ADVERTISEMENT

Perry Noble Removed

Give Newspring credit for doing what they did. Not really surprised he struggled with alcohol given his struggle with depression and anxiety. Hope he gets the help he needs. Im sure a lot of people are in a church listening to a preacher that's has done a lot worse today. I'm willing to bet some good ole southern baptist churches are having a party to celebrate today. The hypocrisy of organized religion is the reason why people continue to leave churches.

This is my problem...the guy has so many vices. For a man of God, you figure he would be a better person.

This may sound awful but I'm glad it wasn't something worse, which we've seen from church leaders in the past. The last thing we need is for the national media to have something else to persecute Christianity for. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Yeah religion's problem is TOTALLY the media.

I actually stopped going to Newspring because of Perry. I was on the FCA leadership team when I was at Clemson and we invited Perry to come speak one night. He came to dinner with us prior and he didn't say 10 words to us the whole time. Had his "team" answer our questions while he was on his phone. Maybe he was just having a bad day but it really impacted me to see him act that way.

Anyway, hope he gets better. Everyone knows Brad Cooper is the only real deal on that staff.

It is in the Old Testament. It is not part of the New Covenant. Perry has threatened bad things will happen to you if you don't tithe and even tried to tell people the Seed and the Sower was about tithing...that is beyond pathetic.

Listening to their services, and I have listened to many of them, they put tithing above everything else.

Well, to be fair, in the early New Testament church, they gave everything. Check out what happened to Ananius and Sopphira.

Perry Noble removed for struggles with alcohol and marriage problems, just announced now
Feel bad for Perry. He's not my particular taste in pastors, i think he's more for new believers. But he ha lead thousands to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
I'm disappointed in his church for removing him. I think remiving a pastor who is facing personal issues is not show love and grace toward them.
Sad. No one wins but Satan.

You should probably study your Bible a little better. This is a very well known verse.

James 3:1

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation
I think you have taken that verse out of context
There is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ.

This is probably a huge planned out ordeal where he seeks help and comes back and writes a multi gazillion dollar book about the whole thing. He's the truest definition of an attention whore
Yeah this is my question did they spin this as a step back to get things together?

Reactions: andcam
This is probably a huge planned out ordeal where he seeks help and comes back and writes a multi gazillion dollar book about the whole thing. He's the truest definition of an attention whore

This is probably exactly what this is. He is going away too quietly to not still be completely in control of the situation. Probably just wanted a year long vacation. I mean he's got the money.

Feel bad for Perry. He's not my particular taste in pastors, i think he's more for new believers. But he ha lead thousands to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
I'm disappointed in his church for removing him. I think remiving a pastor who is facing personal issues is not show love and grace toward them.
Sad. No one wins but Satan.

The announcement detailed the process the team went through to remove him. Basically said he had been dealing with the issues for a long time and the church leadership had come along side him with support but Perry hadn't taken the steps to make things right.

Reactions: Tiger Earl
Bigger question is how does this impact recruiting?

Who is our new bagman? Or is Newspring still willing to get their hands dirty?

Reactions: clemsontigerfan07
I see the wolves are hungry this morning! I can understand the dislike for a person and why some don't like perry. But for the ones celebrating his downfall, you my friends are the problem. Even more so than people like perry. He has changed more lives (for the good) than any of you could do in a lifetime.

Flame away!

Absolutely not.....
We are all created equal with a biblical standard to live by. We (ALL) have stepped outside the box and Im very happy God forgave me and you and he will forgive Perry Noble and he deserves a second chance.
I Timothy 3
“This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1ti.3.1-7.kjv

Just like Dabo didn't build Clemson alone, neither did Perry.

There are incredibly talented and good people involved at NS. This church will not fall apart, however it will change with a leadership change.

I Timothy 3
“This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1ti.3.1-7.kjv
Thank you for posting. False teachers (Pastors) has watered down the Bible so much people don't even know what's in it.

Absolutely not.....
We are all created equal with a biblical standard to live by. We (ALL) have stepped outside the box and Im very happy God forgave me and you and he will forgive Perry Noble and he deserves a second chance.

The Bible is pretty clear about the standard by which leaders, preachers, etc. will be measured. It never says that preachers are perfect, won't struggle with sin, and should be fired if they do, but it's clear there is a distinction and higher bar set for those leading others.

The issue here was clear if you watched the announcement. This wasn't a got caught drunk deal. Apparently Perry had been struggling for a while and the church had addressed it with him and done everything in their power to get him some help. Unfortunately it appears that whatever has a hold of him, whether it's alcoholism or depression, etc. it is continuing to pull him down to a level that makes him unable to lead in the church leadership's eyes.

It's sad, regardless of your opinion on that church or that preacher, a lot of people that have found their place there and are left with lots of questions.

I hope good comes out of it.

Funny to see people kick a man when he's down. I didn't know we had so many perfect people in this world and all on TI at once. Amazing.

Not only Perry and his family need prayer and help but alot of other stone throwers ITT as well.
Not many of us lead 32000 member mega churches with 17 campuses.

Just my opinion not judging Perry was never called by God to preach. True men of God understands scripture and knows what it means
You don't have some taxi cab driver in Israel teach him the Bible as Perry once said. Go to a Bible believing Seminary to get your teaching if God calls you to preach.

Not many of us lead 32000 member mega churches with 17 campuses.

So what's your point? Please post back in 2 months when you lose your job for drinking too much. That way we can all celebrate and tell you how much better we are!

Take a lap

This would seemingly be good news in terms of getting him away from the football program
Unless Dabo hires him as Chaplin or some assistant.

Does Perry have any sons near college age that play football and could possibly thrive on special teams?
I see the wolves are hungry this morning! I can understand the dislike for a person and why some don't like perry. But for the ones celebrating his downfall, you my friends are the problem. Even more so than people like perry. He has changed more lives (for the good) than any of you could do in a lifetime.

Flame away!
the bolded line truly sums up the snobbery and condensation that pulls many away from Christ and especially the Church.

It's not a tally. And, many like Perry change lives for the worse.

And you guys wonder why some don't like Newspring. I don't really care for mega churches or the near worship of pastors and I do feel for people who suffer like Mr Noble but the absolute, "well he's better than you" does not help either.

Sounds like a bunch of old women bragging about how much money their husband make as a comparison to how good of a man he is-was.

In the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

People don't drink the sand 'cause they're thirsty. They drink the sand 'cause they don't know the difference.

Just my opinion not judging Perry was never called by God to preach. True men of God understands scripture and knows what it means
You don't have some taxi cab driver in Israel teach him the Bible as Perry once said. Go to a Bible believing Seminary to get your teaching if God calls you to preach.

The guy was a joke. It is just a shame he has convincedso many people otherwise.

The cab driver should have sent everyone running. If not that, when he used the N word while preaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT