ADVERTISEMENT

Sad sad news...

Because she responded directly to me. I've said absolutely nothing about prayer or faith or anything else ITT. I said its awful, and responded to a person who was taking a not so subtle jab at me and expressed my disbelief that she would do so in a thread like this.

You very inappropriately and way out of line told me prayer didn't work in the Florence shooting thread when I said I was praying. I simply was witnessing to you ( ITT) and telling you that faith in God and prayer gets lots of us through difficult times. I meant no malice. Have a good evening. God bless.

This thread would be more civil without the woman

After reading through the other thread where the two of you just couldn’t control yourselves and had to troll in a thread about a shooting, it’s not surprising that neither of you could let a pretty minor, not even insulting comment go. But it’s ironic that you’d get so bent about somebody doing a much milder version of what you were doing.

Let’s all just stop, and let the focus be on CJ and his family.

I agree With this. Not most of your stuff. but I noticed the same thing. It was a pot shot to feel, and maybe more importantly, be viewed by faceless strangers, to be spiritually, moralisticly and sympathetically superior, to at least one other person. It was a very selfless remark....
Thank you

Condolences to the Fuller family. Death is never easy, but seems so much harder when it is a young person. He meant so much to his family and this program.

Peace

Reactions: amynhop
Because she responded directly to me. I've said absolutely nothing about prayer or faith or anything else ITT. I said its awful, and responded to a person who was taking a not so subtle jab at me and expressed my disbelief that she would do so in a thread like this.

The post she made that you responded to is below...

I'm praying for CJ's family and friends. I'm heartbroken. Faith is what gets a lot of us through difficult times.

How is that in any way taking a jab at you? Where is your handle listed?

The post she made that you responded to is below...

How is that in any way taking a jab at you? Where is your handle listed?
There's a whole other thread involved here. She's taking a jab based on comments from another thread. That's why I said "do you want to bring that into this thread too?" As in, we should probably confine whatever shitty thing we have going on to that one thread and not let it be a thing here, which it clearly has become.

Reactions: unkle rico
You very inappropriately and way out of line told me prayer didn't work in the Florence shooting thread when I said I was praying. I simply was witnessing to you ( ITT) and telling you that faith in God and prayer gets lots of us through difficult times. I meant no malice. Have a good evening. God bless.
I do not wish to be witnessed to.

Reactions: unkle rico
@johnhugh how ab just put your pride aside and not hijack this thread by making it about yourself or proving how you were right. Save it for another time.....

So awful to hear this....heart dropped when I read this. Feel so terrible for his family. Thoughts and prayers are with them and everyone in our program who was close to him.
along those lines is this three part test
1. Does it need to be said?
2. Does it need to be said by me?
3. Does it need to be said by me right now?

I agree With this. Not most of your stuff. but I noticed the same thing. It was a pot shot to feel, and maybe more importantly, be viewed by faceless strangers, to be spiritually, moralisticly and sympathetically superior, to at least one other person. It was a very selfless remark....

This is going to be my last comment on this, but that’s not what was going on. In another thread, those two decided to troll after Amy said she’d pray for the people involved in the shooting in Florence. For some reason, they didn’t like the idea that somebody would offer prayers. In this thread, Amy said she’d pray for CJ’s family, and then was maaaybe slightly petty in responding directly to dbjork that prayer was just how some people responded to situations like these.

That didn’t need to be brought over here, but why would anybody think those two would be any more tolerant of prayer in this thread? It would’ve been easy to let such a small thing go, and to let this be about CJ, but for some reason they won’t do that.

This is terrible, awful news. Most of us have a good memory of CJ making a great play or two for the Tigers. We'll always have that. Thanks to CJ for the memories.

My thoughts, well wishes and prayers go out to the family, friends, teammates and classmates who knew him on an up close and personal level. I know it's a gut punch. So sorry for those of you who were close to CJ Fuller.

It works both ways, no? Just curious how the simple mention of prayer offends you so greatly as to have to taunt someone about it? You aren't a believer, we get it. She is and she offered it as a nice gesture for the family and I am pretty sure CJ's family are believers. Why not just look the other way, especially in a thread offering condolences for such a tragic event.

Just Leave

Context is important. They got into it earlier over some religion or whatever, and thats her taking a shot at him. For no reason.

I saw the other thread as well. In that thread as well as this one it’s not the right time or place. Both threads are about horrible situations where people lost there lives way to young.

You have to feel for the Fuller family as well as the police officers families tonight. Offer condolences, Wish them well, pray for them, because of their loss not argue about who is religious or who isn’t. I’m sure the Fuller family and police officers families will appreciate the prayers as well as the condolences all the same.

Prayers for the Fuller family. Very sad.
Let's don't fight guys. There's a lot of ugliness in this world. I've been responsible for some of it. A very sad thing has happened. The Fuller family must be devastated. They need love and support, however we can give it......prayer, acts of kindness etc.....let's don't bicker amongst ourselves.

There's a whole other thread involved here. She's taking a jab based on comments from another thread. That's why I said "do you want to bring that into this thread too?" As in, we should probably confine whatever shitty thing we have going on to that one thread and not let it be a thing here, which it clearly has become.
I agree. She did single you out with her quoting your post. There’s been a good bit of misinterpretation ITT.

It’s a shame that it went that route in a thread regarding a players death.

Reactions: dbjork6317
I'm praying for CJ's family and friends. I'm heartbroken. Faith is what gets a lot of us through difficult times.
I pray he is in Heaven with our Lord and Savior, and I pray God gives his family the peace and strength that only He can give. Prayers for the team, coaches, and everyone who knew CJ. Thanks to CJ for all he did for our beloved Clemson.

RIP CJ

465INQLM6NEBFIMH3VJ2NSJJBM.JPG

You really want to bring that to this thread too?
She very well could have used this as a platform to push MAGA policy, but it’s death. From that point it’s unknown. I can’t fault someone for thinking Christianity is the answer to the unknown. I hate when people use their faith to dictate how I live my life.

With that said, I have no clue so I cracked open an extra beer. A shoe lace away. RIP.

This same thread on the Gamecocks Insider Forum is a lot more civil than this one?

Very true. Sadly this board is overrun with immature posters such as @amynhop and @Overwatch. Too many just contribute nothing to the board
This cant even be real....you talking about immature posters??? Weren't you the same dumbass on here making fun of an addict who gouged her own eyeballs out and just recently you made an ass of yourself by incessantly ranting about how our national championship winning coach cant manage our OL recruiting and needs to fire one of his assistants because you are obviously so much smarter than they are. I realize you're a youngun, but you really need to think before you make another post on this board.

You made a smart ass remark to her about prayer in the thread about the Florence, SC shootings before this thread was going. Dont act innocent and be the victim when you started the crap. Amy was a lot nicer in her words than most posters would have been so get out of here with that crap and take @johnhugh with you.

I saw the other thread as well. In that thread as well as this one it’s not the right time or place. Both threads are about horrible situations where people lost there lives way to young.

You have to feel for the Fuller family as well as the police officers families tonight. Offer condolences, Wish them well, pray for them, because of their loss not argue about who is religious or who isn’t. I’m sure the Fuller family and police officers families will appreciate the prayers as well as the condolences all the same.
Well said....theres a time and place for everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT