ADVERTISEMENT

Love the smell of checks and balances in the morning

The problem is with this most recent ruling. As Sotomayor said -
"Orders the Navy's Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival?" Justice Sotomayor wrote. "Immune."
"Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune."
"Even if these nightmare scenarios never play out, and I pray they never do, the damage has been done," Justice Sotomayor wrote. "In every use of official power, the President is now a king above the law."
Lol even CNN analysts said how radical and over the top she is being.

Those are scare tactics by a radical judge who quite frankly is completely irrelevant now. Her seat is irrelevant. Her opinion, also irrelevant.

The opinion of the Supreme Court is going to help prevent political persecution in the future. The dems got what they deserved today. When you try to jail your political opponents this is what happens. Checks and balances.

dem success GIF

The irony here is that @gcsoccer16 has such a hard on for Trump that he posted a title in total conflict with the ruling. The Supreme Court ruled that there are no checks and balances for a president which is why so many are concerned for our future.
I'd be willing to bet that @gcsoccer16 (not trying to speak for you sir) feels exactly the way I do. He doesn't love Trump, but he is voting for him over the dead man walking y'all put forth as a candidate. Who's next, Kamala? You people are so stupid. You painted yourself in a corner by cheating in 2020.

I'd be willing to bet

Why don't you tell all of us about "checks and balances"? The FLOOR IS YOURS! Otherwise, sit in the corner and STFU.
Well...I could use some money.
Typical Demonrat!

A true republican would never accept money from me. They don't need my "hand-out".

REPUBLICANS ARE PROUD AMERICANS!

You ain't one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
"Orders the Navy's Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival?" Justice Sotomayor wrote. "Immune."
"Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune."
"Even if these nightmare scenarios never play out, and I pray they never do, the damage has been done," Justice Sotomayor wrote. "In every use of official power, the President is now a king above the law."
Keep believing what you are force-fed.
Just think, you won't have to worry about this in EU.

It's shameful that a supreme court justice engaged in such low-brow fearmongering.

The Pres is not immune from impeachment in such an event. Neither are the operators who carry out the deed immune from prosecution.

Maybe you are ready to get on board with us conservatives in reimposing constitutional constraints on the power and scope of government authority across the board? Case in point: Congress has to quit abdicating on their role as the sole authority in the authorization of the use of military force, then maybe Justice Sotomayor's fears can be assuaged somewhat?

Reactions: Willence
I'd be willing to bet that @gcsoccer16 (not trying to speak for you sir) feels exactly the way I do. He doesn't love Trump, but he is voting for him over the dead man walking y'all put forth as a candidate. Who's next, Kamala? You people are so stupid. You painted yourself in a corner by cheating in 2020.

I'd be willing to bet

Why don't you tell all of us about "checks and balances"? The FLOOR IS YOURS! Otherwise, sit in the corner and STFU.

Typical Demonrat!

A true republican would never accept money from me. They don't need my "hand-out".

REPUBLICANS ARE PROUD AMERICANS!

You ain't one of them.
So...you're not going to send me money? I might have misunderstood your offer.

Reactions: flotiger
The only thing I'm going to "give" you is sh!t. That is free.

You might want to hook up with "Big Mike" or BHO. They can probably give you what you desire.

I really can’t fathom why anyone could possibly thinking the President having blanket immunity is a good thing, regardless of party. It’s an absolute affront to the American rule of law and pushes the door wide open for Presidents to act with authoritarian impunity.

If I thought you needed money, I would be one of the first in line to help you. That's not the case though.

You, dickpick, Yankee tiger, are all 1 on the same. Bitches!

I really can’t fathom why anyone could possibly thinking the President having blanket immunity is a good thing, regardless of party. It’s an absolute affront to the American rule of law and pushes the door wide open for Presidents to act with authoritarian impunity.
So why don't your explain to us what Joe has been doing for the last 3.5 years.

She doesn't do the Constitution too well. She has been in over her head being on the court since the beginning.

That's exactly NOT what the decision was saying. Like I said, she just doesn't have a firm grasp on the intent behind our founding documents and the very clear and well outlined process in place for such scenarios.

It's shameful that a supreme court justice engaged in such low-brow fearmongering.

The Pres is not immune from impeachment in such an event. Neither are the operators who carry out the deed immune from prosecution.

Maybe you are ready to get on board with us conservatives in reimposing constitutional constraints on the power and scope of government authority across the board? Case in point: Congress has to quit abdicating on their role as the sole authority in the authorization of the use of military force, then maybe Justice Sotomayor's fears can be assuaged somewhat?

She doesn't do the Constitution too well. She has been in over her head being on the court since the beginning.

That's exactly NOT what the decision was saying. Like I said, she just doesn't have a firm grasp on the intent behind our founding documents and the very clear and well outlined process in place for such scenarios.

I read the 119 page ruling and stand by my comment and hers. Did either of you bother to read it?

She is not a constitutional scholar / mediocre mortgage broker like yourself.

You are so full of shit.

They don't think past what it means for Trump because he is the country to them. Nothing else matters except making sure he has free reign to run roughshod over everything we value. The thought that it might backfire never occurs to them.

Trump just retruthed a post saying that Liz Cheney should be tried for treason under a televised military tribunal.

Our country was great while it lasted.

• Haha
Reactions: gcsoccer16
She is not a constitutional scholar / mediocre mortgage broker like yourself.

You are so full of shit.

You're welcome to your opinion. Being able to read and understand the intent of government (which is not all that complicated) allows a person to understand the need for official immunity for the President. However, it's also easy to see where a President can go well out of bounds with that. There lies the power of the Congress to deal with such matters. You guys all go round and round about this from a partisan angle and seemingly don't recognize that the partisan views are the problem.

Our government was set up to function a certain way. We have interrupted that function with our over the top partisan climate and the complete lack of cooperation and compromise centered around fundamental values. Hence we end up where we are now which is we want authoritative actions to force our views on one another. That's not what we are about at all. It is meant to be so much more and if we can't fight to keep the Republic, we should lose it. (which is exactly what we're doing now because we have become ignorant in the extreme)

I read the 119 page ruling and stand by my comment and hers. Did either of you bother to read it?

Of course you do (stand by your comment and hers). The challenge with you is you don't like to talk about things because you do the inch deep, mile wide approach to all things. Hence I try to refrain from any comments on things you say. (unsuccessfully here of course) Should you decide you want to actually discuss things, I'd be all for it. We might both learn something from such an endeavor.

Trump just retruthed a post saying that Liz Cheney should be tried for treason under a televised military tribunal.

Our country was great while it lasted.

I saw this last night and all the magas commenting below that Trump is right for saying it. Now with the Supreme Court in his back pocket, it's scary what this could mean for people who tried to hold him accountable for his extreme criminality. That man is systematically destroying this country and he has a peanut gallery of millions that will gladly help him do it.

• Haha
Boy the Irony is RICH with this post.

Don't attempt political persecution next time.

I saw this last night and all the magas commenting below that Trump is right for saying it. Now with the Supreme Court in his back pocket, it's scary what this could mean for people who tried to hold him accountable for his extreme criminality. That man is systematically destroying this country and he has a peanut gallery of millions that will gladly help him do it.
Checks and balances. Congressional appointed Supreme Court justices simply do not agree with you.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Checks and balances. Congressional appointed Supreme Court justices simply do not agree with you.
Compromised Supreme Court justices who fly upside down American flags and have wives who engage in Insurrection should recuse themselves from cases where they have an interest in helping him escape justice - ethical ones would anyway.

You are taking this one hard.

Unfortunately for you, the worst is yet to come.
You people are evil - I mean that and I'm not being flippant. You are enraged that laws apply to Trump so to even the score you will terrorize law-abiding citizens.

You're right, because of what you and the rest of the magadonians support, the worst is yet to come - for our country.

You are taking this one hard.

Unfortunately for you, the worst is yet to come.

And there it is. While i wish for justice for trump, I have never wanted retribution against people with different political beliefs or people on different color state.

That is the difference between you and me. It reminds me of how you celebrated the death rate of New Yorkers during covid.

Sleep well my fellow American.

And there it is. While i wish for justice for trump, I have never wanted retribution against people with different political beliefs or people on different color state.

That is the difference between you and me. It reminds me of how you celebrated the death rate of New Yorkers during covid.

Sleep well my fellow American.
The irony is really strong today

Reactions: SGTiger
You people are evil - I mean that and I'm not being flippant. You are enraged that laws apply to Trump so to even the score you will terrorize law-abiding citizens.

You're right, because of what you and the rest of the magadonians support, the worst is yet to come - for our country.
Unhinged. Political persecution has consequences. Supreme court just made it harder to jail your political opponent. You should be happy but you are so anti Trump that you cant see that.

If Trump didn't run again, he would not have been a target of the radical left.

Today was a great day for democracy no matter how you try to spin it or scare people.

Of course you do (stand by your comment and hers). The challenge with you is you don't like to talk about things because you do the inch deep, mile wide approach to all things. Hence I try to refrain from any comments on things you say. (unsuccessfully here of course) Should you decide you want to actually discuss things, I'd be all for it. We might both learn something from such an endeavor.
Logic escapes you once again. You accuse me of being an inch deep when I’m the one who took the time to read the 119 page ruling.

Did you read it?

Unhinged. Political persecution has consequences. Supreme court just made it harder to jail your political opponent. You should be happy but you are so anti Trump that you cant see that.

If Trump didn't run again, he would not have been a target of the radical left.

Today was a great day for democracy no matter how you try to spin it or scare people.
After what he's done since the election, he would have been thrown in jail immediately in any other country in the world and you know it. The only reason he gets away with it is here is because there are so many of you that care more about putting your knees on our neck than you care about the country. It was the most despicable thing a president has ever done and it was over a ****ing LIE and you are cheering the rulings that will help him escape justice. It's sick, you're sick and our country is fvcked because of you moral-less assholes.

Logic escapes you once again. You accuse me of being an inch deep when I’m the one who took the time to read the 119 page ruling.

Did you read it?

Not entirely. I'm still waiting for you to make an argument. When you do, we can talk. Whether or not one disagrees with the majority, the scenario played out by Sotomayor was absurd and hyperbolic. I'll hang up and wait for you to explain your views on things and why you think it was the wrong decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT