ADVERTISEMENT

FPOTUS Trump attempted assassination…

I know y’all have a lot of questions (I’ve received more than my fair share).

I have as many questions as I have answers, so it’s been a struggle.

I’ll try to answer as many as I can, as soon as possible.

Sorry for any delay. Going to be a process.

Just thinking that it would be more efficient in one thread.
IMG-0592.png
Please do tell…S2 wants to know

#1 This a fail for the USSS in that FPOTUS Trump was lightly wounded (barely escaping MUCH WORSE), one man in the audience lost his life, and two more were critically wounded.

#2 Ultimately, the USSS did accomplish the mission of safely covering and evacuating FPOTUS Trump AND neutralizing the threat (sniper). Very close to LOSING the game.

There will be a thorough review and investigation, and someone is very likely to lose their job(s) at the USSS.

First time since March 30, 1981 that shots were fired at a current POTUS or FPOTUS...43 years is a long time, and that didn't happen by accident. "Not on my watch"...we were known to say.

How did this 20 year old psychotic get through the outer security perimeter AND get to the roof of the building... SO VERY close to FPOTUS Trump's stage? I've no clue.

The inherent problem with large outdoor venues like this (I've worked HUNDREDS of them) is just that....they are LARGE OUTDOOR venues that are nearly impossible 100% safely secure.

Add to the fact that most of the "security posts" held on the outer perimeter are held by either local or state law enforcement, that have little to no direct communications with the USSS shift agents or tactical units. You will see "comms" or lack thereof mentioned again.

The USSS is so lightly staffed (3,000 or so agents world wide) that they can't perform their mission without help from local, state and other federal law enforcement agencies. Add to the fact that this was ANOTHER campaign stop in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania, and you have a recipe for disaster.

To illustrate, I know on one of FPOTUS Trump's recent visits to South Carolina...SCDNR guys held outer perimeter posts...no disrespect, but you can see where I'm going with this

When the Presidential Protective Division (PPD) sends out advance teams...they come from The White House. Agents that are permanently assigned to PPD for up to 6 years .

Agents conducting site advances on the "campaign" for FPOTUS Trump might have less than a year on the job, or be so long in the tooth that they just go through the motions. Suffice to say that it's probably not the best product...and that might very well be what we witnessed yesterday.

We also knew as USSS agents, that if someone is willing to die in order to assassinate the POTUS or VPOTUS, it would be very difficult to stop.

Countersniper (CS) teams: 2 man elements staffed by USSS Uniformed Division technicians (not USSS GS-1811 special agents). I worked with the USSS CS teams for years. Extremely professional and detail oriented. Some of the best snipers in the world (many with military backgrounds) . As you can imagine, they have a tendency to operate on their own, so "comms" between USSS agents and USSS CS could certainly be improved.

I haven't listened to ANY of the theories spewed by so called "experts" from the FBI or other retired USSS agents, because almost none of them have the experience level or expertise that I possess. True.

Breaking it down to the easiest of terms...

A) Massive security breach of the outer perimeter. Unacceptable.

B) There is always a CS response team (comprised of 2 USSS special agents) that are in direct communication with the CS teams (Call sign Hercules). Certainly a critical breakdown in communications there. Appears that by the time CS spotted the sniper, it was way too late to have agents respond to the roof...which is their only mission.

C) The shift agents around FPOTUS Trump did a GREAT job in FIRST covering and THEN evacuating the FPOTUS. CAT (call sign Hawkeye) also responded in seconds form their staging area (out of public view but very close by). CAT is the highly trained and heavily armed tactical unit that provides support to the shift, and also responds to sniper fire, multiple attackers, RPGs, etc. Top 1% of the USSS....which leads me to this...

There have been discussions and comments on this site about the appearance and quality of certain USSS agents that were protecting FPOTUS Trump.

This is not a new problem for the USSS. I saw it almost 30 years ago on PPD. DEI was alive and well in the USSS even then, and we all paid the price. I was passed over for promotions and positions while others (that possessed different traits than I ) were moved up the ladder.

I persevered and won out in the end...but anyone with 1 eye can see that the USSS has some issues to deal with. Not saying that this was the cause of the catastrophe yesterday....but it doesn't help.

I had a conversation with then Vice President Biden in his office on Air Force II.

He asked me "Billy, why is the President's detail having all of these problems, and we don't have any issues here on my detail"?

"Well sir " I replied.. I can give you answer, but it's not politically correct"

VPOTUS " No, no...yeah go ahead"

I said " Do you realize that on our working shift today, we have three former Marine Corps infantry officers, two that have been in combat? Do you know why they're not on PPD"?

VPOTUS " No...why"?

"Because they look like you and me"...

His response "Hey...I get it ...I get it"

The American people deserve better.

I hope this answers some of your questions. I'm hoping I can do a podcast with @Larry_Williams and go much more in depth.
Thank you for addressing the DEI piece

@24TIGER thanks for the depth you provided! Very interested to read more.

I know you have posted your experience here before, but would love to see it again whenever you get a chance. I ask so that we can all see what true experience for such entrusted positions should look like versus what I am sure we are about to see reported as…less than ideal

Reactions: PawJourney
#1 This a fail for the USSS in that FPOTUS Trump was lightly wounded (barely escaping MUCH WORSE), one man in the audience lost his life, and two more were critically wounded.

#2 Ultimately, the USSS did accomplish the mission of safely covering and evacuating FPOTUS Trump AND neutralizing the threat (sniper). Very close to LOSING the game.

There will be a thorough review and investigation, and someone is very likely to lose their job(s) at the USSS.

First time since March 30, 1981 that shots were fired at a current POTUS or FPOTUS...43 years is a long time, and that didn't happen by accident. "Not on my watch"...we were known to say.

How did this 20 year old psychotic get through the outer security perimeter AND get to the roof of the building... SO VERY close to FPOTUS Trump's stage? I've no clue.

The inherent problem with large outdoor venues like this (I've worked HUNDREDS of them) is just that....they are LARGE OUTDOOR venues that are nearly impossible 100% safely secure.

Add to the fact that most of the "security posts" held on the outer perimeter are held by either local or state law enforcement, that have little to no direct communications with the USSS shift agents or tactical units. You will see "comms" or lack thereof mentioned again.

The USSS is so lightly staffed (3,000 or so agents world wide) that they can't perform their mission without help from local, state and other federal law enforcement agencies. Add to the fact that this was ANOTHER campaign stop in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania, and you have a recipe for disaster.

To illustrate, I know on one of FPOTUS Trump's recent visits to South Carolina...SCDNR guys held outer perimeter posts...no disrespect, but you can see where I'm going with this

When the Presidential Protective Division (PPD) sends out advance teams...they come from The White House. Agents that are permanently assigned to PPD for up to 6 years .

Agents conducting site advances on the "campaign" for FPOTUS Trump might have less than a year on the job, or be so long in the tooth that they just go through the motions. Suffice to say that it's probably not the best product...and that might very well be what we witnessed yesterday.

We also knew as USSS agents, that if someone is willing to die in order to assassinate the POTUS or VPOTUS, it would be very difficult to stop.

Countersniper (CS) teams: 2 man elements staffed by USSS Uniformed Division technicians (not USSS GS-1811 special agents). I worked with the USSS CS teams for years. Extremely professional and detail oriented. Some of the best snipers in the world (many with military backgrounds) . As you can imagine, they have a tendency to operate on their own, so "comms" between USSS agents and USSS CS could certainly be improved.

I haven't listened to ANY of the theories spewed by so called "experts" from the FBI or other retired USSS agents, because almost none of them have the experience level or expertise that I possess. True.

B) There is always a CS response team (comprised of 2 USSS special agents) that are in direct communication with the CS teams (Call sign Hercules). Certainly a critical breakdown in communications there. Appears that by the time CS spotted the sniper, it was way too late to have agents respond to the roof...which is their only mission.

C) The shift agents around FPOTUS Trump did a GREAT job in FIRST covering and THEN evacuating the FPOTUS. CAT (call sign Hawkeye) also responded in seconds form their staging area (out of public view but very close by). CAT is the highly trained and heavily armed tactical unit that provides support to the shift, and also responds to sniper fire, multiple attackers, RPGs, etc. Top 1% of the USSS....which leads me to this...

There have been discussions and comments on this site about the appearance and quality of certain USSS agents that were protecting FPOTUS Trump.

This is not a new problem for the USSS. I saw it almost 30 years ago on PPD. DEI was alive and well in the USSS even then, and we all paid the price. I was passed over for promotions and positions while others (that possessed different traits than I ) were moved up the ladder.

I persevered and won out in the end...but anyone with 1 eye can see that the USSS has some issues to deal with. Not saying that this was the cause of the catastrophe yesterday....but it doesn't help.

I had a conversation with then Vice President Biden in his office on Air Force II.

He asked me "Billy, why is the President's detail having all of these problems, and we don't have any issues here on my detail"?

"Well sir " I replied.. I can give you answer, but it's not politically correct"

I said " Do you realize that on our working shift today, we have three former Marine Corps infantry officers, two that have been in combat? Do you know why they're not on PPD"?

VPOTUS " No...why"?

I hope this answers some of your questions. I'm hoping I can do a podcast with @Larry_Williams and go much more in depth.
Great post 24Tiger and appreciate your transparency and honesty. Every person, every organization, should strive to improve each and every day. Every organization has holes and missed details and all you can do is learn from mistakes made, so there is no next time. Thank you and for those like you for your service and continue to help the USSS whenever you can!

I believe multiple areas of breakdowns were responsible. Remains to be seen how much information will be revealed. A few comments:

1. DEI is inconsistent with the mission. Not sure how that can be disputed. Personally I doubt that factored in too much. Just a hunch.
2. Secret service assets were not as abundant onsite yesterday as most think. I believe only 7 to 8 of the agents out of 25 were actual USSS agents. Other 15-16 agents filling the USSS roles were actually DHS agents. Not sure the implication of this, but I would feel better with USSS agents.
3. There have been statements made that the Trump campaign has requested more robust security from USSS. If true, there will be an attempt to quash that info. Trump already gets way more security than other presidential candidates do, but obviously his situation is so unique.
4. I suspect we will find general governmental incompetence played a key role in this. There will be great personal attempts to CYA.

I look forward to finding out:
1. How was there no communication between officers in the field taking reports of a potential shooter on a roof and the agents in close proximity to Trump.
2. How did the gunmen access the roof? I have seen multiple theories.

VPOTUS " No...why"?

Thank you so much for sharing this. Know you didn’t have to.🙏🏻

Hopping on the dubcast is an amazing idea. Can’t wait!

Reactions: douggainey

VPOTUS " No...why"?

Thank you. Respect.

Reactions: tgrdvrmd
I know y’all have a lot of questions (I’ve received more than my fair share).

I have as many questions as I have answers, so it’s been a struggle.

I’ll try to answer as many as I can, as soon as possible.

Sorry for any delay. Going to be a process.

Just thinking that it would be more efficient in one thread.
IMG-0592.png
Criminal negligence or an inside job.

@24TIGER thanks for the depth you provided! Very interested to read more.

I know you have posted your experience here before, but would love to see it again whenever you get a chance. I ask so that we can all see what true experience for such entrusted positions should look like versus what I am sure we are about to see reported as…less than ideal
Special Agent- Jacksonville, FL Field Office 1989-1993 (Served on then Governor Bill Clinton's detail on the 1992 Presidential Campaign)

Special Agent- Miami, FL Field Office 1993-1996 (Served in the DEA High Intensity Drug Trafficking Task Force- HIDTA 1995-1996)

Special Agent - Presidential Protective Division, Washington, D.C. 1996-2000 (CAT Team operator and Team Leader)

Assistant to the Special Agent in Charge- Capitol Hill Liaison 2000-2002 (CAT Team coverage on NSA Rice immediately after September 11)

Assistant Inspector- Inspection Division ( serve as Detail Leader for POTUS Bush 43 sister Doro Koch)

Executive Assistant to the Director 2002-2003

Assistant Inspector 2003-2004

Dignitary Protective Division 2004-2005 (Detail Leader for Ambassador L. Paul Bremer - Head of the Coalition Provisional Authority- Iraq)

Assistant to the Special Agent in Charge- Atlanta Field Office 2005-2007

Deputy Special Agent in Charge - William J. Clinton Protective Division (Detail Leader for Hillary Clinton during 2007-2008 Presidential Campaign) Washington, D.C.

Assistant Special Agent in Charge- Special Operations Division, WDC 2008-2012 ( Program Manager and Agent in Charge of USSS CAT Teams)

Detail Leader for Governor Mitt Romney-2012 Presidential Campaign

Deputy Special Agent in Charge- Vice Presidential Protective Division 2012-2013

Special Agent in Charge- Vice Presidential Protective Division (Personally responsible for the immediate safety and security of the Vice President of the United States and his family) 2013-2015

Special Agent- Jacksonville, FL Field Office 1989-1993 (Served on then Governor Bill Clinton's detail on the 1992 Presidential Campaign)

Special Agent- Miami, FL Field Office 1993-1996 (Served in the DEA High Intensity Drug Trafficking Task Force- HIDTA 1995-1996)

Special Agent - Presidential Protective Division, Washington, D.C. 1996-2000 (CAT Team operator and Team Leader)

Assistant to the Special Agent in Charge- Capitol Hill Liaison 2000-2002 (CAT Team coverage on NSA Rice immediately after September 11)

Assistant Inspector- Inspection Division ( serve as Detail Leader for POTUS Bush 43 sister Doro Koch)

Dignitary Protective Division 2004-2005 (Detail Leader for Ambassador L. Paul Bremer - Head of the Coalition Provisional Authority- Iraq)

Deputy Special Agent in Charge - William J. Clinton Protective Division (Detail Leader for Hillary Clinton during 2007-2008 Presidential Campaign) Washington, D.C.

Assistant Special Agent in Charge- Special Operations Division, WDC 2008-2012 ( Program Manager and Agent in Charge of USSS CAT Teams)

Special Agent in Charge- Vice Presidential Protective Division (Personally responsible for the immediate safety and security of the Vice President of the United States and his family) 2013-2015
outstanding stuff my man!

I know you've had complimentary things to say about the Clintons, but how was Mitt Romney? Thank you for your service- and your input on this mess

@24TIGER I am just curious...have you ever found yourself in any off duty situations where someone accosted you or pushed you to the edge of an altercation? I am imagining you dispatching someone Jason Bourne-style in 30 seconds, but I wonder if you have had to go through your life keeping your temper on the tightest leash possible because you knew you probably had such an advantage given your athletic background and training. I could picture you having to kind of be like Clark Kent when someone is talking shit and just let it slide more than the average person would.

You mean manhandled while the cute young lady half his size is wrapped around him like a waist pool floaty? Don’t get me wrong, she could probably kick my ass- that’s a low bar btw. She was sacrificing herself for the cause and thats next level shit. God bless her.
No doubt she can kick my ass too, but she and other short men are structrally too short for Trump bubble.

If our football players show up too fat or too small for their position, this board has a fit. Size matters in football and unless an accident happens, football is not life or death. SS on the front line must possess the correct structural size and strength to be the human bubble. There are plenty of SS jobs short people can do because it is sexist to assume that only women are short. There are short men too. This is about being an effective human bubble. Nothing more or less.

I'm very curious about this too. If the picture of the bullet whizzing by Trump's head is real, and it seems to be even though I don't know how, it would seem to be in the area to his immediate left from the perspective of him facing up to the podium.

I also think it sounds like a second round of screams coming from that area, but who knows how that sound could get distorted.
I understand the photographers were below the President so shooting upward presents the sky. Being on the same level presents the people in the background. Angle of the shot is the explanation.

It is a real photo. Bullets were shot. A person died. Those are facts.

I know you've had complimentary things to say about the Clintons, but how was Mitt Romney? Thank you for your service- and your input on this mess
Governor Romney was great to work with. He's Mormon...so the whole family are incredibly nice people 😂 😂
@24TIGER I am just curious...have you ever found yourself in any off duty situations where someone accosted you or pushed you to the edge of an altercation? I am imagining you dispatching someone Jason Bourne-style in 30 seconds, but I wonder if you have had to go through your life keeping your temper on the tightest leash possible because you knew you probably had such an advantage given your athletic background and training. I could picture you having to kind of be like Clark Kent when someone is talking shit and just let it slide more than the average person would.
Yep. Pretty much nailed it. I've always been kinda laid back.

But like Reverend Graham says " I like having Billy around...because he can kill you with his bare hands"

This is what we want to see from those protecting the leaders of this great country. Thank you again for your decorated service.

I look forward to seeing the qualifications of those running things once all the “necessary restructuring” takes place.

Has it been discussed where the man who lost his life and the two injured citizens were located in the crowd?

I'm very curious about this too. If the picture of the bullet whizzing by Trump's head is real, and it seems to be even though I don't know how, it would seem to be in the area to his immediate left from the perspective of him facing up to the podium.

I also think it sounds like a second round of screams coming from that area, but who knows how that sound could get distorted.
Can't find it right now, but I saw a graphic that showed one was on trumps far right on one on his far left. They were not in the stands directly behind him. They were in the stands adjacent to him on either side.

Reactions: okclem
It’s their job ! Numerous civilians with cell phones saw him and knew what was happening. But our secret service agents just couldn’t figure out what that was on the roof ? That was Laurel and Hardy stuff.
Yeah, but they didn't have to pull the trigger and blow someone away, just in case they were wrong and the person was one of the "good guys". People who only have to point and talk can assume anything. The man pulling the trigger has to be sure what the target is.

Last edited:

VPOTUS " No...why"?

I appreciate your candor Billy. It is fascinating to hear.

Fact is, while there were breakdowns in security that allowed a sniper to scale a roof and get a shot off on Trump, SS did successfully eliminated the threat in short order and get Trump out of there alive.

So in spite of all the fair criticism that is everywhere right now, SS did do their job.
An unsuccessful assassination is not getting the job done ….and certainly nothing to hang your hat on imo. This was a fail.

VPOTUS " No...why"?

Thank you sir.

Reactions: 24TIGER and leetp

Damn I bet these two assignments were something else. Were you responsible for protection of Bremer while he was in Iraq? Were you at the famous “we got him” announcement?

What was HIDTA like in Miami during the 90s? Lots of cocaine interdiction? TIA

Reactions: 24TIGER

VPOTUS " No...why"?

Thank You Billy. You are an American hero and a Clemson legend.

VPOTUS " No...why"?

Thank you for this post. Really cool behind the scenes stuff. You made a point that's been kind of rattling around the old skull. If someone is willing to die, it has to be damn hard to stop them, at least from making the attempt.

VPOTUS " No...why"?

Awesome stuff bud. Hope you and the family are doing well. I will say, if you give me the option of the average local police vs the SCDNR officers to protect me and my family, I’m taking ol green pants 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Damn I bet these two assignments were something else. Were you responsible for protection of Bremer while he was in Iraq? Were you at the famous “we got him” announcement?
NSA Rice coverage was intense. Mid nights at the Watergate Hotel (outside).

The only people on the streets of D.C. at night were MPD, FBI and the USSS…in the weeks following 9/11.

We picked up coverage on Ambassador Bremer upon his return to the U.S.

Al Qaeda had placed a multi million dollar bounty on his head when he was in Iraq

POTUS Bush 43 signed an Executive Order for the USSS to protect him.

I was a counterterrorism agent…so I got the job as his Detail Leader.

Good man. I was gone 5 calendar months from home. Grind.

Yeah, but they didn't have to pull the trigger and blow someone away, just in case they were wrong and the person was one of the "good guys". People who only have to point and talk can assume anything. The man pulling the trigger has to be sure what the target is.
Agreed, but they should have gotten Trump off of that stage. No excuse for that. They supposedly have received high level training.

What was HIDTA like in Miami during the 90s? Lots of cocaine interdiction? TIA
Yeah.

Pretty much followed and conducted surveillance of the Cali and Medellin cartels.

Serving search warrants on those dudes was extremely dangerous.

Not for the weak or faint of heart.

Couple of times I kissed my wife goodbye and thought that I might never see her again.

Survived it and moved on.

VPOTUS " No...why"?

Thanks so much Sir. We appreciate solid and candid answers that help us understand these recent events.

VPOTUS " No...why"?

Come do my podcast it’s Bar talk and it’s a drinking podcast with bartenders and women with lose morals but I will happily make an exception

NSA Rice coverage was intense. Mid nights at the Watergate Hotel (outside).

The only people on the streets of D.C. at night were MPD, FBI and the USSS…in the weeks following 9/11.

We picked up coverage on Ambassador Bremer upon his return to the U.S.

Al Qaeda had placed a multi million dollar bounty on his head when he was in Iraq

POTUS Bush 43 signed an Executive Order for the USSS to protect him.

I was a counterterrorism agent…so I got the job as his Detail Leader.

Good man. I was gone 5 calendar months from home. Grind.
I imagine it was pretty chaotic right after 9/11.

How do security clearances work for agents? Being in close quarters with some of the most important people in the country, I’m sure ya’ll are privy to lots of very sensitive conversations/info. Is there a certain point where agents are not allowed to be in the room if top secret information is being discussed or reviewed? I’m sure that while a “code of silence” of some sorts is probably very important to agents, there would also be legal ramifications to leaking any information as well.

I imagine it was pretty chaotic right after 9/11.

How do security clearances work for agents? Being in close quarters with some of the most important people in the country, I’m sure ya’ll are privy to lots of very sensitive conversations/info. Is there a certain point where agents are not allowed to be in the room if top secret information is being discussed or reviewed? I’m sure that while a “code of silence” of some sorts is probably very important to agents, there would also be legal ramifications to leaking any information as well.
Every USSS agent has a Top Secret clearance.

Later I was TS/SCI…I would receive a slightly reduced version of the Presidential Daily Brief ( PDB) in my White House office every day. (As SAIC of VPPD)

Kinda like reading the MMI on TI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT