ADVERTISEMENT

I just made dinner reservations for Monday night. TN is back open next week.

nashvegastiger

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2002
I’m sick and tired of reading all this bull$hit on here and all over the internet about NEVER returning to normal. We are getting back to normal sooner rather than later.

I’m having a steak at my favorite restaurant this coming Monday night!

I’ll post it on here so you can see what Freedom looks like in case you have forgotten.

Yes we will be safe. There will be social distancing involved in a restaurant at 50% capacity and maybe some masks at first. But I expect to be back to normal soon and it likely will be by June.

We are getting our lives back. There will be college football this fall. Kids will be back in college and at public school.

Older folks and people with co morbidities need to take more precautions and it may take a little longer for them.

But Younger healthier folks need to get out and get back to work. It’s time.

When the rest of the country sees what freedom looks like again people are going to start waking up and demanding their rights back or they are just simply going to start opening their businesses up and returning to normal.

Law enforcement isn’t enforcing these bull$hit shutdowns when people just start returning to work and to life.

Quit listening to all the liars out there talking about a 2nd surge and other bull$hit meant to scare you. This ain’t 1918.

No one under 30 has even died in SC. Less than 200 have died in SC overall And only 8 have died 50 and under. That’s it! There isn’t going to be a second surge in May or this fall.

Over half of the deaths and presumed deaths from Covid 19 are in 7 counties around NYC. And Many of the deaths you are seeing counted each day in NY and elsewhere are people that died from other diseases being marked as presumed Covid to get bailout money. Per the NYC Deptvof health public data 94% of Covid deaths in NYC had serious underlying health conditions. A tiny fraction were considered healthy and an even tinier fraction were under 65 and healthy. You have a far greater likelihood of dying in a car accident than dying from Covid 19.

Our hospitals are empty all over the country waiting on a surge that never came. Don’t let someone convince you a second a one is coming when other than NY there wasn’t a 1st surge. It isn’t happening because 99.9% of people that catch this live and 97% never go to a hospital when a symptomatic cases are accounted for.

Other than NY the deaths in this country are spread over 3.1 million miles. There is no large outbreak anywhere in the US right now. There are no hospitals being over run anywhere in the US. Serological testing is now confirming what we all believed early on; Millions of us have had this virus already with few or no symptoms and are now immune.

There are millions of cases that went undiagnosed that never got sick. That immunity is out there creating herd. It doesn’t take 60% to get to herd. Many great epidemiologists believe this is going to burn out and herd achieved at around 30% with social distancing.

Has it been deadly for some? Yes, it has but 75% or more of Covid Deaths would’ve died in 2020 from other diseases. You can’t live your whole life curled up in a ball at home worried about the GD boogeyman. You have get up and get out and start living. Practice social distancing and be safe but live your life.

Being outside is the safest place you can be. Get outside!

The construction industry never stopped in many states. Have you read about an outbreak at an outdoor construction site or any outdoor event yet? Has there been an outbreak from a beach or from going to the lake? No there hasn’t been one. This virus spreads inside in tightly confined spaces like subways, buses, prisons, homes, homeless shelters and nursing homes.

It’s not going to spread at an outdoor football game.

Football in Death Valley is actually going to prove to be one of the safer places to be by this fall. I will be there tailgating and so will you!

Go Tigers!!!

Last edited:
I’m sick and tired of reading all this bull$hit on here and all over the internet about NEVER returning to normal. We are getting back to normal sooner rather than later.

I’ll post it on here so you can see what Freedom looks like in case you have forgotten.

Yes we will be safe. There will be social distancing involved in a restaurant at 50% capacity and maybe some masks at first. But I expect to be back to normal soon and it likely will be by June.

We are getting our lives back. There will be college football this fall. Kids will be back in college and at public school.

Older folks and people with co morbidities need to take more precautions and it may take a little longer for them.

When the rest of the country sees what freedom looks like again people are going to start waking up and demanding their rights back or they are just simply going to start opening their businesses up and returning to normal.

Law enforcement isn’t enforcing these bull$hit shutdowns when people just start returning to work and to life.

Quit listening to all the liars out there talking about a 2nd surge and other bull$hit meant to scare you. This ain’t 1918.

No one under 30 has even died in SC. Less than 200 have died in SC overall And only 8 have died 50 and under. That’s it! There isn’t going to be a second surge in May or this fall.

Over half of the deaths and presumed deaths from Covid 19 are in 7 counties around NYC. And Many of the deaths you are seeing counted each day in NY and elsewhere are people that died from other diseases being marked as presumed Covid to get bailout money. Per the NYC Deptvof health public data 94% of Covid deaths in NYC had serious underlying health conditions. A tiny fraction were considered healthy and an even tinier fraction were under 65 and healthy. You have a far greater likelihood of dying in a car accident than dying from Covid 19.

Our hospitals are empty all over the country waiting on a surge that never came. Don’t let someone convince you a second a one is coming. It isn’t happening.

Other than NY the deaths in this country are spread over 3.1 million miles. There is no large outbreak anywhere in the US right now. There are no hospitals being over run anywhere in the US. Serological testing is now confirming what we all believed early on; Millions of us have had this virus already with few or no symptoms and are now immune.

There are millions of cases that went undiagnosed that never got sick. That immunity is out there creating herd. It doesn’t take 60% to get to heard. Many great epidemiologists believe this is going to burn out around 30% with social distancing.

Has it been deadly fir some? Yes, it has but 75% or more of Covid Deaths would’ve died in 2020 from other diseases. You can’t live your whole life curled up in a ball at home worried about the GD boogeyman. You have get up and get out and start living. Practice social distancing and be safe but live your life.

The construction industry never stopped in many states. Have you read about an outbreak at an outdoor construction site or any outdoor event yet? Has there been an outbreak from a beach or from going to the lake? No there hasn’t been one. This virus spreads inside in tightly confined spaces like subways, buses, prisons, homes, homeless shelters and nursing homes.

Football in Death Valley is actually going to prove to be one of the safer places to be by this fall. I will be there tailgating and so will you!

Go Tigers!!!
Great post. I hope you're right. Go Tigers!

Bricktops in Franklin, TN just outside of Nashville. Restaurants open again on Monday in Tennessee in 89 of 95 counties.
Maybe a lot of us could come join you? Wouldn’t be that hard. We can coordinate several dozen from different parts of the country. We’ll all just hop on flights and come hang out, eat together, chat for the night. Tickets are cheap so wouldn’t be a big deal. Would be great! I could bring my grandma too which would be great cause she’s been stuck inside for awhile cause she’s apparently immuno-compromised or whatever

Maybe a lot of us could come join you? Wouldn’t be that hard. We can coordinate several dozen from different parts of the country. We’ll all just hop on flights and come hang out, eat together, chat for the night. Tickets are cheap so wouldn’t be a big deal. Would be great! I could bring my grandma too which would be great cause she’s been stuck inside for awhile cause she’s apparently immuno-compromised or whatever
Leave your grandma home and keep her safe. We need to protect the most vulnerable populations. I’m giving a serious response to your seemingly sarcastic post because I’m 100% serious on this issue.

Our hospitals are empty all over the country waiting on a surge that never came. Don’t let someone convince you a second a one is coming when other than NY there wasn’t a 1st surge. It isn’t happening because 99.9% of people that catch this live and 97% never go to a hospital when a symptomatic cases are accounted for.

There are millions of cases that went undiagnosed that never got sick. That immunity is out there creating herd. It doesn’t take 60% to get to herd. Many great epidemiologists believe this is going to burn out and herd achieved at around 30% with social distancing.

Has it been deadly for some? Yes, it has but 75% or more of Covid Deaths would’ve died in 2020 from other diseases. You can’t live your whole life curled up in a ball at home worried about the GD boogeyman. You have get up and get out and start living. Practice social distancing and be safe but live your life.

Go Tigers!!!
Super. I'm glad for you. You guys will be kind of like the canary in the coal mine. First out. Sniff around. See what happens. Freedom, baby...

Reactions: nashvegastiger

Go Tigers!!!
Georgian here. Felt great to get back in the gym yesterday.

They took my temperature at the door, sanitized my hands & phone, and asked a couple basic questions before letting me in.

They said they were only allowing 10 people in at a time (small gym) and are giving everybody a 1-hour time limit. There were only 2 other people there when I went yesterday afternoon around 4:00.

They had a “box” of red tape marked on the floor around each machine - keeping everybody 6ft apart.

Seems like they did a great job of being able to open back up while still following precautionary guidelines.

Go Tigers!!!
I’m with you baby! Restaurants aren’t open here yet but as soon as they are I’ll be supporting the ones that have made it! Those folks need our help bad!

so what happened in New York?

seriously, how did NY become this exception?

NYC has 27,000 people per square mile and is the outlier in North America. There is no other city like it in America that is so dense and relies so heavily upon subways and buses for public transportation.

Subways were the vector as this virus spread freely for weeks on the subway system. This virus is spread with prolonged exposure in close proximity to infected persons. Riders from The Bronx and areas outside of Manhattan spent over an hour each way on the subway systems with thousands of new people getting on and off at each stop.

Add to it the climate of NYC and the densely populated apartment buildings with people packed into 500-1000 SF apartments you have perfect Petri dishes for virus / community spread that does not exist anywhere else in the US.

The subways continued to run throughout the shutdown.

Then look at the poor health of many of the citizens. A full 94% of deaths in NY occurred with persons that already had serious health problems.

LA has 18 million people but it is more like one giant continuous suburb. Residents spend hours alone in their cars riding to work. Add in the sunlight and warmer temps and it didn’t spread as quickly but millions still caught it but we’re a asymptomatic.

Once we became educated about the virus and started using social distancing this became an effective tool to slow the spread combined with a far less dense population it became less dearly. I live in a 1 house per acre neighborhood.

Even with all of that there likely tens of thousands that already have had it here in TN too. Serological studies show 20x to 85x the reported infections have occurred. But It’s asymptomatic to 90+% of the people. Unlike NY We are not tagging every elderly person that dies of a heart attack as a Covid death unless they actually tested positive. Accounting for asymptomatic cases the hospitalization rate is sound .02% and the CFR is around .1% to .3% outside of NY.

Year over Year 2020 to 2019 even with 18,000+ Covid related deaths in NY there are only about 3,500 more deaths overall in NY than last year. This virus killed many of the same people that would’ve died of pneumonia or the flu or other causes last year.

Last edited:

Go Tigers!!!

While I agree with the vast majority of your post, I swear that I will lose it if we come back too soon from this and we cannot have CFB.

Yes, I am staying in to help ease the health care system and help those that are vulnerable, but I just do not want to lose CFB. Call me selfish, but that’s where I am coming from. I am more than OK to sacrifice some of this time so we play in the fall. Maybe I need to not love football so much (meh...).

I love the idea that your restaurant is doing. Still would stay away from a gym (those are filthy in the first place), but agree it is time to crank things back up slowly.

Plus, this has been hard on my family. We both work and it is not easy with the kids. I am lucky that I have a wonderful job and boss that understands, but I am surprisingly busy with folks that actually wanting to buy software (lucky and blessed). That is keeping me away from the kids and the wife needs uninterrupted time for her job.

Enjoy the steak!!!

Georgian here. Felt great to get back in the gym yesterday.

They took my temperature at the door, sanitized my hands & phone, and asked a couple basic questions before letting me in.

They said they were only allowing 10 people in at a time (small gym) and are giving everybody a 1-hour time limit. There were only 2 other people there when I went yesterday afternoon around 4:00.

They had a “box” of red tape marked on the floor around each machine - keeping everybody 6ft apart.

Seems like they did a great job of being able to open back up while still following precautionary guidelines.
I’m so damn jealous. My gym is run by Prisma and has a lot of older PTs rehabbing so I’m afraid it’ll be slower to open.

Go Tigers!!!

Great post. Now they need to get the Walker Course reopened. No COVID deaths in the Clemson area and only a couple of isolated cases even reported. We were social distancing with only one person per cart before envious, authoritarian, "goody two shoes" political, non-golfer pressure shut us down. Thank goodness Boscobel and all the other golf courses in the area were more practical and have remained open. And guess what, no one has become infected at any of these courses as far as any of my golfer friends and I are aware. So, I say it's time to make America "free" again! Release the Walker Course!

Go Tigers!!!
hdifu6X.gif

So, how long until the second wave lockdown? I’m thinking November, but with fun like this it could be much much sooner.

Good luck on beating the virus, if you get it and live through it there can be permanent lung damage, so you always have that to look forward to.

So, how long until the second wave lockdown? I’m thinking November, but with fun like this it could be much much sooner.

Good luck on beating the virus, if you get it and live through it there can be permanent lung damage, so you always have that to look forward to.
Statistically he has very little to worry about. If you actually read the numbers coming out. He will probably die if you only watch CNN.

While I agree that it's time to begin trying to get closer to normal around most of the country, the idea that a second wave is out of the question is insanity to me.

All that has been proven to this point is that we can slow the spread by staying in our homes.

The idea that no one outside of NYC risks a similar situation if things go back too quick and/or dont adjust is asinine.

Like I said...I'm happy a few states are beginning to get back closer to normal and would argue that SC needs to do the same. However, the rest of the OP about there not being a chance of a second wave and such was nonsense.

We need to slowly (50% capacity, etc) open and monitor the results. Being a coronavirus truther is no better than the opposite forever bunker mentality.

Reactions: TheCheif and ddot7

It's this little thing called population density that allows pathogens to spread at much faster rates in areas that have higher densities than others. This is also the reason Italy was hit so much harder than lots of other places (look at the population densities of almost all Italian towns/cities in comparison to that of the US). It's pretty easy to social distance in your own house on your own land than it is in cities where people live stacked upon each other in buildings, where you can come in contact with pathogens just leaving the lobby of your building. It's really not hard to understand.

Waaaay more dense population using cramped public transportation. Also it began spreading there. In most other areas, they locked down before the spread started so they avoided it, so far. About half of what OP said is incorrect but I support his ability to go out and eat if the places are open and states willingness to test the waters.

Have fun staying in your home until there’s a vaccine.

While I agree that it's time to begin trying to get closer to normal around most of the country, the idea that a second wave is out of the question is insanity to me.

All that has been proven to this point is that we can slow the spread by staying in our homes.

The idea that no one outside of NYC risks a similar situation if things go back too quick and/or dont adjust is asinine.

Like I said...I'm happy a few states are beginning to get back closer to normal and would argue that SC needs to do the same. However, the rest of the OP about there not being a chance of a second wave and such was nonsense.

We need to slowly (50% capacity, etc) open and monitor the results. Being a coronavirus truther is no better than the opposite forever bunker mentality.

I am observing every CDC guideline related to social distancing while we slowly re open. We are going to be fine. Don’t read too much into the emotion of my post and read over the part that acknowledges social distancing over shutdowns. I am a highly intelligent person that has done my research. We are going to be okay. The virus is real but there is not going to be a 2nd surge or a need for a complete shutdown again.

Last edited:

Go Tigers!!!

Read the mayor of Nashville's plan. It should be adopted everywhere. If cases do spike we will need to roll it back but it is time to get back to normal

I am observing every CDC guideline related to social distancing while we slowly re open. We are going to be fine. Don’t read too much into the emotion of my post and read over the party’s that acknowledge social distancing over shutdowns. I am a highly intelligent person that has done my research. We are going to be okay. The virus is real but there is not going to be a 2nd surge or a need for a complete shutdown again.
Dont have any problems with what's going on in TN, GA, etc so what you're doing IMO is fine. Like I said, SC should be right there next to you.

I just bristle at the idea that there cant be a second wave, it's not very deadly, etc rhetoric that is pervasive on this board lately.

Like I said...all that has been proven to this point is that the spread can be slowed to a crawl by staying home.

Now it's time to see what happens when you go to 50% capacity and all that. But it needs to be a slow process from there as we get good data on what's happening at that point.

While I agree with most of your post there I don't think there is going to be fans at college football this Sept.

With that I don't think Football will happen as scheduled.

Also as long as Trump is saying stupid things at his press conference and blasting stupid things on Twitter the Media will control the spin which will in turn control the narrative.

Man I would absolutely love for Trump to stick to his script and get off Twitter. He would be unbeatable in November.

Reactions: nsp1996

I’m a man of reason and science. I’ve studied the numbers. The hospitalization rate in TN is .02% and the CFR is less than .01%.

I’ll take my 99.99% chances of safety while practicing CDC guidelines of social distancing to protect others.

Statistically you have no ****ing clue what you’re talking about. Good luck out there.

I’m a man of reason and science. I’ve done my research. The hospitalization rate in TN when accounting for asympotomatic cases is .02% and the CFR is < .01%.

I’ll take my 99.99% chance of safety while practicing the CDC guidelines for social distancing to protect others and myself.

A buddy of mine is an Emergency Room Physicians Assistant, his hospital is 60+% empty.
If he’s not working the Covid floor, he’s not doing anything. They are cutting hours and laying people off. His wife is a women’s golf coach at a Power 5 school and is due with their second child in July.
He’s worried about loosing his high paying job, not having football season this year, which would crush all other non revenue sports, and therefore eliminating the women’s golf program, and his wife loosing her job.
The people that he’s treating are really sick, and most with heart conditions, COPD or other underlying conditions and elderly.
We need to open
There will be a second wave, but nothing like the first, and we’ll be better prepared.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT