ADVERTISEMENT

Great news today by the CDC..if you're under 50 Covid-19 less deadly than flu

I’ve seen it first hand. I am a surgeon at a major level 1 trauma hospital.
Sure. And for every case someone claims they know of there's probably ten that are not being counted. See my post above of just a few doctors saying the numbers are low.

Are you living under a rock? Doctors everywhere are saying the deaths are being undercounted. I could probably post 25 links of different doctors, but here's just a few. At least look at the first one to educate yourself on this some.
https://www.poynter.org/fact-checki...rcount-doctors-in-the-field-say-the-opposite/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/coronavirus-deaths/

https://www.al.com/news/2020/04/coronavirus-deaths-may-be-undercounted-in-alabama-doctors-say.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/05/us/coronavirus-deaths-undercount.html

TLDR

Yeah.....one more study!! should do it!
Who to believe?

I will trust the medical professionals I know around the country.

Some....have responded to your emotional reactions in this thread.

You truly are an idiot. So, the rate is based on the total population of the US. I didn't realize all 330 million were infected.
How can you NOT take the total number of Americans that totally make up our economy as the ones being affected by this?
Very few deaths...........devastating economic results.

Yeah. Death affects more dramatically the closer you are to it. It is almost always sad.

Unemployment and Bankruptcy for the middle class masses is waaayyy more sad in the overall picture.

Reactions: harristeeter
You truly are an idiot. So, the rate is based on the total population of the US. I didn't realize all 330 million were infected.

Indeed! Besides his math being off by a factor of 10, if all 330 million were infected, the numerator would be waaaaaaaayhigher! GO TIGERS!

Reactions: CU91ENGR
Respectfully, these number are not accurate per the CDC estimate. What you have listed is for symptomatic cases only. In the same report, they estimate 35% of all cases are asymptomatic. When you factor this in, the mortality rate falls to:
0-49 years old = 0.0325%
50-64 years old = 0.13%
65+ = 0.845%
Overall 0.26%
Further, our nursing home population nationwide is 0.5% of our population, yet account for 33% of all deaths. If you remove those numbers the overall IFR falls to 0.17%.
If you really believe it is a hoax, why not take your wife to church tomorrow?
I would but she flew to Colorado today to visit my daughter and family. It's not a hoax, but has been greatly overestimated. If you are elderly and/or have other serious health conditions then it can be deadly like pneumonia or flu. If you are healthy not so much. I think statistics bares that out.

The american people lost. 70K+ dead in two months. 20% unemployment. And all the while our elected leader says "i don't take responsibility at all."

Japan successfully beat this thing (very few deaths) without a shutdown. They addresses it early February and wore masks. And all the while, our elected leader still refuses to wear a mask.

I may have missed it, but did Democrat’s oppose the shut down? I know they opposed the travel ban, which turned out to be a good thing.

Countless, huh? And you have proof of this? So, you're saying that the medical professionals are unethical liars?
Some are , I’m sure. Many came out to defend tobacco, sugar and margarine in the past. As with all professions , some people will just be ignorant and some will be devious.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Im talking deaths vs total pop douche. But you knew that. The MSM throws the death count in our face at every opportunity. If they tallied deaths from other things daily (car wrecks, suicides etc) it would look startling until you compare to total population. Its a scare tactic to try and justify their panic agenda.

40mill unemployed and all the negatives that come with that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>94k deaths. The good of the many outweigh those of the few.

If some are at risk and scared, then take personal action, but the other 99% of us resume our lives.

Last edited:
TLDR

Yeah.....one more study!! should do it!
Who to believe?

I will trust the medical professionals I know around the country.

Some....have responded to your emotional reactions in this thread.
Ok, so just ignore the numerous doctors speaking out that it's undercounted, but trust your few

Im talking deaths vs total pop douche. But you knew that. The MSM throws the death count in our face at every opportunity. If they tallied deaths from other things daily (car wrecks, suicides etc) it would look startling until you compare to total population. Its a scare tactic to try and justify their panic agenda.

40mill unemployed and all the negatives that come with that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>94k deaths. The good of the many outweigh those of the few.

If some are at risk and scared, then take personal action, but the other 99% of us resume our lives.
There are approximately 38,000 people killed in America every year from car accidents. We are almost three times that amount in less than three months. I'd say that's pretty startling, douche.

Reactions: Orange Beard
You are truly an insufferable pu$$y. Stay inside and hope for your govnt check.
Actually I'm working and making as much money as normal. No stimulus check for me due to income level. I just have respect for those that are most susceptible to this virus. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist like the rest of you Trump bumpkins on here

Reactions: flotiger
There are approximately 38,000 people killed in America every year from car accidents. We are almost three times that amount in less than three months. I'd say that's pretty startling, douche.[/
Everyone loves to talk about the big death number. However, about 30% or more of the deaths are in nursing homes. You know the median life expectancy of a nursing home resident? 6 months. I don’t count those the same as young healthy people dying in car wrecks.

I’m so happy to have not missed the new covid19 thread.

Quick question: how do some of you feel out your republican leadership infringing on your rights and shutting down the economy for “the flu”?

Reactions: CU91ENGR
I’m so happy to have not missed the new covid19 thread.

Quick question: how do some of you feel out your republican leadership infringing on your rights and shutting down the economy for “the flu”?

I bet Georgia wishes they had Stacey Abrams right now for sure

Shhh...You bite your tongue!!! The 'Fake New' media will have none of this...

200.gif

They probably already sent out their army of spies after you. Soon everyone in your family will be accused of racism, of being a homophobe, or molesting innocent ladies.

Sure. And for every case someone claims they know of there's probably ten that are not being counted. See my post above of just a few doctors saying the numbers are low.
They are counting deaths Covid whenever possible to increase the numbers. Believe it or not, some people in the medical field have an agenda (not even political for most) and they skew the facts. Sadly it’s a fact now in the medical arena.
Remember most respected doctors don’t want a microphone. They do their job, don’t say a word and go home.

There are approximately 38,000 people killed in America every year from car accidents. We are almost three times that amount in less than three months. I'd say that's pretty startling, douche.
I never said accidents were more than CV19. My point is the numbers look big unless put in context vs total number of people. Whether its 40k or 100k, they post it for shock value.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Ok, so just ignore the numerous doctors speaking out that it's undercounted, but trust your few
Haha

That's what YOU'RE doing.......... You just CHOOSE to listen to people you don't know and have no clue what their position or reason for speaking out is.........

Friend, I don't trust anyone much any more.
It's hard to find someone without some kind of agenda.

The people I am referring to have no agenda. Simply private conversations.

All Good, my man.

Last edited:
You're statement is hogwash:

“No additional funding” tied to deaths
But there is no financial benefit to having a death certificate state that a person’s cause of death was directly tied to COVID-19, said Dr. Leon Kelly, El Paso County’s coroner, who also has served as deputy medical director for the county’s public health department during the coronavirus crisis.
https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/20/coronavirus-covid-medicare-payments-hospitals/
LOL. Congrats on your google search. You can also do the same search and find evidence on my side. Plus, 99% of the media is the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party so really whatever you post is more than likely fake news. You lost all credibility when you posted something from a former newspaper, the New York Times. Lastly and again, there is a huge difference in dying of COVId and dying with Covid. Orange man bad!

CDC numbers are close to what local governments studies reported from Santa Clara, LA, Miami, NYC, and others. Santa Clara study found an IFR from 0.1 -0.3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/reason.com/2020/05/14/coronavirus-has-infected-2-8-percent-of-hoosiers-says-new-study/?amp
The Santa Clara study has been discredited. In NYC, nearly 3/10 of 1% of all residents of the city have already died and it is believed that only 20-25% of the residents have antibodies. The Miami study seemed to be more hopeful when I read it.

See this more comprehensive study from Spain. Plus, they discuss other countries in the article. Only a small percentage of Spain's residents have antibodies based on their survey.

Everything I have seen makes me think fewer than 10% of US residents have antibodies thus far (and perhaps as few as 5%). Folks speaking of this virus and epidemic in the past tense seem to me to be wildly optimistic. I sincerely hope I am wrong on that.

https://english.elpais.com/society/...paniards-have-contracted-the-coronavirus.html

Quote from the article: "The Spanish overall figure of 5% is in line with studies in other European countries that showed a prevalence of 4% to 5%, far below the rate that would provide the population with so-called herd immunity, and which experts place at 60% at the very least.

If the percentage of infected people who eventually die is around 1.1%, as the study suggests, the cost in human lives of herd immunity would be between 200,000 and 300,000, making the method unacceptable. Epidemiologists consulted by this newspaper said that social distancing measures must remain in place until a vaccine becomes available."

LOL. Congrats on your google search. You can also do the same search and find evidence on my side. Plus, 99% of the media is the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party so really whatever you post is more than likely fake news. You lost all credibility when you posted something from a former newspaper, the New York Times. Lastly and again, there is a huge difference in dying of COVId and dying with Covid. Orange man bad!

Yikes

Lololol at you using this line totally unironically.

"the only trustworthy news sources these days are the ones that confirm my pre-existing bias!"...

I'm surprised how many people on this board are so incapable of even a modicum amount of critical thinking.

Actually I'm working and making as much money as normal. No stimulus check for me due to income level. I just have respect for those that are most susceptible to this virus. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist like the rest of you Trump bumpkins on here

I'm mostly a lurker and generally enjoy the site, have posted a few times. But, you're the most negative poster on here, and there's not a close second. In all honesty, I've never seen a positive post from you, football or non football related. Brother, life's too short to be so critical. Granted, I can choose to ignore you, but surely there's someone in your life that could stand to benefit from some positivity and optimism.

Well let's see some evidence saying that hospitals are paid more when a patient dies from coronaviru. Treatment = yes because they're doing a lot more. Death= no. I'll sit by and wait for your evidence

I'm mostly a lurker and generally enjoy the site, have posted a few times. But, you're the most negative poster on here, and there's not a close second. In all honesty, I've never seen a positive post from you, football or non football related. Brother, life's too short to be so critical. Granted, I can choose to ignore you, but surely there's someone in your life that could stand to benefit from some positivity and optimism.
So, because I don't believe in the hoax theory, I'm negative? Just because I am not trying to make light of a grave situation, does not make me negative

The american people lost. 70K+ dead in two months. 20% unemployment. And all the while our elected leader says "i don't take responsibility at all."

Japan successfully beat this thing (very few deaths) without a shutdown. They addresses it early February and wore masks. And all the while, our elected leader still refuses to wear a mask.

Only the media and liberals care about our president wearing a mask.

Would you disagree with that line?
What moves the needle for you? 50 mill unemployed? 100 mill? 0 deaths?
Serious question, what moves the needle for you? 1 million dead, 10% of America dead? As long as the average death is over 80, they can all die? I know that 10% of America isn't going to die from covid-19 but I really am curious for future reference because this is not going to be the last pandemic in my lifetime and the next one might be worse. I'm totally in favor of opening up business, but I do wish we were approaching it a bit more cautiously.

Typical liberal thinking. Think your smarter than anyone else in the room. You would be wrong.

Was that directed at you? Both sides do this. They watch news and regurgitate facts that confirm their world view.

"Typical trumper thinking" - so fragile you see everything as a slight on you.

Well let's see some evidence saying that hospitals are paid more when a patient dies from coronaviru. Treatment = yes because they're doing a lot more. Death= no. I'll sit by and wait for your evidence
Negative. I’ve actually been enjoying a beautiful day on the lake while I’ve locked you up on internet research all day. So no, I won’t be wasting my time on google when I already know the answer. I actually talk to people and get information in the real world that doesn’t require a liberal propaganda search engine. This will be my last post on this so I can let you get to work on your 100k death party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT