ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I'll say it re spskill

I didn't read what the OP is referring to, but Dabo Swinney does not operate at all in a manner that could be construed as racist. If he did, I would not support him and the program he has built as much as I do.

It seems to me that Dabo handled this pretty much the way the Stoudt/Watson thing played out. I also believe that KB will continue to have opportunities to produce for this team although not as the #1 QB.

OP is full of shit and completely invented his own narrative.

I didn't read what the OP is referring to, but Dabo Swinney does not operate at all in a manner that could be construed as racist. If he did, I would not support him and the program he has built as much as I do.

It seems to me that Dabo handled this pretty much the way the Stoudt/Watson thing played out. I also believe that KB will continue to have opportunities to produce for this team although not as the #1 QB.

If you’re KB, thinking from a future standpoint for him, do you transfer now? Looking from what is best for KB

LoL you would have named a true freshman the starter at the beginning of the season over an incumbent who just led the team to a conference title and a playoff berth the previous season? Holy crap, thank God you aren't our head coach. That's How to Lose a Locker Room 101.

It's very obvious that ALL you care about is one specific player in this situation.

See this is the thing people are having difficulty with. I think Dabo played it perfectly as it relates to what is best for the team. But KB, who wants to be a starter, is going to suffer for it.

Really just an observation other than I think it's time to name TL the starter and stop this rotation. Think about it, is there a chance Dabo starts KB against Cuse? What would be the point of that?

Reactions: mplang
Wall of text....

Whlx.gif

Some need to understand the meaning of wall of text. A post with three distinct paragraphs is not a wall of text. Get your crap in one sack.

See this is the thing people are having difficulty with. I think Dabo played it perfectly as it relates to what is best for the team. But KB, who wants to be a starter, is going to suffer for it.

Really just an observation other than I think it's time to name TL the starter and stop this rotation. Think about it, is there a chance Dabo starts KB against Cuse? What would be the point of that?

Dude, you said Dabo took a shit on Kelly Bryant. Regardless of what you're saying you meant in hindsight, your language was a clear indication that you think Dabo intentionally and maliciously did KB wrong.

Dude, you said Dabo took a shit on Kelly Bryant. Regardless of what you're saying you meant in hindsight, your language was a clear indication that you think Dabo intentionally and maliciously did KB wrong.

I didn't backtrack from that, its good to know that you agree but simply don't like the characterization.

I actually think KB will transfer. He is too much of a competitor and loves the game. We will see this week I guess
If he does, what will that accomplish for him? How will he get exposure after 4 games in the season? He will have a better chance getting exposure by being a part of the #2 team in the nation.

I'm not offended but could KB be an undisputed starter at another school right now? Yes. This year at Clemson, he's like that booty call that you never intended to date.

Just a casual glance at last weeks top 25 and I would say he could start for maybe 3-4 of those teams. He simply has limitations as a passer that cannot be overlooked.

Could he start for several 25-50 level programs? Sure, but I don’t know that he elevates the level of play enough to impact their record. He isn’t a natural QB and he isn’t a differentiating factor at the position.

Getting into the weeds...you are correct. Can’t be denied here. Same thing with Jalen at Bama this year. Doing everything they can to keep him until after the season.
Completely different situation as Hurts graduates this December and can transfer wherever he wants after the season and play next year. He would have stayed even if Tua was named the starter back in the Spring, because there would be nothing to gain by transferring before this season.

Just a casual glance at last weeks top 25 and I would say he could start for maybe 3-4 of those teams. He simply has limitations as a passer that cannot be overlooked.

Could he start for several 25-50 level programs? Sure, but I don’t know that he elevates the level of play enough to impact their record. He isn’t a natural QB and he isn’t a differentiating factor at the position.

You think KB shares this thought?

Getting into the weeds...you are correct. Can’t be denied here. Same thing with Jalen at Bama this year. Doing everything they can to keep him until after the season.
Completely different situation as Hurts graduates this December and can transfer wherever he wants after the season and play next year. He would have stayed even if Tua was named the starter back in the Spring, because there would be nothing to gain by transferring before this season.

I thought the Bama coaches were doing everything they could to keep him from transferring. What is the depth behind Jalen?

Look, this thing is way too personal for SP. More here than meets the eye.

I'm not angry at all. I can recognize stupidity without getting emotional over it.
You seem to be angry and missing @spskillz 's point whether you agree with it or not. A lot of folks on here think TL should have been named the starter from day one. If Dabo does that, it gives KB the option of staying as backup and trying to win the job back or transferring. But, as spskillz pointed out, Dabo played it perfectly to keep KB happy so as to keep him on the team. Now KB is in an unfortunate position of likely being a backup the rest of the year and not having a chance to transfer.

I believe Dabo did what's best for the team, but KB does get a raw deal out of it. It is just an unfortunate situation for KB. Saying he was shit on is a bit rough, but its not a stretch by any means.

I thought the Bama coaches were doing everything they could to keep him from transferring. What is the depth behind Jalen?
Again, with Hurts graduating this coming December, his two options this past Spring would have been 1) transfer immediately, sit out 2018, and have one year of eligibility remaining for 2019, or 2) stay at Alabama for 2018, graduate in December, transfer after the season, and still have one year of eligibility remaining for 2019. Hurts himself alluded to these options in his on-the-field rant to the media at their Fall camp media day. I am sure the Bama coaches knew there would be no reason for Hurts to transfer, so it wouldn't make sense for them to play those games with him and Tua.

Conversely, Kelly is a senior and could have transferred back in the Spring, sat out 2018, and had one year left to play in 2019. Now I believe his college eligibility is either exhausted or it will be if he plays in one more game.

Reactions: ERTigerVet
You seem to be angry and missing @spskillz 's point whether you agree with it or not. A lot of folks on here think TL should have been named the starter from day one. If Dabo does that, it gives KB the option of staying as backup and trying to win the job back or transferring. But, as spskillz pointed out, Dabo played it perfectly to keep KB happy so as to keep him on the team. Now KB is in an unfortunate position of likely being a backup the rest of the year and not having a chance to transfer.

I believe Dabo did what's best for the team, but KB does get a raw deal out of it. It is just an unfortunate situation for KB. Saying he was shit on is a bit rough, but its not a stretch by any means.

No, I'm not missing his point. I get it, and I think it's wrong and idiotic. I don't miss points.

LOL no one is missing the point. The point simply doesn’t make a bit of sense.

Reactions: SGTiger

No, I'm not missing his point. I get it, and I think it's wrong and idiotic. I don't miss points.

Your last sentence is very humble. Lol

LOL no one is missing the point. The point simply doesn’t make a bit of sense.

Hold up AC, YOU wanted TL started from the jump. As such, what do you think Dabo's point was with starting KB?

Everyone has opinions, but just because they aren't in line with yours doesn't make them idiotic. I just spelled out the dissenting opinion. Whether you agree or not, it is a logical take on the situation.

I just spelled out the point. Please show me the holes in it.

Please don’t jump on the dipshit train with @spskillz dude. Dabo named KB the starter and gave him the job. If KB was a good qb, he would’ve held onto the job, especially considering Dabo gave him more than enough opportunity to do so.

The premise that Dabo screwed over KB is beyond idiotic.

Everyone has opinions, but just because they aren't in line with yours doesn't make them idiotic. I just spelled out the dissenting opinion. Whether you agree or not, it is a logical take on the situation.

Your opinion isn't his opinion. His opinion is that Dabo intentionally and maliciously hurt KB. There's nothing wrong with what you said.

Hold up AC, YOU wanted TL started from the jump. As such, what do you think Dabo's point was with starting KB?

KB was the incumbent starter and Dabo didn’t feel like TL had done anything to unseat him. It’s as simple as that.

Of course I wanted TL to start from day one, but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT