ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime PSA

The problem is liberals and democrats vote for people and personalities while conservatives vote for ideals. I want conservative judges and people in government, not people who want to abolish straws or other wacky liberal views. I don't care that Trump is a pussy grabber or pow shitter on or whatever as long as he nominates conservative judges, cuts taxes, does away with ludicrous regulations, and adheres to a more conservative approach in governing. On the opposite side it seems to me most democrats do not care how wacky liberal Obama was as long as he is articulate and gives great speeches, and hollywood loves him then he is a great president.

This is awfully one sided. Maybe consider that your wrong. There are lots of reasons why people vote the way they do, on both sides. You think liberals voted for Hillary because of her personality? Or that conservatives voted for Trump for his ideals?

Reactions: marshmk
You know.... you tagged me a few times in another thread ( don't remember which ) saying I wouldn't reply to you and I took the time and posted a thoughtful reply. Of which, you never even acknowledged you saw.

FYI - I don't eat fish.

I am sorry I never replied. I truly thought I had. Things must have gotten busy or something those days. I do appreciate your reply to my, however. My point above was that I think you probably like some progressive ideas and thoughts. I don't know anyone who wants to go back to a period of time when almost all of our rivers were polluted and one could dump anything into a lake. I wish the right and the left would not say I hate all things X or Y. Rarely in life are things black and white. Again, sorry I did not reply to you then.

Reactions: amynhop
I hear what you’re saying but it seems like liberal judges are more likely to legislate from the bench than conservative ones.

ok. Let's check your theory. One of the most impacting decisions of our era was the supreme court OVERTURNING campaign finance laws that limited how much money could be donated to groups influencing an election. Who overturned it? Well, that would be the conservative justices. I think that would fit your definition of legislating from the bench. The fact of the matter is that supreme court justices are supposed to be a check on the legislative branch. That was their design. But, for sure, I would say that ruling had a profound impact on a major law on the books up until their decision and has impacted future legislation maybe more than any other in our lifetime.

ok. Let's check your theory. One of the most impacting decisions of our era was the supreme court OVERTURNING campaign finance laws that limited how much money could be donated to groups influencing an election. Who overturned it? Well, that would be the conservative justices. I think that would fit your definition of legislating from the bench. The fact of the matter is that supreme court justices are supposed to be a check on the legislative branch. That was their design. But, for sure, I would say that ruling had a profound impact on a major law on the books up until their decision and has impacted future legislation maybe more than any other in our lifetime.
I don’t think it’s much of stretch to say liberals in general, including judges, look at the constitution as a living breathing document. That should be redefined as time flows. Whereas a conservative is more likely to say, it is as it was written, leaving the obvious conclusion that a liberal minded person would be more likely to legislate from the bench.

This the problem with politics. It isn’t a competition or head to head matchup anywhere but here.

Actually it is everywhere. Open your eyes man! It's been R vs D, Lib vs Conservative, etc for decades. And every Republican candidate since Reagan has been called racist, misogynist, etc by their opponents. That's why those accusations are now non-starters.

You give the people two choices (effectively), and make them choose one based off of dozens of issues (economy, healthcare, social issues, international issues, guns, etc) you are going to have this. But intelligent people realize that you vote for the guy/girl that represents what you value MOST, and that you don't have to 100% agree with your chosen candidate.

It's like picking a QB for Clemson. I can have TLaw's passing ability or KB's running ability. I can't have both. Deshaun ain't walking through that door.

I apologize for using stupid.

Donald Trump and Jesus of Nazareth are not compatible to be devoted to.

How is the platform of Trump compatible with the red letters in my Bible?

I think Billy Graham is a top 5 human to ever live. I think Franklin Graham is a Pharisee and nowhere near his old man.

Before you call me a “dumbocrat” know that I’m not. I think abortion is a tremendous pox on our society as humans. I do however believe if one is to be pro life, kids in cages, and kids without healthcare, should be almost as intolerable as murdering them. If you’re pro life, you should be pro life from womb to tomb.

God bless

Some truth here. I can see your points.

Kids in cages - complex issue because of detainment laws, and an inherited one since at least Obama. Probably further back. But it needs to be fixed. An EO was issued to resolve it but I don't know what is happening now.

Trump himself has said we need single-payer healthcare. I'm not sure what that means yet. If his administration can develop a workable plan instead of a mess, then they may have something. But the government (IMO) isn't really there to provide healthcare, jobs or even food. It's there to maintain the peace and develop laws, etc. But the current insurance system could use an upgrade/cleanout/something.

You can support Trump, believe he is a good candidate for President, and be a follower of Jesus Christ. You just have to realize that you are believing in a human who is fallible and not let his opinions form your opinions.

But you obviously cannot WORSHIP Trump. And I don't mean the way we visualize with an altar, sacrifices, etc - but you have to understand he is a fallible human who will make mistakes.

But I don't consider what many call the "platform of Trump" (all the bad stuff he's done in his life) to be his "platform." The things he wants to do. Those are his life choices, and some aren't so good. Has he made mistakes? Of course. Has he done some bad stuff? Yep. Banged a stripper? Probably more than once. While married to Melania? Yeah - WTF was he thinking? Melania's 10x hotter. Did he bribed Hillary Clinton (NY senator at the time) to get stuff he needed done in business? He says he did though it appears it was legal (under the campaign law limits). Made the left look kinda stupid going after him for it? Yeah.

Was he the best of two very bad options for President? I think so. None of the rest had a chance in hell. The Libertarians pissed away their chance.

Can he do some good? I think he can. Economy seems to be doing well. Supreme Court picks TBD.

Will I like everything he does? Nope.

Am I enjoying the Liberal meltdown over Kavenaugh? Yes I am. Pure entertainment value.

And I'm not a fan of Franklin Graham either. Too political for my tastes. That apple fell a little too far from the tree.

I’m in agreement here. Which is why I would support the moving the funding allocated towards state sponsored abortions to a program supporting a more affordable path for adoption of unwanted children.

Too many kids deserve to be loved, and too many loving families would gladly take up that responsibility but it’s so daggum expensive.

Sounds like a decent plan. I'm even okay with giving away birth control (I'd bet overall it would be a money saver for the country).

Planned Parenthood should just move the abortion stuff to a different agency. I think abortion is a barbaric act that any society that considers itself civilized should be well beyond. It also gets their name drug through the mud needlessly. Splitting that part off would solve their issue.

The fly in the ointment for any plan based on personal responsibility (insurance, entitlements, whatever) is the kids. They pay the price for their parents' choices.

Last edited:
The fact of the matter is that supreme court justices are supposed to be a check on the legislative branch. That was their design. But, for sure, I would say that ruling had a profound impact on a major law on the books up until their decision and has impacted future legislation maybe more than any other in our lifetime.

The Supreme Court is supposed to be a check on the Legislative AND Executive branches. And they are supposed to interpret existing law, not legislate from the bench.

IMO the Legislative and Executive branches should never gripe about any Supreme Court ruling that follows existing laws. If they don't like it, the Legislative branch should change the law and the Executive branch should approve it.

I REALLY wish I'd have read a few more pages before wading into this pool.....

Do you think supporting a party that believes it's okay to murder an innocent baby is okay? What about supporting gay marriage? I know a lot of Christ followers that are Democrats...and the Democratic platform supports abortion and same sex marriage, just to name a couple of things.

Honestly many Christians I know are torn on gay marriage. While the Bible appears to condemn it, it also condemns a lot of stuff the rest of us do every day.

I wouldn't put it and abortion in the same category.

Reactions: marshmk
I don’t think it’s much of stretch to say liberals in general, including judges, look at the constitution as a living breathing document. That should be redefined as time flows. Whereas a conservative is more likely to say, it is as it was written, leaving the obvious conclusion that a liberal minded person would be more likely to legislate from the bench.

I do not disagree with you in your general statement about liberal's view of the constitution as a living and breathing document. I am just pointing out that the supreme court often overrides liberal AND conservative supported laws. Many times when they override laws that the conservatives like it is tainted as "Legislating from the bench" and one cannot have it both ways.

A big danger for society is for us to begin to view the judiciary as body beholden to politics and who does not view it that way today? I suspect each justice realizes that and I expect the pressure on them will be tremendous to disavow that notion. It would not surprise me at all to see that the conservatives are frustrated by what they most desired.

Reactions: CLT-Tiger
Oh no.... Pretty sure Ice and NY are leaning towards the right now-:p

Amy, this is not a dig at you . I am simply curious - But do you have any friends who are liberal? Real friends....like folks you hang with from time to time.

Amy, this is not a dig at you . I am simply curious - But do you have any friends who are liberal? Real friends....like folks you hang with from time to time.
It would be pretty lame if you disliked someone strictly because they were a lib or a conservative. On SCOTUS Scalia and Ginsburg were best friends and they were a the extreme ends of the spectrum. They actually vacationed together.

Reactions: andcam and amynhop

I wouldn't say I have any super close friends who are. I definitely play league tennis with a few women who are on the left. And I like them. Just don't discuss politics with them. Also am in Super Club with a doctor, who is a friend, who is a big democrat ( he doesn't get cray cray like some of the far left these days). We really don't talk too much politics, though. Have before when alcohol was involved, however. :)

I do not disagree with you in your general statement about liberal's view of the constitution as a living and breathing document. I am just pointing out that the supreme court often overrides liberal AND conservative supported laws. Many times when they override laws that the conservatives like it is tainted as "Legislating from the bench" and one cannot have it both ways.

A big danger for society is for us to begin to view the judiciary as body beholden to politics and who does not view it that way today? I suspect each justice realizes that and I expect the pressure on them will be tremendous to disavow that notion. It would not surprise me at all to see that the conservatives are frustrated by what they most desired.
Solid points, not being sarcastic.

Reactions: andcam
DBlv4qv.png

I researched and looks like it's true. Despicable and pathetic what some liberals are teaching our children.

so calling a racist (you) a racist makes me a racist? Intredasting. So you admit you are a racist
I
so calling a racist (you) a racist makes me a racist? Intredasting. So you admit you are a racist
I admit you are a ignorant troll and not worth anymore of my time. My only goal was to out you as the hypocritical dumbass that you are. Call it mission accomplished. I can assure you the opinions of anyone on a message board matter less to me than the pile of dog shit I stepped in while in my yard yesterday.

Reactions: amynhop
Ford did. On her fear of flying statement alone. Not even taking into account her testimony against Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh. Which is highly questionable....

If any ladies on the board want to stop by my tailgate for NC State, we will be playing the Devil's Triangle quarters game. It will be lots of fun.

Andy you always sound so feminine. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Are you a lady?

It really is a shame we only get 6 more years of reactions from people like you.

2018-years-calendar-trump-presidency-liberal-crying.jpg

HaHaHaHaHa!! this only gets funnier every time you post it.

I love it when simpletons like you make this point. My life hasnt really changed much since Trump was elected. I am a white, straight, business owning male and my earnings put me in the top 2% nationally. I'll be fine. Unfortunately, the short-sighted policies of Trump - supported without question or thought by sheep like you - are going to make my kids lives pretty challenging, no matter how much money I can leave them.

I love it when simpletons like you make this point. My life hasnt really changed much since Trump was elected. I am a white, straight, business owning male and my earnings put me in the top 2% nationally. I'll be fine. Unfortunately, the short-sighted policies of Trump - supported without question or thought by sheep like you - are going to make my kids lives pretty challenging, no matter how much money I can leave them.

giphy.gif

Reactions: amynhop and Earle36

I'm in a similar position as you, but when I think about Trump's policies, I can't see how they are putting us in a worse position long term than expanding entitlements, expanding government dependence, offering government paid college to the masses, etc. His policies cut taxes without a plan to pay for it and Hillary would have increased spending without a plan to pay for it - or if there was a plan, it would have taxed the hell out of guys like us.

At least you can always re-raise taxes. Once you implement or expand entitlements, it's very very hard to go back.

Reactions: CUtiger (actual)

0DtAAp4.png

I'm in a similar position as you, but when I think about Trump's policies, I can't see how they are putting us in a worse position long term than expanding entitlements, expanding government dependence, offering government paid college to the masses, etc. His policies cut taxes without a plan to pay for it and Hillary would have increased spending without a plan to pay for it - or if there was a plan, it would have taxed the hell out of guys like us.

At least you can always re-raise taxes. Once you implement or expand entitlements, it's very very hard to go back.

Fair points.

Taxes will go back up, they always have to after a republican has been president going back to Reagan. Otherwise our economy crumbles. Simple minded folk are conditioned to believe that it is just the evil democrats trying to take their money. But if you remember even George HW had to raise taxes after Reagan, he had no choice. So why not find a better solution? Why not find some middle ground? Do something that really will help the middle class and increase consumption vs. pumping the stock market for investors?

Crazy thing is Hilary didnt start with that free college talk until she needed to get Bernie's supporters to vote for her. That was a monumental error on her part b/c 1. Bernie supporters hated her, 2. young people dont vote and 3. older people who do vote and had been paying their own student loans for years were pissed. Hilary would have been considered a reagan republican if she had run back in the 90s.

My point with that is, every time the pendulum swings back, we - the people - get more ****ed long term. You and Amy and Cutiger should enjoy posting your maga gifs and pics of liberals crying, that bullshit is only hastening the rise of the extreme left. The pendulum is going to swing right past Obama/Hilary and land squarely onto bernie and his crew. For the record there is no way I would have voted for Bernie.

Reactions: MacAttackTiger
All the dumb threads on this board and you single this one out as stupid? In your opinion? Oh ok.....
No, not singling out. It's one of like two threads I had time to click on. That was on me I guess. To each their own, it's just a painful thread.

No, not singling out. It's one of like two threads I had time to click on. That was on me I guess. To each their own, it's just a painful thread.

Yeah... Kavanaugh being confirmed is painful for you liberals. Guess that's why it's level 12 stupid... because you don't agree with it.

U7enoN4.png

Doesn't Kavanaugh look good sitting there beside what appears to be a dead RBG. :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT