ADVERTISEMENT

Violent crime is down and dropping fast

@BionicTiger and @scotchtiger are both people who grew up in a middle class home with no real issues that don’t understand how societal circumstances can place you on a path in life. They think they are uniquely special and that because they “worked hard” and “pulled themselves up by the bootstraps” that everyone should do the exact same.

It’s arrogance and ignorance put together that blinds them. They feel that any “excuse” given to someone for failures or missteps is the cause for all failing in an entire RACE of people.

Or they just think that black people are inherently born unable to meet the excellence of white people unless they are an outlier.

Either way, they’ll never willingly admit to the reality that our country has put people of color behind the eight ball once they are born.

@BionicTiger and @scotchtiger are both people who grew up in a middle class home with no real issues that don’t understand how societal circumstances can place you on a path in life. They think they are uniquely special and that because they “worked hard” and “pulled themselves up by the bootstraps” that everyone should do the exact same.

It’s arrogance and ignorance put together that blinds them. They feel that any “excuse” given to someone for failures or missteps is the cause for all failing in an entire RACE of people.

Or they just think that black people are inherently born unable to meet the excellence of white people unless they are an outlier.

Either way, they’ll never willingly admit to the reality that our country has put people of color behind the eight ball once they are born.
Born on third base and assume they hit a triple.

Reactions: TheValley91

Christ chief. Aside from the fact you know nothing about my life - This is what you were doing at 1:40AM on a Saturday morning? You good man?

They are the type to espouse the values of hard work and probably had a 2.5 gpa in some bullshit major because they didn’t want to get up for an 8am class and didn’t want to take any classes on Fridays.

Rather than admit the system has grossly been weighted in their favor, they will just spew racist tropes like “it’s a cultural problem”.

Reactions: TheValley91
They are the type to espouse the values of hard work and probably had a 2.5 gpa in some bullshit major because they didn’t want to get up for an 8am class and didn’t want to take any classes on Fridays.

Rather than admit the system has grossly been weighted in their favor, they will just spew racist tropes like “it’s a cultural problem”.
I have no issue admitting that I was pretty good but nothing special in school. Pretty good at what I do, work hard but also have had a lot of breaks go my way that I’m very fortunate to have.

Breaks that a lot of people will never have and that doesn’t make them any less capable or deserving than me.

Really not a hard realization to grasp.

Wtf does my upbringing have to due with exponential differences in violent crime, murder, etc? We’re not talking excellence here. We’re talking stark differences in the worst crimes in our society. That’s the topic of the thread.

Anyone referencing GPA is either still early career or has never had a big boy job.

I have no issue admitting that I was pretty good but nothing special in school. Pretty good at what I do, work hard but also have had a lot of breaks go my way that I’m very fortunate to have.

Breaks that a lot of people will never have and that doesn’t make them any less capable or deserving than me.

I remember friends laughing at me because I went to the lab on Thursday nights to get work done. And wondering why I was taking 8am classes. And some who called me cheap when they didn’t realize that I was worki by 30 hours a week to pay for my education.

Then when we graduated, I worked a job that had me in the office by 630am every day and typically worked weekends. And instead of buying a fancy car or house, I decided to go to grad school. Sacrificed more years. Had my fare share of failures but none were because of a lack of effort. But now it’s funny because those same people want me to help their careers.

And even though I worked harder and made more sacrifices than those folks, I still get out worked by the immigrants I am surrounded by. They appreciate the opportunities so much more than Americans.

This past week I spent time with 3 founders who have built billion dollar companies. All from other countries but came to America because the opportunities are so much more in abundance. Most Americans today are entitled and lazy. And they want to blame the government when they should be blaming themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: BionicTiger

I have certainly benefited from some breaks. I also happen to be really good at what I do, but it took some breaks to get me into those positions.

That said, even without any fortunate breaks, I seriously doubt I would be a violent criminal, keeping to the topic of the thread.

Wtf does my upbringing have to due with exponential differences in violent crime, murder, etc? We’re not talking excellence here. We’re talking stark differences in the worst crimes in our society. That’s the topic of the thread.
If you can’t understand, then maybe this topic is a little too complex for you to grasp.

I remember friends laughing at me because I went to the lab on Thursday nights to get work done. And wondering why I was taking 8am classes. And some who called me cheap when they didn’t realize that I was worki by 30 hours a week to pay for my education.

Then when we graduated, I worked a job that had me in the office by 630am every day and typically worked weekends. And instead of buying a fancy car or house, I decided to go to grad school. Sacrificed more years. Had my fare share of failures but none were because of a lack of effort. But now it’s funny because those same people want me to help their careers.

And even though I worked harder and made more sacrifices than those folks, I still get out worked by the immigrants I am surrounded by. They appreciate the opportunities so much more than Americans.

This past week I spent time with 3 founders who have built billion dollar companies. All from other countries but came to America because the opportunities are so much more in abundance. Most Americans today are entitled and lazy. And they want to blame the government when they should be blaming themselves.

This post is totally out of character for you

Makes me think you are faking to troll as a hobby

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT