ADVERTISEMENT

First time an In-N-Out to close and it is because of crime

LUV DEM TIGERS

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2003
Irmo, SC
shopkathyskreations.com
This is becoming a major problem. In 75 years of history they have relocated stores but never closed one.

I know of a Walmart and a Walmart Neighborhood that closed in an area of town and it was because of crime also. Shoplifting was a HUGE problem and they finally figured out it wasn't worth staying open.

In-N-Out Closing

Reactions: TigerGrowls
This is becoming a major problem. In 75 years of history they have relocated stores but never closed one.

I know of a Walmart and a Walmart Neighborhood that closed in an area of town and it was because of crime also. Shoplifting was a HUGE problem and they finally figured out it wasn't worth staying open.

In-N-Out Closing
I was in Nicaragua recently and you go into any store from a gas station to Walmart and there is a guy standing at the door with a shotgun. He opens the door for you when you go in and you have to show him your receipt when you leave.

Last edited:
I was Nicaragua recently and you go into any store from a gas station to Walmart and there is a guy standing at the door with a shotgun. He opens the door for you when you go in and you have to show him your receipt when you leave.
You can't do that here. That would violate someone's right to shoplift without having to worry about injury.

Nicaragua must be cleaned up. When I was there in 1999 there were no stores for gringos and it was MRE only. There were a couple of hotels in Managua that were gated and set up for foreigners.

Hint .. Maybe it's time to vote in different people.
Why would they do that? They are voting in the people that GIVE them everything they want. Unfortunately they are going to run out of your money soon. Oh, I forgot, they would just tax you more so you can pay your FAIR share.

Don't know if any remember the Bi-Lo Grocery stores back when they open. They had a security guard up in the office overlooking the store with a shutgun.

Reactions: Clemson Goat
Nicaragua must be cleaned up. When I was there in 1999 there were no stores for gringos and it was MRE only. There were a couple of hotels in Managua that were gated and set up for foreigners.
Been twice in the last 5 years doing medical clinics. The level of poverty is something that the morons running around stealing and looting in the U.S. could never imagine, but there are stores and businesses. There was a Walmart near Managua, that looked like Walmarts in the states. But you don't see people stealing from the stores.

It's pretty self evident why these things are happening.

Violent crime up 25% in Oakland. Forget politics. They have a societal issue there.

Been twice in the last 5 years doing medical clinics. The level of poverty is something that the morons running around stealing and looting in the U.S. could never imagine, but there are stores and businesses. There was a Walmart near Managua, that looked like Walmarts in the states. But you don't see people stealing from the stores.
I was on a medical/infrastructure humanitarian mission with the Navy/Marines when I was there in ‘99. Managua was just our landing point and leaving point. But it was the worst I have ever seen and I’ve been places. Downtown had been destroyed by an earthquake a few years earlier and no rebuild.
To the contrary, far out in the boonies where we worked it seemed a lot nicer. Poor but safe and friendly.

Violent crime up 25% in Oakland. Forget politics. They have a societal issue there.

It's an all of the above issue. But the politics of the area are absolutely part of this. It's not good for anyone to have either side be completely dominant. Both have demonstrated as much. But when it comes to crime and low expectations, that lies in one part of the political sphere.

Last edited:
I was on a medical/infrastructure humanitarian mission with the Navy/Marines when I was there in ‘99. Managua was just our landing point and leaving point. But it was the worst I have ever seen and I’ve been places. Downtown had been destroyed by an earthquake a few years earlier and no rebuild.
To the contrary, far out in the boonies where we worked it seemed a lot nicer. Poor but safe and friendly.
It's a beautiful country. We spent our time in the communities around Managua. Just devasting poverty. But they do have infrastructure around Managua.

I have been to Africa as well. If someone has never been to places like that it is hard to imagine.

It's a beautiful country. We spent our time in the communities around Managua. Just devasting poverty. But they do have infrastructure around Managua.

I have been to Africa as well. If someone has never been to places like that it is hard to imagine.
I have been to Nicaragua twice, about 8-10 years ago. Help build some schools, and Churches. Helped feed the families that "work" the trash dumps just outside Managua. A lot of poverty there.

I have been to Nicaragua twice, about 8-10 years ago. Help build some schools, and Churches. Helped feed the families that "work" the trash dumps just outside Managua. A lot of poverty there.
Did you go with Chosen Children's Ministries?

Did you go with Chosen Children's Ministries?
Actually I had a guy that used to live across the street and he was a first round draft choice out of FSU as a pitcher. He and his father have a ministry that started out as some pro baseball players going to Cuba and spreading the word. They would sometimes play against the locals and that would bring everyone out. I have been to Cuba and Nicaragua with them. My son, as a senior in high school got to pitch against the Nicaraguan team in the Dennis Martinez National Stadium. Actually pitched three almost perfect innings against them (each pitcher was doing 3 innings). The ministry is called Honoring the Father Ministries. They do a Honduras now even helping establish a coffee farm that helps raise money for the ministry.

https://www.facebook.com/HonoringtheFatherMinistries

Not surprising it is in the Bay Area. Whole Foods recently closed a store that was only open for about a year in downtown San Fran. That used to be one of my favorite parts of the country to visit.

Reactions: scartiger
Its a "nicer" place than then, lots of gringos from Costa Rica head there for weekends. We did the 90 day turn around in Nicaragua which was funny, $12 to leave CR then walk through the terminal and take a left then 20 yds into the entrance to pay $4 to re-enter CR. Lol

Is this the thread where everyone talks about how there's no lower form of human scum than a thief, even though I could name several dozen forms much, much worse?

These are always good for a laugh.

can you imagine if someone wrote a story everytime a business in a rural, heavily republican district, had to relocate because there was no customer base, or closed because nobody lived there?

Yes, the societal issue is widespread poverty, created and facilitated by the politicians. And it's been happening here since the beginning.
Well a lot of politicians and people in general are more focused on helping themselves than enhancing the greater good.

can you imagine if someone wrote a story everytime a business in a rural, heavily republican district, had to relocate because there was no customer base, or closed because nobody lived there?
What in the hell are you even talking about? Take a break for a minute my friend. Have a drink of water, go for a walk, breathe in some fresh air.

Don't know if any remember the Bi-Lo Grocery stores back when they open. They had a security guard up in the office overlooking the store with a shutgun.
They still have an armed guard at the Shitty Kitty (food lion) in park cirlce

Reactions: scartiger
Well a lot of politicians and people in general are more focused on helping themselves than enhancing the greater good.
Nailed it. I love watching people from the left and right argue, both sides oblivious to the fact that their parties are the 2 that have had control in this country and they’re the ones ****ing it up. But then again most Americans don’t care if they get screwed as long as it’s their guys screwing em.

Why would they do that? They are voting in the people that GIVE them everything they want. Unfortunately they are going to run out of your money soon. Oh, I forgot, they would just tax you more so you can pay your FAIR share.
I always laugh when democrats holler about businesses not paying their fair share of taxes. Either they are stupid or they think you and I are.

Its a "nicer" place than then, lots of gringos from Costa Rica head there for weekends. We did the 90 day turn around in Nicaragua which was funny, $12 to leave CR then walk through the terminal and take a left then 20 yds into the entrance to pay $4 to re-enter CR. Lol
One thing I remember was as we got close to the Caribbean coast there were English speaking Nicaraguans of African descent. Got to give the interpreters the day off.

Reactions: Cabotiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT