ADVERTISEMENT

I, personally don’t think it’s ok for an ex-president to sell classified info about our nuclear weapons

This isn't what the story is though. Re: the warrant, my understanding is that the federal judge has to sign off on the release of it- DOJ motioned yesterday for its release.

Sounds like FBI knowledge of potential nuclear secrets is a fairly recent development due to an informant giving them a tip. Previously, the Archives was negotiating over other less important stuff - this was about something different.
Maybe thatll prove to be the case. I dont know sht either. But what i cant get over is 2 days of silence given the gravity of the action taken. Thats what makes all the blanks to be filled in seem like they wont paint fbi/doj in a good light to me. Looks like a panic pow wow to come up with a story. Given their recent track record thats what id place my betting money on.

Do you see how even this response is unnecessarily antagonistic? All I did was ask a question - it's very weird to be so combative over it.

My point is that, even if what you say is true, wouldn't the reasonable thing be to wait and see how the facts unfold first? Feels very "team sports" without a real interest in what happened.
Settle down, no one is upset.

I do enjoy the irony of your second paragraph.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Maybe thatll prove to be the case. I dont know sht either. But what i cant get over is 2 days of silence given the gravity of the action taken. Thats what makes all the blanks to be filled in seem like they wont paint fbi/doj in a good light to me. Looks like a panic pow wow to come up with a story. Given their recent track record thats what id place my betting money on.
If the story is true, wouldn't that make it more (not less) likely, that the DOJ/FBI would need be quiet about specifics given the national security implications?

When libs sound the alarm at every single opportunity, others begin to ignore them. Not to mention, how many sure fire times has Trump been accused? Each and every time it’s been a witch hunt hoax.

This man has you guys bent 6 ways to Sunday, and 24/7/365.
Yeah, it’s called having principles. Believing in honestly, integrity, responsibility. Trumpism takes a shit on those and that bugs the crap out of some of us. Obviously, those that benefit from Trumpism will defend it till the end. Something being beneficial doesn’t make it right. Trumpism is a cancer eating away at the soul of our nation. Constant conspiracies, victim hood, attack on real patriots, it is bringing out the worse in people.

Yeah, it’s called having principles. Believing in honestly, integrity, responsibility. Trumpism takes a shit on those and that bugs the crap out of some of us. Obviously, those that benefit from Trumpism will defend it till the end. Something being beneficial doesn’t make it right. Trumpism is a cancer eating away at the soul of our nation. Constant conspiracies, victim hood, attack on real patriots, it is bringing out the worse in people.
Taking Trump out of this…

You believe Biden, Hillary, etc.. have “principles”? “Integrity?” “Honesty?”

Please don’t lose your credibility here…

Is your implication that it is team sports to let the facts settle out?
Getting Trump, has never once been about “the facts”.

What happens to Trump has zero bearing on my life. I voted for him, and I like his policies. However, his well being affects libs far more than it does mine.

Your 2 days argument is beyond stupid and let me explain why. Because everyone is considered innocent until proven guilty, they NEVER share what they are doing because it could hurt someone’s reputation. So it is the normal policy to not announce the search or make public comments about an investigation.

In this particular case, Trump himself is the one who outed himself. He is the one who went public with it and LIED about their degree of cooperation publicly. Obviously the numb nuts on the right ate it up and this sparked an outrage. To the point where FBI/DOJ are receiving death threats from you guys and one MAGA idiot tried to breach the FBI office in Cincinnati. So congrats, people are dying because of your stupidity.

So, the DOJ had to respond to this outrage and called Trump’s bluff. He chose to make this public, they’re saying okay, let’s show the world what we are were looking for.

You people are sick, Trump could molest a child in a live stream and you would be defending Trump ( “the child deserved it”, “the child was a leftist and had it coming”, “this was the daughter of an FBI agent”, “it was payback”). As much as the woke mindset is a mental illness, you guys are absolutely insane.
What are you on about? Innocent until proven guilty? Fks that have to do with anything here. Idno what you convinced yourself i sad, but my 2 days statement were the 2 days after the raid. They aint protecting anyone but themselves staying silent after executing an fbi raid on a former president for that long.

for the rest of your unhinged rant…calm your farm. I dont give a sht about trump, my problem is with the doj and fbi and im not so clearly blinded by hatred to see reality for what it is. Im worried about the road weaponizing govt entities takes us down. Its trump today and you eat it up like a simpleton. Some of us can see past lunchtime. This wont end at trump.

and god bless ya you are a special one. No one should be making death threats and they should be prosecuted. But uhhh death threats does not equal people are dying bud. While theyre at it maybe they can actually address death threats the supreme court received recently. They sat in silence then but hey priorities right? Right and wrong dont have a party. While were at it neither do i dipsht. Develop some principles that arent limited by your politics and know your sht if youre gonna make assumptions about someone. Better to stay silent and thought an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt. And while youre gettin learned calm the hell down peter pan

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73 and DW4_2016
Taking Trump out of this…

You believe Biden, Hillary, etc.. have “principles”? “Integrity?” “Honesty?”

Please don’t lose your credibility here…
Another example of whataboutism. Instead of looking automatically at the other side, try some introspection.

I cannot stand Hillary. And the Hunter Biden stuff stinks, something is not right there. But I fail to see how this legitimizes Trumpism. Are you saying that to address shit politics, we need to make them even more rotten? That the solution isn’t to push for integrity and responsibility but to make things worse? Accepting lies and conspiracies helps some of you guys. Fixing the system and holding ALL politicians accountable would help ALL of us.

Getting Trump, has never once been about “the facts”.

What happens to Trump has zero bearing on my life. I voted for him, and I like his policies. However, his well being affects libs far more than it does mine.
No, but you said my post was ironic. My point was that it's weird to dismiss the story out of hand and be reflexively defensive when 1) it would be a pretty BFD if true and 2) you could just probably wait a week for the warrant to be unsealed (assuming judge grants DOJ motion). I just don't think that comes off as good faith.

I guess I just don't see the irony here?

Reactions: NC prowler
Another example of whataboutism. Instead of looking automatically at the other side, try some introspection.

I cannot stand Hillary. And the Hunter Biden stuff stinks, something is not right there. But I fail to see how this legitimizes Trumpism. Are you saying that to address shit politics, we need to make them even more rotten? That the solution isn’t to push for integrity and responsibility but to make things worse? Accepting lies and conspiracies helps some of you guys. Fixing the system and holding ALL politicians accountable would help ALL of us.
Simply put.. if Trump is guilty of whatever, then he’s guilty. I’m not losing a bit of sleep over that. His policies however, line up with my way of thinking.

“Trumpism”, “leftism”.. etc, is for people with too much time in their hands. I’m too busy running my life to act this way. I like Trump, but Trump’s well being (again) has no bearing on my life.

No, but you said my post was ironic. My point was that it's weird to dismiss the story out of hand and be reflexively defensive when 1) it would be a pretty BFD if true and 2) you could just probably wait a week for the warrant to be unsealed (assuming judge grants DOJ motion). I just don't think that comes off as good faith.

I guess I just don't see the irony here?
See above.

What are you on about? Innocent until proven guilty? Fks that have to do with anything here. Idno what you convinced yourself i sad, but my 2 days statement were the 2 days after the raid. They aint protecting anyone but themselves staying silent after executing an fbi raid on a former president for that long.

for the rest of your unhinged rant…calm your farm. I dont give a sht about trump, my problem is with the doj and fbi and im not so clearly blinded by hatred to see reality for what it is. Im worried about the road weaponizing govt entities takes us down. Its trump today and you eat it up like a simpleton. Some of us can see past lunchtime. This wont end at trump.

and god bless ya you are a special one. No one should be making death threats and they should be prosecuted. But uhhh death threats does not equal people are dying bud. While theyre at it maybe they can actually address death threats the supreme court received recently. They sat in silence then but hey priorities right? Right and wrong dont have a party. While were at it neither do i dipsht. Develop some principles that arent limited by your politics and know your sht if youre gonna make assumptions about someone. Better to stay silent and thought an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt. And while youre gettin learned calm the hell down peter pan
Omg you are dense. It is modus operandi to never comment even after the warrant is executed. Not one day after, not two days after, not a week after, not a month after. Silence IS the norm. That is what is supposed to happen and somehow you are saying that doing what they were supposed to do is an admission of guilt. How are you not getting that the fact they actually HAD to comment is the absolute exception and not the norm. They had to because of the public circus Trump created. So, you are criticizing them for doing exactly what they were supposed to do, quietly collecting evidence as part of an investigation and not make this public.

You must not keep up with the news. I wasn’t talking about theoretical, the guy that attacked the FBI office got shot dead. So, all this outrage against the FBI led one guy to think “enough is enough” (from their perspective) and the guy is now dead. Why? Because instead of letting this thing play out and gathering the facts, a bunch of MAGA idiots jumped to conclusions and are riling everyone up. How many more are going to happen before you guys stop criticizing people for doing their jobs and inventing grand conspiracies.

Funny, when someone gets shot by a cop for not cooperating, you guys are like “they should have listened to their instructions”. But when Trump illegally takes classified documents to a golf course, you blame for the FBI for trying to get them back. Trump had months and a subpoena to return the docs. He chose not to. But hey, let’s blame the guys that had to go pick them up, Trump is absolutely not to blame for doing something illegal that could jeopardize national security (nuclear weapons docs), why in the effing world would you ever have classified nuclear weapons info at a golf course? Please show me the logic that makes you think it is okay and that Trump is a victim in doing so?

Btw, I agree with you here.

Simply put.. if Trump is guilty of whatever, then he’s guilty. I’m not losing a bit of sleep over that. His policies however, line up with my way of thinking.

“Trumpism”, “leftism”.. etc, is for people with too much time in their hands. I’m too busy running my life to act this way. I like Trump, but Trump’s well being (again) has no bearing on my life.
I appreciate your honesty. You are saying that Trump was beneficial (his policies aligned with yours / helped your situation ). That’s exactly what I was saying, some people with put up with the conspiracies and lies because the approach has been beneficial.

it’s an interesting problem to be honest. How do you give people incentives to push for a fair system if the fair system isn’t immediately beneficial. A lot of people are voting out of repulsion instead of attraction these days. I don’t have an easy solution to recommend.

I appreciate your honesty. You are saying that Trump was beneficial (his policies aligned with yours / helped your situation ). That’s exactly what I was saying, some people with put up with the conspiracies and lies because the approach has been beneficial.

it’s an interesting problem to be honest. How do you give people incentives to push for a fair system if the fair system isn’t immediately beneficial. A lot of people are voting out of repulsion instead of attraction these days. I don’t have an easy solution to recommend.
I’ll say my faith steers my outlook. Policies which support that outlook steer my votes. I agree with Dems in regards to helping others, and I surely am not the country club elite living type. I despise those circles…

Reactions: ctcseb
I’ll say my faith steers my outlook. Policies which support that outlook steer my votes. I agree with Dems in regards to helping others, and I surely am not the country club elite living type. I despise those circles…

The challenge for many of us as it pertains to Trump is this, I don't hate many of his policies, they helped me personally financially. I absolutely despised him as a human and couldn't stomach having him as the representative of our country. I also think his brand of politics empowers and emboldens a really scary part of America. I hate his constant lies and victimhood. That dude started on Third base, f'ed it up multiple times, never earned a thing in his life, and claims to be for the common man. He's a complete fraud and always has been.

I personally felt that it was more important to eliminate Trump from that role, knowing full well that it might hurt me personally.

I am very moderate politically. I am socially very liberal and fiscally pretty conservative. I believe in hard work and benefitting from that. I don't demonize people who have worked hard and achieved. I don't believe everybody should get a trophy. Earning something should give one a sense of accomplishment and pride. I believe firmly in the concept of Toxic Charity.

I so badly want to have a political choice that is moderate, smart, and has some freaking common sense.

The challenge for many of us as it pertains to Trump is this, I don't hate many of his policies, they helped me personally financially. I absolutely despised him as a human and couldn't stomach having him as the representative of our country. I also think his brand of politics empowers and emboldens a really scary part of America. I hate his constant lies and victimhood. That dude started on Third base, f'ed it up multiple times, never earned a thing in his life, and claims to be for the common man. He's a complete fraud and always has been.

I personally felt that it was more important to eliminate Trump from that role, knowing full well that it might hurt me personally.

I am very moderate politically. I am socially very liberal and fiscally pretty conservative. I believe in hard work and benefitting from that. I don't demonize people who have worked hard and achieved. I don't believe everybody should get a trophy. Earning something should give one a sense of accomplishment and pride. I believe firmly in the concept of Toxic Charity.

I so badly want to have a political choice that is moderate, smart, and has some freaking common sense.
If more thought this way, America would be an even better place.

Some serious truth to this......

This isn't true, they tried multiple ways to get the documents back including subpoenas. Why is this so hard to understand. The Trump team said they turned all documents back in, then a whiteness said that they had not and told the FBI where they were. They then executed a search warrant because the ex-president is a liar and they got the missing documents.

All Trump had to do was actually not be a liar and scumbag. Not possible for that guy apparently.

This isn't true, they tried multiple ways to get the documents back including subpoenas. Why is this so hard to understand. The Trump team said they turned all documents back in, then a whiteness said that they had not and told the FBI where they were. They then executed a search warrant because the ex-president is a liar and they got the missing documents.

All Trump had to do was actually not be a liar and scumbag. Not possible for that guy apparently.
But none of that has been proven as of yet so how can you possibly form that opinion? Trump's legal team has openly advised that isn't true and he has been collaborating with law enforcement. He's also suggested they unseal the search warrant so seems like he doesn't have anything to hide.

It's hard to understand because it's presently being countered and none of us were there to see what did or didn't happen. You're no less guilty of jumping to conclusions than anyone else on here.

Also ask yourself why the FBI didn't leave the warrant with the attorneys or even present it to the attorneys, why they wouldn't let the attorneys enter the house to watch the search and why they asked for the cameras to be turned off during the search? Are those all lies also?

If this turns out to be true, that he had classified nuclear secrets and did not turn them back in when subpoenaed, and actually his them at Mar a Lago. That's pretty impossible to defend
Dude... Are you kidding me? Have you not been paying attention these last few years? OF COURSE Trumpians will defend him. This is DONALD TRUMP we are talking about. Above the law and the rules do apply to him.

In this thread before someone says that the Deep State snuck the documents into the papers that Trump took to Florida to frame him. He had no idea they were there.

But none of that has been proven as of yet so how can you possibly form that opinion? Trump's legal team has openly advised that isn't true and he has been collaborating with law enforcement. He's also suggested they unseal the search warrant so seems like he doesn't have anything to hide.

It's hard to understand because it's presently being countered and none of us were there to see what did or didn't happen. You're no less guilty of jumping to conclusions than anyone else on here.

Also ask yourself why the FBI didn't leave the warrant with the attorneys or even present it to the attorneys, why they wouldn't let the attorneys enter the house to watch the search and why they asked for the cameras to be turned off during the search? Are those all lies also?

You accuse me of believing what I'm told, and then in the same breath you believe Donald Trump, who has the single worst track record for honesty of any president in history.

The FBI basically said yesterday all of that was out and put lies. I truly don't think they'd do that on TV in a press conference if they didn't feel very certain that they were right.

Dude, I wish I could like this more than once. While I dislike Trump (but do like some of his policies) I agree with this totally.

I'll be honest, when Obama left office and Trump came in, my life didn't change at all. When Trump left office and Biden came in, my life didn't change at all. If Hillary had been elected President instead of Trump, my life wouldn't have changed. If Trump had been reelected, ditto.

I don't love any of these folks. If they broke the law, charge them, try them, convict them and put them in jail. If that were to happen (to one or all of them), oddly enough my life wouldn't change at all.

Dude, I wish I could like this more than once. While I dislike Trump (but do like some of his policies) I agree with this totally.

I'll be honest, when Obama left office and Trump came in, my life didn't change at all. When Trump left office and Biden came in, my life didn't change at all. If Hillary had been elected President instead of Trump, my life wouldn't have changed. If Trump had been reelected, ditto.

I don't love any of these folks. If they broke the law, charge them, try them, convict them and put them in jail. If that were to happen (to one or all of them), oddly enough my life wouldn't change at all.
We agree.

They really are pointless but its impossible to fire idiots these days. Besides we might not need to bother dealing with that

Someone just needs to let the alphabet mafia/outrage mob on twitter in on a piece of outrage material in american history they apparently havent learned about yet - who j edgar hoover really was. Well…aside from the whole moonlighting as a drag queen thing. Good chance the twitter outrage will get the white house to cancel it by georgia tech. Dont need to wait until the next election this way or deal with the drama

i think Biden needs to put us all under quarantine and masks again for all the crap we are breathing from everywhere and every side

The atmosphere we breath is totally polluted with crap

They really are pointless but its impossible to fire idiots these days. Besides we might not need to bother dealing with that

Someone just needs to let the alphabet mafia/outrage mob on twitter in on a piece of outrage material in american history they apparently havent learned about yet - who j edgar hoover really was. Well…aside from the whole moonlighting as a drag queen thing. Good chance the twitter outrage will get the white house to cancel it by georgia tech. Dont need to wait until the next election this way or deal with the drama

You are totally right

My dad worked for the government

You promote incompetence up was what he told me

He always said if you are stupid enough, crooked enough , lied enough and lived long enough you would be the head of the government agency you worked for

He keeps getting proved right

If the story is true, wouldn't that make it more (not less) likely, that the DOJ/FBI would need be quiet about specifics given the national security implications?
As it pertains to the specific words on the supposed highly classified info? Sure i dont expect em to read it out loud.

but if the ag signs off on an fbi raid of a former president there is no possible justification for not being prepared to immediately address what happened. No one would reasonably expect specific details of what they were seeking, but the specifics of what led to that ie how and when they learned whatever they did to raid the place, some generic info on the nature of what they were looking for etc. Can be done very easily without threatening national security

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Hard core Trumpers salivated at the thought of locking Hillary up, but when the FBI executes a warrant for Donnie illegally keeping top secret material at his house, you’ll hear every excuse and smear of the DoJ, FBI, Biden, and the Virgin Mary under the sun.

Just come out and admit it. You don’t give a damn about the rule of law. You don’t give a damn about being a forthright person. If Trump wants to play dictator and make you broken souls feel half-way valued, it’s all fair game

You are totally right

My dad worked for the government

You promote incompetence up was what he told me

He always said if you are stupid enough, crooked enough , lied enough and lived long enough you would be the head of the government agency you worked for

He keeps getting proved right
In a way i almost respect the way people fail upwards in govt roles. My queen christine lagarde is blazing a first ballot hof failing upwards career. Some highlights:

dodges jail in france because shes a public figure…seriously

Following that…as a lawyer with no financial background becomes head of the imf where she proceeds to hand argentina the largest bailout ever

They blew up within a year

she parlayed this success into becoming the head of the ecb where shes overseen record inflation, the euro dropping to parity with the dollar, and has a plan to have a plan to address inflation while maintaining accommodative monetary policy - this disaster has a lot of playing out in front of it

which shell inevitably parlay into head of the eu.

just a spectacular career of consistently demonstrating unparalleled incompetence…all the while continually being promoted to more influential roles where she could create greater levels of economic carnage. Absolute legend

You accuse me of believing what I'm told, and then in the same breath you believe Donald Trump, who has the single worst track record for honesty of any president in history.

The FBI basically said yesterday all of that was out and put lies. I truly don't think they'd do that on TV in a press conference if they didn't feel very certain that they were right.
Sorry, I'm not accusing you.......apologies, you're a voice from a different perspective that I'm usually happy to hear from. If it came across as an accusation, I do apologize.

Biden has a track record for lying, Obama has a track record for lying, Bush has a track record for lying.......you see where I'm going with this right? Who are you benchmarking against Trump as the biggest liar ever? Please don't say fact checking sites or I'm retracting my apology above :)

Has the FBI come out and said they now have the document? Did they say they knew he had the document when he left office? Did they say they asked for those specific documents in the subpoena? There are a ton of questions that need to be answered before I'm ready to charge him with a crime.

Plenty of presidents have taken plenty of documents with them on the way out, I'd be willing to bet that at least a few of the thousands of outstanding documents Obama has not returned to the Archive are sensitive in nature. When we storming his house in Chicago?

Do conservatives not realize that they dismiss out of hand any news that doesn't fit a pro-Trump narrative?

Like, even if you are skeptical, the normal reaction to this story would be something like "wow, that's crazy, would definitely be concerning if true". Just comes off as very bad faith.
Do libs not realize that the media is so leftist bias that nothing they say can be taken seriously?

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT