ADVERTISEMENT

Roe V Wade is about to be overturned

Obviously you have no understanding of the constitution or constitutional law, so I will quit trying to explain that part to you.
Again, you projecting all red states banning abortion is simply not going to happen. As @iceheart08 pointed out in a post just above that the people who believe in a total ban on abortion make up an extremely small percentage of the country, so don't take my word for it take his. Thus, logic would dictate abortion being banned is extremely unlikely in ANY state, much less the majority of states. The proposal you cited was the opinion of 10 people in LA, not the entire state legislature.
Again, assuming La actually did ban abortion a woman may have to drive 2 hours to TX instead of an hour to a major city in LA to get one. Right now that would add a little cost since gas prices, along with everything else, have sky rocketed, but once we win the midterms and get govt spending and costs under control, that should make her trip much more affordable even if she doesn't have to go to the neighboring state.
This is only the beginning. Your simpleton word mash means nothing.

image.jpg

Obviously you have no understanding of the constitution or constitutional law, so I will quit trying to explain that part to you.
Again, you projecting all red states banning abortion is simply not going to happen. As @iceheart08 pointed out in a post just above that the people who believe in a total ban on abortion make up an extremely small percentage of the country, so don't take my word for it take his. Thus, logic would dictate abortion being banned is extremely unlikely in ANY state, much less the majority of states. The proposal you cited was the opinion of 10 people in LA, not the entire state legislature.
Again, assuming La actually did ban abortion a woman may have to drive 2 hours to TX instead of an hour to a major city in LA to get one. Right now that would add a little cost since gas prices, along with everything else, have sky rocketed, but once we win the midterms and get govt spending and costs under control, that should make her trip much more affordable even if she doesn't have to go to the neighboring state.
Texas already has a bill on the books that will become active in 30 days after Rowe v wade is done. Louisana’s law is from conception. No incest or rape clauses. already voted on and passed by one body in LA and on the way to full approval. How do you really think this isn’t going to happen when it’s already happening. Not some my pillow conspiracy shit, actual laws.

We don't have to wonder what would happen if the far left tried to enact bills because we know from experience that they rarely make it through. But we are talking about state governments, not Congress. Stay on subject.

Secondly, Louisiana is surrounded by other red states and there's no telling how far they will go to enact similar bills - they all are in a race to the bottom of late. How benevolent of you to allow a young rape victim who probably has no money in the first place to pay travel expenses to go to a state that allows it. If Roe is overturned, that will likely mean she'll have to travel to the northeast or out west. Even the day after her egg was fertilized.

Thirdly, this landmark decision has been in effect since 1973 and there is no reason it needs to be overturned now. But now that the court is stacked with conservatives, Christian sharia is in full effect. Screw your pretty words that absolve them.
I will bet you $1,000 no state that voted for Trump in the last election will completely ban abortion. Care to put your $$$ where your mouth is?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
I will bet you $1,000 no state that voted for Trump in the last election will completely ban abortion. Care to put your $$$ where your mouth is?
Haha, you really think I'd bet someone who spends most of his time on here defending crimes and other bad behavior in order to muddy the waters and put sprinkles on turds? If there was a state that totally banned it you'd be on here spinning a yarn about how a sperm is really a baby and since sperm aren't banned, you'd win.

I've seen enough of your act not to trust you, plus, you don't deserve a win if a law is only 99% draconian, sorry. Nice try though.

Haha, you really think I'd bet someone who spends most of his time on here defending crimes and other bad behavior in order to muddy the waters and put sprinkles on turds? If there was a state that totally banned it you'd be on here spinning a yarn about how a sperm is really a baby and since sperm aren't banned, you'd win.

I've seen enough of your act not to trust you, plus, you don't deserve a win if a law is only 99% draconian, sorry. Nice try though.
As usual you have no idea what you are talking about. I am not in favor of completely banning abortion, so I would not try to defend it. Don't worry, I knew you wouldn't do it. People like you never back up the bs crap they throw out bc deep down you know it is just bs. Also, name one crime I have defended.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73 and AugTig
"I've noticed that everyone that is for abortion has already been born."

--Ronald Reagan

and we now have protesters at the private residences of the SCOTUS justices........the one portion of our government that is meant to be outside of political bias and influence is now being bullied by the liberal arm of the left, including the media. The white house failing to strongly condemn this just proves they support it when it helps their own agenda.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Almost like deriving your moral values from the religious traditions of the ancient Near East is a dubious idea.

they most assuredly will, and I can confirm that republicans will do all their power to keep the prices high. Just look at Greg Abbott’s stunt at the border to search commercial trucks. It produced very few arrests and seizures, but it did succeed is spoiling $240mm worth of produce heading to the US. Do you think that helped inflation?

given your penchant for being fair and balanced, and your healthy disdain for dirty politics, I am sure you are irate.
Hey, just a heads up diesel is up another $.20 since this my last post ......you have any ETA for when it's coming down?

Interesting, now Republicans are talking about a national ban on abortions. It will be entertaining to see how quickly the "it should be up to the states" people on here will backtrack if that happens.
It will happen. But in the meantime....

• Wow
Reactions: nytigerfan

Y’all Qaeda. Wonder if they think a mother that miscarries should be charged with manslaughter.

Let's ban contraceptives.
Let's ban abortions.
And for good measure let's remove the social safety nets for the poor (AKA @scotchtiger 's entitlements)

This is going to go really well for the southern states.

bold-strategy-jason-bateman.gif

• Angry
Reactions: dpic73
After Roe, the general path interested parties will take to have the SCOTUS overturn.

(1) Griswold, which legalized contraception.

(2) Obergefell, which legalized gay marriage.

(3) Loving, which legalized interracial marriage.

The Alito draft set the stage to overturn each of these cases. Interested parties will likely push for SCOTUS to overturn Griswold then Obergefell and then Loving. There is debate about whether (1) or (2) will be first.

Complete and total mistake, just like overturning Roe.

This country is not a caliphate, not a Christian Dominion. Offering protections for others via Roe, Griswold, Obergefeld or Loving does not limit or infringe upon the rights of Christians, Muslims, Jews or other religious groups.

Let's ban abortions.
And for good measure let's remove the social safety nets for the poor (AKA @scotchtiger 's entitlements)

What are you talking about ? The southern states that consistently receive more from the federal government than they contribute in taxes but then complain about the left and welfare? Everybody knows Mississippi and Arkansas are models for what the US should look like

Let's ban abortions.

These fascist yahoos are literally promoting abstinence in the year 2022. They have lost their damn minds

Reactions: nytigerfan
Y’all Qaeda. Wonder if they think a mother that miscarries should be charged with manslaughter.

Won't be surprised if they do start investigating miscarriages. Which is exactly what a mother who recently miscarried needs.

These fascist yahoos are literally promoting abstinence in the year 2022. They have lost their damn minds

We can only hope that this gets younguns fired up and registered to vote.

What are you talking about ? The southern states that consistently receive more from the federal government than they contribute in taxes but then complain about the left and welfare? Everybody knows Mississippi and Arkansas are models for what the US should look like

nyt makes this point all the time. But it's mostly dem voters in these states that require the federal welfare funding.

• Haha
Reactions: CUT93 and DW4_2016

In the first link, it's only referring to mailing the plan B pill. In the MS link, he says:

"I don't think that's going to happen in Mississippi."

and

"I'm not interested in banning contraceptives."

Don't know what Blackburn is thinking.

You guys are testing the limits of your jumping to conclusions mat. I'm sure the scare tactics will work to stir up some votes though.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
nyt makes this point all the time. But it's mostly dem voters in these states that require the federal welfare funding.

the next time you are driving over a bridge in the goat, a simple thank you would be appreciated.

I once drive to the masters from the ATL airport. There was a big accident on the interstate so we took back roads. Every shithole we drove by had a Trump flag out front.

• Haha
In the first link, it's only referring to mailing the plan B pill. In the MS link, he says:

"I don't think that's going to happen in Mississippi."

and

"I'm not interested in banning contraceptives."

Don't know what Blackburn is thinking.

You guys are testing the limits of your jumping to conclusions mat. I'm sure the scare tactics will work to stir up some votes though.
There used to be only talk about Roe being overturned but everyone dismissed it. Do we really trust a state whose trigger law won't even make an exception for incest? I mean I get it since everybody marries their cousin there but....

Why are there even discussions about banning contraceptives is what most of the country wants to know. Are you trying to create baby factories or promote abstinence? Either/or are ridiculously cruel, especially in this day and age. Who could have ever predicted these punitive, regressive laws in 2022? You need to rein in your draconian in-laws scotch...

I also forgot to mention that House Republicans voted against a provision to stop prescription drug price-gouging in Medicaid, and they are doing everything they can to dismantle Obamacare. They apparently a lot of poor babies being born with no food, no healthcare and prescription drug prices that will make it impossible to survive.

Dems really need to hammer this messaging hard. The dems had a messaging problem, the repubs just hadned them a gift.

Won't be surprised if they do start investigating miscarriages. Which is exactly what a mother who recently miscarried needs.
You're not wrong!

“Medically, miscarriage and abortions are treated in very similar way,” said Dr. Stephanie Mischell, a family medicine physician in Texas and fellow with Physicians for Reproductive Health.
"That means that laws that restrict abortion or that outlaw certain medications or procedures used in abortion, also have the potential to limit treatment for miscarriage."

“There is this false assumption that abortions can be regulated and restricted and criminalized without impacting women’s health care more broadly,” said Yvonne Lindgren, an associate professor of law at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, who specializes in reproductive rights.

Inga, 62, of Ann Arbor, Michigan, still feels the trauma of her miscarriage from nearly 30 years ago. (She requested her last name not be used due to the stigma around miscarriage.)

She was 13 weeks pregnant with her third child.

Extremely heavy bleeding led to a drop in her blood pressure, and her husband rushed her to the emergency room of a Catholic hospital in the state.

“I was crashing,” Inga said. “I thought, ‘This could kill me.’”

At the hospital, doctors confirmed she was having a miscarriage. After staunching the bleeding, an obstetrician wanted to perform a procedure called a dilation and curettage — commonly referred to as a D&C — to remove the tissue from the uterus. Not doing so could lead to sepsis or other serious complications, sometimes within hours.

But the hospital, which was subject to religious doctrine, wouldn’t allow it due to strict anti-abortion policies. That’s because a D&C is also the procedure used during a surgical abortion.

Inga went home for three days. During that time, her body attempted to pass the tissue that remained in her uterus. She recalls the pain as constant and unbearable.

Finally, she got the green light to get the procedure, but only if she would first undergo an ultrasound to make sure there was no heartbeat."

It only took until page 6 for all of the GOP team to leave the debate.

It only took until page 6 for all of the GOP team to leave the debate.
Nah, we are all just laughing at how quickly you folks went from zero to they are going to ban interracial marriages, proving there is zero point trying to be rational.

Seriously though, why don't we know who leaked the memo yet? It can't take that long given it could have only been a handful of people.

Nah, we are all just laughing at how quickly you folks went from zero to they are going to ban interracial marriages, proving there is zero point trying to be rational.

Seriously though, why don't we know who leaked the memo yet? It can't take that long given it could have only been a handful of people.
I already told you who the likely leaker was. Can't wait for you to go to zero when it's revealed.

Its been socialized and mentioned by sitting members of statehouses and Congress. Folks are just noting what has been mentioned by political members.

In this thread people thought states starting the process to overturn Griswold would not happen, its occurring in bills in LA, MO and TN. Family planning process (initially IUDs and then daily meds) protected by Griswold will be targeted. Its starting.

Alito's draft speaks to rights being deeply rooted in history. None of the rights granted by Griswold, Obergefell or Loving are deeply rooted in history. If the Alito draft is adopted, it sets the path to overturn. You can argue that Lawrence (consensual acts) could be overturned as the same logic applies.

it's only the setup. they literally setup removing any rights case they get in front of them assuming it's not specifically defined in the constitution. if someone brings interracial marriage to this court and they don't overturn it, that will be frustrating.

I once drive to the masters from the ATL airport. There was a big accident on the interstate so we took back roads. Every shithole we drove by had a Trump flag out front.

It’s too bad you didn’t turn around and go back to the airport. Trump signs and flags sure beat the heck out of the Fauci signs in your neck of the woods.

After Roe, the general path interested parties will take to have the SCOTUS overturn.

(1) Griswold, which legalized contraception.

(2) Obergefell, which legalized gay marriage.

(3) Loving, which legalized interracial marriage.

The Alito draft set the stage to overturn each of these cases. Interested parties will likely push for SCOTUS to overturn Griswold then Obergefell and then Loving. There is debate about whether (1) or (2) will be first.

Complete and total mistake, just like overturning Roe.

This country is not a caliphate, not a Christian Dominion. Offering protections for others via Roe, Griswold, Obergefeld or Loving does not limit or infringe upon the rights of Christians, Muslims, Jews or other religious groups.
I heard Amy Barrett cited the need for babies for adoption in her opinion. If that remains, does that mean rich people will have legal access to demand poor peoples organs? I assume everyone understands already that corporations are going to use this to spy on everyone's diet and pharmaceuticals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT