ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Movie: I Can Only Imagine

Interesting. As a spiritual person I have not felt that, but I know that we each live our faith in our own ways. How has the previous 8 years most impacted you?

Actually I have flourished over the last 8 years as I recognized that America was being abused by the Swamp which is both Republicans and Democrats in DC ripping Americans a new one

Money is made both on being long and short

Figure out which you need to be

If the recent spying on Congressional Senators Trump and Republicans along with unmasking does not concern you then I know where you stay and it’s not in my circle

The next great evolving danger is the large internet providers

That is why I will never put something like an Alexa in my house or Smart TV

The information can flow both ways

Totally understand and I appreciate the constructive debate. Is there an act he could commit, or have committed, that would cause you to stop supporting him as president? Or do you completely separate his character from the requirements of the job?

In answering your question Jesus had disciples in some cases that were criminals yet they provided the Message despite that

And as it has been said Trump has protected Christian values far more than the previous president and what many liberals are trying to make happen. Not being mean, just truthful. Regardless of if trump is a Christian or not. Trump could just be God's puppet for the country that was built on the bible. Maybe it's just the long arm of the Lord at work to preserve some biblical convictions that sustain a nation.

Just curious... isn’t it hypocritical to follow Jesus and still support trump? Isn’t trump basically the antichrist?

Absolutely not, I have proof he’s a born again believer by a highly respected source. This disturbs me that someone would say this, unless they’re a flaming liberal and speak nothing but lies and fake news. Today the closest analogy to an anti-Christ is a Democrat / liberal who support abortion, homosexuality, and transgenders which are undeniably contrary to God’s Word, the Holy Bible.

Now I don’t hate these people, but pray for them the scales will be removed from their eyes, and all will know the truth, by God’s standard and not man.

I Corinthians 2, tells us why you will always have opposition and arguments over true Christian beliefs. Most people that argue with a born again Christian are usually somewhat religious, but not born again. Being born again, by realizing you're a sinner, repenting and receiving Christ as your only forgiveness. Even man can't do this, the Holy Spirit has to do the convicting through the preaching (hearing) of God's word. In faith you submit to His call and miraculously born again. As you grow in grace and knowledge (BY SEARCHING AND STUDYING THE BIBLE IN PRAYER), the Spirit will teach you things that you could never understand. Being born again is truly an amazing thing that happens and God is the one that initiates it and produces the life changing! We just turn to His Son's sacrifice in repentance at the time of visitation! I was born again 5-29-1997 at a tent revival at the age of 21, and previous years of hellish thoughts and lifestyle was removed. I suddenly became more interested in the things of God, like the church, the bible and so on, instead of the things that consumed my lifestyle before. It was all God that done that the moment I went forward as a convicted lost sinner and received Christ as my only hope.

Awesome for you, see you in eternity with Him

I genuinely appreciate the response. I am a spiritual person, and I can't come to grips with such a horrible person leading our country. I am shocked that the religious right is not speaking out against him (FTR I am libertarian).

A couple follow up questions (for you and others) -
If you are concerned about religious freedoms, wouldn't it be better to support impeaching trump and have Pence as president?
And how has your ability to practice your religion been affected the last 8 years? (not debating you, just trying to understand how you have been impacted).

Another second of Obama or a Hilliary and Christians would be sport for lions in the coliseum in Rome. Wake up. They both hate Christians, and evidence is clearly documented. The Islam artifacts that had to be cleaned out of the White House from the last resident required an exorcist for cleansing.

I should probably put you on ignore because you are just spouting rhetoric that is fed to you like a sheep, but what the hell I'll reply.

You can condemn trump and hillary at the same time. It's not either/or. Nothing about my post was about his effectiveness as a president - it is about his character. I can't reconcile how a Christian can support someone like Trump. Nothing you offered helped explain that.

As a Christian, I'm not going to judge his faith. He professes to be a Christian... who am I to say he isn't?
We are all sinners. That includes our President, our preacher, etc. I have no idea what's in Donald Trump's heart. Just as I have no idea what's in yours. I do have an idea as to his vision for the direction of our country. And I'm with him. All in.

As a Christian, I'm not going to judge his faith. He professes to be a Christian... who am I to say he isn't?
We are all sinners. That includes our President, our preacher, etc. I have no idea what's in Donald Trump's heart. Just as I have no idea what's in yours. I do have an idea as to his vision for the direction of our country. And I'm with him. All in.
Just curious if that was your feeling on Obama as well?

Absolutely not, I have proof he’s a born again believer by a highly respected source. This disturbs me that someone would say this, unless they’re a flaming liberal and speak nothing but lies and fake news. Today the closest analogy to an anti-Christ is a Democrat / liberal who support abortion, homosexuality, and transgenders which are undeniably contrary to God’s Word, the Holy Bible.

Now I don’t hate these people, but pray for them the scales will be removed from their eyes, and all will know the truth, by God’s standard and not man.
Someone needs to pray for you if you think for one moment that Trump is a born again Christian. I believe I have heard it all now.

Someone needs to pray for you if you think for one moment that Trump is a born again Christian. I believe I have heard it all now.

So, a person can’t be a born again Christian if they have sinned earlier in their life......hmmm...what part of born again do you not understand ?

Just curious, do you ever ask if it is hypocritical to follow Jesus and support politicians who happily endorse the slaughter of unborn children?
giphy.gif

The marriage of convenience that is Donald Trump and the religious right really is the gift that keeps on giving. The character assassination of someone like Obama by the right while pushing an embarrassment like Trump who brought dick size into a debate and tweeted, as the leader of the free world, about beating up another old out of touch white guy, is truly fascinating.

I still haven't seen anyone in this thread elucidate the ways that Obama infringed upon their religious freedoms or how Trump has ameliorated them.

I genuinely appreciate the response. I am a spiritual person, and I can't come to grips with such a horrible person leading our country. I am shocked that the religious right is not speaking out against him (FTR I am libertarian).

If you are concerned about religious freedoms, wouldn't it be better to support impeaching trump and have Pence as president?
And how has your ability to practice your religion been affected the last 8 years? (not debating you, just trying to understand how you have been impacted).

First, tell me what the charge would be to support impeaching Trump? The Constitution states that impeachment proceedings can only be for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors"? We are a country of laws!! Secondly, you need to stop listening to Maxine Waters!! Speaking of "horrible people running our country", Obama, in my view, will go down in history as one of the worst presidents ever. He, basically, was anti American in most everything he did, and no, I am not going to get into a long written discussion about my views on Obama!! (FTR I am conservative).

In what way has your freedom to practice your religion changed under the Trump administration?

It’s not so much that I have been affected in how I’m able to practice my religious freedoms on a daily basis but that other things, some of which Obama either put into place or strongly supported have been overturned or counteracted. I don’t have a running list. I guess I could google search and come up with one. Point is, Obama’s sided against people of religion many times, especially in instances of conscience objection to things like performing abortions or even distributing birth control, which is against some religions. Everly thing doesn’t have to line up with what I believe but no one should be forced to provide something that irrefutably goes against what they believe out of fear of government backlash. I’m sure I’ll be accused of being a conspiracy theorist but Obama had done some things that really concerned me about what 8 more years of someone who believed like he believed could lead to for religious groups, especially Christians, whom he seemed to not like very much.

I don’t care a whole lot for Donald Trump. He’s childish and he needs to show much better leadership among other things. I also believe he’s the most “religion friendly” president probably since Reagan. And my faith isn’t based on some religion. It’s based on the Bible and it is 100% dependent on my personal relationship with Jesus Christ who I believe died for my sins and the sins of the entire world. Many on here don’t believe that. It’s very clear the way you mock anything that mentions anything to do with believing in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible. That’s okay. You have that right and I have that right as well. It seems to be okay in this country, especially for the liberal media and entertainers in general to mock Christians in way they would never mock a Muslim or many other groups. I would like to see that same consideration given to Christians.

So, a person can’t be a born again Christian if they have sinned earlier in their life......hmmm...what part of born again do you not understand ?
Of course they can. Born again Christians still sin though as do we all. What part about Trump do you not understand?

Want to see it soon.

Also, a new movie about the apostle Paul coming out today. Very much want to see it.
I used to not understand Paul. But once you really GET the gospel of grace, and really dig into what he's saying, it's just all revelation and truth. Big, big fan of Paul. Sometimes I think Paul and John are the only ones who REALLY got it.

I am much more of a James guy, but I do understand the Paul appeal. I just think James view of grace is much more of a commitment to show your heart has changed.

Totally understand and I appreciate the constructive debate. Is there an act he could commit, or have committed, that would cause you to stop supporting him as president? Or do you completely separate his character from the requirements of the job?

The ends justify the means. They all but say it....no they do say it. He could perform an abortion and they would still support him.

Reactions: VeniceTiger
Trump is leading a booming economy and has North Korea and ISIS shitin their collective pants. He’s certainly not Billy Graham but seems a lot better than crooked Hilldawg.

Earle, you watched the news the last week ? Dow is nose diving due to trade war started by your savior Trump. Things are starting to unravel in EVERY way for him. Btw, do you support his sleeping with Stormy Daniels?

Reactions: VeniceTiger
Earle, you watched the news the last week ? Dow is nose diving due to trade war started by your savior Trump. Things are starting to unravel in EVERY way for him. Btw, do you support his sleeping with Stormy Daniels?

I don't condone it but the alleged affair was before he took office. Should it prevent him from becoming President? Bill Clinton's immorality took place in office, under his desk. It amazes me some of the the men on this board ( and I'm not referring to you) who objectify women, make crude remarks, post what they would like to do to them....yet act appalled by something Tump may have done many years ago. Guess its Ok if you do it anonymously behind a keyboard.

That's a beautiful story, but I'm having a hard time connecting that with how Christians can support trump. Why are more people on the right not calling for his impeachment and supporting Pence as president?
As a Christian I am called to pray for all of our leaders especially Trump. This doesn't mean I agree or support everything he does or says.

Just curious, do you ever ask if it is hypocritical to follow Jesus and support politicians who happily endorse the slaughter of unborn children?

When are people going to realize its NOT about killing babies BUT about protecting the right of individual choice?

When we lose the right to choose, you better hide your guns..... cause the Constitution has been thrown out the window.

Its about protecting the rights of individuals. And yes- its unfortunate some abuse the privilege. But its still their right.

Reactions: muddkoet29
When are people going to realize its NOT about killing babies BUT about protecting the right of individual choice?

When we lose the right to choose, you better hide your guns..... cause the Constitution has been thrown out the window.

Its about protecting the rights of individuals. And yes- its unfortunate some abuse the privilege. But its still their right.

It is exactly about killing babies. You don't have the "right " to take the life of an innocent baby because you don't want to take responsibility for your actions.

You know what? I felt the same way....until the day after the election.
Part of my struggle with Trump is that, like many people, I really wanted a kind, good, honest, honorable man as president. Actually, someone a lot more like Mike Pence.

But the day after the election, it hit me:
God NEVER uses that kind of person to accomplish His work.
Throughout the Old Testament, every single person used by God was the most screwed up, lying, cowardly, murdering, weak person you can imagine.
They were ALL a bunch of major screw ups!
Moses, David, Daniel, Abraham.....massive, massive character flaws in EVERY CASE!!! BUT...that is who God chose to accomplish great things.

I think the reson is this:
If a truly great man, a Robert E. Lee character, accomplishes great things, the man gets the glory for it.
But if a major screw up accomplishes great things, it is God who gets the glory.

There was a Pentacostal pastor named Kim Clement who, about 9 years ago, profesied Trump becoming predident.
He profesied everything: the wall, vicious attacks by the media, the ecomy explding, everything.....and Trump being president 2 terms.
Search Youtube for it. Fascinating. There ARE profits, and there are those who heal supernaturally.
God i

The marriage of convenience that is Donald Trump and the religious right really is the gift that keeps on giving. The character assassination of someone like Obama by the right while pushing an embarrassment like Trump who brought dick size into a debate and tweeted, as the leader of the free world, about beating up another old out of touch white guy, is truly fascinating.

I still haven't seen anyone in this thread elucidate the ways that Obama infringed upon their religious freedoms or how Trump has ameliorated them.

I can answer that question.

Trump signed an executive order which lifted restrictions on pastors discussing politics from the pulpit.

BTW, you are aware that the Constitution NO WHERE says, or even IMPLIES, "separation of church and state", right?

Reactions: dktum

Oh - you think the "right of individual choice" is that which should be paramount. Ok, let's try this out and see how it works...

Should an individual be allowed to ride a horse on the interstate? Of course not.

Should an individual be allowed to exercise his choice to own surface-to-air missiles? Of course not.

Should an individual be allowed to exercise his choice not to pay taxes? Of course not.

Should an individual be allowed to kill his/her newborn baby? Of course not.

Well, the only differences between newborn and unborn babies are size, level of development, environment, and degree of dependency. None of these differences can account for denying someone the right to live. None of these are what provide human beings with their worth. No, their worth inheres from the very essence of being human. Human essence is not something one has by degree. It is the same from conception to death.

The "right of individual choice" is a senseless concept absent an articulation of the choice being made. In the case of abortion, the choice being made is that to kill a baby. You may deny that until the day you die, but that is the unvarnished absolute truth of the matter.

It is exactly about killing babies. You don't have the "right " to take the life of an innocent baby because you don't want to take responsibility for your actions.

I know exactly where you are coming from but that's not how the lawmakers, courts, or Constitution looks at this issue.

People have made it an emotional debate, when in fact it has nothing to do with emotion/sentiments.

Its a protection of the right for an individual to choose what is right or wrong for themselves.

Do you want a government that tells you what you can and cannot do on a daily basis?

I don't agree with abortion and its not something we would ever consider, but the courts have this one right.

Reactions: ClemTiger9
Oh - you think the "right of individual choice" is that which should be paramount. Ok, let's try this out and see how it works...

Should an individual be allowed to ride a horse on the interstate? Of course not.

Should an individual be allowed to exercise his choice to own surface-to-air missiles? Of course not.

Should an individual be allowed to exercise his choice not to pay taxes? Of course not.

Should an individual be allowed to kill his/her newborn baby? Of course not.

Well, the only differences between newborn and unborn babies are size, level of development, environment, and degree of dependency. None of these differences can account for denying someone the right to live. None of these are what provide human beings with their worth. No, their worth inheres from the very essence of being human. Human essence is not something one has by degree. It is the same from conception to death.

The "right of individual choice" is a senseless concept absent an articulation of the choice being made. In the case of abortion, the choice being made is that to kill a baby. You may deny that until the day you die, but that is the unvarnished absolute truth of the matter.

The problem with your scenarios is that- in each of them - the rights/safety/well being of others is jeopardized.

Not true with abortion. Apples to oranges.

Reactions: ClemTiger9
The problem with your scenarios is that- in each of them - the rights/safety/well being of others is jeopardized.

Not true with abortion. Apples to oranges.

Here is the deal. If the unborn child is not a human being, no explanation for abortion is necessary. If the unborn child is a human being, no explanation for abortion is sufficient.

The unborn child is a human being. Therefore, in every abortion a human being is killed. There could not be a better example of jeopardizing the "rights/safety/well being of others".

I don't condone it but the alleged affair was before he took office. Should it prevent him from becoming President? Bill Clinton's immorality took place in office, under his desk. It amazes me some of the the men on this board ( and I'm not referring to you) who objectify women, make crude remarks, post what they would like to do to them....yet act appalled by something Tump may have done many years ago. Guess its Ok if you do it anonymously behind a keyboard.

So true.
The way the media reacted then and now is TOTALLY different.
With Bill, it was "well, that's his persoal business".
I worked at Bosch at the time, and had a liberal manager tell me that. I aked her, "So if I have a female employee give me a b.j. at work, it's ok, because it's my personal business, right?".."No, you'll be fired."
"So what is the difference?".
Suddenly, she couldn't answer.
I said, "He works for us. He did this at the workplace. He needs to be fired."
No response.
What is wrong with people?

I know exactly where you are coming from but that's not how the lawmakers, courts, or Constitution looks at this issue.

People have made it an emotional debate, when in fact it has nothing to do with emotion/sentiments.

Its a protection of the right for an individual to choose what is right or wrong for themselves.

Do you want a government that tells you what you can and cannot do on a daily basis?

I don't agree with abortion and its not something we would ever consider, but the courts have this one right.

Unfortunately, it is a political issue, NOT a legal issue, in the courts.
The Constitution doesn't mention abortion, same sex marriage, separation of church and state, or a lot of other things, but somehow, the Supreme Court has "discovered " it, anyway.
BUT the very basis of America has always been the support of life, liberty, and property.
And science defines human life, from conception, as 23 pairs of chromosomes that defines EVERYTHING about who we are....from the very MOMENT of conception.

Here is the deal. If the unborn child is not a human being, no explanation for abortion is necessary. If the unborn child is a human being, no explanation for abortion is sufficient.

The unborn child is a human being. Therefore, in every abortion a human being is killed. There could not be a better example of jeopardizing the "rights/safety/well being of others".

I'm not arguing with you. I see it both ways. I'd just rather have the individual right to choose than the opposite. Like I said, taking away freedom of choice would be a slippery slope to taking away a lot of things individuals can now do.

All you have to see is the world view of the judges each has appointed.

Reactions: thryan
In what way has your freedom to practice your religion changed under the Trump administration?
This. I am constantly perplexed as to what people construe as "having their religious freedoms taken away". As long as your personal ability to believe and worship isn't taken away (provided you do so without forcing others to take part or prohibit their ability to do the same), then what can/has been done to take your freedoms away? It seems to me that the only complaint tends to be that others ar not forced to go along with your beliefs when theirs differ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT