ADVERTISEMENT

Perry Noble Removed

The entire situation is sad. Perry and NS both need prayers right now. I am sure there are a lot of people who feel betrayed, confused and angry right now.

Perry is a man and is fallible just like any other man. With that said he is held to a higher standard of judgement and if his life is spinning out of control the leadership at NS was justified in removing him.

I hope he gets the help he needs and truth be told it may end up being best for all involved that he was removed. I can't imagine the stress he was under to keep feeding the beast. New leadership is at times a really good thing.

More Christians need to follow this verse:

Psalm 118:8
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

Tell the newspringers that that have the newspring logo with the letter P in the middle on the back of their vehicles. They worship that awkward creepy dumbass.

Anyone who thinks this is only about alcoholism is fooling themselves. No way they'd slaughter their cash cow over booze.

My guess is it has been going on for years. He probably came in drunk to church multiple times and stayed drunk during the week. That is the way drunks operate. They are completely worthless, weak minded losers.

Reactions: OrangeForever
I have no doubt in my mind, and I say this in all seriousness, if this were pre-1980s, Perry would be institutionalized. He is a weird dude with a lot of problems and has always been that way.

I actually stopped going to Newspring because of Perry. I was on the FCA leadership team when I was at Clemson and we invited Perry to come speak one night. He came to dinner with us prior and he didn't say 10 words to us the whole time. Had his "team" answer our questions while he was on his phone. Maybe he was just having a bad day but it really impacted me to see him act that way.

Anyway, hope he gets better. Everyone knows Brad Cooper is the only real deal on that staff.

When were you in leadership with FCA? What year(s)?

Anyone that is currently on "staff" that they hire to take over this organization will fall right in lock step with what has been going on there since new springs inception. There will be no change. They will continue to sow seeds among the rocks and new "believers" will spring up but quickly wither as they have no roots.

Reactions: Ron Munson
Anyone that is currently on "staff" that they hire to take over this organization will fall right in lock step with what has been going on there since new springs inception. There will be no change. They will continue to sow seeds among the rocks and new "believers" will spring up but quickly wither as they have no roots.

What do your roots look like?

Sorry brother. I am not a grey hipster.

I just make sure I am very educated on something before I talk about it. Whether that be Perry, Hillary, GW, guns, WW2, or whatever other topic.

Gotcha. We're you in loved with FCA at Clemson?

Gotcha. We're you in loved with FCA at Clemson?

No I was not. Just never could get into it. I had nothing against it, there were plenty of good people involved and I think they did a great job, I just never could get it to it. I was there 01-06 btw.

You are either trolling or didn't read my post.

I literally said that the church leadership did exactly what you suggested.

I don't pretend to know the details, but common sense would say the last thing they wanted to do was remove him and lots of good people who care deeply for him have been by his side trying to help for a long time.

not sure what point you are trying to make

Ive read so much bull on here, I'm sick of it.
On one hand, you sound sure that the church leadership would have supported him, had he agreed to go to rehab, etc. Then you say you don't know the details.
Which is it?

Look, Perry is a controversial guy. I'm not aways a fan of the way he operates. I don't go to Newspring. But, when hundreds of people accept Jesus on a weekly basis, its pretty clear to me that God is using him.

If you don't really have insider information, then you're just a guy on the outside with an opinion like me.

I know grace and forgiveness and healing. I know how Jesus reacted to those who condemned sinners, too (ie, the Pharisees ).

There are lots of Pharisees in this thread, and I know Jesus well enough to know what He thinks of them. And it's not good.

No I was not. Just never could get into it. I had nothing against it, there were plenty of good people involved and I think they did a great job, I just never could get it to it. I was there 01-06 btw.

I was there 01-05 then worked there 05-08. Had a lot of fun playing in the FCA worship band

Sorry brother. I am not a grey hipster.

I just make sure I am very educated on something before I talk about it. Whether that be Perry, Hillary, GW, guns, WW2, or whatever other topic.

Don't forget deer hunting.

If any Perry sympathizers were smart they would start a thread about killing deer over piles of corn to distract you.

2doug1112.jpg

This is my problem...the guy has so many vices. For a man of God, you figure he would be a better person.

Ah, you mean like David, who was a liar, manipulator, adulteror, and murderer? Yet God called him a man after His own heart.

You, sir, have a judgemental, Pharisee spirit. You may know about Jesus, but you don't know Him.

Stop your judging and look how God has used this, admittedly imperfect, man to expand His kingdom.

Reactions: nseverett
Ah, you mean like David, who was a liar, manipulator, adulteror, and murderer? Yet God called him a man after His own heart.

You, sir, have a judgemental, Pharisee spirit. You may know about Jesus, but you don't know Him.

Stop your judging and look how God has used this, admittedly imperfect, man to expand His kingdom.

You are either trolling or have no clue about the Bible. You also havent the slightest clue what i am talking about. I actually feel bad for you.

You should probably study your Bible a little better. This is a very well known verse.

James 3:1

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation

Now that I've had time to read that verse, i can clearlydispute you.
Unfortunately, like so many, you pull a verse out of context and try to apply to to a totally different situation.
ALL of the opening verses of James 3 deal with the importance of teaches to teach the true gospel.
First off, i don't see Perry as a teacher at all, but as a preacher. They are totally different gifts. Perry's teaching, if you want to call it that, is quite shallow, which is common with most preachers. Most preachers reallydon't have a very deep understanding of the Word.

The verse you chose is simply an admonition to TEACHERS that it is important to have a thorough understanding of the Word, clearly so that people are not mislead. This has NOTHING to do with firing preachers who have a personal problem, nor with anyone falling from grace, etc.
Now, if there is someone teaching that homosexuality is ok, when that is clearly, in multiple places, not correct, maybe that teacher should be removed. That has nothing to do with this situation.

Want a verse that applies here? Try Romans 8:1.

Unfortunately, like so many, you pull a verse out of context and try to apply to to a totally different situation.
ALL of the opening verses of James 3 deal with the importance of teaches to teach the true gospel.
First off, i don't see Perry as a teacher at all, but as a preacher. They are totally different gifts. Perry's teaching, if you want to call it that, is quite shallow, which is common with most preachers. Most preachers reallydon't have a very deep understanding of the Word.

The verse you chose is simply an admonition to TEACHERS that it is important to have a thorough understanding of the Word, clearly so that people are not mislead. This has NOTHING to do with firing preachers who have a personal problem, nor with anyone falling from grace, etc.
Now, if there is someone teaching that homosexuality is ok, when that is clearly, in multiple places, not correct, maybe that teacher should be removed. That has nothing to do with this situation.

I give up. You have no clue about the Bible and it doesn't surprise me. It isn't even worth explaining to you.

Ive read so much bull on here, I'm sick of it.
On one hand, you sound sure that the church leadership would have supported him, had he agreed to go to rehab, etc. Then you say you don't know the details.
Which is it?

Look, Perry is a controversial guy. I'm not aways a fan of the way he operates. I don't go to Newspring. But, when hundreds of people accept Jesus on a weekly basis, its pretty clear to me that God is using him.

If you don't really have insider information, then you're just a guy on the outside with an opinion like me.

I know grace and forgiveness and healing. I know how Jesus reacted to those who condemned sinners, too (ie, the Pharisees ).

There are lots of Pharisees in this thread, and I know Jesus well enough to know what He thinks of them. And it's not good.

You are not a smart person. If you can't decipher between hateful anti-Newspringers who are foaming at the mouth to kick him while he is down, and his closest friends and church leadership who had to make what was undoubtedly a horribly tough call and say enough is enough, then it's worthless to engage you in conversation.

If you think that they just fired that dude for a first time offense or without countless efforts to help him, then you are goofy.

You, as usual, are missing the point. If you want to call out those on their high horse in this thread as hypoctites, I can see your point. It makes no sense for you to throw the people that got rid of him under the bus though.

And to be such a self proclaimed main of faith your Biblical knowledge dealing with church discipline, leadership, etc. is severely lacking.

Wow.

It is in the Old Testament. It is not part of the New Covenant. Perry has threatened bad things will happen to you if you don't tithe and even tried to tell people the Seed and the Sower was about tithing...that is beyond pathetic.

Listening to their services, and I have listened to many of them, they put tithing above everything else.
for a long time, they were pro tithing to other churches. i think lots of church's still hold pretty strongly the traditional 10% tithing, and in my opinion, he was more critical on the rich than he was on the poor. i recall him being critical of those who were middle income but spent money on luxury items, like college football tickets, but never recall them saying it is more important to tithe than feed your family and provide shelter.

wasn't a member, i provided some financial contribution but also prefered to spend money on other ministries, including catholic charities and miracle hill ministries in gv... newspring was efficient at bringing in the tithes, but i never felt it was inappropriate... was it a point of empahsis... yes, but i never felt pressured. just my opinion. best of luck to him and his family.

for a long time, they were pro tithing to other churches. i think lots of church's still hold pretty strongly the traditional 10% tithing, and in my opinion, he was more critical on the rich than he was on the poor. i recall him being critical of those who were middle income but spent money on luxury items, like college football tickets, but never recall them saying it is more important to tithe than feed your family and provide shelter.

wasn't a member, i provided some financial contribution but also prefered to spend money on other ministries, including catholic charities and miracle hill ministries in gv... newspring was efficient at bringing in the tithes, but i never felt it was inappropriate... was it a point of empahsis... yes, but i never felt pressured. just my opinion. best of luck to him and his family.

What you said is fair.

I don't so much have a problem with churches pushing tithing. Churches need money to operate, especially those like mine that spend a siginficant amount of their budget on the poor in the community and supporting foreign missions.

When a church pushes a tithe like a financial planner would push a 401(k) contribution, I dont have an issue with it. What I mean by that is some people may not have a clue what they should give to the church, so the church says, "well in the Bible it talks about 10%"....I dont have any issue with that. But when a church like NewSpring pushes 10% as the law, then threatens bad things will happen to you if you don't give 10%, then takes stories like the Seed and the Sower and make them about tithing ,when it has absolutely nothing to do with tithing, that is when I see a problem.

Tithing, giving literally 10%, is an Old Law, and it wasn't even referring to money. It was referring literally to their livestock and harvest....but Perry didnt see it that way.

I also thought it was pathetic all the rules Perry came up with when it came to tithing. For example when he says the 10% goes to your church. If you want to give to a missionary, or Samartians Purse, or an orphanage in Haiti....none of that counts towards your 10%. And the 10% is of your gross paycheck, not your take home pay.

Question: is it true or not true that "owners" at Newspring are required to submit their tax returns to church leadership annually to prove that they are tithing? Someone who knows please clarify.

This is my first entre into gif creation. I hope some of you enjoy this.
13475.gif

Sorry this guy has an addiction problem to both alcohol and other people's money. It's sad and extremely pathetic.

Whatever his issues are hopefully he will get help . Like i mentioned earlier for the elders and other church leaders to remove him so suddenly there are probably other underlying issues involved with him that could come up later after the dust settles .

Question: is it true or not true that "owners" at Newspring are required to submit their tax returns to church leadership annually to prove that they are tithing? Someone who knows please clarify.

No. They keep records of everyone who gives....so they can track who is actually tithing and so you have a record for your tax return.

I doubt many will believe this, but Perry once said if you ask for prayer, he will pull your tithing records. He even said "you laugh, you think it is funny? I will do it"

Reactions: CMTiger15
No. They keep records of everyone who gives....so they can track who is actually tithing and so you have a record for your tax return.

I doubt many will believe this, but Perry once said if you ask for prayer, he will pull your tithing records. He even said "you laugh, you think it is funny? I will do it"
i'd point out keeping tithing records is a normal practice in many many churches and has been for some time. i helped with it at my church 16 years ago when i was in high school, which pre-dated the big data movement. now pulling tithing records before praying for you... that's cold, by any standards.

i'd point out keeping tithing records is a normal practice in many many churches and has been for some time. i helped with it at my church 16 years ago when i was in high school, which pre-dated the big data movement. now pulling tithing records before praying for you... that's cold, by any standards.

Yes. I should have specified, keeping tithing records is not unique to Newspring. Most churches do it for tax records

What you said is fair.

I don't so much have a problem with churches pushing tithing. Churches need money to operate, especially those like mine that spend a siginficant amount of their budget on the poor in the community and supporting foreign missions.

When a church pushes a tithe like a financial planner would push a 401(k) contribution, I dont have an issue with it. What I mean by that is some people may not have a clue what they should give to the church, so the church says, "well in the Bible it talks about 10%"....I dont have any issue with that. But when a church like NewSpring pushes 10% as the law, then threatens bad things will happen to you if you don't give 10%, then takes stories like the Seed and the Sower and make them about tithing ,when it has absolutely nothing to do with tithing, that is when I see a problem.

Tithing, giving literally 10%, is an Old Law, and it wasn't even referring to money. It was referring literally to their livestock and harvest....but Perry didnt see it that way.

I also thought it was pathetic all the rules Perry came up with when it came to tithing. For example when he says the 10% goes to your church. If you want to give to a missionary, or Samartians Purse, or an orphanage in Haiti....none of that counts towards your 10%. And the 10% is of your gross paycheck, not your take home pay.

fair enough, and deserving of a like, can't say i've ever looked into it that closely, and wasn't really aware that the 10% rule had been thrown out. i'm catholic, although my wife isn't so we are mostly not strictly denomination anymore. but yeah, 10% isn't even reconginzed by the biggest money grabbing church of them all, so i've got to agree with you. holding strong to that and giving people crap over it isn't really appropriate. also the church is a universal body, not a church. giving to charity is different than giving to a church, but giving to christian ministries in my opinion is giving to "the church". Unless my church is heavily focused on missions i never want my church to have more money than it takes to operate well. holograms are a luxury item that i'd say most churches dont need.

Everybody does that. It was not my question. Rumor goes, to be an owner (a member in every other church's vernacular) you have to give them your tax return to prove to them that you have tithed.

Obviously, he's not a believer in karma. That's a shame. It could have really helped him out.

Perry Noble removed for struggles with alcohol and marriage problems, just announced now
I will pray for anyone who falls and I hope anyone who is ill can be healed.

That being said, you don't have to be a biblical scholar to know the examples of those who served who eventually fell because they allowed themselves to take credit for God's blessings or works in the world.

This is what has always fueled my suspicion of the celebrity preacher of the megachurch. They tend to achieve great financial wealth by selling what God has loaned them. They sell books, etc. inspired by The word to eager learners and keep the proceeds and tell everyone to ignore their multimillion dollar homes or lifestyle. They, in a sense, steal God's fruit.

ADVERTISEMENT