ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime PSA

Andy you always sound so feminine. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Are you a lady?

Not a lady and I for the life of me I don’t see how anything I said even remotely sounds feminine. It is logical and is a well reasoned viewpoint. That is probably what is throwing you off given your disconnect with rationality,

U7enoN4.png

Doesn't Kavanaugh look good sitting there beside what appears to be a dead RBG. :p

You continue to prove yourself to be an absolutely horrible person. Jesus would be proud.

This article is hilarious and is based on all kinds of faulty assumptions

Well then kindly go into detail and tell me how. You know you once called me the dumbest woman you never met, so I'm a little lost.

Just getting around to this, but that is a great article, @amynhop and describes my support for Trump to a Tee; at least from my viewpoint as a Christian. Of course, I'd support him even if I weren't.

Exactly....mine too. I thought it was an excellent article. Still waiting on @OrangeForever to enlighten me with why it’s so flawed. He even called the article hilarious. I’m just perplexed with his comments. Sure hope he will come back on and elaborate.

Yeah... Kavanaugh being confirmed is painful for you liberals. Guess that's why it's level 12 stupid... because you don't agree with it.

I've been a registered Repub for 22yrs. I just have common sense...and you know, fundamental beliefs. And a spine. And a conscience. But good luck out there.

Exactly....mine too. I thought it was an excellent article. Still waiting on @OrangeForever to enlighten me with why it’s so flawed. He even called the article hilarious. I’m just perplexed with his comments. Sure hope he will come back on and elaborate.
What part of that article could possibly be considered ‘excellent’? Other than it affirms your idolization of trump? I’d like to know.

I thought it was one of the most ill conceived, poorly written, intellectually dishonest things I’ve read in a while. No exaggeration.

From the assumption that Christian detractors of trump is due to ‘hate’. To using What-about’ism of today’s voting Christian demographic (trump era) and assuming that even a majority of that demographic even existed to have an audible voice for an election cycle 38 years ago (Reagan era). It’s ridiculous. Not to mention unquantifiable or proveable, making this writer right because you can’t factually prove him wrong. Though logic and reason suggests there were plenty who may have been anti Reagan. But there were no 24 hour news cycles to rip, praise and idolize him like now. Nor was there social media for people to voice opinions like today.

Then the age old questioning of Obama’s true religious beliefs. Though he’s always said he’s a Christian, he continues to be labeled as anything but. Despite evidence in eulogies, tributes, etc at memorial services, funerals, etc that exhibits that he has greater fundamental grasp of the Christ crucified gospel than many Christians who Continue to double down on his authenticity. Pretty hard to do that without deep exploration of the Christian faith. All the while, Trump is believed to be a Christian by these same people even though he’s on record saying he doesn’t need to repent because he doesn’t do anything wrong. You can’t be any further from a Christian if you believe that. It’s lunacy.

And the last paragraph is nauseating. Equating the support of the presidency to some idolistic position. God, America and the president aren’t equivalences.

If affirmation for an unhealthy idolization of a political position and affiliation is all you’re seeking, then maybe this was a well Presented article. And we’ll just disagree in a grand fashion.

And for the record, i find the far left agendas extremely flawed as well, because the platform presupposes that we are sinless and capable of homogenous thought, feelings and of heart. As a Christian, i believe it’s an impossible agenda. Because we all suck, far worse than anyone would ever be willing to admit about themselves. Ive been able to reach that point about myself. From a Christ crucified view, I’m Detestable. From a legalistic and western cultural view, I’m a pretty good dude. America and trumps America, is rooted in some generic God that too many people feel exists to bless our nation. Which is so categorically false, that it bothers me more than the political, spiritual, religious (or lack there of) world views that are in contrast to mine.

There are a few well thought of theologians (Tim Keller, Russell Moore specifically, and Mohler and Piper, etc) who criticize trump but do so on individual comments made, policies legislated, etc. while holding back on wide or broad sweeping generalizations and criticisms of him, though would be mostly justified. That’s also a part of trying to love your neighbor (Trump) and exhibiting some of the grace and kindness toward Trump that is grounded in the gospel. In our, or their, limited human capacities. They’ve also never written, that I have seen, about how America is doomed in those critiques because they know who is in control. As opposed to the God and Country gospel of the Franklin Grahams, Pat Robertsons and Huckabees, when they were terrified of where we ‘were headed’ in their critiques during Obama’s 8 years.

Article on the prosperity/God and Country gospel:
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57e0324ee4b0d5920b5b32db

Last edited:
What part of that article could possibly be considered ‘excellent’? Other than it affirms your idolization of trump? I’d like to know.

I thought it was one of the most ill conceived, poorly written, intellectually dishonest things I’ve read in a while. No exaggeration.

From the assumption that Christian detractors of trump is due to ‘hate’. To using What-about’ism of today’s voting Christian demographic (trump era) and assuming that even a majority of that demographic even existed to have an audible voice for an election cycle 38 years ago (Reagan era). It’s ridiculous. Not to mention unquantifiable or proveable, making this writer right because you can’t factually prove him wrong. Though logic and reason suggests there were plenty who may have been anti Reagan. But there were no 24 hour news cycles to rip, praise and idolize him like now. Nor was there social media for people to voice opinions like today.

Then the age old questioning of Obama’s true religious beliefs. Though he’s always said he’s a Christian, he continues to be labeled as anything but. Despite evidence in eulogies, tributes, etc at memorial services, funerals, etc that exhibits that he has greater fundamental grasp of the Christ crucified gospel than many Christians who Continue to double down on his authenticity. Pretty hard to do that without deep exploration of the Christian faith. All the while, Trump is believed to be a Christian by these same people even though he’s on record saying he doesn’t need to repent because he doesn’t do anything wrong. You can’t be any further from a Christian if you believe that. It’s lunacy.

And the last paragraph is nauseating. Equating the support of the presidency to some idolistic position. God, America and the president aren’t equivalences.

If affirmation for an unhealthy idolization of a political position and affiliation is all you’re seeking, then maybe this was a well Presented article. And we’ll just disagree in a grand fashion.

And for the record, i find the far left agendas extremely flawed as well, because the platform presupposes that we are sinless and capable of homogenous thought, feelings and of heart. As a Christian, i believe it’s an impossible agenda. Because we all suck, far worse than anyone would ever be willing to admit about themselves. Ive been able to reach that point about myself. From a Christ crucified view, I’m Detestable. From a legalistic and western cultural view, I’m a pretty good dude. America and trumps America, is rooted in some generic God that too many people feel exists to bless our nation. Which is so categorically false, that it bothers me more than the political, spiritual, religious (or lack there of) world views that are in contrast to mine.

There are a few well thought of theologians (Tim Keller, Russell Moore specifically, and Mohler and Piper, etc) who criticize trump but do so on individual comments made, policies legislated, etc. while holding back on wide or broad sweeping generalizations and criticisms of him, though would be mostly justified. That’s also a part of trying to love your neighbor (Trump) and exhibiting some of the grace and kindness toward Trump that is grounded in the gospel. In our, or their, limited human capacities. They’ve also never written, that I have seen, about how America is doomed in those critiques because they know who is in control. As opposed to the God and Country gospel of the Franklin Grahams, Pat Robertsons and Huckabees, when they were terrified of where we ‘were headed’ in their critiques during Obama’s 8 years.

Article on the prosperity/God and Country gospel:
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57e0324ee4b0d5920b5b32db

This is a great post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT