ADVERTISEMENT

FPOTUS Trump attempted assassination…

Not an expert by any means, but on video it sounded like it was subsonic ammo. Taught all 3 of my daughters to shoot using subsonic ammo
5.56 or .223 is a crappy subsonic round. It's lethality and effectiveness are probably not ideal at 100 plus yards. The rounds probably sound muffled because they were being picked up by Trump's mic. In other videos you can hear the rifle reports much more distinctly.

5.56 or .223 is a crappy subsonic round. It's lethality and effectiveness are probably not ideal at 100 plus yards. The rounds probably sound muffled because they were being picked up by Trump's mic. In other videos you can hear the rifle reports much more distinctly.
Yeah 5.56 is a small bullet…just slightly larger than a .22. It depends on velocity and spin for its accuracy and lethality (vs common hunting rounds .27-.30 caliber which utilize mass for stability and penetration) and they essentially have to break the sound barrier to do that. Even a suppressed 5.56 round is going to have a sonic boom and the uselessness of subsonic 5.56 is the primary reason behind the development of the .300 blackout round (5.56 case necked out to accommodate .30 caliber projectile) so that larger subsonic rounds could be run through existing sof rifles with a simple barrel swap.

Reactions: leetp
.223 is usually around 3000 feet per second. Not even clove to subsonic. And shaking my head at crappy. If you’ve ever examined a wound channel from one, they are utterly devastating with a proper bullet. I trust them implicitly within 100 yards on deer, so 2-300 yards would be plenty within its range on a much softer human. Where are you getting your info? This was our primary weapon in Vietnam.

Transitioning from long distance to short/mid distance on scope is nearly impossible. Especially in a rapid engagement.

You have to go from on scope (limited FOV), pull off scope to bino/naked eye/red dot, acquire target, make any calculations, engage target.

I have no issue with the timing.
That sounds like an exact description of that viral video. He pulls his head off the scope for just a second, the he's back on it the next instant and lowering the trajectory to take the shot(s).

Surprising he was able to get hired with the amount of jumping around his resume shows. We like a little more consistency and “stick-to-itiveness” at my company, but certainly Reverend Graham is entitled to hire as he pleases.
lol wut? How did he “jump around”?

That sounds like an exact description of that viral video. He pulls his head off the scope for just a second, the he's back on it the next instant and lowering the trajectory to take the shot(s).
I know a bunch of kids that have no problem switching scopes in Call of Duty. The shooter was probably whopping my ass on-line 10 years ago.

Surprising he was able to get hired with the amount of jumping around his resume shows. We like a little more consistency and “stick-to-itiveness” at my company, but certainly Reverend Graham is entitled to hire as he pleases.

I assume this is a joke, but just in case it isn’t. When you work for an agency like the FBI, CIA or SS. You move roles often and part of that is interagency task forces etc.

It would be like questioning why a military man lived in 12 different places over a 25 year career, it is just how it works.

Last edited:
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

John C Reilly Seriously GIF

I assume this is a joke, but just in case it isn’t. When you work for an agency like the FBI, CIA or SS. You move roles often and part of that is interagency task forces etc.

I would be like questioning why a military man lived in 12 different places over a 25 year career, itt is just how it works.
Hope he is joking and probably is.

The USSS is very much like the U.S.Military.

You must move up the chain of Command by serving in different capacities.

In Washington, D.C. (Pentagon for military) and Field Office (Bases and Forts, domestically and overseas for military)

My assignment as Special Agent in Charge of VPPD was the military equivalent of a Flag Officer. SES- Senior Executive Service.

What is the equivalent of SES officer?

Civilian/Military Equivalent Rates
Civilian GradeMilitary GradeMilitary Rank
SES (ES Level V)O-7Brigadier General, Rear AdmiralLower Half
SES (ES Level IV)O-8Major General, Rear Admiral Upper Half
SES (ES Level III)O-9Lieutenant General, Vice Admiral
SES (ES Levels I and II)O-10General, Admiral

I was ES Level IV (O-8 equivalent)

Last edited:
@24TIGER being that you and Kevin Youngblood both share having been in the "fraternity" in two "elite" organizations, Clemson football and the SS, is he still active with the SS. And if so, are your able to tell who/where/what detail he might be with?
Kevin is a good man.

He continues to serve in the U.S. Secret Service as a Uniformed Division Officer, working at the White House.

Spent some time with him last year at Baltimore/Washington Clemson Club get together.

the idea that trump would hire and trust a 20 year old to shoot him in the ear is pretty wild. Not a man alive I would trust to shoot me in the ear at any distance. seriously...wth
I mean someone who is literally Hitler needs their #ReichstagFire.

Signed every TDS MFer out there.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerGrowls
If I remember correctly, he works with Reverend Franklin Graham in the Samaritan’s Purse non-profit organization.
Director of Security or some similar role, I believe.
Help keep Billy D employed so he can continue to pay for his TI subscription by financially supporting Samaritan’s Purse. In all seriousness, it is a wonderful organization that does incredibly important work.
I believe this is called humor, guys. That is still allowed in this country

Psychotic means that he had a psychosis. I am speaking medically.
I wouldn't be surprised. One thing that psychotic individuals suffer from is called Ideas of Reference which means they believe the TV or radio is talking directly to them. Not hard to believe that someone suffering from that hears Biden talk about putting Trump in the cross hairs or that he is some evil person, and then going out and doing what this guy did.

The Reichstag fire occurred after Hitler was already the duly-elected chancellor. Not really similar.
I completely understand and was lampooning the progressive morons that have been tagging Reichstag Fire to their tweets claiming that Trump did this to himself to frame his ideological opponents and crush them, like Hitler did to the German commies.

.223 is usually around 3000 feet per second. Not even clove to subsonic. And shaking my head at crappy. If you’ve ever examined a wound channel from one, they are utterly devastating with a proper bullet. I trust them implicitly within 100 yards on deer, so 2-300 yards would be plenty within its range on a much softer human. Where are you getting your info? This was our primary weapon in Vietnam.
He’s saying 5.56 with subsonic loads sucks, and it does. 5.56 needs big velocities to be an effective round and there’s a reason why it’s the longest tenured combat load in the world at 2800+ fps.

You misunderstood me. I'm referring to a subsonic load...one that doesn't push the round to supersonic speed. A 5.56 needs velocity for accuracy and lethality. Slow it down and it's little better than a 22. As the other poster mentioned, the .300 blackout round was developed as a premium subsonic round (aka .300 WSPR) to fill this niche.

But to your point, yes, a 5.56/.223 running at 3,000 plus FPS delivers a devastating blow. It is a supremely lethal round out to 600 yd when running a full load (i.e. supersonic).

Last edited:
You misunderstood me. I'm referring to a subsonic load...one that doesn't push the round to supersonic speed. A 5.56 needs velocity for accuracy and lethality. Slow it down and it's no better than a 22. As the other poster mentioned, the .300 blackout round was developed as a premium subsonic round (aka .300 WSPR) to fill this niche.

But to your point, yes, a 5.56/.223 running at 3,000 plus FPS delivers a devastating blow. It is a supremely lethal round out to 600 yd when running a full load (i.e. supersonic).
Never even heard what the kid was shooting. Was it indeed 5.56/.223? Have a few for plinking, but when I rifle hunted back in the day always used a .270wsm or .308.

Honestly haven’t taken one of scoped rifles out of safe in 15 years. Just bow hunt

Never even heard what the kid was shooting. Was it indeed 5.56/.223? Have a few for plinking, but when I rifle hunted back in the day always used a .270wsm or .308.

Honestly haven’t taken one of scoped rifles out of safe in 15 years. Just bow hunt
Some have reported that it was an AR style and specifically that it was chambered in 5.56. Prior to that, I had been quick to point out that "AR style" doesn't necessarily mean 5.56/.223. It could also be .308, 7.62, .300, 6.5, etc.

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
ok---maybe all of you already know this.... on the new york post website it says that a local tv station in pennsylvania says the shooter was on the roof for 26 minutes!!!

do you think this could be true?

edit--i just saw this linked above

ok---maybe all of you already know this.... on the new york post website it says that a local tv station in pennsylvania says the shooter was on the roof for 26 minutes!!!

do you think this could be true?

edit--i just saw this linked above
No way. He might have been on that intermediate section between the two buildings where the ladder was positioned, but not up on that roof we see him crawling from.

Reactions: purple2
Transitioning from long distance to short/mid distance on scope is nearly impossible. Especially in a rapid engagement.

You have to go from on scope (limited FOV), pull off scope to bino/naked eye/red dot, acquire target, make any calculations, engage target.

I have no issue with the timing.
I think he was transitioning as well. Honestly thought it was a pretty bad ass shot to have to readjust without adjusting optics. Took his eye off scope. Repositioned and bang.

what was it? tweet is gone.
Showing up for me.

Local LE CS team was responsible for the building. They were supposed to be using it as an OB for surveilling the perimeter. They should have been on the roof of the building the shooter fired from. Instead, they were inside the building.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Showing up for me.

Local LE CS team was responsible for the building. They were supposed to be using it as an OB for surveilling the perimeter. They should have been on the roof of the building the shooter fired from. Instead, they were inside the building.
Points to delays in engaging the shooter preemptively maybe being the result of efforts to deconflict the shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT