ADVERTISEMENT

Perry Noble Removed

I'm sure things will not change w him leaving

If Clayton King becomes the permanent pastor things will change but I have my doubts he will give up his ministry to take over Newspring full time. Regardless of what people think of Perry Noble being the face and leader of a church that large is extremely stressful.

Question: is it true or not true that "owners" at Newspring are required to submit their tax returns to church leadership annually to prove that they are tithing? Someone who knows please clarify.

I've been an owner for a decade and have never once turned in tax returns. Thinking that 30,000 people would actually turn in their tax returns is insane.

I believe that the New Testament teaches that God loves a cheerful giver. There are several great passages in Corinthians on giving that we live by.

I beleieve everything I have comes from the Lord. I see my giving as a way to identify with the Lord. He gave the most anyone could give.

I liked that Newspring taught on money. Jesus talks about money almost as much as anything else. Jesus understood that your money is closely tied to your heart. In other words you can follow a mans heart by what he does with his money.

Hopes this clears this up for you. In my decade at Newspring nobody has even asked what I made much less sought a tax return.

Clayton King is one of the worst preachers I've ever heard. Can't put my finger on why I disliked him that much but I definitely wanted to leave many weeks as soon as I saw he was preaching that week.

I am praying for Perry and his family as well as the Newspring church family. They are all hurting and need the support of fellow Christians.

However, I do want to point out one thing. I see a lot of comments on social media about Perry being brave in this ordeal. That may be the case, but the leadership of Newspring should also receive kudos for their bravery. In a day and age where so many people don't hold people to standards, this leadership team has made a tough decision with their senior leader to take their ultimate step of discipline. It seems to me that Perry's bravery has come when he has no other option and all would have been better had he dealt with this months or years ago.

Yes. We will let you lead our football program then.

I know we all love the success of our football program but there are many of you that have that part of you that is extremely pissed off thst Dabo professes Jesus and uses his "religion" as a part of Clemson Football culture.

Admit it, it burns you up on the inside - LOL.

You have me completely wrong. I am a Christian and I love that Swinney is a professed Christian.....I just don't like that our program is associated with a cultish church like Newspring and a fake Christian zealot fraud like Perry Noble.

That's all.

So, what are these "marital problems" they speak of??

Let's be real here...most New springers worshipped Perry like a god or something so this had to be something pretty bad to actually fire him...especially considering how conscientious they are of their public perception. Seems like they would have just asked to him to take some time off for awhile & get some help for his alcohol abuse. And if the marital issues involved cheating, well, usually people are forgiving about such things...so I think it may be worse than just a standard affair in this case...

Most New Springers do not worship Perry like a God. You're very wrong there. Please stop that aquization.

62754499.jpg

Reactions: AtomicTiger
Just my opinion not judging Perry was never called by God to preach. True men of God understands scripture and knows what it means
You don't have some taxi cab driver in Israel teach him the Bible as Perry once said. Go to a Bible believing Seminary to get your teaching if God calls you to preach.

If he wasn't called to preach, why has his ministry resulted in the fastest growing church in America?

Preaching, not taching, is clearly his annointing.

Did you watch it? You better be glad that I showed this to you because otherwise you would've never known that your car/truck is gonna break down if you don't hurry to Newspring and give your 10%. The first fruits are very important there.
Yea. Reminds me why i no longer attend Church. Kinda pisses me off that psycho had so much influence over people. First time i've heard him speak besides when he said the N word lol

Yes God is about forgiveness and grace as you are saved by his grace but:
There were many punished in the bible....especially the old testament ...bible has any passages related to this...
The old testament was before the gospel of grace, which began at the cross. We are not under the Law, or the 10 commandments.
"Sin shall have now power over us, for we are not under Law, but grace."
Rom 8:1 There is NO CONDEMNATION for those who accept Christ Jesus."
The single biggest problem in the church today is that they do not understand that law and grace are opposites. They are taught mixture. Jesus tries to warn this. Remember what He said about putting new wone in old wineskins? That is exactly why you see no miracles in yiur church. You are taught mixture.

Reactions: IMBlessed

I'm leaving this here for you since you've never seen it. It is mind bottling that anyone in their right mind could want to attend church to listen to this lunatic.
"There's a reason you can't keep your kid out of the Doctors office."
Holy shit. New Spring "Owners" thoughts?

Anyone who thinks this is only about alcoholism is fooling themselves. No way they'd slaughter their cash cow over booze.
Not sure what everyone's problem is with money. Jesus talked about money a lot. Money is important. The physical part of God's Kingdom operates on money.
Yet a lot of people don't seem to want the blessings that are promised them when they faithfully tithe.
Why would you not want to be blessed?
Do you think God is a liar?
I don't.

Not sure what everyone's problem is with money. Jesus talked about money a lot. Money is important. The physical part of God's Kingdom operates on money.
Yet a lot of people don't seem to want the blessings that are promised them when they faithfully tithe.
I don't.
Go to bed.

If he wasn't called to preach, why has his ministry resulted in the fastest growing church in America?

Preaching, not taching, is clearly his annointing.
Same as Joel Osteen. Just cause someone has the fastest growing church in America doesn't mean they have been called to preach. I'll back up what I say with God's Word can you show me scripture backing up your statement about growing a church means they've been called to preach?

Same as Joel Osteen. Just cause someone has the fastest growing church in America doesn't mean they have been called to preach. I'll back up what I say with God's Word can you show me scripture backing up your statement about growing a church means they've been called to preach?
Exactly. The prosperity gospel. People run to that. They don't want to hear about sin, denying themselves, and taking up their cross and walking with him daily. It's what they can get from it. Say a prayer, say you accept Jesus, and then do whatever you like. You are saved. It's a watered down gospel.

Feel bad for Perry. He's not my particular taste in pastors, i think he's more for new believers. But he ha lead thousands to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
I'm disappointed in his church for removing him. I think remiving a pastor who is facing personal issues is not show love and grace toward them.
Sad. No one wins but Satan.

Obviously if they removed him then things have gotten real bad, if not reckless. At some point would it not be worse for his church if he had been caught with a DUI or a disorderly conduct charge? The risk then of his church imploding would have been way too high. I am sure they made this move out of love and compassion (including to others who depend on that church) and after they gave him more than enough chances.

I don't.

Ok...now I know you are trolling.

I once heard someone say "the church needs you far more than you need it" And that is true.

There are plenty of good churches out there, and if just two or three people meet in your living room to worship, that is church.

So many churches today have turned into huge money makers.NewSpring was ran 100% like a business, it was not a chuch. They talked about money every service and many of the sermons were focused entirely on money. They boasted regularly about their attendance and how many people they supposedly saved...metrics just like a business would use. Even yesterday they mentioned mutliple times they had the "best leaders and best church in the world"

That is not God's idea of a church.

This is a good post. You should've attached the video where Perry says that if you don't believe in tithing 10% you're stupid and that your kid will get sick if you don't tithe enough.

Hopefully our football program gets far, far away from Perry Noble and Newspring.

Unless..........Announcement by the CUAD that PN is gonna be the new Team Chaplain! lol

God doesn't want your money. Give 10% of your time to someone who needs it. The average month is 30 days. That's 3 days a month spent helping, volunteering, giving of your heart to someone who will truly be touched by Love. One weekend a month.

God is Love. Compassion is the hand of God.

We worship money in this country. "In God We Trust" is printed on every face of it. With no gold standard, it takes great faith from us to believe that the number printed on a green piece of paper is worth face value. Most of US devoutly report for work, and worship at the Alter of Money 5 days a week, if not more. We work hard for our money, and resent those that don't work for it, or won't work for it. We work too hard to just give it to someone who needs it more than us. It divides us.

But God's Love can't be spent. It can only be shared. And when it's shared, it does not dissipate, but is multiplied. It resonates within us, and unites us.

I hope PN gets the help he needs. No man/woman is wired to handle the pressure of leading 30,000+ passionate followers. I know I would crumble under that weight. And I'm sure if the board of New Spring followed me around Charleston this past weekend, they would probably come to the same conclusions about me as they did Perry.
So, no stones thrown.

This may sound awful but I'm glad it wasn't something worse, which we've seen from church leaders in the past. The last thing we need is for the national media to have something else to persecute Christianity for. Hope he gets the help he needs.

If that's what the leadership is admitting to publicly, you can bet that real story is much worse. Hopefully Noble will get real help instead of relying on one of those "gospel based counseling" nutjobs he tells his congregation to go to.

As much as dislike the guy, and I feel like he has been misleading a lot of people, I am glad it isnt something bigger (ie stealing money or Sandusky)

We don't know- any may never know- the real story here. The crisis management approach here is to admit as little as you have to and move on. Hopefully, Noble avails himself of some real, professional mental health/counseling and maybe during the course of his recovery he'll see how deeply flawed (albeit profitable)his teachings/theology have been.

We don't know- any may never know- the real story here. The crisis management approach here is to admit as little as you have to and move on. Hopefully, Noble avails himself of some real, professional mental health/counseling and maybe during the course of his recovery he'll see how deeply flawed (albeit profitable)his teachings/theology have been.

He won't. After using the N-word, he apologized, but it wasn't a real apology. Same case once he figured out his 10 Commandments message was bogus. Even his apology yesterday wasn't really an admission fo guilt.

The guy is probably the most conceited, vain, and narcisitic person I have ever known.

He won't. After using the N-word, he apologized, but it wasn't a real apology. Same case once he figured out his 10 Commandments message was bogus. Even his apology yesterday wasn't really an admission fo guilt.

The guy is probably the most conceited, vain, and narcisitic person I have ever known.

Narcissism is rampant among clergy. And substance abuse is a big issue among clergy. Lots of pressure + insecurity...

So when I go to the bar for a few too many pops, can I call it "Pullin' a Perry"?

Dude's a fraud, and shouldnt be in a church..he's not even a pastor......This thread rocks, BTW...

Hope he finds peace though.....everyone deserves that....

We Truly Believe You Can't Outgive God
The Bible says in Matthew 6:24 that the top competitor for our commitment to Jesus is money. Giving allows us to demonstrate that He is more important to us than material things. Not having cash or check on hand doesn’t have to hold you back from giving, you can be obedient today by giving online. There is no organization with more potential to change the world than the local church!

GIVE NOW

That is on the website right under "Our Core Values".

If anyone was really serious about taking up their cross and following Jesus they would meet under a tree to hear a sermon and then spend all of their free time serving others. Fancy buildings, awesome music and comfortable conditions would be the last things anyone worried about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT