ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sexual assault allegations

Didn’t say you were dumb. Said you looked dumb in a childish attempt to correct a grammatical error on a message board. It happens.

Yeah.... If it were the other way around, doubt you would have quoted his post and done the same. I'm sure he's very appreciative of your support.

amy, pretty much every woman I know would tell you to GFY with that comment. you are certainly more qualified than I am to speak to your own personal motivations. If thats why you dress a particular way, great. thats your choice. that doesnt mean you should expect to be sexually harassed. or that its ok. or that you invited it.
Well Ice, I'm pretty sure that you don't have the authority to speak on this issue either...

I highly doubt sexual harassment is a big problem in the circles you run with b/c, let's face it, liberal women are just plain ugly...

Yeah.... If it were the other way around, doubt you would have quoted his post and done the same. I'm sure he's very appreciative of your support.

i've sparred with @Howard's Jock plenty of times on this board so i really doubt he's caping for me because of some personal or political affiliation. it's much more likely that he recognizes how silly you are as a person.

In this thread people with penises tell a woman that she is unqualified to say she understands women. Seems legit.
zFjXrxp.png

Reactions: DanceDaboDance
In this thread people with penises tell a woman that she is unqualified to say she understands women. Seems legit.

Think a few feel because I'm a woman who loves Clemson football and am on a football message board....
I couldn't possibly relate to "female" things. Haha.

Reactions: DanceDaboDance
oNJbOCA.png

So let me see if I have this straight.... a woman who dresses like this should not expect a man to make any comments about the way she's dressed? I'm certainly NOT suggesting that a woman dressed like this gives a man any right to touch or assault her. Absolutely not! But this chick should be expecting a lot of inappropriate comments. Because she's going to get them. Men are very "visual" creatures.

Is this girl one of those who who made an accusation?

Think a few feel because I'm a woman who loves Clemson football and am on a football message board....

you still don't get it.

you can't relate to the large majority of women i know because you actively support ideas, politicians, and views that directly hurt women.

Exactly. It is ironic how many try to generalize what type of woman I am based on my posts. That I'm somehow " anti-women". I see nothing wrong with wearing a sexy dress. I do it myself. Because I can. I don't dress in clothes that hide my body. I work hard to be in shape and am proud of my body. But I'm not going to run crying when I have on a sexy dress and get attention. Just ignore it. And I've been sexually assaulted too. So I think I'm much more qualified to speak than the majority of you.

Truly sorry to hear that. Really I am. That's why I'm surprised to hear a victim's attempt at marginalizing the subject ....on any level.

oNJbOCA.png

So let me see if I have this straight.... a woman who dresses like this should not expect a man to make any comments about the way she's dressed? I'm certainly NOT suggesting that a woman dressed like this gives a man any right to touch or assault her. Absolutely not! But this chick should be expecting a lot of inappropriate comments. Because she's going to get them. Men are very "visual" creatures.

If you compliment her on her nice tan... is that inappropriate?;)

Reactions: amynhop
this culture exists everywhere. EVERYWHERE. thats the point. fox news. churches. the business community. its EVERYWHERE. and its wrong.

Not saying it's right. I just don't understand the atmosphere I guess. Do people not have any self-respect? It's not like some exec has a gun to your head....the decision to do this to advance your career or whatever is still being made.

you still don't get it.

you can't relate to the large majority of women i know because you actively support ideas, politicians, and views that directly hurt women.
funny as this goes both ways, yet you consider people with opposing views as "living in a bubble", and the whole "war on women" thing is complete bullshit.

Reactions: BDAZED and amynhop
Truly sorry to hear that. Really I am. That's why I'm surprised to hear a victim's attempt at marginalizing the subject ....on any level.

I am not attempting to marginalize anything. Sexual assault is NEVER acceptable. I would have to know exactly what happened on a case by case basis. I'm sure some are legit. I'm sure some are not.

Last edited:
Not saying it's right. I just don't understand the atmosphere I guess. Do people not have any self-respect? It's not like some exec has a gun to your head....the decision to do this to advance your career or whatever is still being made.
Lol. But it's not a choice. Most times it's either do this or you don't have a career, because I can destroy your career. I guess some just do it and try to justify it in their minds. Does not make it right.

Maybe similar to a male having to sacrifice his wife or girlfriend to advance his career because his boss wants to screw her. How far do you let it go. What if that executive wanted to screw you. Your big boss is gay and he wants you.

Scary how some of y'all think. Including @amynhop. Says she's not a feminist but then clouts her own opinion as being superior only because she's a woman. I guess that rules her out to provide opinions on issues such as racial shootings and even on the game of football because she is neither a black guy or ever played the game.

Oh, wait....

abso****inglutely not. its not a woman's job to deal with it. verbally harassing a woman because of the way she dressed is ****ing wrong, and women should not just have to handle it on their own. its wrong. full stop.

are you a predator? do you think you get to walk down the street and say whatever you'd like to women because they are wearing tight pants, or their cleavage is showing and its their job too deal with it? **** me.

You are a pathetic whinny example of a man. I'm sure you support participation trophies, safe spaces, and pretty much everything thing else that has screwed up the youth of this country. If you aren't gay you sure missed one hell of an opportunity.

Lol. But it's not a choice. Most times it's either do this or you don't have a career, because I can destroy your career. I guess some just do it and try to justify it in their minds. Does not make it right.

Maybe similar to a male having to sacrifice his wife or girlfriend to advance his career because his boss wants to screw her. How far do you let it go. What if that executive wanted to screw you. Your big boss is gay and he wants you.

Scary how some of y'all think. Including @amynhop. Says she's not a feminist but then clouts her own opinion as being superior only because she's a woman. I guess that rules her out to provide opinions on issues such as racial shootings and even on the game of football because she is neither a black guy or ever played the game.

Oh, wait....

So because someone is more important powerful than you in your industry you aren't allowed to say no? I can tell you this, if some female executive told me I had to sleep with her to get a promotion that would double my salary I would tell her to go KYS and then report it to HR.

And your first example is terrible.....any guy who would let his boss sleep with his wife to get a promotion is a worse human being than the boss anyways.

So because someone is more important powerful than you in your industry you aren't allowed to say no? I can tell you this, if some female executive told me I had to sleep with her to get a promotion that would double my salary I would tell her to go KYS and then report it to HR.

And your first example is terrible.....any guy who would let his boss sleep with his wife to get a promotion is a worse human being than the boss anyways.
Lol if you think HR would help you. HR pretty much means the company's resources protector, not human protector.

Lol if you think HR would help you. HR pretty much means the company's resources protector, not human protector.

I wouldn't need HR to "help me." That would just be for the purpose of getting it on the record. And it wouldn't change anything. I may not get the promotion but I definitely wouldn't be sacrificing my self respect to advance my career.

Oh, wait....

I never said my opinion was superior because I'm a woman. I merely said I am more qualified to provide insight with a woman's motives for dressing, etc. than you men. Who can argue that? It's a fact. There are lots on this board (besides me ) who aren't black and have never played a down of football and give opinions on racial shootings and the game. I give my opinion. Doesn't make me an authority. I am; however, an authority on being a woman.

I wouldn't need HR to "help me." That would just be for the purpose of getting it on the record. And it wouldn't change anything. I may not get the promotion but I definitely wouldn't be sacrificing my self respect to advance my career.
Well, why should you even be put in that situation? That's the piont. You shouldn't.

I never said my opinion was superior because I'm a woman. I merely said I am more qualified to provide insight with a woman's motives for dressing, etc. than you men. Who can argue that? It's a fact. There are lots on this board (besides me ) who aren't black and have never played a down of football and give opinions on racial shootings and the game. I give my opinion. Doesn't make me an authority. I am; however, an authority on being a woman.
Lol. You're an insight into a woman's view, you're not necessarily more qualified. Other women likely disagree but you never see that or dismiss them because they don't follow your way of thinking.

It's the same as if you gave a good well thought opinion on black lives or racial discord and a black guy said his opinion was better merely because he was black.....you'd have a field day stating such was wrong, and you would be correct.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Well, why should you even be put in that situation? That's the piont. You shouldn't.

I shouldn't. I would ideally not want to be at a party with people are snorting blow either but I'm certainly capable of refusing it and making the CHOICE to get myself out of the situation.

I'm probably less against your opinion than I'm letting on but I'm kinda torn on the subject matter. I just don't think "well I thought my career was ruined if I didn't let him have sex with me so I went ahead and let him do it" is a good excuse. Should someone ever be put in that situation? No. Should people who do that be caught and punished? Yes. But the victim is still choosing to elevate their career over their self-respect in many of these circumstances.

I shouldn't. I would ideally not want to be at a party with people are snorting blow either but I'm certainly capable of refusing it and making the CHOICE to get myself out of the situation.

I'm probably less against your opinion than I'm letting on but I'm kinda torn on the subject matter. I just don't think "well I thought my career was ruined if I didn't let him have sex with me so I went ahead and let him do it" is a good excuse. Should someone ever be put in that situation? No. Should people who do that be caught and punished? Yes. But the victim is still choosing to elevate their career over their self-respect in many of these circumstances.
Well, a lot coming out on this are people who said no and suffered repercussions. Of course, you also have the death by a thousand cuts where no is said multiple times and things don't change.

I think some are really strong and just leave jobs or leave with having to start all over again. Or, they are labeled troublemakers or some other dum shit that can also ruin them.

Bet there aren't too many men on the planet who haven't done some inappropriate flirting. And that goes for lots of women too.

Amen and some people make false claims which is a real problem

Been accused before on the flimsious of claims

Seems a woman lying about harrassment gets a pass

I get it some are legitimate but there are lots of vengeance is mine says the spurned or rejected woman

Hard to tell what’s real. It is interesting that like what happened to Trump. Some are made public so close to the election that there isn’t enough time to prove or disprove the allegations. A good example is what happened to the allegations against Trump? What happens if one of the accusers was sued for defamation of character.

I think it has gotten out of hand. However, I have 2 daughters and I would hate it if they experienced some of the actions these men are supposed to have done. I have come to realize that women in the past had to endure some pretty crass or threatening behavior to advance there careers. I realize that most of what is talked about is the cesspool of Hollywood but even there I would expect humans to treat other humans with respect. But put males and females together in close proximity daily and inappropriate behavior will occur and usually it will be the male doing it. If you're a male doing these things in the workplace you better stop or you'll find yourself pumping gas for a living. You better not meet with a member of the opposite sex along either.
So, then, exactly WHAT has "gotten out of hand"? Women reporting on harassment or men harassing women?

Most young men will drop out of the game or not no what to do in certain situations. If you come to the aid of a woman being groped you are called out for "white knighting". Can't win. Fire up the Subarus...they'll all be lesbians in 10 years.

Welp, this thread turned into a dumpster fire. Lot of shouting matches and a LOT of "mansplaining" going on. Guess we shouldn't expect anything less from a message board that loses its mind at least twice a week over "poor coaching decisions" from a 9-1 team.

Last edited:
amy, pretty much every woman I know would tell you to GFY with that comment. you are certainly more qualified than I am to speak to your own personal motivations. If thats why you dress a particular way, great. thats your choice. that doesnt mean you should expect to be sexually harassed. or that its ok. or that you invited it.

As per usual, you take a great deal of license with what people say so you can keep your agenda going. She never said you should expect to be harassed or that it's OK or that a woman even invited it. You said that to make sense of your drivel. She simply said that a woman wears those things in such a way as to be noticed, look beautiful, etc. As such, a woman shouldn't be offended by getting attention. That never said it's OK to harass or assault a woman sexually. Duh!

Reactions: cutigers532

You missed a key point. It's also because you're conservative, don't fall apart when adversity strikes and don't get offended when someone makes a piggish comment toward you and scream for help.

It's disappointing to see the way people act in these discussions. It's all about furthering narratives and very little about anything else. That is a sad state of affairs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT