ADVERTISEMENT

Iran attacks Israel.

vatiger1

Woodrush
Gold Member
May 22, 2003
Looks like the Middle East theater is real now. Iran launch missiles/drone attacks tonight.

Going to be interesting how much the US participates and supports Israel now.

The attack doesn’t appear to be as severe as it could have been (still waiting for a firm answer about Iran using or not using ballistic missiles).

It’s in Iran’s interest to draw this out as long as they can.

Update: Iran indeed launched ballistic missiles. That’s a significant escalation

Last edited:
Hundreds of drones with ballistics. Seems like a wait and see from Israeli side. Iron dome and David’s sling will intercept. Not sure if US is intercepting in Iraqi airspace.

World War 3 jack ....
Ice Cream GIF by GIPHY News

Israel’s response will be interesting. Wasn’t much substance there tonight.

Bad idea if they want to exist in June….
I suspect the Iranian regime is more stable than we’d like to think.

Saudi Arabia’s military is incompetent. We prop up a murderous, Islamic theocracy lead by a sociopath that sentences people to death for tweets. Absurd, and a shame

I suspect the Iranian regime is more stable than we’d like to think.

Saudi Arabia’s military is incompetent. We prop up a murderous, Islamic theocracy lead by a sociopath that sentences people to death for tweets. Absurd, and a shame
Far from elite. Not as incompetent as they were 10-20 years ago. No different than Iran in that regard though. Enemy of my enemy and all that, i suppose though…

Far from elite. Not as incompetent as they were 10-20 years ago. No different than Iran. Enemy of my enemy and all that, though…
What has Saudi Arabia achieved against the Houthis?

Is Iran’s military any better? I doubt it, but they’re more self-reliant and resilient in my estimation. The Iraq-Iran war was a horror show, and it didn’t break the regime. There’s simply no comparison between their culture and the invention of “Saudi” Arabia

The enemy of my enemy stuff has brought us nothing but trouble. We didn’t want Mosaddegh running Iran, so we launched a coup and helped install the shah. Then we wonder why these people hate us ?

Last edited:
Reactions: fcctiger12
Just the facts.

Trump brokered historic peace deals between

Israel and Sudan
Israel and UAE
Israel and Bahrain
Israel and Morocco

Biden brokered devastating wars between

Israel and Palestine
Israel and Iran
Ukraine and Russia

One president represents peace and strength.

One president has lead the world to the brink of world war.

America, the choice is yours.

Obama quietly made several notable changes to the language on ballistic missiles in the Iran Nuclear Deal that allowed Iran to continue ballistic missile development.

The JCPOA’s Key Requirements stated that for eight years ballistic missile restrictions would remain in place. This assertion was repeatedly put forth by the Obama Administration.

But buried deep within the JCPOA, on page 99 (of 104 total) in Annex B (3) resides the actual language: "Iran is called upon not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology, until the date eight years after the JCPOA Adoption Day or until the date on which the IAEA submits a report confirming the Broader Conclusion, whichever is earlier."

Called upon. Designed to be capable. Crucial differences versus the original language contained within the earlier UN Resolution 1929: "Iran shall not undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using ballistic missile technology, and that States shall take all necessary measures to prevent the transfer of technology or technical assistance to Iran related to such activities."

Those changes were not made by accident - and the slight variances would prove crucial. After the JCPOA went into effect, Iran worked diligently to bolster its ballistic missile capabilities and began building missile complexes in Syria and Lebanon.

Additionally, because of the Sunset Clauses inserted by Obama, the international arms embargo imposed on Iran expired on October 18, 2020.

This meant that the supply, sale, or transfer of “any battle tanks, armored combat vehicles, large caliber artillery systems, combat aircraft, attack helicopters, warships, missiles, or missile systems to Iran would no longer require U.N. Security Council approval.”

U.N. member-states would also no longer be obligated to prevent the supply, sale, or transfer of arms or related material from Iran.

As predicted in a 2019 report, “the expiration of this arms embargo would have immediate destabilizing consequences for Yemen, Bahrain, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Israel. Terror organizations like the Islamic Revolutionary Guard, Hezbollah, and Hamas would become the likely beneficiaries of this sunset provision.”

We now know with certainty that this prediction was entirely valid.

Side note: Every link I had for the JCPOA - links that were active and functional in late 2023 - now show as "forbidden" when I try to access them.

Reactions: TigerRagRob

You know who didn’t give Iran billions of dollars?

President Trump.

Obama sent Iran pellets of cash.

Biden sent Iran billions of dollars when he waived sanctions against them.

Now the world is that much closer to WW3.

It could have all been prevented.

It is all on purpose. Because if you are too stupid to know that giving terrorists billions of dollars will result in terror attacks you shouldn’t run a McDonalds, much less the free world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT