ADVERTISEMENT

FAT TAX IS SUPPORTED BY 86% OF T.I.

THIS IS AN INTERESTING TAKE. SO IF I DONT WANT TO WORK. YOU ARE OK WITH ME DRAWING WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS, AND UNLIMITED HEALTHCARE? BASED ON YOUR LOGIC, THIS IS MY RIGHT AS AN AMERICAN- TO BE LAZY BECAUSE THE ACTUAL TAX PAYERS WILL TAKE CARE OF ME.

GOOD TO KNOW.

SHewPmm.png

Reactions: idohvac2
THIS IS AN INTERESTING TAKE. SO IF I DONT WANT TO WORK. YOU ARE OK WITH ME DRAWING WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS, AND UNLIMITED HEALTHCARE? BASED ON YOUR LOGIC, THIS IS MY RIGHT AS AN AMERICAN- TO BE LAZY BECAUSE THE ACTUAL TAX PAYERS WILL TAKE CARE OF ME.

GOOD TO KNOW.
The way our system works right now, you're right. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

There's a law against a lot of things. There's not a law against being fat. You think adding another law or regulation from Government is going to change something. More Government isn't the Answer, IMO. But look. That's just my opinion. I know it's different from yours.

you all arent taking @TAINT_PAINT seriously, but he is spot on.

We are paying for the fats already. They are driving your insurance rates up. Diseases related to obesity are taking up hospital space.

I dont think i'd be ok with that particular idea, but restaurants should have to put nutritional information on their menus (and not in some dumb pamphlet that you have to ask for, it should be ON THE MENU). That McDonalds breakfast you want to eat? Yea, its your entire recommended daily intake of salt, calories, fat, and sugar. That should be made clear so that we can all make intelligent decisions.
I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that having a fried bacon, egg and cheese biscuit along with 2 orders of fried hash browns every morning is not good for you. Ignorance is not the issue, lazy pathetic individuals just give 0 shits.

you all arent taking @TAINT_PAINT seriously, but he is spot on.

We are paying for the fats already. They are driving your insurance rates up. Diseases related to obesity are taking up hospital space.

I dont think i'd be ok with that particular idea, but restaurants should have to put nutritional information on their menus (and not in some dumb pamphlet that you have to ask for, it should be ON THE MENU). That McDonalds breakfast you want to eat? Yea, its your entire recommended daily intake of salt, calories, fat, and sugar. That should be made clear so that we can all make intelligent decisions.

Absolutely he is correct. I have a friend who is a doc and does a lot of medicaid work and he says it is unfathomable how unhealthy folks are (and bc of their diet) who are on medicaid. Those high calorie processed foods are impacting our tax dollars with more high blood pressure medication, type 2 diabetes costs (he says that one alone is astronomical) and heart disease. I totally get and prefer individual liberty until i have to pay for someone else to be unhealthy.

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that having a fried bacon, egg and cheese biscuit along with 2 orders of fried hash browns every morning is not good for you. Ignorance is not the issue, lazy pathetic individuals just give 0 shits.

My guess is that they know its bad for them, but not exactly how bad. and there is all sorts of science out there that tells us that when this information is made readily available, people make better choices.

Absolutely he is correct. I have a friend who is a doc and does a lot of medicaid work and he says it is unfathomable how unhealthy folks are (and bc of their diet) who are on medicaid. Those high calorie processed foods are impacting our tax dollars with more high blood pressure medication, type 2 diabetes costs (he says that one alone is astronomical) and heart disease. I totally get and prefer individual liberty until i have to pay for someone else to be unhealthy.

Type2 is increasingly being understood as a genetic disease exacerbated by environmental factors, fwiw.

Reactions: Tiger Guru

Totally disagree that fat people for the most part, don't care. Never been fat a day in my life but there are other issues I battle and changes can be very hard to make even if you know better. I think a lot of overweight people get discouraged trying to lose weight. Takes a while to see any significant changes in a persons body who is overweight. I know I have been around people who have said they have lost a substantial amount of weight and I couldn't even tell. I think most overweight people definitely would love to take the weight off. Just such a daily struggle/ battle for them that they give up and continue to find comfort in food. We all have our demons.

That's my point. You just said it better.

Like every other law/regulation we have. Some people just don't give a shit about them.

Reactions: Steven15
In the last year year my international travel has increased exponentially. I just returned from the UK (England and Wales) on Sunday and I was there for 9 days.

I really think folks, specifically Americans, need to travel and experience other cultures around the Globe. We have a lot right in this country, but also have ALOT ...ALOT wrong.

COULD HELP US WITH SOME OF OUR FATS AS WELL. OR DOES THIS TRAMPLE ON YOUR FREEDOM AND LIBERTY?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...se-weight-public-health-england-a8158301.html
You can’t fix lazy and stupid so the govt needs to step in and stop them from being fat too. Unfortunately our healthcare has gotten too good and now they can’t kill themselves on mc Donald’s and cigarettes.

So basically they have gone from lazy and stupid to fat lazy stupid and expensive.

Most Western Europeans walk more than they drive, which helps a lot. My time Bamberg that was all most folks did was walk to jobs, stores, restaurants. Our country really has an exercise problem, we will drive a block instead of walk the same amount.

Also, fast food is cheaper than healthy food.

And don' forget circling the parking lot waiting on a space to open up close to entrance. In the time people wasted circling the lot I could've parked and walked in already. Just laziness.

Totally disagree that fat people for the most part, don't care. Never been fat a day in my life but there are other issues I battle and changes can be very hard to make even if you know better. I think a lot of overweight people get discouraged trying to lose weight. Takes a while to see any significant changes in a persons body who is overweight. I know I have been around people who have said they have lost a substantial amount of weight and I couldn't even tell. I think most overweight people definitely would love to take the weight off. Just such a daily struggle/ battle for them that they give up and continue to find comfort in food. We all have our demons.

WOW. SO YOUR HEART BLEEDS FOR OBESE PEOPLE BUT NOT SINGLE WOMEN ON WELFARE. SEE, THATS THE PROBLEM. BOTH COST US LOTS OF MONEY BUT YOU ONLY WANT TO BITCH ABOUT THE ONE YOUVE BEEN TAUGHT TO HATE.

SAME FOR DEFENSE SPENDING. “YEP GIVE EM ANOTHER 10 BILLION! I DONT CARE IF ITS WASTED MONEY, BC IM TOLD TO LOVE DEFENSE SPENDING NO MATTER WHAT”

Cancers Associated with Overweight and Obesity Make up 40 percent of Cancers Diagnosed in the United States.

Cancer is really expensive to treat, not to mention other numerous conditions brought on by obesity. Obese adults >30% bmi spend 42% more on healthcare than healthy people, and 81% more for those > 40 % BMI. We should give a grace period for everyone to get your BMI < 30%. After the grace period if you are over 30% BMI you do not qualify for healthcare or any govt assisted program. Everyone can qualify and rates plummet. Of course there would be a few conditions that would exempt, but this would cut healthcare cost dramatically.

WOW. SO YOUR HEART BLEEDS FOR OBESE PEOPLE BUT NOT SINGLE WOMEN ON WELFARE. SEE, THATS THE PROBLEM. BOTH COST US LOTS OF MONEY BUT YOU ONLY WANT TO BITCH ABOUT THE ONE YOUVE BEEN TAUGHT TO HATE.

SAME FOR DEFENSE SPENDING. “YEP GIVE EM ANOTHER 10 BILLION! I DONT CARE IF ITS WASTED MONEY, BC IM TOLD TO LOVE DEFENSE SPENDING NO MATTER WHAT”

To be fair, a shit ton of obese people are on welfare.

Absolutely untrue. My heart does not bleed for the obese no more than for the welfare recipient.
As I said in my initial post.... we are all accountable for our own health and the foods we choose to eat.
I do not feel sorry for them. It's on them. They control it. No one else. I merely offered some insight and suggested that most fat people likely hate themselves and their body but struggle to stay committed to lose the weight. But it is their problem, not mine. Nor the governments.

Last edited:
Cancers Associated with Overweight and Obesity Make up 40 percent of Cancers Diagnosed in the United States.

Cancer is really expensive to treat, not to mention other numerous conditions brought on by obesity. Obese adults >30% bmi spend 42% more on healthcare than healthy people, and 81% more for those > 40 % BMI. We should give a grace period for everyone to get your BMI < 30%. After the grace period if you are over 30% BMI you do not qualify for healthcare or any govt assisted program. Everyone can qualify and rates plummet. Of course there would be a few conditions that would exempt, but this would cut healthcare cost dramatically.

Agree 100%

Reactions: murdaugh
DAMN RIGHT. IF WE ARE KICKING DREAMERS OUT AND NOT FUNDING CHIP (HEALTH INSURANCE FOR KIDS), THEN WE ARE AT THE POINT IF DENYING GOVT HEALTH CARE FOR FATS THAT WONT IMPROVE

I was always amazed in my time in Germany & Denmark at how much people rode their bikes and walked. My cousin lives in a suburb outside of Copenhagen but works in the city. He rides his bike back and forth to work every day even though he has a car. It’s just part of their lifestyles.

The problem is the way our cities are designed. As with everywhere, Americans are a product of their environment. And our cities/communities force us to be lazy as shit and drive everywhere. They are rarely built in a manner that makes for a pleasant experience to walk or ride a bike.

Our city planners know this and work is being done to improve it, but it takes decades and a huge mental shift. What you see now are a bunch of ignorant people getting angry because they don’t want to share”their” roads with bikes. Horses and bikes owned those roads before your car came along, buddy.

I've proposed some of these before:
  • Allow health insurers to rate people based on controllable health factors (ie obesity, smoking, etc.). Uncontrollable pre-existing conditions still excluded, but if a smoker is likely to be 3X more expensive and an obese person is likely to be 4X more expensive than a fit non-smoker, then that's the rate they should pay.
  • Charge people a Medicare surcharge tax if their controllable health factors predict a future burden on the Medicare program. They can earn this back if they reverse their trend. They are ineligible for Medicare if they don't participate in annual preventative health appointments. Over 65 pays surcharge as well if obese/smoke/etc.
  • Mandatory health improvement initiatives if you are obese/smoking/etc. and on Medicaid.
  • EDIT: Add limiting food stamps to healthy food. No fast food. No junk food. No candy.
  • Plenty of other opportunities to have those placing a burden on the system pay their fair share while financially discouraging unhealthy behavior.

Last edited:
I believe in personal accountability, but you sometimes have to help people help themselves. Western Europeans live healthier lifestyles than average Americans already, so maybe they are on to something.

More people die from health issues related to bad eating habits than marijuana, but somehow weed is still illegal in most states. Seems like our priorities are off.

The only deaths from marijuana is some dumbass driving. You won't OD on pot smoking. Fact.

Reactions: The Mixed Mamba
AS A SIDE NOTE, FATS SHOULD HAVE TO PURCHASE A 1ST CLASS OR TWO ECONOMY SEATS ON FLIGHTS.

Do you ever drive after smoking weed? Do you think marijuana users should be required to purchase more car insurance?

I was always amazed in my time in Germany & Denmark at how much people rode their bikes and walked. My cousin lives in a suburb outside of Copenhagen but works in the city. He rides his bike back and forth to work every day even though he has a car. It’s just part of their lifestyles.
Yep. Reason number 1,000 Europeans are generally happier and live longer than Americans
In the last year year my international travel has increased exponentially. I just returned from the UK (England and Wales) on Sunday and I was there for 9 days.

I really think folks, specifically Americans, need to travel and experience other cultures around the Globe. We have a lot right in this country, but also have ALOT ...ALOT wrong.
It’s incredible

Wrecked

Do you ever drive after smoking weed? Do you think marijuana users should be required to purchase more car insurance?

ohhhh amy no.

alcohol causes thousands of deaths per year related to impaired driving. if a person thinks that weed smokers should buy more insurance, the same must be said of people who drink.

Reactions: VeniceTiger
ohhhh amy no.

alcohol causes thousands of deaths per year related to impaired driving. if a person thinks that weed smokers should buy more insurance, the same must be said of people who drink.

No doubt. I simply used marijuana because many on this board are advocates for legalization.
I also think you have some who wouldn't drink and drive but would "smoke" and drive.
And both are dangerous because you are impaired getting behind a wheel after doing either.

I think where the DUI vs obesity argument falls apart is you can be arrested for being .08 which is not intoxicated by any stretch. It would be like putting someone in jail for being 5 pounds overweight. Neither make any sense.

The problem is the way our cities are designed. As with everywhere, Americans are a product of their environment. And our cities/communities force us to be lazy as shit and drive everywhere. They are rarely built in a manner that makes for a pleasant experience to walk or ride a bike.

Our city planners know this and work is being done to improve it, but it takes decades and a huge mental shift. What you see now are a bunch of ignorant people getting angry because they don’t want to share”their” roads with bikes. Horses and bikes owned those roads before your car came along, buddy.
You can’t out-exercise a diet of chicken nuggets, pizza, ice cream, and coke. Changing from French fries to a salad will do more than running 3 miles a day.

So true. Stop going to Vegas and Myrtle Beach for vacations. See other countries and learn about what we could improve, while also appreciating how lucky we are to be citizens of the US.

BUT IT IS. THESE FATS LIVE ON PROCESSED FOODS - THE MAIN INGREDIENTS SUBSIDIZED BY UNCLE SAM. EVEN IF THEY ARENT POORS, AS SOON AS THE FATS TURN 65, ALL THE TREATMENT TO KEEP THEM BREATHING IS PAID FOR BY US.

I REALLY DONT THINK PEOPLE REALIZE HOW MUCH WE THE TAXPAYERS CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE EXISTENCE OF FATS AND THE VERY HIGH COST OF CARING FOR FATS.
JUST TAKE A LOOK AT HOW MANY OBESE CHILDREN THERE ARE.
First step is to stop subsidizing corn and sugar. Saves us money and makes sugary products more expensive, and healthier food will look less expensive relative to the shit that 95% if the country is stuffing their faces with. Which leads to less disease, which means less healthcare $$$. It’s a win-win for everyone except the fast food/junk food industries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT