ADVERTISEMENT

How many sheep are still buying global warming?

Choosing to ignore the existence of God seems to have only negative effects for the non-believer... to each his own. While choosing to ignore the existence of climate change seems to have an effect on us and every generation thereafter.

If God doesn't exist, then there are no objective moral values or duties. In that case, why should anyone even care what happens to future generations? We are all, as Richard Dawkins believes, just dancing to our DNA.

If God doesn't exist, then there are no objective moral values or duties. In that case, why should anyone even care what happens to future generations? We are all, as Richard Dawkins believes, just dancing to our DNA.

Yes, because people cannot understand how to treat others without God's existence. "Karma is a bitch" is not a learned experience...it was handed to us by the hand of God. Got it.

The existence of God not really being my overarching point.

I’m sure the 97% of climatologists who say climate change is real are all wrong.

Our political climate is a disaster. Republicans are the anti-science party and democrats are the anti-economy party.
I agree. And the economy is more important to me so I just can’t get on board with the dems.

Reactions: Steven15
I agree. And the economy is more important to me so I just can’t get on board with the dems.

Climate change is a huge economic issue. For example, Food and water scarcity in the third world and Middle East caused by epic droughts led to political instability in places like Libya and Egypt. Leading to population migrations from Africa into Middle East and Europe. Leading to instability in those regions and more recruits for terror organizations like isis.

This leads to US military intervention paid for by you. All this instabity and intervention, etc. also affects the stock market, etc.

Then dont visit and GFY

Unfortunately I have to visit. I own a house down on the battery in Charleston. The flooding has become so frequent that it is becoming a problem. I have shopped it to a few of my liberal elite friends in NYC, but no takers. I believe I will return to sell it to some local yocal who doesn't believe in global warming. Wanna buy it?

Unfortunately I have to visit. I own a house down on the battery in Charleston. The flooding has become so frequent that it is becoming a problem. I have shopped it to a few of my liberal elite friends in NYC, but no takers. I believe I will return to sell it to some local yocal who doesn't believe in global warming. Wanna buy it?
I believe in global warming I’m out. I have friends looking to buy down there. Maybe I can broker the deal.

This is the coldest winter on record and it’s aleady sniwed twice. If you still believe in this propaganda Ive got some bit coins and ocean front property to sell you.
You talking to me?

anigif_enhanced-13861-1424366576-18.gif

Go ask the mayors and the residents in Florida if Global warming is real.

Shit, man!
You have hit on it!

THEY have the answer........and, I'm heading out right now to go and ask them.

.........bought a boat and I sailed off in it..... be back in a minute

Glad you are going to do that bc they know the truth since it is already impacting them. Many of them used to be Climate deniers just like yourself. Now they realize it is hard to deny the impacts when your city is underwater.. Folks like you remind me of people who are against sex education. They just have their heads in the sand while their kids are getting pregnant.

It truly is hilarious at how the liberals and other idiots across the world have folks believing in it. If it's too warm, global warming! If it snows where it pretty much never does or is colder than usual, global warming! Just like sheep being led to the slaughter house...
Don't forget NY Governor Cuomo alarming the world that severe storms are now the rule instead of the exception, after the nor-easter a couple weeks ago... smdh

Reactions: dpotter24
You are correct that one cold winter is not statistically significant when compared with all the published data. However, I would maintain that all the published data of the 150 year record is statistically insignificant when compared with the full history of the Earth.

I dont believe we have the full history of the earth's temps to compare to. However, the data I have seen on a more long term basis (several thousand years), show a steep increase in temps.

Here is removing the Volcano effects you cite. You go before they happened to remove starting on a year or a cycle with a dip. Still a strong upward trend with those figured in unfortunately. Interestingly enough, the largest dip was in 1075 and 1976 and NASA went back almost a decade to normalize that dip out of the equation.
b02683f3-dcc4-4836-aa8c-73908b81f489-620x287.png

@yuthgi Never heard from you after I gave you the data adjusting for the volcanic activity you cited?

Glad you are going to do that bc they know the truth since it is already impacting them. Many of them used to be Climate deniers just like yourself. Now they realize it is hard to deny the impacts when your city is underwater.. Folks like you remind me of people who are against sex education. They just have their heads in the sand while their kids are getting pregnant.
You do realize half of SC was under water a while back ?? How about those glacial boulders laying around in every field near Atlanta ??

We do not know with any credible certainty which is true. Obviously, believing our universe was randomly created has more credibility than believing a supreme being waved his wand and made it all happen. It is clearly much more difficult to prove the wand was waved by God.

So, why should I believe in a God when the evidence is not really there and the alternative is much simpler series of event to believe happened? There is less evidence of God.

I suspect if you take at face value the consequences of not living with a faith in the existence God then you see the alternatives as picking between your after-life soul spending its eternity in hell or heaven.

The consequences of hell lead most to make a value decision that despite the lack of evidence there is a God, it is worth overlooking the lack of evidence and bridging that gap with a little faith. It aint worth not believing.

Other side benefits of having faith in God and thus living your life by that God's principals are a healthy lifestyle, and a society full of believers tends to equate to them treating each other better in order to achieve the prize at the end. This religious lifestyle generally has benefits to everyone around the believers.

Not a bad a scenario.

Same with climate change. It may be argued that there is not enough evidence of its existence to please the most skeptical, but the consequences of not living and behaving as if its true are a living hell on earth for the non-believer AND his/her successors on this planet.

Choosing to ignore the existence of God seems to have only negative effects for the non-believer... to each his own. While choosing to ignore the existence of climate change seems to have an effect on us and every generation thereafter.

If someone only believes to avoid punishment is it a real belief? I mean, if someone holds a gun to my head and tells me that I must say I Love you to avoid the gunshot does it really mean I love the person? Wouldn't the other person understand my belief was not sincere, especially if he is the creator of the universe?

You do realize half of SC was under water a while back ?? How about those glacial boulders laying around in every field near Atlanta ??

Yes I do. But that does not mean Global warming is not happening again and that man is contributing to it.

There’s a difference between climate and temporary weather patterns. The warming of the earth is scientifically documented, with degrees added to the average global temperature over the last century. 16 of the hottest 17 years on record have occurred since 2001. Given, this record is only about 150 years old, but the trend remains.

The poster above is right, in that fluctuations in the average temperature causes erratic weather patterns, such as the cold stretch this winter for the south. The number of violent storms experienced this past summer are also signs of general warming trends. Someone could easily turn this around and ask about the American West, which is currently having one of its warmest and driest winters in a long time.

Global warming is happening. That is not up for debate. The debate is whether or not humans are contributing to climate change, or is the earth simply going through a warming spell that will eventually smooth out.

Fig.A2.gif
You my friend are full of shit!!!

You certainly jumped a few paragraphs that I didn't write.
Really just sort kidding.
I don't do research that way.

There is no question the earth is in a warming.
In, say, 500 years we may know whether it was a blip or a trend.

What's causing it?
I don't believe anyone knows.

So, forget about me going to Florida.
I'm going Back to the Future and ask me some Dinosaurs about this warming/cooling thing.

I'm kinda getting old anyway. Maybe we can communicate better.

Maybe Al Gore will take time from reinventing the Internet and he can write a new book with a title like. Ice and Fire the real story behind the coldest winter in decades. Russian collusion with Trump has to be the reason for this season

The Global changes are earth driven and not man driven as the universe beats the hell out of us small insignificant humans

Reactions: wsessions

Climate change in S.C. is dramatic

Several hundred years ago S.C. was grasslands with limited trees

Look at us now

The seas are not rising the land is sinking

Pump some expanding foam underground and raise it back up

Don’t laugh at this as New Orleans has the same issue

Only theirs is a huge citywide problem

Al Gore is buying it.

Didn't you hear?
Last year Al bought an ocean- front mansion - the same exact year he had told us that it was irrefutable SCIENCE that the oceans would rise 10'........and yes, his film had real SCIENTISTS that PROMISED US it was absolute TRUTH!!!!

I don't think anyone will dispute that pumping inordinate amounts of carbon into the air is bad, but for the people who pretend to know exactly where that leads, are blowing hot air.

I don't know... It's NOT CARBON, it's CARBON DIOXIDE, which is NECESSARY FOR PLANT LIFE ON EARTH.

More CO2 = faster and more plant life, ie, we are MORE GREEN.

I thought GREEN was GOOD????

Al Gore is an idiot.

Funny how it was termed “Global Warming” until they realized that it is cooling. So they changed the term to “Climate Change” lol! Boy they are some witty ones. Climate Change is perfect because now, no matter which way it goes they can scream about it.

If I’m a scientist that makes my living studying Climate Change you can bet I’m going to find it. They have actually caught scientist cooking the books so to speak. Also, they won’t fund a scientist who doesn’t believe that garbage.

Say what you want; sling up any bogus report you want to, but I will go to my grave believing it’s just a bunch of horse s$!t. It’s all about money and control.

This is the coldest winter on record and it’s aleady sniwed twice. If you still believe in this propaganda Ive got some bit coins and ocean front property to sell you.

I hope everyone will take the time to listen to this guy giving information to our elected officials.

Global Warming 101

The look on the liberal’s faces is entertaining for sure.

Last edited:
I love this. A guy that does not know shvt about science tells us this. E = MC2 is bullshvt. I should know, I've got a degree in economics.

If you have been following this for years as I have, you have come to the realization that 'Global Warming' is the end all term for all things environmental for liberals. I remember years ago when there was a high number of hurricanes (i.e., Katrina, Rita, etc.) and these people were saying this was due to 'Global Warming', and expect an increasing number and intensity of hurricanes. Well guess what, we went through about a 5, 6, or 7 year period of no hurricanes effecting the US, so then you hear them say that the lack of storms was due to, guess (?), 'Global Warming'. Then you get some area of the US that have drought, 'Global Warming', then they have significant rainfall, 'Global Warming'. You have times where there is higher than average temperatures, and they say this is the beginning of the end, where temperatures will continue to rise and melt all the ice at the poles, due to...'Global Warming'. Then when this doesn't happen, and you get increasing situations where you have record cold, the liberals then go to there en-vogue theme by saying, guess (?), 'Global Warming'. So this is the catch all term. It will be eventually the term that the 'libs' will use for the rise in crime, or the push back to Christian values. We are in an endless cycle of 'Global Warming'!!!
You are so right...thinking people still think.

Reactions: clemmer
I actually know alot about science.
Do you have a degree? If so, in what? I have one in economics and another in law. I don't know shvt about science. My sister has Phd in Biology. She says global warming is real and its caused by mankind.

No scientists did not believe the earth was flat. A few early Popes did but the ancient Greeks 500 BC knew better. As long as this whole climate debate question is political, there will never be agreement. It is in fact about science. I doubt there is a single climate scientist who is a member of TI. But if there is one he/she has the knowledge base to talk about the subject. I am not a scientist but it is a fact that the scientific world is almost unanimous in its belief. I will go with that rather than Fox News.
Scientists did believe....eggs cause heart disease....that the world would be out of oil by the year 2000...margarine is healthier than butter....that the world is cooling and we would have food shortages because of it......that the cell is the smallest unit of matter, we could go on....couldn't we?

Scientists did believe....eggs cause heart disease....that the world would be out of oil by the year 2000...margarine is healthier than butter....that the world is cooling and we would have food shortages because of it......that the cell is the smallest unit of matter, we could go on....couldn't we?
So lets not believe any scientific evidence. Lets believe in what? State run Fox News.

Climate change is a huge economic issue. For example, Food and water scarcity in the third world and Middle East caused by epic droughts led to political instability in places like Libya and Egypt. Leading to population migrations from Africa into Middle East and Europe. Leading to instability in those regions and more recruits for terror organizations like isis.

This leads to US military intervention paid for by you. All this instabity and intervention, etc. also affects the stock market, etc.

Seriously, droughts have been going on for a loooong time, as has the civil unrest in the Middle East. Read the story of Joseph in the scripture. Or Elijah , or many of the prophets that foresaw and dealt with droughts. That's nothing new.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD

you are so full of crap, lived in Charleston all 90s and 2000s and flooded two to three times a month in the summer and during some full moons in fall/ winter. It's the drainage stupid or maybe you weren't there to remember the bumper stickers.
Crap like this pisses me off when people act like this is all of a sudden new

There’s a difference between climate and temporary weather patterns. The warming of the earth is scientifically documented, with degrees added to the average global temperature over the last century. 16 of the hottest 17 years on record have occurred since 2001. Given, this record is only about 150 years old, but the trend remains.

T
ever read the book Unbreakable? I quess that summer in New York he talks about qualifying for the 1936 olympics was the 17th. Some people are sheep and some people actually call bs and do a little research

ever read the book Unbreakable? I quess that summer in New York he talks about qualifying for the 1936 olympics was the 17th. Some people are sheep and some people actually call bs and do a little research
No, I have not read that book, though I’ve heard it is really good. I guess that makes me a sheep? Not sure I follow you here.

I hardly believe that not having read Unbreakable disqualifies me from referencing science. Read my other posts in this thread. I have repeated the fact that I believe a debate is warranted as to the contribution of humans to the warming of the atmosphere. You know, do that research you proclaim to so fervently engage in.

Oh, and while you’re doing that research, learn how to count. The research I quoted said that “16 of the hottest 17 years on record have occurred since 2001.” 1936 falls about, oh, 65 years before the start of that period. Also, learn the difference between a “q”and a “g” on the keyboard, but I quess that’s too much to ask.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT