ADVERTISEMENT

FPOTUS Trump attempted assassination…

I've read on social media that the USSS is a reactionary force and they had to let the attacker act before engaging. That can't be true can it? The point being you don't want to shoot someone looking through a lens of some kind instead of a rifle scope.

I know y’all have a lot of questions (I’ve received more than my fair share).

I have as many questions as I have answers, so it’s been a struggle.

I’ll try to answer as many as I can, as soon as possible.

Sorry for any delay. Going to be a process.

Just thinking that it would be more efficient in one thread.
IMG-0592.png
Thanks for this Billy.

Reactions: douggainey
Because it’s not funding. It’s selective funding and enforcement.

When you can send a half trillion dollars to a country 95% of Americans couldn’t find on a map it’s not a funding issue.

1% of what was sent Defense contractors could pay for SS for a decade.
Hopefully, I do not come across as talking down to anyone. Just sharing throwing money at issue will not immediately fix issue.
This problem has been brewing for multiple presidencies. Even if they threw money at it tonight it would not solve all the issues.

Gov't bureaucracy is a slog. Raising manpower, allocating funding, increasing training, purchasing additional equipment there are lots of chokepoints. Even the military faces these issues. If the USSS is was authorized 1000 new agents, the training pipeline can only handle so many new agents at once. That is assuming they all pass. Not to mention nothing can equal experience. That is the advantage of contractors. They can be ramped up or turned off. Problem is Contractors prioritize paychecks not patriotism. Plus, their standards may be lower than govt's.
Some have said DJT never fully grasped the bureaucratic situation. Nor, did he ever fully grasp the strain he was putting on USSS. The multiple residences and large family put a strain on resources: manpower, budget, and equipment. Unlike a CEO, the President cannot just throw money at the problem. No 1 reason, the President does not control the purse strings. Congress does.

The other issue is how to pay for it. No one wants to raise taxes but everyone wants security, defense, roads, bridges, electricity, social security and health care. The private sector will not fix these issues. They are profit based orgs.

I randomly opened the tmb and saw posters claiming assignation attempt on Trump minutes after it happened. All the videos were from X and Fox News. So I instantly googled it and saw that the other major news channel’s headlines said nothing of a shooting, but loud popping noises and or Trump being removed from stage. Sometimes people posting on social media at the moment are correct prior to major news organizations.
What do the headlines say now?

Billy just a couple of insights from what I have seen and witnessed in videos and interviews. The one person who said he and his friends saw the shooter on the rooftop, said that they were waving at police and pointing to rooftop. Said from the angle the police or SS sharpshooters were, couldn’t see the shooter, as he was on the other side of a pitched roof. This was by a BBC reporter talking to the man.
Is it only SS who are assigned to rooftops, or are local and state police there as well? FBI?
I saw earlier this morning that the SS covered Trump, and didn’t move him until confirmed shooter was down. This seemed very prudent on their part.
Saw where beside former President Trump, 1 man was killed, and 2 other men were in critical condition. Also that the nephew of Congressman Ronny Jackson of Texas (who was a former White House physician), was also wounded, with a bullet grazing and wounding his neck, lot of blood, but is ok.
Still can’t believe that the White House has denied SS protection to Robert F Kennedy, Jr.
Billy I want to thank all of the Secret Service personnel, as well as other law enforcement that put there selves on the line everyday.
Let them handle this investigation and stop with all the conspiracy junk. There is NO place in our nation for what happened yesterday, on ANY person, no matter what party.

Most of the things I have seen online. Mainly videos from cell phones at the event, tell a different story. What is mostly inaccurate is what you are watching on your TV!
Here’s the thing though….im not watching tv. Feels like this proves my point about people quick to jump to conclusions using unverified facts.

Just in this situation, people in this thread are pointing fingers and fault to those who were actually there serving their country without allowing the benefit of time and verified sources. And obviously no benefit of the doubt. Just as @24TIGER is doing, everyone should slow their rush to any judgement. Especially when sharing an obviously fabricated statement from one of those same men. Some, if not all, will be applauded as heroes when all is said and done. Many more could have died.

Have a great Sunday brother. I’m out…

Former FBI Assistant Director Chris Swecker issued a statement - “This was a security breakdown from start to finish….This breaks every rule of Secret Service’s protocol”.

He criticized their failure to promptly remove Trump from stage. He argues Trump was exposed to potential kill shot.

While the FBI and DOJ are corrupt, the Secret Service may bee too, but I think it is more inept. They totally botched the cocaine in the Whitehouse investigation by mishandling the evidence then supposedly losing it. But all I can say is good gracious what a perilous time we live in with crime, corruption, moral and political decay, and ineptness…Make America Great Again...

Reactions: amynhop
Very plausible scenario here. My initial reaction was a communication breakdown. Snipers were trying to verify target was not local law enforcement before pulling trigger because that area was probably identified and secured. There was probably a flood of calls coming in from multiple sources right before attack.

Multiple agencies and large numbers can sometimes mean different communication channels, funneling information through a TOC, who then relays information.

Hell, it may have been a hot mike.

When a team includes multiple orgs. it increases complexity. As complexity increases likelihood of malfunction increases. It does not make it right. It is just a possible explanation.

While I think this most definitely played some role in the delay. The concerning thing for me is the CAS should have instantly known that no other assets were on roofs. If someone was on a roof, they shouldn’t have been there.

That's my #1 question above all else.

Overwhelming evidence, from multiple sources, indicates that the protection detail (whether it was USSS or contracted officials from other agencies) knew the gunmen was there and didn't eliminate him until after he took the shot.

I simply can't wrap my head around how this went down the way it did.
MULTIPLE shots !! It’s inconceivable

This thread is not going as planned.

Please keep your political/and-or/other thoughts to yourself.

If you have a question about USSS procedures and protocols, I will do my best to answer.

Thanks to all.
Might be too late but let me see if I can help keep it on track.

As an outsider who admittedly knows very little about law enforcement/USSS procedures, it seems like there was a major lapse here in security. Unfortunately, this has already led to the pushing of various conspiracy theories, but I personally choose not to attribute malice/conspiracy where a simple lapse or mistake would make more sense.

Firstly, do you believe that us laymen are correct in that there was some failure here on the part of the USSS? Secondly, what do you think might have created this lapse, and do you give credibility to those who have said they reported a suspicious person to law enforcement and were ignored?

Next, what is the reaction to something like this? I don’t believe there’s been an assassination attempt this dramatic in my lifetime, but I’m sure there are various threats that the USSS are handling with regularity that the public is never aware of.

I’d assume there will be a very quick and thorough investigation into pretty much every single element of this, from misses in procedure to whether or not the shooter had any help, etc. I would also assume that security would be majorly beefed up across the board in anticipation of retaliatory or continued violence.

Do you think the USSS will recommend that both candidates stop holding large rallies for the near future? Will this have a long lasting impact on the campaigns going forward?

Lastly, there will almost certainly be a congressional investigation into this that will be highly, highly politicized and will probably act more as political theater than a legitimate investigation. What kind of training or prep work do USSS agents get in these situations where they’re likely to get hauled in front of congress and asked a bunch of questions by partisans trying to create a controversial sound bite?

Thanks for your willingness to have these conversations!

While I think this most definitely played some role in the delay. The concerning thing for me is the CAS should have instantly known that no other assets were on roofs. If someone was on a roof, they shouldn’t have been there.
Cannot disagree with you. I hesitate to second guess the Sniper team. I have not been in those guys boots. I do know the military is spending lots of money to increase training including mixed and virtual reality to prepare soldiers. But until one is put in that situation, how someone will act is only conjecture...

Might be too late but let me see if I can help keep it on track.

As an outsider who admittedly knows very little about law enforcement/USSS procedures, it seems like there was a major lapse here in security. Unfortunately, this has already led to the pushing of various conspiracy theories, but I personally choose not to attribute malice/conspiracy where a simple lapse or mistake would make more sense.

Firstly, do you believe that us laymen are correct in that there was some failure here on the part of the USSS? Secondly, what do you think might have created this lapse, and do you give credibility to those who have said they reported a suspicious person to law enforcement and were ignored?

Next, what is the reaction to something like this? I don’t believe there’s been an assassination attempt this dramatic in my lifetime, but I’m sure there are various threats that the USSS are handling with regularity that the public is never aware of.

I’d assume there will be a very quick and thorough investigation into pretty much every single element of this, from misses in procedure to whether or not the shooter had any help, etc. I would also assume that security would be majorly beefed up across the board in anticipation of retaliatory or continued violence.

Do you think the USSS will recommend that both candidates stop holding large rallies for the near future? Will this have a long lasting impact on the campaigns going forward?

Lastly, there will almost certainly be a congressional investigation into this that will be highly, highly politicized and will probably act more as political theater than a legitimate investigation. What kind of training or prep work do USSS agents get in these situations where they’re likely to get hauled in front of congress and asked a bunch of questions by partisans trying to create a controversial sound bite?

Thanks for your willingness to have these conversations!

good stuff...I just hung up with Billy a few minutes ago and he is going to tackle this thread when he can be in front of his desktop

He's the man for doing this. Way to circle it back with good questions my man

Did they realize what they were looking at?

Did they know he wasn’t part of the security detail? Remember he is laying down so his appearance may be hard to determine.
Tell me you are kidding! But Yoshi likes the idea. LMAO

Good info here. More quotes in the comments.

The key part of this chain. I agree with him. I don’t think it was a hesitation or waiting to fire until the guy fired. I THINK he was probably sweeping/scoping his coverage sector like he is supposed to then came off the scope to try to locate the target/see the bigger picture. I don’t know for sure, but I think he probably received comms that there was a threat and he thought he could locate faster by coming off the scope. He located the guy and then went back on scope to target and execute. The timing of how that played out coupled with the timing of the guy firing looks a little suspect, but I strongly doubt it was nefarious/intentional.

Last edited:
Simply put- those snipers were looking well beyond the rooftop that the shooter was on. Local LEO should have secured that position.

This is what I suspect surely was happening.

Social media can so easily twist fiction into perceived fact.

I’ve wondered if there was simply also a very brief pause as the counter sniper was trying to get word on if that was a good guy or bad guy. Or simply find the guy.

Yes, there were important breakdowns somewhere. But also marvel at the speed and efficiency at which so many of these folks work.

Did they realize what they were looking at?

Did they know he wasn’t part of the security detail? Remember he is laying down so his appearance may be hard to determine.
It’s their job ! Numerous civilians with cell phones saw him and knew what was happening. But our secret service agents just couldn’t figure out what that was on the roof ? That was Laurel and Hardy stuff.

I get the hesitation regarding pulling that trigger, but , my goodness get Trump off that stage .

@24TIGER I just watched a security expert say that allowing Trump to pop his head up onstage and stand there waving his fist was a total botch by the agents onstage with him, as he could have easily been hit with other shots if there had been multiple shooters in the area. Do you agree with that notion? This guy said it was a really bad look for the agents that they allowed Trump to expose his head/upper body for so long in that moment.

He also said the fact that they apparently waited for Trump to get his shoes back on (he says he need to get his shoes 3 times while in that huddle) was a ridiculous move. Not looking to Monday morning QB here, but the way he was handled onstage to the SUV seemed odd to me.

It’s their job ! Numerous civilians with cell phones saw him and knew what was happening. But our secret service agents just couldn’t figure out what that was on the roof ? That was Laurel and Hardy stuff.
Civilians saw him and thought they knew what was happening. They were correct in this instance. There is a reason in situations like these that cover guys are frequently in uniform or some kit to indicate LE affiliation (to avoid confusion), but it very easily could have (and probably should have) been plain clothes LE on that roof. Look at the 2 SS guys in the high cover positions on the roof. They were both plain clothes officers. The one that fired the kill shot had some visible kit (vest/plates) that indicated he was LE, but both were plain clothes outside of that. If you did have local LE in charge of security outside of perimeter, they may have thought it was SS initially. Not excusing it, as that is an operational planning/communication issue in and of itself. Simply saying that could have played a part in the issue.

Last edited:
Are there handheld bullet-proof shields that SS use to protect against any further shots reaching the ex-President’s upper body and head in situations like this?
Like the Pope Mobile that is a clear, bullet proof bubble?

@24TIGER I just watched a security expert say that allowing Trump to pop his head up onstage and stand there waving his fist was a total botch by the agents onstage with him, as he could have easily been hit with other shots if there had been multiple shooters in the area. Do you agree with that notion? This guy said it was a really bad look for the agents that they allowed Trump to expose his head/upper body for so long in that moment.

He also said the fact that they apparently waited for Trump to get his shoes back on (he says he need to get his shoes 3 times while in that huddle) was a ridiculous move. Not looking to Monday morning QB here, but the way he was handled onstage to the SUV seemed odd to me.
How about a little personal responsibility. Trump needs to do what he is being told in that situation.

Lots of questions here, but that protective crew wars fighting Trump too. He is asking for his shoes instead of leaving with them.

Like the Pope Mobile that is a clear, bullet proof bubble?
Most handheld ballistic shields are going to be metal or composite and possibly have a viewport. Ballistic glass is incredibly heavy. Wouldn’t make an ideal handheld shield. The shield is supposed to be their bodies and the ballistic protection they’re wearing.

Civilians saw him and thought they knew what was happening. They were correct in this instance. There is a reason in situations like these that cover guys are frequently in uniform or some kit to indicate LE affiliation (to avoid confusion), but it very easily could have (and probably should have) been plain clothes LE on that roof. Look at the 2 SS guys in the high cover positions on the roof. They were both plain clothes officers. The one that fired the kill shot had some visible kit (vest/plates) that indicated he was LE, but both were plain clothes outside of that. If you did have local LE in charge of security outside of perimeter, they may have thought it was SS initially. Not excusing it, as that is an operational planning/communication issue in and of itself. Simply saying that could have played a part in the issue.
Perhaps. But it’s unthinkable to me that one of the highest levels of law enforcement doesn’t know who’s where. A local sheriff’s department would have known that much.

My question is the same one I posed to you last night. I pointed out that what immediately struck me was that of the 4 SS agents that surrounded DJT , the female agent was physically much shorter and left his head unprotected. Your response that it had nothing to do with race or sex surprised me as race was not mentioned at all and sex only to describe the individual I was talking about and lack of her physical stature. I apologize if you interpreted that to mean anything else. Is physical size one of the things taken into consideration when assigning agents who may very well become body shields such as last night. Thank you again for your many years of service.

Last edited:
Perhaps. But it’s unthinkable to me that one of the highest levels of law enforcement doesn’t know who’s where. A local sheriff’s department would have known that much.
I obviously agree on that point. But, it didn’t happen and there was a failure somewhere which allowed the situation to devolve into what it was. I’m simply offering thoughts on what could have happened at that point. I’m not and have never been SS, so I’m far from an expert on their protocols. My experience is primarily in surveillance and CS, tracking, and OP with a little in security, so far less qualified than @24TIGER to speak on this instance but not completely unqualified.

Reactions: Whenry
Former FBI Assistant Director Chris Swecker issued a statement - “This was a security breakdown from start to finish….This breaks every rule of Secret Service’s protocol”.

He criticized their failure to promptly remove Trump from stage. He argues Trump was exposed to potential kill shot.
My first response.

FBI ? Laughing my f#cking ass off.

That’s rich.

They need to serve some more search warrants.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT