ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo’s shirt on Twitter

I solely posted Trevor’s post to share his opinion in regards to Dabo’s shirt that it’s not mocking the Black Lives Matter movement.

This situation regarding Dabo’s shirt has gotten completely out of control.
Unfortunately, everything in today’s time has gotten out of hand . This country needs some prayers

Was just speaking in general terms and not to anyone in particular. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the shirt. Not a damn thing wrong with it

No doubt. With all going on though I can’t see how he couldn’t say to himself it’s probably not a good idea to wear this shirt today

Yes he would...if he was devious. As someone said, the guy is known to talk shit about Clemson. Him defending Dabo proves nothing.

Maybe but it’d still be a weird move to do. And now it’s been proven to be real. Not saying he meant anything at all bad with it

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
The criticism over his last statement had nothing to do with his sharing his faith...because he didn’t actually share his faith, but rather he used the word “faith” as a shield from actually saying anything worthwhile at all. Jeremiah 29:11? For real? Might as well have quoted Philippians 4:13 while he was at it. It was hollow.

Bullshit Bomani. Just cause it didn’t say anything worthwhile to you doesn’t mean he didn’t say anything worthwhile. Some of y’all would have dogged him no matter what he said.

Bullshit Bomani. Just cause it didn’t say anything worthwhile to you doesn’t mean he didn’t say anything worthwhile. Some of y’all would have dogged him no matter what he said.
That just isn’t true. He made some dumb comments that totally missed the mark. And he’s rightfully getting called on it. What did he say that was substantive?

No doubt. With all going on though I can’t see how he couldn’t say to himself it’s probably not a good idea to wear this shirt today

I have no idea why anyone would think it was a bad idea to wear a shirt that contains a youth football slogan on it. Some of y’all are trying too hard to be woke or something.

A shirt Dabo has been wearing for months at the very least representing an organization/cause that is inclusive of all races and that Dabo probably feels very strongly about. I wish people would stop saying it was insensitive for him to wear it, because it just wasn’t.

Because people who aren’t racists (aka Dabo) don’t think in those terms. He’s a football coach wearing a “football matters” t-shirt. So why wouldn’t he wear that shirt?

That just isn’t true. He made some dumb comments that totally missed the mark. And he’s rightfully getting called on it. What did he say that was substantive?

No they didn’t. To Dabo they described exactly how he was thinking and feeling, and how he leans on his faith during trying times.

Again, I don’t think he could’ve said anything that would’ve satisfied a person like you.

The only reason people want Dabo to make a statement is so they can twist it and turn it against him. He is in a no win situation. No matter what he says he will be criticized to the end of the earth because he is a man of faith and conviction and that does not fit the agenda for an extremely liberal news media.

why hasn’t the media “demanded” Coach K make a statement about the state of things?

You're right, some people just want to make a fool of a redneck from Alabama who’s vocal about his faith. That doesn’t change the fact that he has an opportunity.

As a fan, my criticism comes from a place of admiration for a man who I believe is more than just football coach to the players, University, and community at large. I do care about his stance and don’t think I’m alone. While I doubt he has been silent behind the scenes, a public statement beyond his typical “racism is a sin problem” would be powerful. That’s all.

Reactions: fcctiger12
You're right, some people just want to make a fool of a redneck from Alabama who’s vocal about his faith. That doesn’t change the fact that he has an opportunity.

As a fan, my criticism comes from a place of admiration for a man who I believe is more than just football coach to the players, University, and community at large. I do care about his stance and don’t think I’m alone. While I doubt he has been silent behind the scenes, a public statement beyond his typical “racism is a sin problem” would be powerful. That’s all.
He has been living his opportunity for the last 10+ years. Paw Journey! Actions mean more than words!

No they didn’t. To Dabo they described exactly how he was thinking and feeling, and how he leans on his faith during trying times.

Again, I don’t think he could’ve said anything that would’ve satisfied a person like you.
All I heard in that statement was some poorly thought out meandering thoughts. Word salad. I’m glad it was impactful to you and hope it was to others as well. I don’t WANT Dabo to be a fake. But that presser came off extremely fake to me

All I heard in that statement was some poorly thought out meandering thoughts. Word salad. I’m glad it was impactful to you and hope it was to others as well. I don’t WANT Dabo to be a fake. But that presser came off extremely fake to me
Are you Bomani Jones?

And for those who are concerned over Dabo’s shirt...currently there’s a picture of Kirby Smart wearing a confederate hat circulating through social media. That I can understand being upset about. This outrage in regards to Dabo’s shirt is absurd!

I so hope that picture is real...because I genuinely think Kirby is a bad guy. However, I doubt he catches half the amount of shit for a blatant act of stupidity that Dabo has caught for no reason.

And for those who are concerned over Dabo’s shirt...currently there’s a picture of Kirby Smart wearing a confederate hat circulating through social media. That I can understand being upset about. This outrage in regards to Dabo’s shirt is absurd!

I so hope that picture is real...because I genuinely think Kirby is a bad guy. However, I doubt he catches half the amount of shit for a blatant act of stupidity that Dabo has caught for no reason.
Link to the Kirby Picture? Please

I think so. That’s why I called him Bomani. LOL @ Dabo being a “fake.”
Here’s my thing. I’m to the point where it doesn’t personally offend me what he said or didn’t say and I believe he loves his players. But he’s botched this and it’s hurting our program. We can all at least agree we want our program and team to be unified and to play well, right? If this ends up not affecting that and he’s able to continue to be a good leader for our guys, I’m good. But I’m telling you, I think it’s hurting our team chemistry. And Dabo did that.

Reactions: trich24
He has been living his opportunity for the last 10+ years. Paw Journey! Actions mean more than words!

Yes he has and it’s been amazing to witness. He’s arguably the best in collegiate athletics at molding young men outside of just the sport they play. It’s inspiring. He’s also given time and money to help individuals in need and causes that make a real difference in people’s lives.

Some moments in time require public words from well respected and genuine people with major influence. Doing that would also be an action.

And it isn’t about the stupid tshirt.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Yes he has and it’s been amazing to witness. He’s arguably the best in collegiate athletics at molding young men outside of just the sport they play. It’s inspiring. He’s also given time and money to help individuals in need and causes that make a real difference in people’s lives.

Some moments in time require public words from well respected and genuine people with major influence. Doing that would also be an action.

And it isn’t about the stupid tshirt.
Excellent post but:
Dabo will do that in his own time. Not twitter’s or the media’s time.

Reactions: Fact_Check
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT