ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee Bucks boycott game 5 due to Wisconsin shooting

This isnt true. He had an active warrants for an incident with his ex girlfriend, nothing to do with a minor. This is just another example of right wing media sensationalizing a story and publishing false information. Am I doing it right?
What about the rest of it?

What about the rest of it?

Thats not the point. This is what the poster said who I was responding to: "I was listening to Ben Shapiro yesterday. According to him the suspect had active warrants for criminal sexual conduct with a minor. He had kids in the car."

He was using fake news as a means to justify why the cops shot this man in the back while opening the car door. The assumption he is making here is that the cops thought he might be trying to harm the kids in the back seat b/c he was someone who sexually abuses kids (it also assumes the police on the scene would have known this).

fake news is fake news, right? Or is it OK to use fake news if it supports your beliefs?

Reactions: DecemberGrad
Sure I am. Just because I probably won't agree with you doesn't mean that I'm not reasonable.

I really think he should boycott his job if it makes him feel better. Doesn't impact me in any way. I think the NBA sucks and I haven't watched a game in years.
You being in this thread shows you care more than you lead on.

Also how is your previous post reasonable? Why should he boycott basketball forever? Because you don't like the sport?

Thats not the point. This is what the poster said who I was responding to: "I was listening to Ben Shapiro yesterday. According to him the suspect had active warrants for criminal sexual conduct with a minor. He had kids in the car."

He was using fake news as a means to justify why the cops shot this man in the back while opening the car door. The assumption he is making here is that the cops thought he might be trying to harm the kids in the back seat b/c he was someone who sexually abuses kids (it also assumes the police on the scene would have known this).

fake news is fake news, right? Or is it OK to use fake news if it supports your beliefs?
So the rest of it was accurate?

So the rest of it was accurate?

don’t know. I can only comment on what is factual I terms of public record, e.g. outstanding warrants. What happened on those moments leading up to the shooting will be for the court to decide. Again, I don’t peddle fake news. Any more questions?

Just going to sit back watch what the boards thoughts are on this one.
Should be a forfeit. No idea what the series record is or even how many games are in the series, but I hope the forfeit costs them the series.

This ain’t it. Blake walked around and reached into his car. Definitely should have been tased well before then, but that’s another story.

It’s unfortunate and the cops ultimately did what they had to do due to Blake’s actions.

They did try to take him down and he fought his way to get up. I really struggle with how many times they shot him but if I were a policeman in that situation and he was reaching into his car I just don't know that I wouldn't have reacted the same way. Plus when you consider his record and history which has been completely misrepresented in this process it it's just a difficult situation all around. Like I said I don't get why the cop had to shoot him so many times. It's just all so very heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Should be a forfeit. No idea what the series record is or even how many games are in the series, but I hope the forfeit costs them the series.

It is not going to be a forfeit. Orlando voted to not accept (mainly because they were in agreement with the boycott - as were rest of NBA teams, thus reason for canceling all games tonight, and probably minimum couple days)

don’t know. I can only comment on what is factual I terms of public record, e.g. outstanding warrants. What happened on those moments leading up to the shooting will be for the court to decide. Again, I don’t peddle fake news. Any more questions?
I was just asking you if the rest was accurate because you consider yourself the foremost authority on everything. And the claim that you don’t peddle fake news is hilarious. You’re the exact same as the people you complain about, you are just on the other side.

I was just asking you if the rest was accurate because you consider yourself the foremost authority on everything. And the claim that you don’t peddle fake news is hilarious. You’re the exact same as the people you complain about, you are just on the other side.

Not the foremost authority, I was just able to take two minutes to google what the outstanding warrants were against the man that was shot. See, I don’t mindlessly listen to talking heads on TV and believe everything they say. I think for myself, you should try it.

and please show me where i peddled fake news. You can’t by the way, probably best that you move along.

Not the foremost authority, I was just able to take two minutes to google what the outstanding warrants were against the man that was shot. See, I don’t mindlessly listen to talking heads on TV and believe everything they say. I think for myself, you should try it.

and please show me where i peddled fake news. You can’t by the way, probably best that you move along.
Thanks for the advice but I’m good

You being in this thread shows you care more than you lead on.

Also how is your previous post reasonable? Why should he boycott basketball forever? Because you don't like the sport?

Well technically it's the NBA that I don't like.

So I guess i do care. I am here in solidarity. No NBA means less shit that I have to scroll past to find something to watch. So I am a fan.

Your guy sounds like a shithead to me. An able-bodied man, a pro-athlete, parking across two handicapped spots because, he is just that special. I can't care that much that he got roughed up, because I think that taking those spots when you don't need it is a pretty low move.

He'll make money off of it, though, because what the officers did was wrong, IMO. From from reading one account, it's not even close.

It is not going to be a forfeit. Orlando voted to not accept (mainly because they were in agreement with the boycott - as were rest of NBA teams, thus reason for canceling all games tonight, and probably minimum couple days)
Good for them. Hope they cancel the whole thing. They can end the NBA in protest. I hope they do.

Lol what? First off why is that fake news. Secondly I made no assumptions. However since you bring it up sex offenders should not be around juveniles. That is why they articulate that in a judges bond orders. The facts are the suspect was a wanted felon. He violently resisted arrest and had already been tased. He had fought with law enforcement and was not only ignoring the officers lawful commands, he was actively and violently resisting. He reached into the car. I don’t have any further details. However the media and sleepy joe Biden have already tried and “convicted “ these officers before all the facts are out or the investigation complete. This is why we have due process. This is why we have a judicial system. I hope the investigation reveals the officers acted per their agencies policies and they are fully acquitted. If not then due process will take care of the officers and they will pay a mighty price. I guess your answer is to riot and spread hatred.

Ben Shapiro is not fake news. He isn't news at all because he's a person with an opinion and that's it. He makes mistakes like anyone else does but he never declaratively said that that was the case about the young man's record. He also said that he didn't know if it was a legitimate choice by the police officer or not.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Oh my bad. I was just reporting what I heard and that’s what I said in my original post . He was involved in Sexual assault, domestic abuse, and trespassing.
Ben Shapiro is not fake news. He isn't news at all because he's a person with an opinion and that's it. He makes mistakes like anyone else does but he never declaratively said that that was the case about the young man's record. He also said that he didn't know if it was a legitimate choice by the police officer or not.
This is true. In my original post I said that is what he reported. Nothing more. It appears he was wanted on warrants for a domestic abuse and sexual assault incident.

Reactions: Beneficent
Dodgers/Giants not playing tonight

seeing rumors that others will be cancelled as well

this is a mess - one that could eventually work its way to amateur sports

WNBA also cancelled- but nobody cares

Team protests white cop killing black man. Not 1 single white cop watches/will be aware of protest unless told/cares. Only hurting their product (and i actually agree with their message)
You agree that Blake should be allowed to resist the cops, ignore their instructions, get into the drivers side of the car and just basically act as though law enforcement has no authority? Just him or him and all black men? All black people? All people? Total anarchy? A lawless society? You think this would be good for you? You think at all?

It’s amazing how some folks don’t understand “leverage,” when they have it, and when they wasted it. We’re coming off a time where fans actually got used to NOT having sports, so now as a social statement leagues DON’T play? Last year this would have been a huge deal. This year it’s, “ok cool I’ll go back to binge watching Netflix.”

There is already going to be huge competition for entertainment dollars (and quite frankly time and attention) whenever normal comes back. If your cash flow is based on an emotional spend, you can’t afford to let customers think they can live without you. Looking at you PAC12 players, NBA, ESPN...oh hey WNBA, didn’t see you over there.

Looking forward to the basketball players leading a riot to burn stadiums so they have no where to play and burn their overpriced merchandise so they have no money

then ask China for asylum so they can start a Chinese Basketball League with everyone a slave catering to their whims until they lose their Mojo at which time the CCP would either slave you out or see if you could outrun an anti-aircraft gun

God bless the NBA

I would like to thank the Trump-hatin' NBA for canceling their games tonight. No, like most Americans, I wasn't gonna watch...but by canceling, perhaps a few from their small television audience will flip on the RNC tonight, be enlightened, & jump on the Trump train. No, he doesn't need anymore help to win the election in November bc he's already gonna win in a landslide...but I think it would be hilarious if he stole some of LeBron's fans on the very night that the NBA was trying to be all "woke"....

#KAG

Reactions: Essolover4
I would like to thank the Trump-hatin' NBA for canceling their games tonight. No, like most Americans, I wasn't gonna watch...but by canceling, perhaps a few from their small television audience will flip on the RNC tonight, be enlightened, & jump on the Trump train. No, he doesn't need anymore help to win the election in November bc he's already gonna win in a landslide...but I think it would be hilarious if he stole some of LeBron's fans on the very night that the NBA was trying to be all "woke"....

#KAG
What a fragile man you are.

Don't care , I watch very little pro sports.
To me, looks like they could have taken that guy down or tasered him way before he got into the other side of the vehicle.
Bad judgement by the officers, I do think in the current climate of unrest those officers need to process info better.

^ this ... and Im sure the "whataboutism" retort will be strong, but outside of attacking a police officer, reaching into your car after a officer has told you multiple times to stop and show your hands is the last thing you do ... if you dont want to get shot.

Correct. Especially after telling the officers that you have a knife in your car... The officers struggled on the ground with Jacob Blake. Apparently they tried to taser him, but it didn't work. He got away from them and obviously wasn't following any of their instructions. If you've told a LEO that you have a weapon in your car, and you go to your car and reach inside it, while he's telling you not to- you're gonna get shot. The question will be, did the officer have a reasonable fear of imminent harm to himself or others? Probably. Another question is, how does a trained LEO shoot someone 7 times at close range and NOT kill the target?

same here

suspend the whole team. Who cares?

Yes I am concerned about the shooting. Everyone should be.

that said we have a system of justice to handle problems. Uh there are systemic problems with policing.

anarchy and rioting along with being disruptive instead of constructive does not make a better country
. Agreed. But it’s time for a change.

I’ll take the bait.

Reactions: TheValley91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT