ADVERTISEMENT

NK Summitt cancelled

Nobody actually thought this would work out right ?

WASHINGTON — President Trump has notified Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, that he has canceled their much-anticipated meeting, which was set for June 12.

In a letter dated Thursday to Mr. Kim, the American president said he would not attend the summit due to “tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement.”

its not over by any means. trump is bytch slapping that midget thru negotiations behind the scenes.

if the democrats would let trump focus on things that need to be done our country would prosper faster. hate seeing presidents spending so much time on negative junk.

give it time.

So I guess these medallions made by the WH are a little premature?

DdvvY7-V0AA7_7U.jpg

Reactions: ladedade
They did destroy some nuclear stuff (per media reports), they met with SK.

I think those things are positive. I think the people who actually live in that part of the world would see those are being favorable, and good first steps.

The test site was rendered useless from their last test. Intelligence officials have concluded that 5 tests are enough and they can computer model everything now. So that ‘concession’ was useless.

The meetings contributed very little but what Kim can and will do is blast positive comments and photos from meeting SK and Pompeo all over state media. He will also use trumps quotes from the hostage release as well. We also canceled a large military exercise with SK. That is a propaganda gold mine for a dictator.

We got very little out of this. Trump gave all of his leverage away by trying to get a political win all while giving Kim legitimacy that the US and SK have trying to avoid.

Look, if he can actually get an enforceable peace/denuclearization deal with North Korea then I will campaign for him to get the Nobel Price. Just dont act like you have done anything before you have done anything. Ultimately it was Trump's own people like Bolton and Pence that might have screwed up this meeting though...

Neither of them did anything here of any substance. NK didn't like that we were going to go ahead with the regularly scheduled exercises we have every year with SK, and started their rhetoric, and it escalated.

This is negotiating tactics, NK wants to save face and not look like they'll cave in to everything, Xi panicked and had him in Beijing a second time, and everything goes up in smoke.

Kim will come back to negotiate, he has no choice. Sanctions arent going anywhere and he's out of slush funds to keep his lackeys placated.

The test site was rendered useless from their last test. Intelligence officials have concluded that 5 tests are enough and they can computer model everything now. So that ‘concession’ was useless.

The meetings contributed very little but what Kim can and will do is blast positive comments and photos from meeting SK and Pompeo all over state media. He will also use trumps quotes from the hostage release as well. We also canceled a large military exercise with SK. That is a propaganda gold mine for a dictator.

We got very little out of this. Trump gave all of his leverage away by trying to get a political win all while giving Kim legitimacy that the US and SK have trying to avoid.

I think it is waaaaaay too early to make declarations that we won/lost, etc. Lots more to the story over several months and maybe years.

Dialogue has been started. Obviously this is not the short term goal everyone wanted.

Maybe everything has been a waste of time, and nothing good happens. But at least a process has been initiated

His uniformed base did. They already had him winning a Nobel Peace Prize. Someone needs to sit him down and explain in small words the history of North Korea and America.

Must suck to be a democrat in today's America.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
The same people who don't understand trump and how he negotiates continue to be one step behind. Quite amusing.

I'm sure the families of the hostages we got back are happy that Trump is president. We gave North Korea nothing.

What leverage does Trump have that every other president hasn't? It seems like, if anything, NK has more leverage than usual because they have actual nukes that pose an actual threat (not to say that's Trump's fault).

They have the economy the size of Rhode Island. LOL at North Korea having leverage. We just got 3 hostages back from them for nothing.

They have the economy the size of Rhode Island. LOL at North Korea having leverage. We just got 3 hostages back from them for nothing.

They have more leverage than they have at any other point, is what I'm saying.
This post won't get a response from the folks ITT.

Fine. It's super great that we got those guys back. No joke. It's also great that every President before Trump got hostages back as well.

North Korea has relatively more leverage now because they have viable nuclear weapons. That makes it much more important for us to work something out with them than it did when they did not have viable nuclear weapons. I do not mean to say that they have us by the balls (or vice versa) but this is a valuable card they did not have to play 15 years ago.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Not sure I have seen any campaigning for the Nobel.

Did some in the media suggest it if he pulled a meeting off? Yes. Are there people running campaigns for it? Not that I have seen/read.
Gov. McMaster and five other governors wrote and signed a letter endorsing the president for the Nobel Peace Prize. That seems an okay form of appreciation to the President for getting Nikki out of the way for him to become governor.

North Korea’s leverage now is being able to split a few tiny atoms whenever they please.

Reactions: griffgolf
North Korea’s leverage now is being able to split a few tiny atoms whenever they please.

They have had that option for a long time. They also know that would be suicide. China would not allow it either. The LAST thing China wants is a nuclear war on the peninsula. Millions of North Korean citizens will flow into China.

I doubt they ever give up fully their nuclear program. It meant everything for his father. But, this isn't just about North Korea. China is the main player.

The ZTE concessions are pretty big for North Korea. They were the sole provider for technology components to NK, including the centrifuges that were used in the 2000s for NK to create the bomb (and Iran for that matter). NK's government possibly owns up to 10% of the firm, and uses the proceeds to fund its nuclear and cybercrime units. There is a reason Congress will likely pass a veto proof law against any ZTE concessions.

Reactions: gcsoccer16
IMHO he seems to have the ballz to follow through with the really tough sanctions that have made a real difference. He was able to get China on board which no other President has been able to do. He is also a bit erratic and unhinged at times (maybe by design) and would probably follow through with military action. No one ever thought Obama would do that and the the North was not far enough along in their program for Bush to be too concerned. Maybe they werent far enough along for Obama to be as aggressive as Trump is. Its kind of perfect storm of where the North Koreans are with their nuclear program and an aggressive President that has finally gotten North Korea's attention. The sanctions are still in place and the N. Korean regime will be in dire financial straights by November (assuming the Chinese don't change their course). Kim has been backed into a corner.

seriously, even republicans and commentators on Fox News are saying that Trump got bent over by the Chinese. Where do you get your news man?

Marco Rubio

✔@marcorubio

#China is winning the negotiations. Their concessions are things they planned to do anyways. In exchange they get no tariffs, can keep stealing intellectual property & can keep blocking our companies while they invest in the U.S. without limits. #Losing

seriously, even republicans and commentators on Fox News are saying that Trump got bent over by the Chinese. Where do you get your news man?

Marco Rubio

✔@marcorubio

#China is winning the negotiations. Their concessions are things they planned to do anyways. In exchange they get no tariffs, can keep stealing intellectual property & can keep blocking our companies while they invest in the U.S. without limits. #Losing

Trump Derangement Syndrome isn't a good look on you. Also, Marco Rubio opposing Trump? No way. He will fail yet again at a 2020 bid.

Surely, even with TDS, you agree getting the hostages back to their families in return for nothing was good?

This thread is awful. I seriously can’t fathom being as dumb as some of you people. And before you call me a “libtard” or something zany like that, I voted for and continue to support trump.

However, the inability to even consider even for one second that Trump can miscalculate and make a mistake is beyond comprehension.

The same people falling hook line and sinker a month ago for the jump the gun headlines about peace in NK that clammored for peace prizes are now saying the world is stupid and Trump once again is just outsmarting us.

I believe Trump is a good President because he thinks differently, doesn’t answer to the same special interests (unless we are talking guns) and isn’t afraid to call good ole boys out..

But y’all definitely over sell him as a genius and are stupid if you can’t admit he gets a little ahead of himself at times.

He got played by NK. Who cares, everyone does. Quit acting like he is incapable of taking an L just like he rest of us.

How exactly did Trump get played by North Korea? The last time we negotiated with a terrorist for hostages we got played (Bergdahl for 5 terrorist). I saw NK load up 3 American citizens and send them home.

What leverage does Trump have that every other president hasn't? It seems like, if anything, NK has more leverage than usual because they have actual nukes that pose an actual threat (not to say that's Trump's fault).

Umm...a backbone?

That was nice of us to give NK some nice propaganda fodder for nothing.

JFC you limp wristed libs are an embarrassment. You call 3 hostages "nothing."

Oh, and the deal is potentially falling through due to issues on the NK side...WE are the ones pulling out due to their actions...they're not the ones walking away.

But keep on celebrating this is a win for the left if it doesn't happen...when, if it doesn't end up getting done, is actually a sad day for everybody.

They are currently being sold at the White House Gift shop...

I am sure they are. But people inside the WH didn't commission the medallions. That was an outside agency who makes these medallions for all meetings between our President and foreign dignitaries. They have been making these things for years.

You will also see that Kim is listed as "supreme leader" or such. WH didn't have anything to do with that either.

Here is a USAToday article on the coin......

from the article "The White House on Tuesday insisted it had nothing to do with the coin. Its design and creation fell squarely on the White House Communications Agency, the military unit that provides global communications support to the president and his staff.

Last edited:
I feel Trump has a good chance to keep the House and Senate this election. Then pull a Reagan and win 50 State’s in a 2020 re-election. Every thing is looking up.

I am sure they are. But people inside the WH didn't commission the medallions. That was an outside agency who makes these medallions for all meetings between our President and foreign dignitaries. They have been making these things for years.

You will also see that Kim is listed as "supreme leader" or such. WH didn't have anything to do with that either.

from the article "The White House on Tuesday insisted it had nothing to do with the coin. Its design and creation fell squarely on the White House Communications Agency, the military unit that provides global communications support to the president and his staff.
You can’t argue with the extreme left. They’re like silly little children. They were so sure Hillary would win. They gonna be in meltdown mode again in 2 November’s from now.

splitting hairs here....if they are selling them in the giftshop, they endorse them

splitting hairs here....if they are selling them in the giftshop, they endorse them

Oh I am sure they endorse them. But they didn't make them, nor design them. And once the WH knew they were ready for circulation, they could've held them up until the meeting.

Actually, I would think Trump wouldn't like the design. With it showing him on equal footing as Kim. I can imagine that he would prefer a design with him maybe showing a more "powerful" pose. Maybe bigger, or above, Kim.

I feel Trump has a good chance to keep the House and Senate this election. Then pull a Reagan and win 50 State’s in a 2020 re-election. Every thing is looking up.

Ban bet, let's go. Trump wins fewer than 50 states and you're off until the next Republican president is sworn in. He wins 50 I'm gone until then next Democrat is sworn in.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99

Marco Rubio

✔@marcorubio

I was referring to the North Korean Sanctions, not trade negotiations between the US and China. Please stay on task

Earle, Earle, Earle.

The Senate is essentially out of the hands of the Democrats in 2018. That has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with having so many seats to defend. The House is likely to swing to the Democrats. In 2020, Trump may pull off another electoral college victory (Gawd forbid) but he will lose the popular vote by an even larger margin than in 2016 and is highly unlikely to win even one more state than he did that year. 50-state win? 50-STATE WIN?????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT