ADVERTISEMENT

FPOTUS Trump attempted assassination…

@24TIGER I asked in other thread but I'll ask here...

Do attempts like this occur more often than the public is aware of?
I’m not sure how much of this question he can answer but I think it is a really great and interesting one. I would assume there are a lot of attempts that are foiled well before the person even comes close to reaching a building or being a legit threat but I’m definitely curious how often it has happened and how close some people have really gotten

I was just talking to my wife about the sniper delay. I am unaware of any communication he may or may not have received.
Photographers and deer hunters may understand that when looking through a long telescopic lens the field of view is very narrow, maybe only a foot or two wide. Very often you have to ‘hunt around’ for your subject with your lens and perhaps with your naked eye. This appears to be what the sniper behind Trump does.
There needed to be a somebody with binoculars up there to properly scan wide swaths of rooftops and not long lens scopes looking a few feet at a time trying to cover the two rooftops near the shooter.

They were using binoculars before spotting the kid:

I think that is a fair statement honestly and a question that I believe is warranted since another SS issue stated the funding was an issue. Does Billy believe the funding to successfully do their job as a SS agent is satisfactory?
That’s a better way of wording it than I did

Reactions: nmerritt11
Main question I have is I think it is obvious SS snipers knew the gunman was there prior to shots fired. There are enough ground reports from multiple spectators that indicated they alerted law enforcement someone was crawling on the roof with a gun. Looking at one of the camera angles from inside the rally just before shots were fired it is obvious the SS snipers were zeroed in on the shooter and looking through their scopes. At what point do the Snipers go on the offensive and fire first? Would love to know protocol on this
This and simply get Trump off stage and out of line of fire IMMEDIATELY. But instead there is a guy in plane sight for minutes with a gun 130 yards from him and we let Trump stay exposed and continue speaking until he is shot. Imagine the look if this was 2mm different. There are hunters making 1000 yard shots. I would hope we are protecting our politicians from a distance MUCH greater than 130 yards. That’s child play of a shot. With drones flying for surveillance, how you let this happen is unfathomable.

@24TIGER I both respect and admire you. I am grateful for your service to our country. I am confident this is an earnest attempt on your part to engage this board but I would encourage you not to proceed. My sense is it will not be worth your time. God Bless you and the United States of America.

Twitter (X) is proving how truly awful a place it is over the past 12 hours. This guy has a blue check mark so it must be true right?

99.9% of what you read is blubbering conjecture in that echo chamber. People want to point at media for being a problem…..what has been on social media surrounding this is on whole different level.

Obviously, someone is scared of the truth and transparency that @24TIGER may be able to provide

Reactions: erasmuss
I think that is a fair statement honestly and a question that I believe is warranted since another SS issue stated the funding was an issue. Does Billy believe the funding to successfully do their job as a SS agent is satisfactory?
As long as we are sending 100’s of billions to Ukraine I don’t want to hear about funding from any government agency ever. That’s just a lie. Full stop.

Thank you for your service and I respect you and law enforcement in the highest regard.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this video. I am not a conspiracy theorist type of guy but this is absolutely terrifying to see. It simply comes off as total incompetence if spectators are telling police and Secret Service for minutes that there is a guy on the roof with a gun.

https://www.bbc.com/news/videos/c51...te=1&user_id=8a9b251987c2b10f443d45e038b8e128
Read @OrangeBallz10 post. It answers most of your questions about chain and SS/LEO communication

@24TIGER Most of this thread has covered the questions I have, just wanted to step in and say thank you for your service.

Having been to multiple rallys, I'm a little shocked by the lack of coverage on those roofs that seems like something thats always been a very noticable thing when I've been to these type events... Usually pretty easy to notice 3-4 guys on EVERY visible roof. Is it true the Trumps coverage by SS is a reduced level of coverage, and if so what is the difference between what the SS would normally do here vs the current level of security detail? Is this something the SS is normally responsible for or is that detail contracted out?

Hindsight is always 20-20 but do you believe this was avoidable?

I was just talking to my wife about the sniper delay. I am unaware of any communication he may or may not have received.
Photographers and deer hunters may understand that when looking through a long telescopic lens the field of view is very narrow, maybe only a foot or two wide. Very often you have to ‘hunt around’ for your subject with your lens and perhaps with your naked eye. This appears to be what the sniper behind Trump does.
There needed to be a somebody with binoculars up there to properly scan wide swaths of rooftops and not long lens scopes looking a few feet at a time trying to cover the two rooftops near the shooter.
Simply put- those snipers were looking well beyond the rooftop that the shooter was on. Local LEO should have secured that position.

Agreed pretty much every successful dynasty or empire has come crashing down for that reason
You got to operate an empire like an onion.
Expand out each layer over time and have a legit core “rebirth”/cleansing/focus. You got to return to your core principles.

The Constitution. That is the only rallying cry that matters. (My media rant is clear but the DNC/RNC blanket protection around the Constitution is the real problem. The circuitous control coupled with corporate money have to stop. )

Those snipers absolutely knew that gunman was there prior to shots being fired. They both aren't looking down scopes like that if not. Someone made an unfortunate call not to fire first and as a result 3 bystanders were shot. No point in trying to blame but you have to learn from mistakes to not let something like this happen again.
The kid that shot didn’t just pull the trigger all of a sudden either. To aim a rifle from 150yards and hit the target’s ear took him some time to be really still and aim.

Enough time for the secret service to say…this dude has a gun aimed at the potus head.

Instead, the mf fired off 6 shots.

It all seems somewhat simple. There weren't enough support for the rally, Turmp and his team have requested more detail but the head of the SS denied their request. That women should have been fired within minutes of last nights events.

With limited manpower I assume the perimeter could only be set at so far so they wouldn't be stretched to far and made weak from the inside. All that being said a rooftop that close with a clear line of sight getting overlooked is unheard of and there should be a lot of people getting fired today.

That’s really a great breakdown and explains some things. She comes off very intelligent. This maybe too political if so please delete because that’s the last thing I want to be. But it really chaps my ass when she says funding and cost are an issue when we are spending billions and billions to other countries. I understand costs have to be cut somewhere but cutting them from the secret service and the people put in charge of protecting our political leaders is bullshit. They should have the funds they need to perform the job
Funding comments is a surprise based on how much we spend on military funding. I would think SS falls under that basket but maybe the money is allocated from somewhere else

Reactions: kingkyle1008
This is why you have another person with "glasses" surveying the surrounding areas. That person gives directions to the sniper to speed up the process.

Reactions: MojitoJoe
The kid that shot didn’t just pull the trigger all of a sudden either. To aim a rifle from 150yards and hit the target’s ear took him some time to be really still and aim.

Enough time for the secret service to say…this dude has a gun aimed at the potus head.

Instead, the mf fired off 6 shots.
This is something that alot of people are overlooking. For this just random civilian to be able to sneak up on a roof, get in position, and be calm enough to take a head shot ( 6 shots) at another human being. Nah, most people get nervous shooting at a deer or some other animal let alone another person, this guy had enough time to calm himself

Last edited:
Main question I have is I think it is obvious SS snipers knew the gunman was there prior to shots fired. There are enough ground reports from multiple spectators that indicated they alerted law enforcement someone was crawling on the roof with a gun. Looking at one of the camera angles from inside the rally just before shots were fired it is obvious the SS snipers were zeroed in on the shooter and looking through their scopes. At what point do the Snipers go on the offensive and fire first? Would love to know protocol on this
THIS ^^

Also, why would police or SS not react to people in the crowd pointing out the gunman and alerting the others video radio? If two snipers are set up, why could they not spot a guy dressed in dark clothing on a white roof with a gun? I would think this is a shooting situation for the SS (not just to react by returning fire). As far as protocols- police don’t wait for someone to fire if a gun is pointed at them.

Does the President get to choose his SS team?

Didn’t the Democrats just vote not to increase Trumps security?

Some really good questions in this thread. I am sure @24TIGER will answer when he is able. Having inside knowledge of the inner working od the Secret Service is a really great addition to this board. So much we do not know and probably a ton we would rather not know.

I know y’all have a lot of questions (I’ve received more than my fair share).

I have as many questions as I have answers, so it’s been a struggle.

I’ll try to answer as many as I can, as soon as possible.

Sorry for any delay. Going to be a process.

Just thinking that it would be more efficient in one thread.
IMG-0592.png
Are security protocols any different for a POTUS vs a Presidential candidate or former POTUS?

As I heard a former SS guy say on tv this morning, things like this happen ( not to this extent) but things happen and he mentioned he the SS will make changes but that they can be far to reactive instead of proactive.
They must make changes. Anyone wanting to kill Trump has now been given the roadmap if the same SS agents were to face such a situation again. Easy head shots were available front on for numerous seconds AFTER the first attempt.

That’s really a great breakdown and explains some things. She comes off very intelligent. This maybe too political if so please delete because that’s the last thing I want to be. But it really chaps my ass when she says funding and cost are an issue when we are spending billions and billions to other countries. I understand costs have to be cut somewhere but cutting them from the secret service and the people put in charge of protecting our political leaders is bullshit. They should have the funds they need to perform the job
$2k in drones is all that was needed and an 18 yo to operate them. Funding is absolutely not the issue here.

I know y’all have a lot of questions (I’ve received more than my fair share).

I have as many questions as I have answers, so it’s been a struggle.

I’ll try to answer as many as I can, as soon as possible.

Sorry for any delay. Going to be a process.

Just thinking that it would be more efficient in one thread.
IMG-0592.png
I know it's very hard for you to criticize your own, and I haven't read the whole thread yet, but not being able to holster your own gun is not a good look. Seems like maybe the moment was too big for this young woman and she panicked in no doubt the scariest moment of her life. Many other USSS agents acted bravely and without hesitation, but this one young lady doesn't need to be on any more protection details IMO.

@24TIGER what is the protocol for surveying and identifying potential hazards prior to a rally/event? I assume the SS go in and map out potential issues and set forth preventive measures for those issues. Would this elevated rooftop be one of the areas for potential issues? Should the building been secured prior to the start of the event?

Funding comments is a surprise based on how much we spend on military funding. I would think SS falls under that basket but maybe the money is allocated from somewhere else

Secret Service is under the Department of Homeland Security
Military funding is controlled by the Department of Defense

Both bureaucracies and that’s all that needs to be said.

Simply put- those snipers were looking well beyond the rooftop that the shooter was on. Local LEO should have secured that position.

Why would they rely on way less skilled and trained local LEO?

Secret Service is under the Department of Homeland Security
Military funding is controlled by the Department of Defense

Both bureaucracies and that’s all that needs to be said.
Gotcha thanks for that. Seeing as how we've historically had an open check book for all things military, I'm surprised there'd be any funding restrictions for homeland security. Often I feel like when I hear funding being brought it's a cop-out but I certainly don't know here.

Great details here (have to open to scroll through thread). Explains how the breakdown may have occurred.

1. The Secret Service employ a multi-tiered defense in depth approach to protective missions. An inner tier offer close protection support, these being the agents you see rushing in and surrounding Trump after the initial shots go off.

A second middle tier is tasked with identifying and defending against mid-range threats, i.g. the crowd, etc. This tier is largely comprised of local and state law enforcement temporarily attached to the security detail. This is the area that I worked on prior details.

Finally, you have an extend tier, which covers long distance threats. This can include counter sniper details and cyber/SIGINT support and CBRN defense.

2. People have wondered how could the counter snipers in the videos not have seen the would be assassin prior to him getting off a shot.
This is because the area of responsibility for those counter snipers on the roof behind Trump was very likely in the extend tier

Essentially they were scanning for threats a great distances well beyond the roughly 150 meters the threat appeared.
This is evidenced by the fact that the elevated counter sniper has to dramatically drop his line of sight to respond to the shooter.

Secret Service advanced teams would have absolutely pre-scouted the location and identified the building the shooter used as a vulnerable spot in the defense.
Which begs the question, how was this guy still able to climb on the roof and get off a shot?

Based on limited details at this point, IMO, the security breakdown occurred in the middle tier, which would likely include law enforcement who were supposed to be assigned to the area near the outbuildings.

How that significant of a breakdown could occur is up for speculation. However, like I said this tier is largely dependent on local law enforcement and not the Secret Service. So speculatively, the local LEOs who were supposed to be in the area and make sure no one with a gun climbed up on the roof, f*cked up.

3. People have said that witnesses saw the guy with the gun on the roof, told police, but that they failed to respond and prevent the assassination attempt.
So how does that happen?

Well, there’s typically limited lines communication between the Secret Service and the local LEOs working the middle tier.
You usually have one or two local LEO liaisons who have direct communication with the Secret Service, which means communications on the ground

between the local LEOs being told about the shooter are being routed through dispatch, to local liaisons, then to Secret Service.

Compounding the difficulty to rapidly respond is the fact that there’s always some confusion and inefficiency when multiple different LEO

agencies come together to work a detail. Most of these agencies aren’t used to working with each other and aren’t given much information beyond a few pre-event briefings.

I actually saw what can go wrong in these scenarios first-hand when President Bush’s Secret Service detail almost engaged a local police SWAT/counter sniper team during the 2004 G8 summit. No one had properly communicated the local SWAT team’s position so all the

Secret Service saw was heavily armed individuals with a line of sight on the President.
The whole thing was seconds away from being a tragic incident.

In this same vein, there was likely some delay and confusion with the initial reports of a person with a gun on the roof

as local cops and Secret Service agents would all be trying to confirm the shooter didn’t belong to one of the security support teams.

So in summary, when looking for blame in this massive security failure, if I was a betting man, I’d say the answer rests with whatever detail (likely local LEOs) were assigned to the area near the outbuildings.

I’ll also add that I worked 5 Presidential details as a local LEO attachment. Even though I was in close proximity for each detail, in only 2 of them did I actually ever see the President or Vice President. That was Bush, while he was in the limo driving away. And Chaney

but that was because I was on an inner position, feet away from him.
You’re explicitly trained that your eyes are always on the crowd, surroundings and potential threats.
Never on the President themselves.
For obvious reasons…

Now my experience is entirely limited to official presidential visits, which are planned at least months and in some cases a year in advance.
It’s likely that some of the breakdowns or issues I mentioned can be exponentially increased when it comes to campaign trips as these stops can come up or change on very short notice.

This series of replies also helped answer a few of my questions.

Very plausible scenario here. My initial reaction was a communication breakdown. Snipers were trying to verify target was not local law enforcement before pulling trigger because that area was probably identified and secured. There was probably a flood of calls coming in from multiple sources right before attack.

Multiple agencies and large numbers can sometimes mean different communication channels, funneling information through a TOC, who then relays information.

Hell, it may have been a hot mike.

When a team includes multiple orgs. it increases complexity. As complexity increases likelihood of malfunction increases. It does not make it right. It is just a possible explanation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT