ADVERTISEMENT

GOP debate

I knew John personally, he knew me by name. He was a wonderful human even if he went a little batty when he ran for office.

The clip of him telling that old woman at a rally that obama is a good man with a good family who disagrees on policy is just so good.

Very few things in politics have sickened me as much as Trump's conduct towards and about McCain. Trump showed his absolute lack of class and respect when he trashed John McCain.

Very few things in politics have sickened me as much as Trump's conduct towards and about McCain. Trump showed his absolute lack of class and respect when he trashed John McCain.
THIS. I can't say that it surprised me though... That's who Donald Trump is. If McCain was running WITH Trump, Trump would have hyped him as a hero and saint who was one of the smartest people he knew. But since he was running against Trump... Well, you saw what happened there. Just typical Trump on display and just one of the reasons I think he's wrong for America.

FWIW, he's ALWAYS been like that and I've always disliked him b/c of it. I disliked him when he was a liberal Democrat from NYC and was hanging and endorsing the Clintons, Gore, Kerry, and even Obama. This dude would turn on you in a SECOND.

I find it ironic that some of his most ardent supporters wouldn't have pissed on him if he were on fire in those days. A NYC liberal that's hanging out with Hillary? But he just says he's changed his mind (after 60 plus years) and they are all on board. A dude who's word isn't worth a fart in a hurricane and folks believe in him like he's Jesus himself.

THIS. I can't say that it surprised me though... That's who Donald Trump is. If McCain was running WITH Trump, Trump would have hyped him as a hero and saint who was one of the smartest people he knew. But since he was running against Trump... Well, you saw what happened there. Just typical Trump on display and just one of the reasons I think he's wrong for America.

FWIW, he's ALWAYS been like that and I've always disliked him b/c of it. I disliked him when he was a liberal Democrat from NYC and was hanging and endorsing the Clintons, Gore, Kerry, and even Obama. This dude would turn on you in a SECOND.

I find it ironic that some of his most ardent supporters wouldn't have pissed on him if he were on fire in those days. A NYC liberal that's hanging out with Hillary? But he just says he's changed his mind (after 60 plus years) and they are all on board. A dude who's word isn't worth a fart in a hurricane and folks believe in him like he's Jesus himself.

There will be books and studies and college coursework on this very topic. How a liberal NY democrat huckster captured the hearts and minds of the far right in an unnaturally passionate, quasi-religious way.

It's interesting to me that the vast majority of both conservatives and moderates on this board who have demonstrated a triple digit IQ are supporting Nikki Haley. I mean that's how it should be of course, but politics hasn't followed logic recently.
It’s because we respect MEASURED people who have respect and care for an entire nation.

As @yoshi121374 states, you aren’t going to agree with someone on everything but she’s a proper measured leader.

Triple Digit IQ people fall into 2 categories:
1. Legit thoughtful enlightened individuals who think beyond themselves to properly lead.
2. Narcissists who only look at every angle to take advantage of others.

It's interesting to me that the vast majority of both conservatives and moderates on this board who have demonstrated a triple digit IQ are supporting Nikki Haley. I mean that's how it should be of course, but politics hasn't followed logic recently.
She’s the only one right now with a competitive chance, so it isn’t a difficult decision, frankly. You have 4 more years of an asshole or a vegetable or anything else. The only viable option in the “anything else” category is Haley, currently.

It is interesting that this happened right at the same time that trump became a republican and started shouting the birtherism conspiracy. He saw people like the fat lady in the red sweater who called Obama an "arab", and he saw an opportunity to be the voice of mouth breathers everywhere.
He certainly played a role and contributed to it. It is significantly more complex than just him and goes back farther.

As a left-leaning sideline observer, she jumps off the page when watching the debates. She is clearly the best option - tough, great resume, reasonable, smart and likeable. Doesn't mean I like everything about her, but then again, I don't like everything about Biden either. If Republicans were serious about winning, that's who they should rally behind because she'd probably win easily. Of course, the current Republican electorate would probably sit the election out knowing that she'd appeal to crossover voters as well.

What is your take on Nikki Haley? I'd like some comments about positions, not some vagueary about RINOs, particularly considering she has been a Republican since long before Trump was a liberal Democrat NY huckster.
Dude... Haley disagreed with DONALD TRUMP. Therefore she is a RINO and a Deep State person. Period. Oh AND she's a bird brain according to Trump. Note that she was great when he appointed her to the UN, but once she resigned, not so much. Again, CLASSIC Trump.

Reactions: yoshi121374
She’s the only one right now with a competitive chance, so it isn’t a difficult decision, frankly. You have 4 more years of an asshole or a vegetable or anything else. The only viable option in the “anything else” category is Haley, currently.

No she doesn't man.

What is your take on Nikki Haley? I'd like some comments about positions, not some vagueary about RINOs, particularly considering she has been a Republican since long before Trump was a liberal Democrat NY huckster.
Haley is a neocon and part of the deep state apparatus imo.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Definitely not. I still think trump is the only one he can beat. Just feels very certain it won't be Nikki

If trump were to die, then someone else has a chance, Sadly, if trump were to be convicted and on his way to prison, he will still be the nominee.

The recent NY Times polling that looked very bad for biden in the swing states also showed about 40% of trump voters said they would not vote for him in the general election if convicted. For some reason, I just dont buy that.

Definitely not. I still think trump is the only one he can beat. Just feels very certain it won't be Nikki
Very certain in that you view it as a certainty that trump will win the nomination? Or certain in that you view Desantis as the more viable challenger? I wouldn’t push back super hard either way, although I think Haley’s ability to appeal to moderates and suburban white women (relative to trump’s clearly but also to desantis) is under-reflected thus far but potentially a big factor.

Democrats should elect the Republican nominee. They seem far more interested in that nominee than their own.

Let those idiots vote for Trump so we can have Biden again. Dude has killed it! Maybe this time we can really break the record and get 100Million votes.

Seriously, why are the Republicans not obsessed with the democrat nominee?

Any republicans care to answer?

Democrats should elect the Republican nominee. They seem far more interested in that nominee than their own.

Let those idiots vote for Trump so we can have Biden again. Dude has killed it! Maybe this time we can really break the record and get 100Million votes.

There are some differences in the republican candidates, whereas the democrat candidates are just a front for the democratic machine.

This is the dumbest post… ever. This thread is about a GOP DEBATE.

Can someone explain to me again about how overturning Roe was about putting control of abortion back into the hands of the states? Bc all the blustering from Republicans in Red/Purple states that passed laws protection abortion make it seem like a bunch of BS.

He’s not electable, but to ignore the fact that he absolutely made some very valid points (along with the rest of your post) is stupid too.
His valid points were the 2016 and 2020 elections were rigged? Or was it some of the other nonsense he was spouting?

Reactions: yoshi121374
This is one thing that I actually blame the media for (on both sides). Ratings are everything and it's SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING to watch people go at each other like a Jerry Springer episode than it is to watch a couple of folks honestly and respectfully debate an issue and come to a compromise. So that's what you see. Far better to watch MTG and AOC act like a couple of monkeys on crack that it is to watch the more moderate folks work.

monkeys on crack

sign me up GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Star of the debate was once again Ramaswamy.

Seems like he single handedly shut down Haley’s Presidential run. First he labeled her George Bush in 3 inch heels.

And tonight he pulls out a piece of paper labeling her corrupt. He then puts her on the spot asking about Ukraine policy and she has her bird brain moment in not being able to respond. A really bad look for her.

Vivek looking polished, smooth, and has a robust knowledge of the issues. He will be the vice presidential pick.

Last edited:

Seems like he single handedly shut down Haley’s Presidential run. First he labeled her George Bush in 3 inch heels.

And tonight he pulls out a piece of paper labeling her corrupt. He then puts her on the spot asking about Ukraine policy and she has her bird brain moment in not being able to respond. A really bad look for her.

Vivek looking polished, smooth, and has a robust knowledge of the issues. He will be the vice presidential pick.
Sure man, sure. It's over for that repugnant blowhard.

Reactions: scotchtiger

You actually watched the debate instead of the basketball game? Yikes.

You actually watched the debate instead of the basketball game? Yikes.
Hello friend. I watched the 2 minute highlight of Haley freezing on stage ..... at the same time I was watching the game. I'm a glutton for punishment i guess. All the technology makes it easy to multi-task.

Last edited:

Just to be clear I am voting for anyone not BIDEN and would even consider Joe Kenedy as an alternative as he is nowhere near the CRAZY of the Democratic Party.

Still I would pick a Republican Candidate over a Democratic more than likely.

The sad part of that statement is I have friends who are Democratic on the local levels of government who are great

It just seems the more national the job the worse it gets.

I smile when I say that as Myorkis the border guy has to be the worse liar on earth along with the most incompetent appointed government official which means he will be promoted up to the top

At the moment Trump is so far out on the vote for scale I am sticking with him unless I see a surge by one of the better quality candidates of Haley, Swamy or De Santis. Prefer any of those three due to youth and two terms they could serve.

Crazy Christi is NOT EVEN ON THE RADAR as a viable candidate. Can he just stop with the TDR and focus on what he will do to help American be a best country.

So solid voting for Trump at this point unless the rising conservative stars can do it.

County is in crap shape due to hate mongering and race baiting along with selling America by traitors such as the Bidens Family to everyone evil and Menendez to Eygpt

Of course the resident crazy club on here will defend the shit show that is presently called the Biden Administration

Have at it you ignored guys as I save a lot of reading by not paying attention to your freak comments

Unfortunately my guilty pleasures side once and awhile unignores you to get a laugh

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73 and fatpiggy
Just to be clear I am voting for anyone not BIDEN and would even consider Joe Kenedy as an alternative as he is nowhere near the CRAZY of the Democratic Party.

Still I would pick a Republican Candidate over a Democratic more than likely.

The sad part of that statement is I have friends who are Democratic on the local levels of government who are great

It just seems the more national the job the worse it gets.

I smile when I say that as Myorkis the border guy has to be the worse liar on earth along with the most incompetent appointed government official which means he will be promoted up to the top

At the moment Trump is so far out on the vote for scale I am sticking with him unless I see a surge by one of the better quality candidates of Haley, Swamy or De Santis. Prefer any of those three due to youth and two terms they could serve.

Crazy Christi is NOT EVEN ON THE RADAR as a viable candidate. Can he just stop with the TDR and focus on what he will do to help American be a best country.

So solid voting for Trump at this point unless the rising conservative stars can do it.

County is in crap shape due to hate mongering and race baiting along with selling America by traitors such as the Bidens Family to everyone evil and Menendez to Eygpt

Of course the resident crazy club on here will defend the shit show that is presently called the Biden Administration

Have at it you ignored guys as I save a lot of reading by not paying attention to your freak comments

Unfortunately my guilty pleasures side once and awhile unignores you to get a laugh

Who are you voting for meth mouth?

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
If you like Vivek there's a 100% chance you bathe with your father. That guy is an absolute rube who appeals to the stupidest part of our society...similar to Trump.
You have people who like Vivek confused with ole Joe who 100% showered with his daughter.

Why does a mental midget liberal like yourself concern yourself with who the GOP candidate is? You're going to vote Democrat no matter who they put up there.

I have no plans on voting for Vivek, but I can guarantee I would vote for him before I would vote for any democrat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT