Great news out of Washington DC

appalachiatiger

Woodrush
Jan 7, 2009
Asheville NC
I cant believe it!

From the desk of Rand Paul:

Dear taxpaying american citizens,

You can read about this development and more, including action I have taken to defend Kentuckians from new and outrageous government fees, in my latest update below!

Dr. Rand Paul Applauds Trump Administration for Implementing His Association Health Plan Reform

The Department of Labor announced its final policy expanding access to Association Health Plans (AHPs) on Tuesday, a reform I have long called for and championed in Washington to create more competition and allow more Americans to join in groups to purchase quality, affordable health insurance across state lines.

I released the following statement after the announcement:

"For months, I worked directly with President Donald Trump and Secretary Acosta to make this happen. Today, we are putting more power back into the hands of the American people to choose the health insurance plan that best meets their needs at a price they can afford. I refused to believe we could not keep fighting for pro-patient, pro-worker, and pro-family solutions in health care, and I applaud President Trump for responding and delivering one of the most significant market-based health care reforms in a generation."

In addition to working with President Trump and his administration on the issue, I also extensively traveled Kentucky to sit down with business owners and employees concerning this plan, which will expand the types of groups that can form an AHP and also allow for membership across state lines.

It would also allow self-employed individuals who have no other employees to take part in a large-group AHP with their families, including a self-insured AHP.

The new policy would continue to ensure Americans are not denied coverage or charged higher rates due to pre-existing conditions, and it will help create more options for the 15 million Americans and their family members who do not have insurance because they run a sole proprietorship or work for a small employer that does not offer coverage, as well as the 9 million Americans who purchase unaffordable coverage in the individual market without qualifying for a subsidy.

Roughly four million more Americans will be covered by AHPs by 2023, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

You can learn more about this exciting change by reading the Department of Labor’s announcement HERE.

Reactions: rogue booster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT