ADVERTISEMENT

Mass Shooting at Columbiana Mall

I love when guys come into my bar carrying.

Had some fruity lefties from Chitown moving here.

Obviously I was giving them shyt for leaving he mighty great town of Chicago.

Anyway a regular came in. Good ole country boy. Black guy to boot.

I sk him to show me his firearm to scare the out of Towner's.

They freaked out. You allow a gun in this bar?

I was like hell yea. No one will rob me with this guy here or the other regular down on the other end of the bar.

You are safer here than on the streets of Chicago.😂
your view of the world is sad, man. I feel bad for you

I know right

Anyone who thinks the gun is guilty of murder are morons.
Who is saying that? What are you even talking about?

it’s the fact that it makes it insanely easy for wack jobs like this to hurt a bunch of people quickly. Not even getting into a debate here. That’s not something that can be argued

i hope your gun makes you feel like a big man

Reactions: tboonpickens
A shootout in a mall results in a $25k bond? Seems light

Yet it doesn’t happen in almost any other developed countr
This is the only answer. My office is in Irmo. Irmo HS went from being amongst the best in the state 15-20 yrs ago, to making news for being a shit hole. Fatherless kids imo are the root of the problem. Politicians have a created a dependent class that is to far gone to undo. Not sure how we can break the cycle. Throwing more money and resources at the problem to win votes wont do shit. Thats why we're here in the first place.
To make matters worse Hollywood and the media glorifies that lifestyle and vilifies the lifestyle that actually creates decent humans. You go to prisons and look for a common denominator, fatherless homes is far and away the most prevalent thing you will find. For some reason a staple of black culture is no father, single moms with children raised by grandma.

it’s the fact that it makes it insanely easy for wack jobs like this to hurt a bunch of people quickly. Not even getting into a debate here. That’s not something that can be argued

Are you advocating removing all individual firearms from Americans?

I‘m trying yo understand what you think should be done.

To make matters worse Hollywood and the media glorifies that lifestyle and vilifies the lifestyle that actually creates decent humans. You go to prisons and look for a common denominator, fatherless homes is far and away the most prevalent thing you will find. For some reason a staple of black culture is no father, single moms with children raised by grandma.

Dude black kids with father's thrive in our society just as well as whites or Asians and especially Hispanics.

I love our Hispanic population both legal and illegal. They work hard and build their lives around family.youndo that you are successful.

Thinking life is good alone and depending on uncle Sam for your roof and food is foolish and sad.

Reactions: tigerworx

I don't own a firearm.

I have a bow and alot of arrows.

Reactions: SKIPWISE
and I don't really need a gun.

I stay away from blue states.

I stay away from cities with a bunch of fatherless kids.

And I stay away from malls.

Haven't been to a mall since 1990s.

And if I can't get ya with the bow-

I do have some bad ass numbchucks for close range.

Another reason to abolish the 2 party system. Clowns running both sides, all of which are detrimental to our country.
not saying I disagree with abolishing the two party system, but if we could wave a wand and make that happen today, how would that solve this particular problem.

Sad but true. More often than not, the grandparent(s) are the matriarch of the family and the kids are sorry as fvck doing nothing but collecting a gubment check with our tax dollars. Even worse, the more kids the bigger the check.

I understand govnt asst as a bridge, but lifetime dependency is a problem. Wish the politicians would pass work to qualify legislation. I dont give a fvck if you stare at a wall all day, you will earn my tax dollars rather than waking up at noon and doing absolutely nothing. Plenty of schools can be painted or trash picked up on our roads. A few months of that might motivate people to get off their ass.

A shootout in a mall results in a $25k bond? Seems light
No, this guy was shot at by two rival gang members and returned fire in self defense. His only charge is not having a CWP and possessing a gun in a public place. They havent named the two suspects that will have multiple attempted murder charges.

Reactions: coop#
Let's see how many people bother to read the article linked ITT. Already see 4 who definitely did not.

"Price is being represented by State Rep. Todd Rutherford, who said his client was in the mall and was shot at by people who had previously made threats against him on Facebook. Rutherford also stated in a briefing after the bond hearing that he has fully cooperated with police and has been charged with unlawful carry of a pistol because he does not have a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) but owns the gun legally and it is registered to him."

Let's see how many people bother to read the article linked ITT. Already see 4 who definitely did not.

"Price is being represented by State Rep. Todd Rutherford, who said his client was in the mall and was shot at by people who had previously made threats against him on Facebook. Rutherford also stated in a briefing after the bond hearing that he has fully cooperated with police and has been charged with unlawful carry of a pistol because he does not have a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) but owns the gun legally and it is registered to him."
These two items are of interest from my perspective:

1. Price was charged by RCSD with accessory after the fact in connection with the murder of 17-year-old Amon Rice

2. Sheriff Leon Lott has spoken publicly about his concerns with what he calls a “catch and release” system. “We catch people, they serve a little bit of time, they get out and they get right back doing what they normally do and that’s commit crimes,” he said at a recent press conference. “The criminal justice system needs to do better.”

Thanks for sharing the wisdom of the ages with us @iceheart08 . If a person was involved in a shooting yesterday, they shouldn't be on the streets today in any form. Plus the guy has a history as well. But thanks for clarifying what his lawyer (you know, the one who is trying to get him off in spite of his actual guilt or innocence) says he was targeted and is cooperating. So glad we have you to read for us. :)

Last edited:
Just to add one more thing on this. If we value this young man's life then wouldn't a serious intervention be what's in order. In 2018 he was involved in a murder albeit not directly. 4 years later he's in a mall with a concealed weapon that he is not licensed to carry. Obviously there's a serious environmental issue at work in his life. Maybe what we should do is intervene and try to help save him before he ends up being a victim at some point. We just funnel these kids through the system and send it back on the streets until they end up dead or killing somebody. It's so inhumane. Why don't we start trying to save people through active intervention? It would save lives on so many levels and prevent so much hardship in the long run and the short run.

Reactions: appalachiatiger
No, this guy was shot at by two rival gang members and returned fire in self defense. His only charge is not having a CWP and possessing a gun in a public place. They havent named the two suspects that will have multiple attempted murder charges.

Jewayne Price, 22, the suspect in the Columbiana Centre shooting had his bond set at $25,000 with a stipulation that he wears an ankle monitor and will be on house arrest. Price cannot go to the mall or interact with anyone involved.

Price is being represented by State Rep. Todd Rutherford, who said his client was in the mall and was shot at by people who had previously made threats against him on Facebook. Rutherford also stated in a briefing after the bond hearing that he has fully cooperated with police and has been charged with unlawful carry of a pistol because he does not have a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) but owns the gun legally and it is registered to him.

Reactions: appalachiatiger
Just to add one more thing on this. If we value this young man's life then wouldn't a serious intervention be what's in order. In 2018 he was involved in a murder albeit not directly. 4 years later he's in a mall with a concealed weapon that he is not licensed to carry. Obviously there's a serious environmental issue at work in his life. Maybe what we should do is intervene and try to help save him before he ends up being a victim at some point. We just funnel these kids through the system and send it back on the streets until they end up dead or killing somebody. It's so inhumane. Why don't we start trying to save people through active intervention? It would save lives on so many levels and prevent so much hardship in the long run and the short run.
Some people sont want to be ‘saved’. Lock him up until he’s ready to turn his life around.

Some people sont want to be ‘saved’. Lock him up until he’s ready to turn his life around.

We don't know which he is until we get him out of his environment. We need to start rehabilitating people. We send people to prison to forget about them but so many of them shouldn't be forgotten. All they need is a real earnest opportunity to turn their lives around in some cases. We should do everything we can to give people an opportunity to be better and have a chance at a great life. As a society we need to declare all out war on gangs and the gangster culture. So often these young men and women are looking for family where they will be cared for even if it is an incredibly warped way. It's absolutely tragic that as a society and a community of Faith we fail them so miserably that they seek this family feeling in a gang. That is on us and it's something we need to rectify with all our energy and effort. Every single life is sacred.

Reactions: GoodWord28
As crazy as giving him bail sounds, he only faces one simple charge of illegal possession of a firearm. Clearly they agree he acted in self defense or he'd be charged with attempted murder. The two that attacked him are at large and not even identified.

We need to end the govt support to single moms.

Force them to actually need the males to help raise their children.
You talk like it is the women's fault this is happening....not the friggin males that go have babies with multiple baby mammas

You talk like it is the women's fault this is happening....not the friggin males that go have babies with multiple baby mammas

While I would agree what he said is harsh, it is a well-known reality that a lot of these situations are such that the man is around some but the mom doesn't want to be married so she can get more financial support from the government. We need to incentivize having a family.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffcoat
Trouble follows this clown, and he did not have the credentials to carry. No way he should be out so easily. Did we get the judges name yet?

Reactions: PAWrocka
Trouble follows this clown, and he did not have the credentials to carry. No way he should be out so easily. Did we get the judges name yet?
Saw on WIS 6pm news it was a black female judge. Don't know if they said her name.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT