ADVERTISEMENT

FPOTUS Trump attempted assassination…

How about a little personal responsibility. Trump needs to do what he is being told in that situation.

Lots of questions here, but that protective crew wars fighting Trump too. He is asking for his shoes instead of leaving with them.
The main reason that is an issue is because the agent in front of Trump was so short. Otherwise, the only part of Trump that would have been exposed would have been Trump's raised fist. The fact that an agent that short is in that position is an epic failure, regardless of the policy goals attempted to be achieved to put such a short person in that position. That is what you get when you let objectives other than protection of the asset take precedence. Six or more men the size of Billy D would be the appropriate personnel. As everyone with sense well knows.

How about a little personal responsibility. Trump needs to do what he is being told in that situation.

Lots of questions here, but that protective crew wars fighting Trump too. He is asking for his shoes instead of leaving with them.
Oh, I have no doubt dealing with him in that kind of environment has to be a total nightmare.

The main reason that is an issue is because the agent in front of him was so short. Otherwise, the only part of Trump that would have been exposed would have been Trump's raised fist. The fact that an agent that short is in that position is an epic failure, regardless of the policy goals attempted to be achieved to put such a short person in that position.
I’m not arguing that. But the protected person is supposed to follow instructions and he wasn’t fully compliant. I’m not blaming him either. Crap happens in an incident like that. But the SS plans include the person they are protecting listening to them.

The other side that you are pointing out the detail needs to be able to force him to security. So you are not wrong.

MULTIPLE shots !! It’s inconceivable
Quite conceivable if nefarious intent is presumed.
The key part of this chain. I agree with him. I don’t think it was a hesitation or waiting to fire until the guy fired. I THINK he was probably sweeping/scoping his coverage sector like he is supposed to then came off the scope to try to locate the target/see the bigger picture. I don’t know for sure, but I think he probably received comms that there was a threat and he thought he could locate faster by coming off the scope. He located the guy and then went back on scope to target and execute. The timing of how that played out coupled with the timing of the guy firing looks a little suspect, but I strongly doubt it was nefarious/intentional.

The sniper is clearly looking well beyond the building the shooter was on given how much they had to drop their sight line to neutralize him. At least based on the video footage.

Those who are in charge of securing those nearby buildings are the ones who should be rightfully questioned as to their motives.

I’m not arguing that. But the protected person is supposed to follow instructions and he wasn’t fully compliant. I’m not blaming him either. Crap happens in an incident like that. But the SS plans include the person they are protecting listening to them.

The other side that you are pointing out the detail needs to be able to force him to security. Do you are not wrong.
Understood. But the asset had a bullet graze his head a few tens of seconds before. The major assets being protected are typically going to be alphas of alphas. Expecting them to be docile and compliant is not reality. Especially seconds after literally dodging a bullet. And having anyone that close around the asset who cannot largely pick up the asset and carry him to safety is another epic fail. What if Trump had actually needed to be carried.? We have lost our minds in this country when we cannot identify the primary objective and design our systems to accomplish them because we want to cater to all kinds of other, subservient objectives.

@24TIGER I just watched a security expert say that allowing Trump to pop his head up onstage and stand there waving his fist was a total botch by the agents onstage with him, as he could have easily been hit with other shots if there had been multiple shooters in the area. Do you agree with that notion? This guy said it was a really bad look for the agents that they allowed Trump to expose his head/upper body for so long in that moment.

He also said the fact that they apparently waited for Trump to get his shoes back on (he says he need to get his shoes 3 times while in that huddle) was a ridiculous move. Not looking to Monday morning QB here, but the way he was handled onstage to the SUV seemed odd to me.
It's a bad look to me as a taxpayer. Trump had blood on his face after what soundedlike gunfire, so a likely assassination attempt.

I have no idea what SS is trained to do, but seeing any part of Trump, particularly his head because he's a tall dude and even if the right instinct, an outstretched arm up from short people isn't protection de facto. I would not have let him stop but kept him low until the car was closer and then shoved him inside. That's what I'd do for my family.

The other side that you are pointing out the detail needs to be able to force him to security. So you are not wrong.
Trump should have been manhandled for his safety because there could have been other shooters.

Twitter (X) is proving how truly awful a place it is over the past 12 hours. This guy has a blue check mark so it must be true right?

99.9% of what you read is blubbering conjecture in that echo chamber. People want to point at media for being a problem…..what has been on social media surrounding this is on whole different level.
Sure Social Media is a hellscape, but who has been pushing social media in that direction over the last few election cycles? Mainstream Media (from both sides of the field) has definitely had a hand in the toxic dumpster fire that Social Media has become

@24TIGER specifically asked you nut jobs to keep politics out of this. Ard and his moderator also warned that political comments would be deleted. Stop crying, you losers. It isn’t censorship. It is honoring the wishes of the man many would like insight from. He isn’t obligated to answer our questions. He is doing this as a courtesy to his fellow Tigers. He is allowed to ask that you take political opinions and conspiracy theories to another thread.

I assume that was for the AR response team that show up on the stage walking in the direction of the shooter shortly after Trump is covered by the plain clothes shield team
Correct. “”Hawkeye” is the call sign for the CAT Team.

Heavily armed and trained tactical unit that works in support of the “shift”.

The agents that responded in tactical gear, seconds after shots were fired.

I was an operator, Team Leader and later served as the Special Agent in Charge of the Teams.

CAT agents are what everyone “thinks” USSS agents actually are…but they are only the top 1%…

Amongst many things one of the biggest things I found weird and interesting was I counted 4 of the immediate 10-12 secret service agents I saw on his detail were women. I’m not trying to be sexist but how is a 5’5 woman supposed to protect and shield a 6’2, 6’3 male? I know some bad ass women and I’m not saying they don’t have a place on the SS because they clearly do. I would think you would want some people of all shapes, sizes and abilities 4 women on the detail that all looked liked middle aged 5’5 white women in decent shape.
47 gonna be coming out with some absolute Units now. Not these fat they/them they had on detail yesterday.

@24TIGER Tough day and tough crowd. It is just too difficult for people to put the politics aside.

I would love to understand what might have been going through the various SS personnel’s minds during this event. You can practice and practice, and while that helps, I am not sure anything truly prepares you for it until you are going though it for real.

I am thankful for the many men and women who serve in the SS, I know you were a career agent and I am sure it is tough to see your friends and colleagues be put under the microscope.

A comment and then a few questions:

I view this is a failure, simply because an untrained 20 year old was able to access a large roof top to within 130 yards of a protectee and squeeze off multiple rounds that killed one and injured at least 4 others (including Trump). All evidence suggests there were at least two head shots that missed Trump by anywhere from a few inches to less than a half inch. Either would have likely killed him. Had that happened yesterday, I dread to think of what today might have looked like.

What the root cause or causes of this failure was will need to be determined and I have no doubt that the SS will figure that out. I don’t think for a minute anyone in the SS wanted this to happen and most if not all would give their life to protect Trump. I do suspect the level or resource and personnel is likely part of the issue, just a suspicion and I have no proof of that. There simply are too many people saying they have sources that numerous requests have been made.

Every organization inside of government is political, most outside of government have politics, it is the reality of humans dealing with other humans. There was a push by House Democrats to pull protective service from Trump earlier this year, it was a politics play, I get how it works, but in hindsight, I suspect there are many regrets about that move today.

I wonder if the politics of optics got the better of the SS Director in this regard and there was resistance to give any larger of a detail than the minimum would require. Like I said this will all come out in the wash, I have no problem giving the SS leadership the benefit of the doubt at this juncture.

Questions:

1. Is onsite radio communication recorded as standard protocol? In other words does an audio recording exist between the two CAT personnel on the roof of the barn and whomever they may have been communicating with?

2. Would a CAT sniper member have the green-light to engage a threat he/she deemed imminent or would permission need to be obtained? If they need permission, would the sound of gun shots change that protocol?

3. Is there a minimum amount of time the SS needs for an advance team to properly vet a venue and develop a security plan? In general how much time is needed?

4. Given a near miss occured, is there a standard protocol for the detail that protects Trump? Example, when a local police officer is involved in a shooting, most agencies will place the officer on desk duty pending a review, it is protocol and doesn’t indicate anything one way or the other about the merrit of the shooting. Does the SS have something similar?

Again, thank you for your service to our country and to all the men and women who ware a uniform in service to this Great Nation.

Last edited:
Correct. “”Hawkeye” is the call sign for the CAT Team.

Heavily armed and trained tactical unit that works in support of the “shift”.

The agents that responded in tactical gear, seconds after shots were fired.

I was an operator, Team Leader and later served as the Special Agent in Charge of the Teams.

CAT agents are what everyone “thinks” USSS agents actually are…but they are only the top 1%…

Can you tell me what an “operator” does, is that like a regular agent?

@24TIGER Tough day and tough crowd. It is just too difficult for people to put the politics aside.

I would love to understand what might have been going through the various SS personnel’s minds during this event. You can practice and practice, and while that helps, I am not sure anything truly prepares you for it until you are going though it for real.

I am thankful for the many men and women who serve in the SS, I know you were a career agent and I am sure it is tough to see your friends and colleagues be put under the microscope.

A comment and then a few questions:

I view this is a failure, simply because an untrained 20 year old was able to access a large roof top to within 130 yards of a protectee and squeeze off multiple rounds that killed one and injured at least 4 others (including Trump). All evidence suggests there were at least two head shots that missed Trump by anywhere from a few inches to less than a half inch. Either would have likely killed him. Had that happened yesterday, I dread to think of what today might have looked like.

What the root cause or causes of this failure was will need to be determined and I have no doubt that the SS will figure that out. I don’t think for a minute anyone in the SS wanted this to happen and most if not all would give their life to protect Trump. I do suspect the level or resource and personnel is likely part of the issue, just a suspicion and I have no proof of that. There simply are too many people saying they have sources that numerous requests have been made.

Every organization inside of government is political, most outside of government have politics, it is the reality of humans dealing with other humans. There was a push by House Democrats to pull protective service from Trump earlier this year, it was a politics play, I get how it works, but in hindsight, I suspect there are many regrets about that move today.

I wonder if the politics of optics got the better of the SS Director in this regard and there was resistance to give any larger of a detail than the minimum would require. Like I said this will all come out in the wash, I have no problem giving the SS leadership the benefit of the doubt at this juncture.

Questions:

1. Is onsite radio communication recorded as standard protocol? In other words does an audio recording exist between the two CAT personnel on the roof of the barn and whomever they may have been communicating with?

2. Would a CAT sniper member have the green-light to engage a threat he/she deemed imminent or would permission need to be obtained? If they need permission, would the sound of gun shots change that protocol?

3. Is there a minimum amount of time the SS needs for an advance team to properly vet a venue and develop a security plan? In general how much time is needed?

4. Given a near miss occured, is there a standard protocol for the detail that protects Trump? Example, when a local police officer is involved in a shooting, most agencies will place the officer on desk duty pending a review, it is protocol and doesn’t indicate anything one way or the other about the merrit of the shooting. Does the SS have something similar?

Again, thank you for your service to our country and to all the men and women who ware a uniform in service to this Great Nation.
CAT is not the Countersnipers

Countersnipers (CS) are Uniformed Division (UD) officers/technicians; call sign “Hercules”

They train almost exclusively on their own and work with USSS agents during “advance work” of sites.

Like many CAT operators… a good many CS technicians have military experience.

Last edited:
Just curious. Why is there a need for women and people of different shapes and sizes?

Maybe a better way of asking, why wouldn’t you just want qualified people regardless of sex and size?
Plan clothes members in the audience. No expert by any means here. Just first thought

This and simply get Trump off stage and out of line of fire IMMEDIATELY. But instead there is a guy in plane sight for minutes with a gun 130 yards from him and we let Trump stay exposed and continue speaking until he is shot. Imagine the look if this was 2mm different. There are hunters making 1000 yard shots. I would hope we are protecting our politicians from a distance MUCH greater than 130 yards. That’s child play of a shot. With drones flying for surveillance, how you let this happen is unfathomable.
My guess as to the reason why Trump wasn't removed from the stage the moment a threat was reported is you don't want to unnecessarily cause a panic. If you pull Trump off that stage suddenly in the middle of the rally, and it turns out the threat is a false alarm, you've disrupted everything for basically nothing, and you run the risk of putting the crowd into a panic unnecessarily. Seems to me they were likely still confirming whether or not the threat was legitimate.

I've never worked on security detail for anything, but I've had several jobs where I've had to respond to emergency situations around large groups of people, and the training for these situations is to always remain calm and to keep the public as calm as possible. Not saying this is what happened, but this would be my guess as to why the SS didn't remove Trump before a threat had been confirmed.

And I'm not saying this wasn't a massively blown assignment. Seems there was a big breakdown of communication that allowed the shooter to scale a roof, get LOS on Trump, and get a shot off. But I am saying (from a layperson's perspective) it seems the SS responded as they were trained to respond based on the information they had.

This is something that alot of people are overlooking. For this just random civilian to be able to sneak up on a roof, get in position, and be calm enough to take a head shot ( 6 shots) at another human being. Nah, most people get nervous shooting at a deer or some other animal let alone another person, this guy had enough time to calm himself

My first response.

FBI ? Laughing my f#cking ass off.

That’s rich.

They need to serve some more search warrants.
Do you not agree that this was a massive breakdown or failure that a non military/trained 20 year old with his Dads AR scaled a roof 130 yards from the President in pure daylight and shot and hit our President and killed another? I do not agree that they took care of business yesterday. Only reason he’s not dead today is the kid “missed” the kill shot by millimeters. This is a total F up.

Fact is, while there were breakdowns in security that allowed a sniper to scale a roof and get a shot off on Trump, SS did successfully eliminated the threat in short order and get Trump out of there alive.

So in spite of all the fair criticism that is everywhere right now, SS did do their job.

Reactions: yoshi121374
CAT is not the Countersnioers.

Countersnioers (CS) are Uniformed Division (UD) officers/technicians; call sign “Hercules”

They train almost exclusively on their own and work with USSS agents during “advance work” of sites.

Like many CAT operators… a good many CS technicians have military experience.

I think you are telling me that counter snipers (CS) and CAT (Counter Assault Team) are not one and the same? Is that correct?

Reactions: mplang and 24TIGER
I'm not sure if it has the Billy D seal of approval, but I'd highly recommend Clint Hill's book, Five Presidents, to anyone interested in learning about some of the challenges the USSS faces (albeit from one man's perspective) and a little more about some of our mid century presidents.

Hill was one of the men in the Kennedy motorcade, so I feel like his experience and insight might be interesting to folks at this moment

It all seems somewhat simple. There weren't enough support for the rally, Turmp and his team have requested more detail but the head of the SS denied their request. That women should have been fired within minutes of last nights events.

With limited manpower I assume the perimeter could only be set at so far so they wouldn't be stretched to far and made weak from the inside. All that being said a rooftop that close with a clear line of sight getting overlooked is unheard of and there should be a lot of people getting fired today.
^^^This one^^^

The decision to not increase the detail in light of the heightened sense of threat assassination is the conspiracy. They created the environment for the gunman to get that close. It's the Kennedy Conspiracy in reverse. In my view, they probably knew making those decisions would increase the opportunity for a lone gunman to act like a nut....and probably hoped it would succeed.

I know it's very hard for you to criticize your own, and I haven't read the whole thread yet, but not being able to holster your own gun is not a good look. Seems like maybe the moment was too big for this young woman and she panicked in no doubt the scariest moment of her life. Many other USSS agents acted bravely and without hesitation, but this one young lady doesn't need to be on any more protection details IMO.

DEI, asked and answered. Not everyone is perfect for every job. No way, no how.

The OP asked for politics to be kept out, and I get it. But everyone thinking that not bringing politics or other personal believes are going to solve problems, is wrong.

The cancel culture has led to the MSM and that is the single biggest thread to America right now. Look at all the football talk. No one is convincing the other of Dabo's view of the portal one way or the other.

But it's the venting of ideas that keep civility. They are allowed to vent. It's why Twitter is a real good idea. Not everything is true, and peoples right to The Bill of Rights should be protected above all in American govt...

question: since the area where the shooter was is outside the restricted venue---does that mean anyone could have just showed up at that location carrying a rifle?? in other words, 40 people with rifles could have just legally stood around at 100 yards away from trump's stage???

That's my #1 question above all else.

Overwhelming evidence, from multiple sources, indicates that the protection detail (whether it was USSS or contracted officials from other agencies) knew the gunmen was there and didn't eliminate him until after he took the shot.

I simply can't wrap my head around how this went down the way it did.

Check out this thread. It explains it in a very plausible way. I thought the exact same thing you did until I read through this. Nothing political in that link, promise.

DEI, asked and answered. Not everyone is perfect for every job. No way, no how.

The OP asked for politics to be kept out, and I get it. But everyone thinking that not bringing politics or other personal believes are going to solve problems, is wrong.

The cancel culture has led to the MSM and that is the single biggest thread to America right now. Look at all the football talk. No one is convincing the other of Dabo's view of the portal one way or the other.

But it's the venting of ideas that keep civility. They are allowed to vent. It's why Twitter is a real good idea. Not everything is true, and peoples right to The Bill of Rights should be protected above all in American govt...
What did that have to do with my question? None of my question was about politics.

Reactions: yoshi121374
100%. Getting shot at or not I’m not losing my Gucci loafers.
Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Reactions: Every name taken
Trump should have been manhandled for his safety because there could have been other shooters.
You mean manhandled while the cute young lady half his size is wrapped around him like a waist pool floaty? Don’t get me wrong, she could probably kick my ass- that’s a low bar btw. She was sacrificing herself for the cause and thats next level shit. God bless her.

@24TIGER Have you heard how the assassin got to the roof? Ladder, fire escape, climbed ? I have searched the internet and can not find the answer. Thanks for your service !
In the BBC video I posted earlier in the thread the attendee shared there was a ladder leaning against the building. Some stupid shit.

Reactions: tigerridge
I'm not sure if it has the Billy D seal of approval, but I'd highly recommend Clint Hill's book, Five Presidents, to anyone interested in learning about some of the challenges the USSS faces (albeit from one man's perspective) and a little more about some of our mid century presidents.

Hill was one of the men in the Kennedy motorcade, so I feel like his experience and insight might be interesting to folks at this moment
Great book. Clint Hill is an American treasure.

Sure Social Media is a hellscape, but who has been pushing social media in that direction over the last few election cycles? Mainstream Media (from both sides of the field) has definitely had a hand in the toxic dumpster fire that Social Media has become
Can’t argue with that they’ve played a part in it. But I don’t see any of them blatantly fabricating images though. You can’t exactly put those on the same level.

How did a person get on a roof 150 yards away on a compound that only had about 6 buildings? How did none of the agents or police not respond to the witnesses that were trying to get their attention to alert them of the shooter that was less than 150 yards away? One witness claims he was attempting to alert the SS and police for at least 3 minutes prior to the first shot. Have you seen an aerial view of that area?

I am waiting patiently @24TIGER
Inside job…

Reactions: tigersrule#
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT