ADVERTISEMENT

Perry Noble Removed

I love how there are those who clearly have no belief in God or Christianity wait for things like this to happen to come out and either make jokes of the situation or decide to become blowhards and use it to discount it. Fact is there will be more than 50% of us who have some sort of addiction to SOMETHING and/or have or have had issues in our marriages - but somehow he's immune to it because he's a Christian? Pathetic - go ahead and throw those stones.

If you don't want to believe, fine. You aren't going to change the minds of those that believe by your rhetoric.

At the same time I won't try and convince you that Jesus is real, or God exists or whatever. You wouldn't believe anyways because of my words. Hopefully it doesn't take some drastic situation to have Him get your attention.

Unless Dabo hires him as Chaplin or some assistant.

Does Perry have any sons near college age that play football and could possibly thrive on special teams?

the bolded line truly sums up the snobbery and condensation that pulls many away from Christ and especially the Church.

It's not a tally. And, many like Perry change lives for the worse.

And you guys wonder why some don't like Newspring. I don't really care for mega churches or the near worship of pastors and I do feel for people who suffer like Mr Noble but the absolute, "well he's better than you" does not help either.

Sounds like a bunch of old women bragging about how much money their husband make as a comparison to how good of a man he is-was.

How is that snobbery? It's a fact! I'm not saying he was better than anyone else but if you can't see for yourself that he made a difference in people lives then you are blind.

Reactions: FreeSC
I'm not gonna hate on Perry, as this is a problem that any of us could deal with (hell, many people out there already do).

However, I will say that this is a clear example of the biggest problem I have with churches and organized religion.

First off, they've become too monetized. When you're constantly begging people to tithe, to the point where you're preaching damnation at them if they don't...that's just not a good look.

Secondly, there are just far too many incidents of the leaders of these Churches committing these serious sins and being involved in scandals...all the while preaching damnation to their congregation about how to live their life.

This is exactly why Churches and organized religion are dying off.

How is that snobbery? It's a fact! I'm not saying he was better than anyone else but if you can't see for yourself that he made a difference in people lives then you are blind.
And, you guys line up to brag about it. Yep, tally it up and show it off. And then claim your better. Yes, but that is bragging and snobbery. Which, last I checked is a sin.

JMO:

I think his motive and enthusiasm to bring others to Christ and his belief in God were and are sincere.....you can certainly question some of his actions and how he went about things as well as some of his language from the pulpit,etc( which made him polarizing).......think in a way he tried to act too cool to relate to those he was trying to reach

He was also honest about his past and personal demons and could not get past them ...why is a good question...A minister that does not practice what he preaches will eventually go down. The larger your following the more public it is.

Am sure there is more to the story but probably for his sake and privacy best to minimize because many of the dependent type personalities he targeted and reached will suffer, be confused and turn back the other way.

Can someone explain prayer to me? How does it work exactly?

Let's say that I "pray" for this guy and the church and his family. Am I asking God to redirect his efforts from whatever he was already working on? Like "hey God, there's an issue over here that I think you might be interested in.." If God knows everything already, don't you think he's already working hard to correct whatever is wrong with Perry Noble?

God does not zap people ...everyone has their own free will
There are many books on prayer....you might want to buy one or have a session with your minister

Hey for all the Noble bashers out there, now that he's out of the picture at Newspring, you are more than welcome to join us next Sunday for Clayton King who will be preaching.

On a side note, great story of God's work today out of Florence, SC. The man who was rescued at the. Turtles Nest and turned his life around was a powerful message. Check it out online at Newspring later today. Make you appreciate how fortunate we all are on here.

Reactions: nseverett
You don't beg people to tithe, you teach them. Tithing and giving are Biblical teachings and add value to one's life.

Some of most successful people I know are also the most generous. I am a firm believer in the law of reciprocity and this goes much deeper than just money. Generous with their time, generous with their wisdom and on and on and on.

I also believe in the law of first truths. What you are taught as a child by the people you love and trust are difficult to forget and overcome. Whether right or wrong... whether it"s racial, moral or concerning religion .

You have scripture to support that?
I sure don't know of any.
The gospel is one of forgiveness and grace.

Yes God is about forgiveness and grace as you are saved by his grace but:
There were many punished in the bible....especially the old testament ...bible has any passages related to this...

Clayton always seemed like the most mature guy at NewSpring. Maybe they should just hire him.

I've always stayed on the fringe of the Newspring topic, but a few things:

Why focus a Sunday morning worship service on Perry Noble instead of Jesus Christ? They could have announced his termination via email/website and spent this morning on much more relevant subject matter.

The focus/shaming on tithing combined with Perry's extreme personal wealth has always troubled me. I'm all for pursuing unlimited personal success, but doing so by shaming middle class folks into handing over their hard-earned money under the guise of salvation isn't the way to get there.

Perry just appears to be a generally creepy dude. From the way he presents himself to the way he has conducted church business. Clemson football's close affiliation with him and Newspring was always unsettling to me.

I hope he gets his personal affairs in order and finds peace. He has taken enough money from people that earning a living shouldn't be an issue or distraction. He has the ability to focus on his family and his health.

So, what are these "marital problems" they speak of??

Let's be real here...most New springers worshipped Perry like a god or something so this had to be something pretty bad to actually fire him...especially considering how conscientious they are of their public perception. Seems like they would have just asked to him to take some time off for awhile & get some help for his alcohol abuse. And if the marital issues involved cheating, well, usually people are forgiving about such things...so I think it may be worse than just a standard affair in this case...

Reactions: Ron Munson
I've always stayed on the fringe of the Newspring topic, but a few things:

Why focus a Sunday morning worship service on Perry Noble instead of Jesus Christ? They could have announced his termination via email/website and spent this morning on much more relevant subject matter.

The focus/shaming on tithing combined with Perry's extreme personal wealth has always troubled me. I'm all for pursuing unlimited personal success, but doing so by shaming middle class folks into handing over their hard-earned money under the guise of salvation isn't the way to get there.

Perry just appears to be a generally creepy dude. From the way he presents himself to the way he has conducted church business. Clemson football's close affiliation with him and Newspring was always unsettling to me.

I hope he gets his personal affairs in order and finds peace. He has taken enough money from people that earning a living shouldn't be an issue or distraction. He has the ability to focus on his family and his health.

This is a good post. You should've attached the video where Perry says that if you don't believe in tithing 10% you're stupid and that your kid will get sick if you don't tithe enough.

Hopefully our football program gets far, far away from Perry Noble and Newspring.

Reactions: GMClemson33
Don't understand anyone who would question to need for him to be removed. Sure, he's having difficulties but it probably is not the first time.

If he were abusing children or women would you be as hesitant to remove him because to do so would be kicking him while he is down?

He probably needs time in a recovery facility and therapy too. He is best tending to his personal needs than worrying about how to keep his $64 million budget.

Newspring will survive. Christianity will survive. The latter is based on someone who lived more than 2,000 years ago. Perry Noble impacted people in a little community in a little state in a medium sized country. Most people have never heard of him.

I'm not gonna hate on Perry, as this is a problem that any of us could deal with (hell, many people out there already do).

However, I will say that this is a clear example of the biggest problem I have with churches and organized religion.

First off, they've become too monetized. When you're constantly begging people to tithe, to the point where you're preaching damnation at them if they don't...that's just not a good look.

Secondly, there are just far too many incidents of the leaders of these Churches committing these serious sins and being involved in scandals...all the while preaching damnation to their congregation about how to live their life.

This is exactly why Churches and organized religion are dying off.

So what % of churches have been involved in some type of scandal? Just wondering what you think the % of them are.

You are generalizing in almost every single one of your points. I have yet to attend a church (and I have been attending churches my whole life) that preaches damnation if I didn't tithe. They teach the principle of it sure, but I don't feel pressured into losing my salvation over it.

I have yet to become a part of a church where the head of the church has been involved in a scandal. Sure, there are going to be some Bc we are human, but the %s of scandals doesn't outweigh the rest.

Lastly, I personally haven't attended a church that made damnation a focus instead of grace and mercy. Are there consequences for our decisions and choices? Absolutely. They are even held to the same consequences but I personally have never looked at a Pastor and thought he was perfect.

Can someone explain prayer to me? How does it work exactly?

Let's say that I "pray" for this guy and the church and his family. Am I asking God to redirect his efforts from whatever he was already working on? Like "hey God, there's an issue over here that I think you might be interested in.." If God knows everything already, don't you think he's already working hard to correct whatever is wrong with Perry Noble?
Pretty shitty of God to let it happen in the first place

This is a good post. You should've attached the video where Perry says that if you don't believe in tithing 10% you're stupid and that your kid will get sick if you don't tithe enough.

Hopefully our football program gets far, far away from Perry Noble and Newspring.
WTF? lol

LOL at religious people. This was always a certainty with PN, just a matter of time...

What are you LOL'n at specifically? Just wondering.

I don't and never have attended PNs church, but I fail to see what you are laughing at "religious" people for.

Reactions: scartiger

Yes. We will let you lead our football program then.

I know we all love the success of our football program but there are many of you that have that part of you that is extremely pissed off thst Dabo professes Jesus and uses his "religion" as a part of Clemson Football culture.

Admit it, it burns you up on the inside - LOL.

So what % of churches have been involved in some type of scandal? Just wondering what you think the % of them are.

You are generalizing in almost every single one of your points. I have yet to attend a church (and I have been attending churches my whole life) that preaches damnation if I didn't tithe. They teach the principle of it sure, but I don't feel pressured into losing my salvation over it.

I have yet to become a part of a church where the head of the church has been involved in a scandal. Sure, there are going to be some Bc we are human, but the %s of scandals doesn't outweigh the rest.

Lastly, I personally haven't attended a church that made damnation a focus instead of grace and mercy. Are there consequences for our decisions and choices? Absolutely. They are even held to the same consequences but I personally have never looked at a Pastor and thought he was perfect.
Are there consequences for not tithing?

I love how there are those who clearly have no belief in God or Christianity wait for things like this to happen to come out and either make jokes of the situation or decide to become blowhards and use it to discount it. Fact is there will be more than 50% of us who have some sort of addiction to SOMETHING and/or have or have had issues in our marriages - but somehow he's immune to it because he's a Christian? Pathetic - go ahead and throw those stones.

If you don't want to believe, fine. You aren't going to change the minds of those that believe by your rhetoric.

At the same time I won't try and convince you that Jesus is real, or God exists or whatever. You wouldn't believe anyways because of my words. Hopefully it doesn't take some drastic situation to have Him get your attention.
Honestly, it's not about anything anyone did, it's about the hypocrisy.

Are there consequences for not tithing?

Disclaimer *if you aren't a Christian I don't anticipate that you will understand this principle.

I believe that the principle of sowing and reaping is applicable. What you sow, you reap. I believe that the local church is important to the community of the church. I believe the local church needs funds to keep the lights on and to help others in need whether locally or internationally. I believe that the Pastor should get paid for being the pastor - I bet you like getting paid by your employer. I believe it takes money to do all those things (duh). Well.....who is supposed to provide that money?

I believe that because God has blessed me with everything I have, that I should give back to His interests and His cause. To me, part of this is the church.

I don't anticipate that you will agree with the above and that's fine. You can choose what you want to do with your money and I can choose what I want to do with mine. We all can think for ourselves and we all have choices. This is mine.

I have no idea about percentages, nor did I attempt to reference any percentages. I simply said that this was "my issue" with churches and organized religion, which come from my personal experiences.

If you'd like examples, I'll be glad to share..

1. I grew up in Orangeburg, SC. A guy named Christian Ryder passed away while drinking and driving. The pastor of Harmon Memorial Pentecostal (where my friend attended) said that the Lord spoke to him and he was going to bring Christian back to this world. It was literally cult gatherings with all these adolescents (and even parents bought into this) for about a week or so...where a TON of money was raised.

Well guess what? Christian never rose from the dead...and oh by the way, the pastor stepped down a few months later after he was caught having an affair with a member of the choir.

2. Back when I was dating my wife, I attended her small town Baptist church with her. Her mother was actually the secretary of the church and wrote all the checks. While attending church, the preacher went on and on about how the church needed money and what God thinks of those who don't tithe the full 10%. It was one of the most uncomfortable hours I've ever had in a church. This is the same preacher that was so religious, he would not allow members to have wedding receptions at his church if they intended on dancing at the reception...that's right, I didn't say drinking...I said DANCING. Don't ask me why, but apparently his interpretations of the Lord's word is that dancing is a sin.

Long story short, this same preacher that turns down the rent money (the money people would pay to rent out the fellowship hall for a wedding)...over dancing...and the same preacher that preached an entire sermon on damnation for not tithing because the church needed money, all the while was paying his son $300 a month out of the church account for the labor involved in cutting the Church's grass twice a month...and it may have been 3/4 of an acre...at most. Also, the church was helping out his son's family who was financially in need, by paying their utility bill for them each month.

Oh and here's the kicker...that son had two kids out of wedlock...which was the primary reason the church was having to misappropriate their funds to "help" them...then turn around and try to guilt the rest of the congregation out of more money because the church account was running dry...smh.

3. Let's not even talk about the many national stories of high level church leaders misappropriating funds, or sexually violating young members of the church.

4. The New Spring example is another good one.

And there have been others that I've seen personally and/or heard about...but that's enough to justify my point for what I said in my OP.

That's not a blanket statement for all churches or church leaders, as there are some very good ones out there. However, it's no secret that churches and organized religion are dying off...and I feel the examples above play a huge role in that...atleast I know for sure that's the case for me.

When the people preaching damnation and telling you how you're supposed to live your life, are living lives way worse than yours, it's absolute hypocrisy and a total joke.

***Oh I forgot to mention...the pastor (which was a different pastor than the one I referenced in my #1 or #2 points) who conducted the marriage ceremony for me and my wife, was very hardcore. When we sat down with him for pre-marriage counseling prior to our wedding, he was very adamant about making sure we knew the commitment we were getting into in the eyes of God...etc, etc..

Well guess what...about a year after he conducted our marriage ceremony, his wife caught him having an affair and divorced him for adultery.

Last edited:
Reactions: tb!rd
The announcement detailed the process the team went through to remove him. Basically said he had been dealing with the issues for a long time and the church leadership had come along side him with support but Perry hadn't taken the steps to make things right.
People under attack need love, support, and healing.
A brother should have come along side him, encouraged him to get into a good rehab program, helped keep him accountable, and loved and prayed for him through his healing.

This is not the love that Christ demonstrated repeatedly to those who had problems. This is not grace. This is acting like the world.

Disclaimer *if you aren't a Christian I don't anticipate that you will understand this principle.

I believe that the principle of sowing and reaping is applicable. What you sow, you reap. I believe that the local church is important to the community of the church. I believe the local church needs funds to keep the lights on and to help others in need whether locally or internationally. I believe that the Pastor should get paid for being the pastor - I bet you like getting paid by your employer. I believe it takes money to do all those things (duh). Well.....who is supposed to provide that money?

I believe that because God has blessed me with everything I have, that I should give back to His interests and His cause. To me, part of this is the church.

I don't anticipate that you will agree with the above and that's fine. You can choose what you want to do with your money and I can choose what I want to do with mine. We all can think for ourselves and we all have choices. This is mine.
I understand what you're saying perfectly. You touched my question, but to fully be clear. God does indeed punish those who do not tithe and "rewards" those who do?
I understand the obligation that you have because it's your Church and you want to support it. Also, not judging those who tithe.

Don't forget your 10%, it's too hot outside for God to take your AC away

Reactions: Ron Munson
People under attack need love, support, and healing.
A brother should have come along side him, encouraged him to get into a good rehab program, helped keep him accountable, and loved and prayed for him through his healing.

This is not the love that Christ demonstrated repeatedly to those who had problems. This is not grace. This is acting like the world.

You are either trolling or didn't read my post.

I literally said that the church leadership did exactly what you suggested.

I don't pretend to know the details, but common sense would say the last thing they wanted to do was remove him and lots of good people who care deeply for him have been by his side trying to help for a long time.

not sure what point you are trying to make

@TAINT_PAINT hit that "Perry Noble, Jimbob post" one more time for old times sake...one of my all-time favorites!
1526547_10101196123525788_91603046_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT