

Reactions: MoneMan
The problem with the Pfizer vaccine will be storage. It states it has to be stored at minus 70 degrees celsius or below. Most of the hospitals, and distribution centers do not have that capability and will have to buy new freezers.
I read this morning where part of the Warp Speed project is actually sending freezers out as Biden was saying the vaccine would not be available especially to rural areas.

Reactions: WarpedMind
I think eventually they’ll require everyone to have been vaccinated or prove they are negative for COVID to go anywhere. Seems much easier to just get the vaccine

I heard on the radio that concerts would start doing that. Show proof of vaccination or have a negative test result within the last 48 hours, or you don't get it.

Why would you NOT take it?

We have a pandemic that has shut down major parts of the economy and the vaccine is >90% effective. I would be the first in line, especially if I were working in a hospital/healthcare.

If everyone else gets the vaccine, then I won't need to.

That’s true about most medications. We don’t know if ADHD medicine messes up your heart, but everyone is taking it these days. I’ve been on it since I was 8 and I’m in my 20s. Does that mean I’m going to stop taking it out of fear? No.

giphy.gif

Has anyone been offered the vaccine yet, and if so, are you taking it?

My wife (nurse) received the email yesterday that the hospital is giving out the first round the end of next month. She has the choice to take it or not take it. She just has to turn in the survey by Sunday.

Second round is in the spring time. Apparently it’s the one from Pfizer, will be interesting to see how many take it.

Would you?
I would. Which way is your wife leaning?

That is in extremely short supply in this country. I agree with you completely, but people here seem incapable of independent thought. My guess is that there education system failed many people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Essolover4
Although some will..I also know many who will not take this vaccine...

Last edited:
Reactions: amynhop
I would. Which way is your wife leaning?
She’s not taking the first round next month. (She’s 45 and in very good health) She has been adamant about that from the beginning.

She did say that if the results are positive from the first round she would take it in the spring.

You'd be dumber than a box of rocks to take the vaccine unless you're in poor health and don't have the immune system to fight it naturally.

Me personally, COVID wants no more of a part of me than a schoolgirl wants to meet Jon Jones in an Octagon.

And now it all makes sense.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

I absolutely would. You could argue that medical professionals should consider being vaccinated part of their duty.

I'm surprised they already have so many plans before any of the vaccines have actually been approved.

Why would you NOT take it?

We have a pandemic that has shut down major parts of the economy and the vaccine is >90% effective. I would be the first in line, especially if I were working in a hospital/healthcare.
A lot of these people seem like they like complaining about public health measures more than doing anything that would end the need for them. More than a few just seem to have a really hard time with anybody else being an authority on anything.

Last edited:
On top of that, vaccines are among the safest forms of medicine out there. I'm not really sure why people seem so much more afraid of vaccines than other forms of medicine. Maybe it's the needle and the injection mechanism?

I'm thinking i'll wait a while....maybe till summer.
they should be on version 6 by then....
if it is required for purposes of in-person business dealings i can just tattoo on my wrist so they will know i got version 6----around June 5th....
V6 on 6-5
if June 5th is on a sunday i'll just go the next day.

Reactions: jxmas1175
There is a 100% chance some people in the country will have a super bad reaction to the vaccine (death or severe neurologic issues).

There is a 100% chance that a delusional class of americans who have a large propensity to believe in conspiracy theories will use that vaccine reaction as evidence to not get vaccinated while ignoring the lives it saves. The same people who are clamoring to lift restrictions because the the deaths from the virus are acceptable loses.

There is a 100% chance that this thread is full of those people.

The problem isnt that people arent thinking for themselves or not thinking independently. It's the lack of self awareness and ones own limitations.

the other factor in favor of vaccines ( in addition to the well documented science behind the vaccines) is the virtual certainty that to attend concerts, sporting events ( and I am sure Clemson games) you will have to demonstrate that you have had both doses of one of the vaccines or a very recent negative Covid test. Seems much simpler to get the vaccine. I am a physician and I will be at the front of the line as soon as I am able to get the vaccine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT