ADVERTISEMENT

*****Dabo, on team vaccinations

Cris,
All due respect, but discussing the society benefits of a vaccinated population is not political. Persistent low vaccine rates increase the likelihood that mutations to the virus that are resistant to current vaccines can take hold. The tools are there for us as a society to increase our protection from a virus that has killed over 600,000 of our fellow Americans.

We are a wealthy and scientifically advanced society that should take full advantage of the benefits that our scientists and doctors have given us. Unfortunately, there is a very vocal undercurrent of lies, misinformation and willful ignorance about the virus and the vaccine that go against the truth and our scientific understanding.

Propagating lies and misinformation isn't political... it's ignorant. Pointing out lies and misinformation isn't political... it's necessary.
I agree with you. I’d like to do something necessary and point out your lie.

600,000 Americans haven’t died from covid.

Everythjng else I can get behind.

You are absolutely correct taco. Spreading misinformation like you just did is ignorant. To try to say that the unvaccinated are solely responsible for the creation of variants is a stretch and to say otherwise is spreading misinformation without several pieces of data to back up your claim. We don’t know how much protection natural immunity gives you in prevention nor spread of the virus. We don’t know how many fully vaccinated asymptomatic carriers of the coronovirus have spread or are currently spreading Covid. What we do know is the number of vaccinated people contracting Covid is not zero. We also know that people vaccinated are far less likely to test. To say vaccinated people are not spreading Covid even if it’s to a lesser degree than the unvaccinated is just a fantasy.

LOL unvaccinated people are definitely the problem. Keep trying to justify being unvaccinated, though.

We have 19 COVID pts in our local hospital right now. 7 vents. Had ZERO two weeks ago finally for the first time. None of the 19 are vaccinated. A nearby large medical center now has 195 COVID pts....they had 210 at the peak last year. Nearly all this due to Delta variant. Appears vaccine is about 60% effective against getting the virus but still 97% effective against hospitalizations. Either way, no matter what side you're on, a huge increase in cases is coming and it's getting exhausting to deal with over and over

I have no clue why that would be an assumption you would make.
[/QUO
I have no clue why that would be an assumption you would make.
It’s easy really. Vaccinated people are being tested at very low rates compared to the unvaccinated. In a few instances where they have been the Yankees and the NC State team had high rates of vaccinated asymptomatic detection in a small sample size.

LOL unvaccinated people are definitely the problem. Keep trying to justify being unvaccinated, though.
Show me the data pal just because you spout it out repeated doesn’t make it anymore true. Facts are vaccinated people are contracting and spreading covid19. To say unvaccinated people are solely responsible for variants is disingenuous.

who said cure? Sincerely hope you go get some real info on what it is and what it’s supposed to be. It’s not a cure it’s not a vaccine it’s specifically designed to minimize the effects of the virus. There are no ‘vaccines’ for viruses. The scientific studies say 95% efficacy, which means your body can figure it out 95% better after the shot. 95% less effects from the virus. That means your body will make less virus and spread it to less people. Also means less people will get a mutated form (variant) of the virus. The biggest problem with this whole thing is everyone is working with opposing ‘facts’.
No where did I state anyone sd it was a cure. My point is we dont truly know long term effects and if it truly is better than the anti-bodies from having COVID. Sure, if you have never had COVID, I would agree it probably gives a much better chance of fighting off the more severe effects of COVID. Having had COVID, I dont think there is enough evidence either way, at this time, to support me needing the shot.

When my immediate family contracted COVID several months after I had it, I didnt get it a second time. All other family members that hadn't had COVID and came in contact with my family contracted it. It appears my anti-bodies fought of the second strain. Could it have been other factors? Sure. Was it most likely my anti-bodies. I believe so.

Reactions: dual_tiger
No where did I state anyone sd it was a cure. My point is we dont truly know long term effects and if it truly is better than the anti-bodies from having COVID. Sure, if you have never had COVID, I would agree it probably gives a much better chance of fighting off the more severe effects of COVID. Having had COVID, I dont think there is enough evidence either way, at this time, to support me needing the shot.

When my immediate family contracted COVID several months after I had it, I didnt get it a second time. All other family members that hadn't had COVID and came in contact with my family contracted it. It appears my anti-bodies fought of the second strain. Could it have been other factors? Sure. Was it most likely my anti-bodies. I believe so.
I am in the same boat. My kids and I both had it back in January. I also have been exposed since and didn’t get the virus. I even have tested for antibodies once a month since February. I have been positive every time including this month.

The mental gymnastics by a vocal few ITT are staggering.

It's intentional trolling unless someone can convince me otherwise.

You can’t be this stupid. I choose to believe that you aren’t.
anti-vaxxers used to be laughed at as some of the craziest people on the planet

now they're running rampant

For some reason, I don't see this changing once it is fully approved by the FDA, even though that is one of their favorite talking points

They're selfish

You are absolutely correct taco. Spreading misinformation like you just did is ignorant. To try to say that the unvaccinated are solely responsible for the creation of variants is a stretch and to say otherwise is spreading misinformation without several pieces of data to back up your claim. We don’t know how much protection natural immunity gives you in prevention nor spread of the virus. We don’t know how many fully vaccinated asymptomatic carriers of the coronovirus have spread or are currently spreading Covid. What we do know is the number of vaccinated people contracting Covid is not zero. We also know that people vaccinated are far less likely to test. To say vaccinated people are not spreading Covid even if it’s to a lesser degree than the unvaccinated is just a fantasy.
Not sure what point you are trying to make when you state absolutes that I never said and then make some misguided simpleton argument against it...

Lot of people are demonstrating a lack of general awareness about what vaccines actually do. Vaccines do not put up a stone wall against a particular virus that blocks it from ever entering a person's body. The virus can still get in, the virus can still replicate, the vaccinated person's body still needs to generate an immune response to repel the virus. But on average the vaccinated (or prior infected) person's response will be much faster the an unvaccinated person with no antibodies. The faster the bodies response, the less the virus can replicate in the host, the lower the replication the lower the chance of that person spreading the virus to someone else and the lower the odds of a harmful viral mutation.

So yes, covid vaccinated people can still contact the virus. Due to their vaccine enhanced immune response, they will on average spread the virus to fewer people have lower rates of hospitalization (which is a large and significant financial burden on society).
All around win for vaccines.

The number of vaccine-related deaths has increased dramatically this year. According to the CDC's own data, in 2021, in the first 3 months, more than 1,750 vaccine deaths were registered on the VAERS website in the United States.
Last week, they reported 6,985 deaths, and this week this number has increased from 2,043 to 9,048.

Currently, there are 9125 deaths from vaccination in the United States as of 2021 (CDC data)

In addition, 1,505 deaths from COVID-19 were registered in the United States last week.

This means that there were more deaths from the Covid vaccine in the US last week than from Covid itself.

@WorldawakeningTrueNews. Here is some news that probably 99% of you are unaware of. I have not had the vaccine shot nor my wife and we do not intend to get it. When you do the research, we as the world are being told a lie about what the vaccine is doing to thousands upon thousands of people. This article that I have copied n pasted is from the CDC‘s own website that the news media will never tell you. If it means that Clemson loses every game this year, and I have been a tiger fan for over 60 years n gone to every playoff game for the last 5 years, I am willing for that to happen if it will save someone else’s life from taking the vaccine shot. We are about to experience an entire generation of not having children born from girls who are getting the shot. The government is even now pushing for children to age 5 to get the vaccine. Just this past month, a report came out that JetBlue airline lost five pilots who died mysteriously because they were forced to get the vaccine or else they would lose their job. I have been called many things including a conspiracy theorist, which is fine with me. Standing up for what I believe is true is my right as an American. I know many of you have had pressure put on you, as I have even from many of my church friends, to get the shot or lose your job. That is a decision that all of us will have to make sometime this year. Do not believe what the news media is telling you. It is all a lie and it will be coming out soon. Please do the research and follow the money. Fauci and Bill Gates are making millions upon millions of dollars off of this vaccine. Time will tell. Pray for me and my family as I will certainly do for you n your family.
Holy shit we have a crazy anti-vaxxer here.

1. Cites Qanon source in his incoherent rant - CHECK
2. Claims that the vaccine is more dangerous than Covid - CHECK
3. Fauci + Bill Gates conspiracies - CHECK
4. Doesn't understand VAERS but attempts to cite statistics from the reporting tool and gets it completely wrong - CHECK
5. Talking about his 'rights' as an American without understanding those rights - CHECK
6. Claims that the vaccine is going to affect the children of vaccinated women born long after pregnancy - CHECK (and just wow)

Yep, checks out as a crazy anti-vaxxer. Do us all a favor and go back to being an observer on here.

would also love to see a poll on how many of the anti-vaxxers actually graduated from Clemson

My guess is very, very few

anti-vaxxers used to be laughed at as some of the craziest people on the planet

now they're running rampant

For some reason, I don't see this changing once it is fully approved by the FDA, even though that is one of their favorite talking points

They're selfish
Selfish is the best word for it.

They could stand to be the patriots they claim to be and get vaccinated to aid their fellow countrymen and help put this situation in the rear view mirror. Instead they cling to falsities about some vaccine boogeyman coming for them and their rights.

Previous generations were shot and killed on battlefields to aid their country and fellow Americans and people around the world. People today cannot get a shot and do the bare minimum to do the same. Selfish.

I have heard multiple times on here that vaccinated people are not getting tested. That is not true, My wife and I went on vacation with elderly grandparents just recently. My 14yo son, who is vaccinated, returned from camp the day before we left and brought home some kind of crud. He got sick at the beginning of the week. Bad cold symptoms, my wife got it middle of the week, I got it the end of the week. I felt horrible, ran a fever for a few days. Finally went in to see Dr the day we got back. They tested my wife and I for covid because we presented several covid symptoms. They knew we were vaccinated, but still tested us. Thankfully, we were both negative.

Not sure what point you are trying to make when you state absolutes that I never said and then make some misguided simpleton argument against it...

Lot of people are demonstrating a lack of general awareness about what vaccines actually do. Vaccines do not put up a stone wall against a particular virus that blocks it from ever entering a person's body. The virus can still get in, the virus can still replicate, the vaccinated person's body still needs to generate an immune response to repel the virus. But on average the vaccinated (or prior infected) person's response will be much faster the an unvaccinated person with no antibodies. The faster the bodies response, the less the virus can replicate in the host, the lower the replication the lower the chance of that person spreading the virus to someone else and the lower the odds of a harmful viral mutation.

So yes, covid vaccinated people can still contact the virus. Due to their vaccine enhanced immune response, they will on average spread the virus to fewer people have lower rates of hospitalization (which is a large and significant financial burden on society).
All around win for vaccines.
No doubt vaccinated have fewer severe illness and thus hospitalizations as does those with previous infection.This is a very good factor to think about for those at high risk either because of age or other factors. There is plenty of data to support that. There is zero data to support that the asymptomatic vaccinated carrier spreads it at a lesser rate. Sure there are theories and conjecture but there isn’t any concrete data. Even if it only spreads from one vaccinated person to another person the chance of mutation is still viable. Thus trying to lump all unvaccinated as the sole reason variants will occur is a pathetic guilt tactic that is jumping the gun on what is known at this time. Could unvaccinated people cause a variant? sure. It’s also not out of the realm of possibility the same could happen through a vaccinated host. To what extent or percent either of those situations could occur is unknown.

I have heard multiple times on here that vaccinated people are not getting tested. That is not true, My wife and I went on vacation with elderly grandparents just recently. My 14yo son, who is vaccinated, returned from camp the day before we left and brought home some kind of crud. He got sick at the beginning of the week. Bad cold symptoms, my wife got it middle of the week, I got it the end of the week. I felt horrible, ran a fever for a few days. Finally went in to see Dr the day we got back. They tested my wife and I for covid because we presented several covid symptoms. They knew we were vaccinated, but still tested us. Thankfully, we were both negative.
Nobody has said vaccinated people are not getting tested. It was said they are getting test at a much lower rate than the unvaccinated.

Simple question.

If you are vaccinated, WTF do you care if someone is not?

You are good right? Their decision impacts them and other unvaccinated folks right?

No doubt vaccinated have fewer severe illness and thus hospitalizations as does those with previous infection.This is a very good factor to think about for those at high risk either because of age or other factors. There is plenty of data to support that. There is zero data to support that the asymptomatic vaccinated carrier spreads it at a lesser rate. Sure there are theories and conjecture but there isn’t any concrete data. Even if it only spreads from one vaccinated person to another person the chance of mutation is still viable. Thus trying to lump all unvaccinated as the sole reason variants will occur is a pathetic guilt tactic that is jumping the gun on what is known at this time. Could unvaccinated people cause a variant? sure. It’s also not out of the realm of possibility the same could happen through a vaccinated host. To what extent or percent either of those situations could occur is unknown.
Again... the argument doesn't exist in absolutes. Each time a virus replicates there is a possibility of a copying error/ mutation. Shorter duration of infection and lower level of infection/ viral load equals less viral replication taking place. Vaccines are good.

Simple question.

You are good right? Their decision impacts them and other unvaccinated folks right?
Not really.

Due to the Delta variant and rising numbers, my wife and I will have to wear masks indoors when we vacation in California in a couple weeks (despite us both being fully vaccinated).

Masking is a minor inconvenience to me in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t rather stare at her beautiful face from across the dinner table.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Simple question.

Nope. Their idiotic decision also prolongs the pandemic, which causes our sports teams to have to be tested, which causes our teachers to have to wear masks, etc. etc.

Their decision impacts everyone. It's mind bottling that folks can't comprehend this fact.

Nope. Their idiotic decision also prolongs the pandemic, which causes our sports teams to have to be tested, which causes our teachers to have to wear masks, etc. etc.

Their decision impacts everyone. It's mind bottling that folks can't comprehend this fact.
Nope.

Pandemic is way over already. Look at the numbers.

Vaccinated sports players have no reason to be tested.

Vaccinated teachers have no reason to wear masks. (no one in school is required to wear a mask as it is)

Their decision impacts THEM. It's mind boggling that folks can't comprehend this fact.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Not really.

Due to the Delta variant and rising numbers, my wife and I will have to wear masks indoors when we vacation in California in a couple weeks (despite us both being fully vaccinated).

Masking is a minor inconvenience to me in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t rather stare at her beautiful face from across the dinner table.
That's CA virtue signaling problem. I'd suggest signaling back by taking your vacation dollars elsewhere.

Nope.

Pandemic is way over already. Look at the numbers.

Vaccinated sports players have no reason to be tested.

Vaccinated teachers have no reason to wear masks. (no one in school is required to wear a mask as it is)

Their decision impacts THEM. It's mind boggling that folks can't comprehend this fact.
You're simply wrong. Teachers have no choice over whether to wear masks. Football players and teams have no choice but to be subjected to testing rules. Whether you think there are reasons for these things or not is irrelevant.....they exist, and they are not going away until everyone gets vaccinated.

The pandemic is not over. Numbers are going back up due to a variant that could've been avoided if dipshit non vaxxers would've just gotten the shot like they should have.

Reactions: yoseftiger
Again... the argument doesn't exist in absolutes. Each time a virus replicates there is a possibility of a copying error/ mutation. Shorter duration of infection and lower level of infection/ viral load equals less viral replication taking place. Vaccines are good.
Again maybe stop with the absolutes that unvaccinated are the sole reason for variants. It’s simply not true. It’s a guilt tactic.

You're simply wrong. Teachers have no choice over whether to wear masks. Football players and teams have no choice but to be subjected to testing rules. Whether you think there are reasons for these things or not is irrelevant.....they exist, and they are not going away until everyone gets vaccinated.

The pandemic is not over. Numbers are going back up due to a variant that could've been avoided if dipshit non vaxxers would've just gotten the shot like they should have.
There you go again spouting off bs. There is no way to know that variants could have been avoided as vaccinated are transmitting the virus. This isn’t even debatable.

You are soooo wrong.

My wife is a teacher. She and her students have no requirement to be vaccinated or wear masks.

I don't believe testing protocols are been released, but there is ZERO reason to test healthily individuals ages 1 to 40. Testing non symptomatic, vaccinated persons is nothing more than virtue signally. It has all the effectiveness of wearing a condom while masturbating.

A whopping 230 cases in SC yesterday. That's 4 per county. Yup those numbers are up, from about 1.5 cases per day per county. Hate to break it to you. COVID has been around for a long time and isn't going away.

Again, you have I have the shots so we're okay right? What do you have to worry about. Only vaccinated Texas legislators get Covid after have the shots.

Worry about you.

Statewide daily new cases have jumped from a 7 day average of 861 on July 5th to 4,195 on July 20th. I'd say that it's more than a virtue signaling problem.
CA population is 39 million + That's about 1 in 9300 people. So 4195 have a virus that is akin to a cold. Yeah, its virtue signaling.

Reactions: 92TigerME
Again maybe stop with the absolutes that unvaccinated are the sole reason for variants. It’s simply not true. It’s a guilt tactic.
Where in any of my posts have I given any indication that unvaccinated are the sole reason? There is nothing in any of my posts that speak in absolutes... Note phrases such as "increased likelihood/ lower rates/ higher viral load"... these are not absolutes... pretty simple and clear to understand that.

Persistent low vaccine rates increase the likelihood that mutations to the virus that are resistant to current vaccines can take hold. The tools are there for us as a society to increase our protection from a virus that has killed over 600,000 of our fellow Americans.

If facing the above knowledge causes someone guilt... then so be it.

Last edited:

They have a choice and Dabo can stand up to these bullies and tell them. Back off or no season.

Cris,
All due respect, but discussing the society benefits of a vaccinated population is not political. Persistent low vaccine rates increase the likelihood that mutations to the virus that are resistant to current vaccines can take hold. The tools are there for us as a society to increase our protection from a virus that has killed over 600,000 of our fellow Americans.

We are a wealthy and scientifically advanced society that should take full advantage of the benefits that our scientists and doctors have given us. Unfortunately, there is a very vocal undercurrent of lies, misinformation and willful ignorance about the virus and the vaccine that go against the truth and our scientific understanding.

Propagating lies and misinformation isn't political... it's ignorant. Pointing out lies and misinformation isn't political... it's necessary.
I believe that was Cris's point.

And you know this how? We have no idea how many asymptomatic vaccinated people there are. They are the least likely to get tested and provide data to back up that claim. As we have seen with all these recent mandatory testing of sports athletes the numbers have been more than expected amongst those who were vaccinated.
Because there were clinical trials done showing this. Further testing showed that vaccines made it unlikely that you would spread the virus to others, which is why the CDC removed mask requirements for vaccinated people. I'm not sure why people are just ignoring that.

Also: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Last edited:
I studied calculus. Top that.
No way can I top that. Studying calculus?! whew baby. Thats black magic voodoo dreamed up by that devil Sir Isaac Newtboy. I assume you are just joking around right?

No way can I top that. Studying calculus?! whew baby. Thats black magic voodoo dreamed up by that devil Sir Isaac Newtboy. I assume you are just joking around right?
That's what I thought. What did you major in? Basket weaving?

I'm curious why you think you can trust your limited anecdotal evidence, but not the CDC's recommendations based on evaluation of tons of evidence.

I agree with you. I’d like to do something necessary and point out your lie.

600,000 Americans haven’t died from covid.

Everythjng else I can get behind.
What's your # and basis for that number? Tons of data out there tracking excess mortality and peaks in those plots show strong correlation between periods of peak covid infections. Pretty compelling math and statistical analysis to show that the US #'s are reasonably accurate (and perhaps undercounted) tally of people who died due to covid infections. Can get lost in the weeds arguing nuances of did a person die from covid or heart disease or diabetes... But from a large scale statistical view point... the US # looks fairly reasonable and something I'm comfortable going with. Other countries (such as India) are only now starting to realize how wrong their government data is. Once again do believe that the United States of America scientific and medical community is more right then wrong on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT