ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Malaysian Airline Shot Down?

Originally posted by CuWrX8314:
Originally posted by vatiger1:
Appears a 777 was just shot down (SAM) and 295 killed, of which, 23 were Americans. Flt from Amsterdam to Lumpur.

Interesting to see what the reaction and stance our POTUS takes with Putin and all the other whackos on the border of Ukraine.
well considering that our A-Hole and Chief came out yesterday and proclaimed more intense sanctions on Russia, and TODAY this happened?????? It would be wise for him to shut his whore mouth, because he cant/wont back it up.

2 more freakin years of this joker ......
So it's Obama's fault??

Originally posted by cwbarr1:

Originally posted by blythewood tigers:

And what does vatiger1, CuWrX8314, cwbarr1 and nikao1002 suggest "we" do, if in fact, this jet was shot down?

Just curious since y'all seem very emotional about this.
Well sparkie, for starters, I am not really that emotional about it. It is what it is, and we continue to see that this administration is still over its head in global situations.

Now, we are pretty sure that the jet was shot down. When the head of the seperatist movement has confirmed they shot an aircraft down today that was flying in the same location as the crash site of flight MH-10, kinda points in the direction that somebody might've shot the thing down.

Next, instead of doing sanctions that really aren't doing much to hurt the Russians, we really should start targeting the Russian banks. Putting the squueze on them will increase the pain. Putin knows this, why do you thing the is flying everywhere and trying to get BRIC's setup with China, Brazil, Iran etc.

We should also start targeting and freezing assets for Russian officials within the government and memebers of large companies. Again adding pressure on Putin. They currently hold about $165b in treasury bonds but seem to be in the process of dumping them on them on the market anyway. Since we have started the small snactions they have dumped about $35b to this point anyway.

We should also suspend the $71.5m that we continue to give them every year in the name of foreign aid.

I would also start training exercises in Western Ukraine with a light Bde from the 173rd and the 2nd ACR. Create a rotation much like US forces do and have done in Kuwait.

So, in about 10 minutes that what I would do. How bout you Blythe? Keep drinking the progressive koolaid?

Sorry to disappoint but I'm as far from progressive as the current (2014) definition, it had a much different definition back in the 1800's but even that definition isn't how I would define myself.

Do you know how and why all of this got started in the first place?
Why all of what got started???

If you refer to the conflict in Ukraine, you could almost say that it started with the ouster of President Kuchma. Then the follow-on protests and the start of the Orange Revolution. This pissing contest really goes back to 2004/05 and has the makings of a bad movie between Russia and Ukraine. But we did sign the Budapest Memorandum in 1994 that we must stand-by faithfully.

The Budapest memorandum provided that the three powers committed to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine and to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine. Significantly, the wording suggests Russia's insistence that Ukraine forgo an EU trade deal may have already breached the terms of the agreement. The signatories agreed to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind.

There is an arguement that this does not legally oblige the US and other western powers to intervene, I still say that it does require us to do something. Russia has already violated the spirit and letter of this agreement through the economic pressure applied to Ukraine in the run-up to the Vilnius Summit, when then president Viktor Yanukovich declined to sign the EU deal.

These are my thoughts, intrested to get your take Blythe.

This post was edited on 7/17 5:01 PM by cwbarr1[/QUOTE] Are you sure those are your thoughts? Interestingly, with a simple Google search of one sentence, I found the same thing stated word for word in an article written by two Kiev journalists. Are you a Kiev journalist or did you just scramble to Google to find an answer to a question you really didn't know anything about? See link.

Click on the first article... Look familiar?

Originally posted by 1Clemzunfan:

And what does vatiger1, CuWrX8314, cwbarr1 and nikao1002 suggest "we" do, if in fact, this jet was shot down?

Just curious since y'all seem very emotional about this.
Well sparkie, for starters, I am not really that emotional about it. It is what it is, and we continue to see that this administration is still over its head in global situations.

Now, we are pretty sure that the jet was shot down. When the head of the seperatist movement has confirmed they shot an aircraft down today that was flying in the same location as the crash site of flight MH-10, kinda points in the direction that somebody might've shot the thing down.

Next, instead of doing sanctions that really aren't doing much to hurt the Russians, we really should start targeting the Russian banks. Putting the squueze on them will increase the pain. Putin knows this, why do you thing the is flying everywhere and trying to get BRIC's setup with China, Brazil, Iran etc.

We should also start targeting and freezing assets for Russian officials within the government and memebers of large companies. Again adding pressure on Putin. They currently hold about $165b in treasury bonds but seem to be in the process of dumping them on them on the market anyway. Since we have started the small snactions they have dumped about $35b to this point anyway.

We should also suspend the $71.5m that we continue to give them every year in the name of foreign aid.

I would also start training exercises in Western Ukraine with a light Bde from the 173rd and the 2nd ACR. Create a rotation much like US forces do and have done in Kuwait.

So, in about 10 minutes that what I would do. How bout you Blythe? Keep drinking the progressive koolaid?

Sorry to disappoint but I'm as far from progressive as the current (2014) definition, it had a much different definition back in the 1800's but even that definition isn't how I would define myself.

Do you know how and why all of this got started in the first place?
Why all of what got started???

If you refer to the conflict in Ukraine, you could almost say that it started with the ouster of President Kuchma. Then the follow-on protests and the start of the Orange Revolution. This pissing contest really goes back to 2004/05 and has the makings of a bad movie between Russia and Ukraine. But we did sign the Budapest Memorandum in 1994 that we must stand-by faithfully.

The Budapest memorandum provided that the three powers committed to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine and to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine. Significantly, the wording suggests Russia's insistence that Ukraine forgo an EU trade deal may have already breached the terms of the agreement. The signatories agreed to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind.

There is an arguement that this does not legally oblige the US and other western powers to intervene, I still say that it does require us to do something. Russia has already violated the spirit and letter of this agreement through the economic pressure applied to Ukraine in the run-up to the Vilnius Summit, when then president Viktor Yanukovich declined to sign the EU deal.

These are my thoughts, intrested to get your take Blythe.

This post was edited on 7/17 5:01 PM by cwbarr1
Are you sure those are your thoughts? Interestingly, with a simple Google search of one sentence, I found the same thing stated word for word in an article written by two Kiev journalists. Are you a Kiev journalist or did you just scramble to Google to find an answer to a question you really didn't know anything about? See link.

[/QUOTE]
I suspected something by the way it was posted but didn't bother to check, pretty funny 1Clemzunfan!!

Malaysian airliner shot down in Ukraine(Netherlands to Malaysia) and all the savages want to take this immediately into a US based leadership fail. And seriously, when is the last time any tragedy happened and a political leader is praised? Maybe Rudy Guilani, that's about the only guy I can think of in the last 30 years. So what's the point of even that shit up. It's a waste time for everyone.
Eff all of y'all. I hope if and when this happens to someone close to you we don't spend time blaming a public official.

Hundreds if not thousands of kids have lost their parents today. I hope and expect none of them suffered. We are a global society, have some class.
RIP all.

Like all Presidents, he has done things I agree with, has done things I disagree with and has tried to do things I both agree with and don't agree with but was blocked. Your position (he has done everything wrong) is untenable.

I promise I will make you a more than worthy opponent for debate. "Dumb" is not one of my attributes. You might want to cut back on the tea.

Yep, pretty much was easier to do that then stay at work working it all out and writing it. Took a short cut and got busted. Still doesn't change the intent or thought.

Blythe, it is intresting about what you said though about the money. With what you stated then we are in effect worthless as a power in the world. Except as a consumer market, but if and when the dollar goes out, we are no better than Mexico. Correct?

What are the alternatives other than laying down to Russia or China and letting them have it. I'm really intrested to get your input

This post was edited on 7/17 6:30 PM by cwbarr1

you people will debate this airliner shootdown and what bodyodor should do about it.....as if he, or anybody else could do anything, but none of you have anything to say about the border crisis or the flood of illegal immigrants or bodyodor's plan to give amnesty to all illegals currently inside US borders. I have already called my congressman and told him I wanted the asswhole impeached.

The terrible bipartisan rhetoric and inability to communicate rationally as American citizens that is on display in this thread is why we could be in trouble. Always keep that in mind when discoursing with each other. Another important topic has now been shoved to the Round Table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT