ADVERTISEMENT

Herd immunity? Good news!!!

LOL...so you base this all on assumptions that are not known. Makes sense with all the garbage I have seen on here for months now. Ranks right up there with “Maybe this goes away with heat and light. It seems like that’s the case,” the president speculated. “I think a lot of people are going to go outside all of a sudden.”
The math is based on studies that are just as reputable as the studies that suggest mask

@CU91ENGR is the most negative person on the planet
If being realistic and not sticking my head in the sand to ignore what's really going on around me makes me negative, then guilty as charged. I consider it being an adult and not pretending like a bunch of children that everything is a hoax and all is well.

Reactions: rockable
If that's the case, what is the long term plan? Do we finally accept that the virus is never going away?
Pretty simple.

Means that a long term effective vaccine is even less likely than it already is. Means that the virus will join the party with the countless others that we live with. Means that if you die in a given year, there is a 98%+ chance that you will die from something other than COVID and <2% chance that you will die from COVID. It means that if you have any control over the comorbidity items, maybe by losing weight, you may want to get started.

Unfortunately those that have no control over the comorbidity items will have to hope for the unlikely vaccine, which they may have to take multiple times a year, and hope that the virus does not mutate like many others do.

It is what it is. There are no guarantees in life except that one day you will not live anymore. Enjoy every day while you have them.

Now spot the ball!

Good Lord... you still believe 140k deaths were all Covid 19.

Lol
s_Wxrz.gif

Short term, everyone should wear masks. Long term, you get everyone vaccinated. Vaccines provide levels of antibodies that far exceed the level you get when you catch the disease.

Additionally, as the article suggests, there are multiple types of immunity. Early reports regarding the Oxford vaccine are quite positive in that it may provide both T cell immunity and antibody immunity: https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/o...s-suggest-double-protection-from-coronavirus/

Progress on this vaccine has been quite good so far and numerous other vaccines from Moderna, Pfizer, J&J all seem promising as well.
You ever had a cold vaccine?

Nope didn’t think so

Actually, no, I believe the number is significantly higher than that. Just look at the study by Yale and see that there were 122,000 more deaths thru May 30th than normal. Only 95,000had been attributed to Covid-19 by May 30th. You and the rest of your Trump loving ostriches can keep your head in the sand as the numbers continue to grow rapidly. Every time you're proven wrong, another excuse pops up.
Those are suicides

Actually, no, I believe the number is significantly higher than that. Just look at the study by Yale and see that there were 122,000 more deaths thru May 30th than normal. Only 95,000had been attributed to Covid-19 by May 30th. You and the rest of your Trump loving ostriches can keep your head in the sand as the numbers continue to grow rapidly. Every time you're proven wrong, another excuse pops up.
2mm people die in the US every year. I got an A in statistics 30 years ago at Clemson, so took it upon myself to run some numbers. 135,000 of the 140,000 deaths would've occurred over the next 2 years anyway. That's what old and fat people do, they die. Relax, it's going to be okay.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
LOL...so you base this all on assumptions that are not known. Makes sense with all the garbage I have seen on here for months now. Ranks right up there with “Maybe this goes away with heat and light. It seems like that’s the case,” the president speculated. “I think a lot of people are going to go outside all of a sudden.”

The math is based on studies that are just as reputable as the studies that suggest mask

f1a4eb9d2cad64ff09b2a0562dabbd36.gif

2mm people die in the US every year. I got an A in statistics 30 years ago at Clemson, so took it upon myself to run some numbers. 135,000 of the 140,000 deaths would've occurred over the next 2 years anyway. That's what old and fat people do, they die. Relax, it's going to be okay.
And the fact that they died in 4 months is not significant?

And the fact that they died in 4 months is not significant?
That's subjective. Keeping kids out of school and job losses disproportionately impact minorities long term. Are you racist?

I can't wait for the election so that people in Brazil and Russia stop spreading the virus and getting sick..
LOL....you nailed it on this one. Didn't you know the Democrats were rigging those numbers too.

That's subjective. Keeping kids out of school and job losses disproportionately impact minorities long term. Are you racist?
Dude, you are a complete idiot trying to twist this into something racist.

You guys carry on with your head in the sand. No wonder we are the worst country in the world at handling this. We made it political, and once it got there the deniers are going down with the ship. Kind of appropriate given our Presidents attitude.

A vaccine can’t come soon enough, except then we have to start dealing with the anti-Vaccine crowd, which is even worse. Embarrassing...

me plain worse country in the world because that’s absolutely false

Divide the number of deaths by the CDC’s stated infected mortality rate of 0.26% for COVID. This tells you the approximate number of people infected. When that number reaches 15% to 20% of the population, herd immunity is reached. The virus runs out of hosts to infect and it dies out. Every virus follows this pattern.

The number to reach herd immunity could be significantly lower since the infected mortality rate in the population with the most cases (20-30 year olds) is significantly lower. They are also finding that a large portion of the population have some immunity due to exposure to previous corona viruses, i.e. colds.

Reactions: ClemsonMullet
Divide the number of deaths by the CDC’s stated infected mortality rate of 0.26% for COVID. This tells you the approximate number of people infected. When that number reaches 15% to 20% of the population, herd immunity is reached. The virus runs out of hosts to infect and it dies out. Every virus follows this pattern.

The number to reach herd immunity could be significantly lower since the infected mortality rate in the population with the most cases (20-30 year olds) is significantly lower. They are also finding that a large portion of the population have some immunity due to exposure to previous corona viruses, i.e. colds.
They are finding that the antibodies don't last more than about 2 months. Tons of studies showing this, making them even question if a vaccine will work, and will require several doses if it does. https://www.healthline.com/health-n...ade-quickly-what-this-means-for-herd-immunity https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...irus-may-fade-away-within-weeks/#3be17e821bc3

Actually, the only study needed to understand that masks help prevent the spread is common sense. I'm fairly sure you'd fail that study.
It was once common sense to lay babies on their stomach when they sleep because if they spit up laying on their back they may choke to death.

Dude ... You are terrible at arguments. You can't take it whatsoever when logic is presented .

Good Lord, 140,000+ deaths in 5 months and you idiots still say it's the same as the flu.

Edit - before being properly corrected - I did say they were all about the same, rereading, but I meant more along the lines of how they could be categorized by the CDC. You still are a moron for just looking for a fight. ;)

Reactions: ClemsonMullet
They are finding that the antibodies don't last more than about 2 months. Tons of studies showing this, making them even question if a vaccine will work, and will require several doses if it does. https://www.healthline.com/health-n...ade-quickly-what-this-means-for-herd-immunity https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...irus-may-fade-away-within-weeks/#3be17e821bc3

Antibodies from an asymptomatic infection, antibodies from a severe infection or antibodies from a vaccine?

Everything seems to point to the more severe the infection the more antibodies one produces and it lasts longer.

It would make sense that if someone was asymptomatic they wouldn't need a vaccine if they became infected again. You know, their body fought it off without a problem.

Some of the vaccines showed 10x the amount of antibodies as compared to people who were actually infected and recovered.

It is a little ignorant to state the vaccine will not work more than a few months, wouldn't you say?

we got 331 million americans to catch this chinese weapon.

we are only at 3.5 million infections

we have a long way to go

might not be football for 2 years at this pace

Good Lord, 140,000+ deaths in 5 months and you idiots still say it's the same as the flu.
If someone died from heart failure, heart attack, car crash, cancer, they put COVID-19 on the Death Certificate & that’s a fact. I personally know several people who lost a loved one due to something other than COVID-19 & the hospital put COVID-19 as the cause of death. I also know of the practice of hospitals putting COVID-19 as the cause of death & the hospital receives 13k. The hospital receives 39 K if they put someone on a ventilator Who has COVID-19. The death rate is 60-90% in this instance.

Reactions: Ron Munson

Even more reason to let this thing runs its course while protecting the most vulnerable. The math doesn’t depend on how long antibodies last. It depends on the number of hosts available to infect. EVERY viral epidemic eventually burns out and fades away. The exception with this one is the cluster you know what caused by politicians and media.

Dude... You are talking to the wall. The news is full of folks on here. Don't want to believe that this virus is dangerous, won't follow simple instructions to help themselves and others. Talk about how it's all a hoax EVERYONE is lying (but Donald Trump). UNTIL it hits them. THEN it's a different story. Chuck Woolery would be right at home here. Hopefully the TI folks will continue to spout their drivel and never get touched by it.

I've a hint for you though. When places are bringing in refrigerated trucks to hold the bodies b/c the morgues and funeral homes can't handle the volume, things are NOT normal.

if only 3 out of 330 million have caught this thing

has it really spread like wildfire?

thats like less than a percent of a percent

we have done a tremendous job containing the spread over a 7 month period if thats all been infected

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT