ADVERTISEMENT

FPOTUS Trump attempted assassination…

What I heard, the snipers in all the photos could not see the assassin. They had no shot. Maybe their roof was lower? An obstruction? It was actually a SS sniper much further away and to the side that had a small window to see the side of the assassins head that took him out. The whole situation was a cluster and could have EASILY been much worse.

I just got off a briefing with the Secret Service and FBI. I am appalled to learn that the Secret Service knew about a threat prior to President Trump walking on stage.

I have no confidence in the leadership of Director Cheatle and believe it is in the best interest of our nation if she steps down from her position.

What I heard, the snipers in all the photos could not see the assassin. They had no shot. Maybe their roof was lower? An obstruction? It was actually a SS sniper much further away and to the side that had a small window to see the side of the assassins head that took him out. The whole situation was a cluster and could have EASILY been much worse.

treesnipersmap.jpg

no. It could mean something dumb like rcs, signal, telegram, iMessage, WhatsApp, etc. Or, it could mean actual encrypted comms. Im guessing it’s the former, but I don’t know.
Oh 100% it’s signal/telegram.

Saw something elsewhere saying that shooter’s phone had evidence of him engaging with groyper/white nationalist content and alluded to the recent release traunch of Trump/Epstein documents playing a role in motivating the attack. That stuff has mostly been forced off of mainstream social media (until Elon bought Twitter at least) and with the de jure racist social media platform (gab) having regular hosting issues, signal and telegram are the go to outlets.

Reactions: Hammerhead04

I just got off a briefing with the Secret Service and FBI. I am appalled to learn that the Secret Service knew about a threat prior to President Trump walking on stage.

I have no confidence in the leadership of Director Cheatle and believe it is in the best interest of our nation if she steps down from her position.
I had previously asked @24TIGER about whether this happens frequently at all and we just don’t hear about it. This was why.

I would think there’s a “threat” or a discontent or someone who’s said something online everywhere he goes to do a rally. He’d never go on stage. But would think the SS has to constantly figure out where the line is, when it becomes credible etc (not trying to make any kind of call on whether that threshold should have been met).

Listening to Ted Cruz last night (who was in the Senate briefing) and he came away from it suggesting that Cheatle culled a sizable portion of the Trump rally unit to protect the 1st Lady at her campaign event, which was also in Pennsylvania... In other words, she was unprepared for Jill's event and had to pull from Trump's rally at the last minute... I'll leave it up to the imagination as to who got the best part of that team, given that she and Jill were besties...

Listening to Ted Cruz last night (who was in the Senate briefing) and he came away from it suggesting that Cheatle culled a sizable portion of the Trump rally unit to protect the 1st Lady at her campaign event, which was also in Pennsylvania... In other words, she was unprepared for Jill's event and had to pull from Trump's rally at the last minute... I'll leave it up to the imagination as to who got the best part of that team, given that she and Jill were besties...

They sacrificed trump’s security for “DR” Jill. That’s absolutely a fireable offense

I don’t understand why our Secret Service should be understaffed. We’re not a third world country. There’s just some places you don’t cut corners.
Would you wanna work for a fed run by Obama, Ron Klain (until last year), and a bunch of wokesters who are out of their minds? Would you wanna work for a DEI/favoritism hire?

@24TIGER

I was reminiscing back to when you signed with Clemson when media was still just analog. You was the #1 safety in Max Emfinger and/or Joe Terranova's ranking as I recall. Just an old flashback memory. 😊

Appreciate all of your input and integrity.

Technically WhatsApp and many other messaging apps are encrypted communication, so that's what they could be talking about.
Yeah. I said as much last night. Seems like you would just say he was using an encrypted messaging app, but I think it probably is a case of that and not something sophisticated.
no. It could mean something dumb like rcs, signal, telegram, iMessage, WhatsApp, etc. Or, it could mean actual encrypted comms. Im guessing it’s the former, but I don’t know.

I recognize that a lot of weird coincidences coalesced around this event to make it look weird. I get that. I need a little more info to say unequivocally that this wasn’t something more than a fit for a straight jacket dipshit acting alone, but I THINK that’s all this was. I just can’t buy it was part of some grand conspiracy right now.

The thing getting overlooked here is that while LE/USSS has taken a ton of heat for their incompetence and screw ups (rightfully so), the kid was equally - if not more - incompetent. He walked around for hours in the open so conspicuously that tons of people recorded him/photographed him. The cardinal rule for a pro in that situation is don’t get fvcking noticed/don’t get caught. No way he was a pro with a handler or shadow actor behind him. No pro would rely on the level of incompetence and the egregious security holes this kid benefited from. There is just no way. He was scouting the day of. He didn’t know distances. His hardware was laughable. He had an old DPMS. He was using a golf range finder. He was very lucky and just happened to benefit from inexcusable security lapses. Fortunately, he wasn’t able to accomplish what he set out to accomplish. But, the fact of the matter is, he never even makes it to the roof if a halfway decent job is done by LE. I just can’t buy that he was part of some larger conspiracy.

Last edited:
I recognize that a lot of weird coincidences coalesced around this event to make it look weird. I get that. I need a little more info to say unequivocally that this wasn’t something more than a fit for a straight jacket dipshit acting alone, but I THINK that’s all this was. I just can’t buy it was part of some grand conspiracy right now.

The thing getting overlooked here is that while LE/USSS has taken a ton of heat for their incompetence and screw ups (rightfully so), the kid was equally - if not more - incompetent. He walked around for hours in the open so conspicuously that tons of people recorded him/photographed him. The cardinal rule for a pro in that situation is don’t get fvcking noticed/don’t get caught. No way he was a pro with a handler or shadow actor behind him. No pro would rely on the level of incompetence and the egregious security holes this kid benefited from. There is just no way. He was scouting the day of. He didn’t know distances. His hardware was laughable. He had an old DPMS. He was using a golf range finder. He was very lucky and just happened to benefit from inexcusable security lapses. Fortunately, he wasn’t able to accomplish what he set out to accomplish. But, the fact of the matter is, he never even makes it to the roof if a halfway decent job is done by LE. I just can’t buy that he was part of some larger conspiracy.
I agree with all of this. However, I think media is so focused on what happened and why Trump wasn't removed, we are losing sight of the fact that an innocent person WAS killed and two more were seriously injured. That blood is on the security failure and while it wasn't a presidential candidate, it was someone that had a realistic expectation that if a danger was identified it would be dealt with.

I guess if the USSS mission is to only protect the individual they are assigned to, you could say that the main goal was accomplished. However, someone still died and didn't have to.

And to your point, someone that was pretty much incompetent was somehow able to overcome their incompetence to do it...

Woman is over her head and needs to be sent back to Pepsi to protect bottling of the soft drinks.

Ever carry concealed and have to reholster? I'd cut her at least a little slack on that--as amateurish as it may have looked. 🥴
I have.

She's wearing some variant of an OWB kydex paddle holster. From the video it looks like it was too far back on her hip so she missed it the first time. Or maybe it's a new rig and she hasn't spent much time training or the training hasn't been conducted in "full gear".

I understand what it is like when shvt gets real and how much chaos can ensue. I've seen some wildly funny things that happen in those situations and have roasted and been roasted once calm has been restored. It was just a light hearted jab, mistakes were made and lessons learned and i suspect/hope she's been doing drills and will be better for it.

The evidence stacking up that there was a gunman on the water tower would point to the scary sloped roof guy being an obvious distraction, aka patsy.

The evidence stacking up that there was a gunman on the water tower would point to the scary sloped roof guy being an obvious distraction, aka patsy.
I haven’t seen any of that. Water and cell towers are usually secured and have security cameras, though. And, there should have been eyes on that the second shots started flying. Not saying it’d be impossible. I just haven’t seen or heard anything about it.

What evidence? If there was one I would assume it was a pro and would not have missed.
IIRC There were 3 or 4 eyewitness videos describing someone on the tower. Haven't seen anything outside of that I'm not buying it, but I assume that is what he is referencing.

Edit: Interviews in Tweet

I haven’t seen any of that. Water and cell towers are usually secured and have security cameras, though. And, there should have been eyes on that the second shots started flying. Not saying it’d be impossible. I just haven’t seen or heard anything about it.
Forensic analysis at work. 👍😊

I'm not in the camp of conspiracy... I'm in the camp that the agency leadership is so inept that it has weeped into the rank and file and depleted the service of experienced and competent agents... Are there still good agents, sure but they are unable to replace the longevity and experience that exiting agents took with them... And leadership starts at the top...

I mean, we just had the first Presidential assassination attempt in 43 years... 43 years !! And there is no press conference or prepared statements, or even a congressional conference call for 5 days ?? And yet, she shows up on ABC for a short softball interview, in which she makes less than factual statements and casts blame on local police... They should have never let Trump out of the limousine, and yet somehow, they did... This, is why people are screaming conspiracy... I am in the camp that this is nothing more than a total abject failure, and the fact that Cheatle has not resigned is further proof of the rot in our government agencies...

Total and unequivocal incompetence from Mayorkas, Cheatle, and Wray...

Last edited:
I'm not in the camp of conspiracy... I'm in the camp that the agency leadership is so inept that it has weeped into the rank and file and depleted the service of experienced and competent agents... Are there still good agents, sure but they are unable to replace the longevity and experience that exiting agents took with them... And leadership starts at the top...

I mean, we just had the first Presidential assassination attempt in 45 years... 45 years !! And there is no press conference or prepared statements, or even a congressional conference call for 5 days ?? And yet, she shows up on ABC for a short softball interview, in which she makes less than factual statements and casts blame on local police... They should have never let Trump out of the limousine, and yet somehow, they did... This, is why people are screaming conspiracy... I am in the camp that this is nothing more than a total abject failure, and the fact that Cheatle has not resigned is further proof of the rot in our government agencies...

Total and unequivocal incompetence from Mayorkas, Cheatle, and Wray...
She should not be allowed to resign. Resigning entitles her to reinstatemant benefits in other areas of government. She needs to be fired.

@Steven15's post is a good example of the multiple interviews mentioning the water tower, and there are photos and videos that appear to show someone on the tower. It has also been reported the no law enforcement or USSS were on or covering the tower.

A bit more content from these 2 accounts:

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Would you wanna work for a fed run by Obama, Ron Klain (until last year), and a bunch of wokesters who are out of their minds? Would you wanna work for a DEI/favoritism hire?
What ? Did you even read what I said ? I said I don’t understand why the Secret Service is understaffed. It seems to me that an agency that important should be properly funded and properly staffed. No idea how you went that direction.

What ? Did you even read what I said ? I said I don’t understand why the Secret Service is understaffed. It seems to me that an agency that important should be properly funded and properly staffed. No idea how you went that direction.
You can’t hire from applicants that don’t exist.

You can’t hire from applicants that don’t exist.
Well, if people aren’t applying, then the pay scale and benefits should be increased to attract the best of the best.

@Steven15's post is a good example of the multiple interviews mentioning the water tower, and there are photos and videos that appear to show someone on the tower. It has also been reported the no law enforcement or USSS were on or covering the tower.

A bit more content from these 2 accounts:
Huh? That water tower doesn't have the angle to have made the shot that grazed DJT. Plus, a shot from that apparent range would indeed be impressive.

Well, if people aren’t applying, then the pay scale and benefits should be increased to attract the best of the best.
@24TIGER can weigh in on if this, but a colleague of mine made it through the application process to the USSS and received a job offer. Is was for a GS-6 paygrade (he was GS-13 [1550 occupational series, which is a computer scientist] with the Dept. of the Navy at the time). He was also a prior enlisted Gunny and a Major (at the time of his application) in the USMC Reserve, with active duty tours in Afghanistan and numerous embassy protection detail tours. Still, they would only start him as a GS-6. After trying to negotiate his starting pay grade, he declined the offer when they wouldn't budge.

Reactions: mplang and 24TIGER
Huh? That water tower doesn't have the angle to have made the shot that grazed DJT. Plus, a shot from that apparent range would indeed be impressive.
Numerous diagrams by those guys linked above show the opposite (re angle), and fortunately, it was an impressive miss if indeed that's where shots were coming from.

Reactions: leetp
Police sniper reportedly shot Trump’s would-be assassin from 448 yards away

From the posted link:
Evidence of the 448-yard shot was submitted to the U.S. Secret Service shortly after Crooks was killed, according to two elite experts who have frequently served in security missions globally. They are often called on to train snipers for the Secret Service, SWAT, and sniper teams at many federal agencies and tactical teams at state and local law enforcement agencies.

The sources expressed a firm belief that the much closer snipers stationed about 150 yards away just behind the speaker's platform did not kill Crooks. When Crooks fired his first shot at Trump, one of those snipers visibly flinched, took his eye from the scope, and raised his head. When he returned to the rifle, the barrel was aimed too low for the trajectory needed to hit the gunman.

Those actions, the experts said, are indicative of what they consider a "B-team" or even "C-team" sniper. Top-tier "A-team" operators don't flinch at the sound of a rifle's report, they said.

The two snipers on the barn behind Trump appeared to be using .308 caliber Remington model 700 bolt-action variants, according to a special operations source who spoke exclusively with Blaze News.

Those are not the types of rifles used by the Secret Service A-team snipers. For normal operations, Secret Service snipers use semi-automatic .308 rifles such as the Knights Armament Co. SR-25 or a high-quality AR-10 variant that has interchangeability with the SR-25. For long-range operations, they use bolt-action .338 Lapua Magnum rifles, the source said.

Numerous diagrams by those guys linked above show the opposite (re angle), and fortunately, it was an impressive miss if indeed that's where shots were coming from.
Still, no way that's the shot that hit DJT. The flight path of the bullet was nearly parallel to the side of DJT's head when looking right and struck him from his right-to-left (or front to back as his head was turned toward the flight path of the bullet). A shot from the tower could not have struck him at this way and would also have been traveling at a much more downward angle.

Still, no way that's the shot that hit DJT. The flight path of the bullet was nearly parallel to the side of DJT's head when looking right and struck him from his right-to-left (or front to back as his head was turned toward the flight path of the bullet). A shot from the tower could not have struck him at this way and would also have been traveling at a much more downward angle.
I tend to agree with you, but here's the opposite perspective:

Reactions: leetp
i think it would be funny to see a 'serious' pinkerton/security guard company ad during the democratic convention. maybe secret service could hire some minimum wage security guards if the roof is sloped

I tend to agree with you, but here's the opposite perspective:
I just looked at the google maps sat view. It would have been more difficult (read: impossible) to hit trump the way he was struck, shooting from the tower. The bullet would have been traveling at a more oblique (almost perpendicular) angle to trump’s head. The water tower was well behind him over his right shoulder. The shooter was firing from a very shallow/acute angle, thus the bullet grazing him and traveling basically parallel to his head. To say the shooter would have struck the opposite side of his head isn’t accurate. With lateral muzzle movement the shooter could have missed to either side of his head fairly easily the way trump was turned. It’s definitely not impossible for the shooter to have struck trump the way he did from where he shot. There is also the picture of the bullet after it hit trump from the photographer there. That trajectory could not have been achieved firing from the tower.

The actual stage was well forward of the pin in this picture, basically in line with the shooter’s pin. It was beyond/in front of that smaller path/track that runs across the field.
iu

You can see the bleachers are where the pin in the above pic are here in this picture.

iu

I just looked at the google maps sat view. It would have been more difficult (read: impossible) to hit trump the way he was struck, shooting from the tower. The bullet would have been traveling at a more oblique (almost perpendicular) angle to trump’s head. The water tower was well behind him over his right shoulder. The shooter was firing from a very shallow/acute angle, thus the bullet grazing him and traveling basically parallel to his head. To say the shooter would have struck the opposite side of his head isn’t accurate. With lateral muzzle movement the shooter could have missed to either side of his head fairly easily the way trump was turned. It’s definitely not impossible for the shooter to have struck trump the way he did from where he shot. There is also the picture of the bullet after it hit trump from the photographer there. That trajectory could not have been achieved firing from the tower.

The actual stage was well forward of the pin in this picture, basically in line with the shooter’s pin. It was beyond/in front of that smaller path/track that runs across the field.
iu

You can see the bleachers are where the pin in the above pic are here in this picture.

iu
Yep, and as long as this simulation is set up correctly, the rooftop is in a perfect line with both Trump and those who were hit.

Begs the question what the shooter on the tower was doing.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT