ADVERTISEMENT

Policy Discussion - Trump and Inflation

So, now you can answer the question I asked.

Do you support those two trump policies? Do you believe they would lower prices?

And to believe that trump had nothing to do with closing the country is just ignorant. I linked you to his official WH statement on it.
I think undocumented people in this country need to be sent home. Yes. Go through the proper channels, and you’re welcome to become an American citizen. Temporary pain will pay dividends later. No one says that will be easy, but it’s an out of control situation, as of now.

I can understand placing tariffs on certain goods, no question. Again, the long view taken.

In regards to Trump shutting the country down… he did exactly what the majority of democrats wished he would. That was a large part of the plan. I’ve said this numerous times, and I’ll say it again, covid was a calculated, brilliant plan, which worked to perfection.

Now your turn… please do yourself a favor, and cease with the one sided political cinema. I sense you’re getting a bit of anxiety as the election draws closer. We both know it’s a toss up.

If you’d like to gain some respect, you could admit Biden is, and has been a disaster as President. I know you’ve seen me say it.. I wish Trump wasn’t running, and we had a mid ground conservative, without the drama. However, Trump is running, and I undoubtably align with his thinking/policies, far more than Biden’s. So that’s that.

And who supports child mutilation? You keep saying that with zero examples.of children being mutilated except for garbage from libs of toktok. Not to mention that it doesn't actually effect you at all. Why tf do you care?

You don't know anything about me. And it absolutely does affect me and my children and the things they have to be around.

And if it wasn't an issue then why have 20+ states banned the practice? Why did England's National Health Department order all puberty blockers to be stopped last week?

Plus, Im allowed to care about things that don't affect me. That's what politics is.

And say what you want about Chaya, she drives the narrative and has been a huge influence on getting legislation passed at the state level.

I think undocumented people in this country need to be sent home. Yes. Go through the proper channels, and you’re welcome to become an American citizen. Temporary pain will pay dividends later. No one says that will be easy, but it’s an out of control situation, as of now.

I can understand placing tariffs on certain goods, no question. Again, the long view taken.

In regards to Trump shutting the country down… he did exactly what the majority of democrats wished he would. That was a large part of the plan. I’ve said this numerous times, and I’ll say it again, covid was a calculated, brilliant plan, which worked to perfection.

Now your turn… please do yourself a favor, and cease with the one sided political cinema. I sense you’re getting a bit of anxiety as the election draws closer. We both know it’s a toss up.

If you’d like to gain some respect, you could admit Biden is, and has been a disaster as President. I know you’ve seen me say it.. I wish Trump wasn’t running, and we had a mid ground conservative, without the drama. However, Trump is running, and I undoubtably align with his thinking/policies, far more than Biden’s. So that’s that.

And I have said here many times that I wish Biden would retire and let someone else run. But here we are.

Saying that Trump only did something as president because the other party made him does not really endorse him as a leader fit to be president. It means he is a bitch.

(By the way, that whole Afghanistan pullout fiasco, that was not Biden’s fault. The GOP forced him to do that.)

I can’t believe that people with even minimal intelligence think that deporting all undocumented immigrants is a good idea. We rely heavily on them. There will literally be famine. Just ask your boy Trump, who has flown them in to worm on his golf courses for years.

But hey, if Trump does win and does deport them all and then we do have a complete shut down of our food supply, at least you can come here and blame it on the democrats.

And I have said here many times that I wish Biden would retire and let someone else run. But here we are.

Saying that Trump only did something as president because the other party made him does not really endorse him as a leader fit to be president. It means he is a bitch.

(By the way, that whole Afghanistan pullout fiasco, that was not Biden’s fault. The GOP forced him to do that.)

I can’t believe that people with even minimal intelligence think that deporting all undocumented immigrants is a good idea. We rely heavily on them. There will literally be famine. Just ask your boy Trump, who has flown them in to worm on his golf courses for years.

But hey, if Trump does win and does deport them all and then we do have a complete shut down of our food supply, at least you can come here and blame it on the democrats.
Do you actually believe deporting all illegals would be a speedy process?

Here’s a thought… grandfather them in as of a certain day (without prior announcement) and cut off the influx.

Biden didn’t have to pull out of Afghanistan, but that’s a nice attempt by you to admit his action there was about as bad as one could attempt. Thanks for admitting it, in your own special way.

Reactions: loveoysters

Most Republicans don’t care how many immigrants we allow in as long as

1) they come into our country in a safe, legal, manner
2) they do not overwhelm our communities

I don’t care what the number ends up being, but it is common sense that we deserve to know who is coming into our country. It is also common sense to not let immigrants overwhelm our communities.

And if immigrants are so good at helping our food supply, then why aren’t we shipping the ones from New York, and other overwhelmed cities, to help increase our food supply and reducing costs for Americans?

If your argument is that illegals keep costs down, then why do we have record number of illegals and masssive food price inflation? That argument is not passing muster.@nytigerfan

I don’t care what the number ends up being, but it is common sense that we deserve to know who is coming into our country. It is also common sense to not let immigrants overwhelm our communities.

And if immigrants are so good at helping our food supply, then why aren’t we shipping the ones from New York, and other overwhelmed cities, to help increase our food supply and reducing costs for Americans?

If your argument is that illegals keep costs down, then why do we have record number of illegals and masssive food price inflation? That argument is not passing muster.@nytigerfan
Are you making sure GOP gets your message because I think they are off their rocker.

They will never do what you typed.
I do think there is something about future voters too. If you came into the country illegally you should never be allowed to vote.

If democrats would pass a bill that would ensure illegals will never vote, I think they would be much more receptive to what I posted above.

That is a valid concern.

I do think there is something about future voters too. If you came into the country illegally you should never be allowed to vote.

If democrats would pass a bill that would ensure illegals will never vote, I think they would be much more receptive to what I posted above.

That is a valid concern.
why would anyone have to pass a law for one that already exists? https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_permitting_noncitizens_to_vote_in_the_United_States

But make sure you local government does the right thing

Let me fill you in. Outside of the extreme leaning libs here, everyone (Dems included) most likely views you in the same light as I. You’re simply unworthy of my time. You’re no different than the proud boys.
I love how condescending you try to be. Sorry brother, that shit got played out way earlier in my career. Maybe someone else will buy it.

To even make a comment about waste of your time is so pathetic. This entire board is a waste of time. If you actually value your time here, then you must have a pathetic life.

Reactions: flotiger

Let me add, kudos to you for saying that about Biden. Not because I lean in opposition to your political beliefs, but because neither one of these candidates should be running.

Your disdain for Trump, combined with my disdain for Biden, makes it difficult for you and I to carry on a cordial political discussion. I do however, believe we are probably closer in beliefs than one might think.

I just hope you can keep it together if Trump wins.

You should spend less time policing the "libs" on this board, and more time doing the same to the army of idiots who vote lockstep with you that you conveniently ignore.

It's incredibly disingenuous for you to constantly fingerwag "dems" while turning a blind eye to the bullshit that growls/fastball/augtig/etc spews on a daily basis.

Calm down Chip. You are wrong again and you know it.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
And who supports child mutilation? You keep saying that with zero examples.of children being mutilated except for garbage from libs of toktok. Not to mention that it doesn't actually effect you at all. Why tf do you care?
How many kids do you have?

The most popular topic on this forum the last week has been inflation, or "bidenflation" as many of you call it. The preeminent theory on this board from the right is that the current inflation and high cost of goods are all due to the reckless spending of Joe Biden. For some reason, all of the trillions in covid checks that trump pumped into the economy had no effect on inflation, just the money that Biden signed off on. But when you look at trump's proposed policies, they are only going to make inflation much, much worse.

Note: it is important to note that when trump took office, inflation went up from levels under Obama. So assuming trump policies will just magically reduce inflation is incorrect.

Policy #1. Deport all undocumented immigrants. This will bring farming and food production (think meat processing) to a halt. Prices will skyrocket as food related businesses try and fail to staff their operations with American citizens. It is important to remember that when trump shut down the economy in 2020, even he gave undocumented workers special passes to continue working. These people - or "animals" as trump calls them - are essential to our food supply.

Policy #2. 10% Tariffs on all imported goods, 60% tariff on goods from China, and 100% tariff on all imported vehicles. This will cost the average american family $1500. As with his last round of tariffs, these costs will be passed on to the American consumer.

So I ask you, if inflation is truly a big concern of yours, how can you possibly vote for trump? He has stated some bold policies that will undoubtedly make everything more expensive.

maybe this thread is already too far off the rails for a coherent nonpartisan contribution but here it is regardless: inflation is a global problem, not a U.S.-centric problem, and it’s been that way since the pandemic.

The most popular topic on this forum the last week has been inflation, or "bidenflation" as many of you call it. The preeminent theory on this board from the right is that the current inflation and high cost of goods are all due to the reckless spending of Joe Biden. For some reason, all of the trillions in covid checks that trump pumped into the economy had no effect on inflation, just the money that Biden signed off on. But when you look at trump's proposed policies, they are only going to make inflation much, much worse.

Note: it is important to note that when trump took office, inflation went up from levels under Obama. So assuming trump policies will just magically reduce inflation is incorrect.

Policy #1. Deport all undocumented immigrants. This will bring farming and food production (think meat processing) to a halt. Prices will skyrocket as food related businesses try and fail to staff their operations with American citizens. It is important to remember that when trump shut down the economy in 2020, even he gave undocumented workers special passes to continue working. These people - or "animals" as trump calls them - are essential to our food supply.

Policy #2. 10% Tariffs on all imported goods, 60% tariff on goods from China, and 100% tariff on all imported vehicles. This will cost the average american family $1500. As with his last round of tariffs, these costs will be passed on to the American consumer.

So I ask you, if inflation is truly a big concern of yours, how can you possibly vote for trump? He has stated some bold policies that will undoubtedly make everything more expensive.
Desperation!! LOL!! Love it!! We have two candidates running that both have a track record to look at and your pedo hero has lost on the basis of his pathetic body of work. Pedo Joes only chance is a more epic level of election fraud than what occurred in 2020.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Someone supports it or else this chick would still have her boobs.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
According to the Associated Press, a review of 27 studies in 2021 found that among 8,000 teenagers and adults who underwent gender-affirming surgeries, an average of 1 percent said they regretted their decision.

At first you said it wasn't happening. Now you say they don't regret it. I will prove to you that you are wrong about that too. Stop mutilating and abusing children. The number should be exactly 0.

According to the Associated Press, a review of 27 studies in 2021 found that among 8,000 teenagers and adults who underwent gender-affirming surgeries, an average of 1 percent said they regretted their decision.
Supreme Court allows ban on gender affirming care to stand.

Exactly when has Trump ever had a plan that had substance and was well thought out? That dude throws shit against a wall to see what sticks to his moronic followers.

Remember Repeal and Replace? He had no idea for a replacement plan and still doesn't. He just knew demonizing Obama made his racist followers happy.
Muh racism

The number truly should be zero. Once an adult (I guess we consider that 18), a person has the right to choose for themself. Prior to being an adult, this type thing should be a crime. A very harsh crime.

This is your problem. You are very passionate about immigration, but you don't even have a rudimentary understanding of how it works.

The majority of undocumented immigrants that are here came here legally. Under our current laws, enacted by Ronald Reagan, they can come here, to the border, and request asylum. Because our system is so broken, it can take years for that asylum hearing to happen, so they are often released into the US and given temporary work status. This is how the laws are written. These are facts, and they are not debatable.

They absolutely keep our costs down, by doing jobs Americans don't want to do. Have you ever been in a chicken processing plant? I have. It ****ing sucks,

Just look at history. In GA in 2011, they passed a strict anti immigrant law, and at the last minute, they removed a part that would force private companies in the state to verify the immigration status of new hires. In Florida last year... the magas passed a draconian bill preventing the hiring of undocumented immigrants. They were caught on camera telling angry constituents that they did not plan on enforcing the laws, it was just for political purposes.

See? They know how terrible it would be if the undocumented immigrants all of a sudden could not do the jobs we need them to do. They are just passing these laws to get dipshits all excited.

Desperation!! LOL!! Love it!! We have two candidates running that both have a track record to look at and your pedo hero has lost on the basis of his pathetic body of work. Pedo Joes only chance is a more epic level of election fraud than what occurred in 2020.

You are unable to talk policy. You are not a serious person.

Reactions: yoshi121374
This is your problem. You are very passionate about immigration, but you don't even have a rudimentary understanding of how it works.

The majority of undocumented immigrants that are here came here legally. Under our current laws, enacted by Ronald Reagan, they can come here, to the border, and request asylum. Because our system is so broken, it can take years for that asylum hearing to happen, so they are often released into the US and given temporary work status. This is how the laws are written. These are facts, and they are not debatable.

They absolutely keep our costs down, by doing jobs Americans don't want to do. Have you ever been in a chicken processing plant? I have. It ****ing sucks,

Just look at history. In GA in 2011, they passed a strict anti immigrant law, and at the last minute, they removed a part that would force private companies in the state to verify the immigration status of new hires. In Florida last year... the magas passed a draconian bill preventing the hiring of undocumented immigrants. They were caught on camera telling angry constituents that they did not plan on enforcing the laws, it was just for political purposes.

See? They know how terrible it would be if the undocumented immigrants all of a sudden could not do the jobs we need them to do. They are just passing these laws to get dipshits all excited.
They keep costs down by doing jobs that Americans don't want to do **at that price**. You conveniently leave that out. Illegals are suppressing the wages of Americans. I will work in a chicken processing plant, if you pay me the right price. Simple economics.

But i agree, immigration is a good thing if
1) It is safe and legal.
2) It does not overwhelm our communities

Again, if illegals keep the price of food down and we have had record illegals in the past 5 years, then why is the price of food so high? Why is food inflation higher than almost any other category? Your argument is not passing muster.

They keep costs down by doing jobs that Americans don't want to do **at that price**. You conveniently leave that out. Illegals are suppressing the wages of Americans. I will work in a chicken processing plant, if you pay me the right price. Simple economics.

But i agree, immigration is a good thing if
1) It is safe and legal.
2) It does not overwhelm our communities

Again, if illegals keep the price of food down and we have had record illegals in the past 5 years, then why is the price of food so high? Why is food inflation higher than almost any other category? Your argument is not passing muster.

He didn't mention illegals. You and most MAGAs are conflating illegal immigrants with legal immigrants who are allowed in while awaiting judgement on their status.

He didn't mention illegals. You and most MAGAs are conflating illegal immigrants with legal immigrants who are allowed in while awaiting judgement on their status.

If his argument is that immigration keeps food prices down, then why do we have massive food price inflation higher than any almost any other category, at the same time we have record immigration?

Anyone want to address that question?

If his argument is that immigration keeps food prices down, then why do we have massive food price inflation higher than any almost any other category, at the same time we have record immigration?

Yes. Because without the migrant workers it would be substantially higher.

Inflation was inevitable after Covid shutdowns due to the payouts, start up issues,supply chain issues, etc. the US is doing far better than other countries.

You want to badly to blame Biden for inflation, without recognizing that it doesn't matter who the president would have been, inflation was inevitable. I don't blame Trump for shutting down the economy which lead to this inflation

Yes. Because without the migrant workers it would be substantially higher.

Inflation was inevitable after Covid shutdowns due to the payouts, start up issues,supply chain issues, etc. the US is doing far better than other countries.

You want to badly to blame Biden for inflation, without recognizing that it doesn't matter who the president would have been, inflation was inevitable. I don't blame Trump for shutting down the economy which lead to this inflation
Wrong. Biden said inflation was going to be transitory, but his policies did not allow for that.

How do you square that Biden wanted to pass an even larger spending bill that was thwarted by Manchin?

Democrats own inflation.

Wrong. Biden said inflation was going to be transitory, but his policies did not allow for that.

How do you square that Biden wanted to pass an even larger spending bill that was thwarted by Manchin?

Democrats own inflation.

Are trying to be obtuse? It's just not worth discussing if you aren't trying to actually be serious. You realize that you aren't part of a team right? Did you somehow get sent a MAGA jersey and a schedule?

The supply chain is running full steam ahead, yet this last CPI report the price of eggs rose 4.6% annual basis. I use eggs because @nytigerfan said all these illegals are working in chicken plants because Americans wont.

High immigration, higher food prices. His argument is not holding water.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT