ADVERTISEMENT

SC House Passed Amendments To Budget Today Outlawing Mandatory Masks, Mandatory Tests and Mandatory Vaccines

nashvegastiger

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2002
at any state funded school. This includes Clemson and all public schools and public universities that receive state funding.

Assuming it’s not vetoed by the Governor and the budget passes tthis month then this new policy goes into effect July 1st..

Clemson had just changed their policy making masks optional on campus effective June 1st (no masks at camps) and making mandatory testing monthly instead of weekly.

This new budget would defund any school requiring Covid testing, requiring vaccines or making masks mandatory for 2021-2022 school year.

Just a negotiation tactic for when it goes to conference committee with the senate. Not saying this is outlandish but there are always things in each chamber’s budget that never get through conference committee and everyone knows they won’t. The state budget always comes down to negotiations between 6 high ranking legislators. What they decide will pass nearly unanimously.

Multiple studies now showing year plus long immunity for those who’ve had the Rona. And when it comes to Vaccines, if folks that are high risk or worried have it, why does someone who doesn’t want it need to be mandated to get it? If they are willing to risk it, that’s a personal choice.

Pretty foolish, especially on vaccines. Why just ban requiring vaccination for this particular virus? This is conservatives showing that they can virtue signal, too.
What other vaccines are mandatory for people when the virus/disease has negligent probability of ill impact on that person(children in this instance)?

Does anyone really want the government at any level mandating the injection of any substance into an individual’s body without consent . That’s scares me on many levels . I believe in vaccines and have gotten all recommended over my lifetime including COVID-19 but having the government mandate under some threat of penalty scares me .

Multiple studies now showing year plus long immunity for those who’ve had the Rona. And when it comes to Vaccines, if folks that are high risk or worried have it, why does someone who doesn’t want it need to be mandated to get it? If they are willing to risk it, that’s a personal choice.
People having personal choice is what irritates liberals though. They hate you for having personal choice. They want you to just shut up and do as they say, pleb.

Democrats want to cancel conservatives and they see this as an opportunity to do that because many conservatives are holding the line when it comes to individual liberty on this issue so they know they can conner us. They use the selfish argument or collectivist argument like they really care about people dying.

Does anyone actually believe liberals care about old people dying from covid? If you do, I have a beach front elderly day care center in NY and one in Michigan I need to sell you.

This isn't about protecting people from dying. It's about fueling the cancel culture. Cancelling conservatives.

Have not read the bill, but seems like over reach to me. There may be situations where enhanced precautions are appropriate.
Guess you missed the study by Brown University- studied multiple schools, those that mandated masks had significantly higher infection rates than schools that didn’t mandate masks. Masks are counterproductive which has been known for a long long time. Stanford University’s think tank The Hoover Institute (some of the smartest people in the world) reviewed 17 clinical studies on masks early last year and concluded basically the same thing. Masks don’t stop the spread of a highly infectious virus which we knew already and which is why it was never mandated before.
Time to stop the insanity of ignoring the past science on this. Time to stop doing the opposite of a hundred year old scientifically established protocol, insanely ignoring that it isn’t working and insisting that it’ll work if we just try harder

Guess you missed the study by Brown University- studied multiple schools, those that mandated masks had significantly higher infection rates than schools that didn’t mandate masks. Masks are counterproductive which has been known for a long long time. Stanford University’s think tank The Hoover Institute (some of the smartest people in the world) reviewed 17 clinical studies on masks early last year and concluded basically the same thing. Masks don’t stop the spread of a highly infectious virus which we knew already and which is why it was never mandated before.
Time to stop the insanity of ignoring the past science on this. Time to stop doing the opposite of a hundred year old scientifically established protocol, insanely ignoring that it isn’t working and insisting that it’ll work if we just try harder
But did you take the vaccine.

Does anyone really want the government at any level mandating the injection of any substance into an individual’s body without consent . That’s scares me on many levels . I believe in vaccines and have gotten all recommended over my lifetime including COVID-19 but having the government mandate under some threat of penalty scares me .
Allegedly 80 million people do.

Don't we require vaccines for kids in daycare and schools?

Genuinely asking as it seems that every kids has to have certain shots/vaccines before going to overnight camps, daycare or schools.

Love to know from the anti-vaccine people if you had your kids get shots as a kid but did no research..

Genuinely asking as it seems that every kids has to have certain shots/vaccines before going to overnight camps, daycare or schools.

Love to know from the anti-vaccine people if you had your kids get shots as a kid but did no research..

Vaccines with a history and proper FDA testing and approval. Why force vaccine kids for something that kills less than 1% of cases and majority of those are elderly and/or health issues

Edit: and I am not an anti-vaccination person.

You can get a waiver for your kid. Also different set of circumstances.

I'm old enough to remember when Democrats said they were not going to get the vaccine when Trump was president. This seems to be a means to cancel conservatives by the left more than saving lives.

Last edited:
Vaccines with a history and proper FDA testing and approval. Why force vaccine kids for something that kills less than 1% of cases and majority of those are elderly and/or health issues

Have you studied the vaccines that you've given your kids?

Serious question as the complications of those are pretty serious.

Just as a note I am not on either side of the debate as I believe it's your choice to get the vaccine and it's other choice to restrict you if you don't get it.

People having personal choice is what irritates liberals though. They hate you for having personal choice. They want you to just shut up and do as they say, pleb.
Individual liberties are often restricted when they negatively impact others. For example, dumb rednecks not getting vaccinated, which increases the chance of vaccine-resistant variants forming.

Last edited:

Just as a note I am not on either side of the debate as I believe it's your choice to get the vaccine and it's other choice to restrict you if you don't get it.

I agree it should be your choice…I’ve helped many people get vaccine and assisted with vaccine clinics

at any state funded school. This includes Clemson and all public schools and public universities that receive state funding.

Assuming it’s not vetoed by the Governor and the budget passes tthis month then this new policy goes into effect July 1st..

Clemson had just changed their policy making masks optional on campus effective June 1st (no masks at camps) and making mandatory testing monthly instead of weekly.

This new budget would defund any school requiring Covid testing, requiring vaccines or making masks mandatory for 2021-2022 school year.
Politicians waste a lot of time and money passing foolish laws for short term political gain.
panderjpg-83018d6592fd2ce4_large.jpg

Democrats want to cancel conservatives and they see this as an opportunity to do that because many conservatives are holding the line when it comes to individual liberty on this issue so they know they can conner us. They use the selfish argument or collectivist argument like they really care about people dying.

Does anyone actually believe liberals care about old people dying from covid? If you do, I have a beach front elderly day care center in NY and one in Michigan I need to sell you.

This isn't about protecting people from dying. It's about fueling the cancel culture. Cancelling conservatives.
There is beachfront property in both New York and Michigan.

Edit: and I am not an anti-vaccination person.
It wouldn't matter to some of the crazies if it had full FDA approval or not. They'd just move the goalposts somewhere else. Living vs dying is also a false dichotomy. It's more like: living completely normal, living with some health problem of varying severity, or dying. The middle possibility is not to be dismissed trivially, either by those who are "anti-vaccine' or "pro vaccine." The long of it is I respect people's concerns, but most of them on both sides of the issue aren't particularly bright.

Individuals liberties are often restricted when they negatively impact others. For example, dumb rednecks not getting vaccinated, which increases the chance of vaccine-resistant variants forming.
Feel free to get vaccinated, wear your mask and stay away from them. There! Your problem has just been solved.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
You asked what liberties, and you got the answer. Most law abiding citizens accept the consequences of their choices, or you referring to something other than that?
Being told you have to wear a mask at a business or govt building is not taking away any liberty. You can choose not to and then you'll be told to leave.

I can remember getting the Salk Vaccine shot for polio back in 1953. Thankfully, it was before social media so everyone got the shot, no questions asked. Maybe that's why it has been, pretty much, eradicated. I vividly recall seeing Harry Paine being dragged on his ass down the stairs at Hildreth school in Marlboro, MA to get his shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT