ADVERTISEMENT

SC House Passed Amendments To Budget Today Outlawing Mandatory Masks, Mandatory Tests and Mandatory Vaccines

I'd hope you can recognize that infectious diseases are different from skin color or identity, and that's even setting aside whether businesses should be able to discriminate based on identity.
Identity isn't a choice? Really?

Discrimination is discrimination. How is a person's medical care any different? This isn't about infectious disease. It's about determining your own health decisions. I have no issues with vaccines. But it should be a personal choice. In addition, it's no one else's damn business if you have it or not. That's between you and your doctor. So you believe all business should have access to your medical information too?

Reactions: Essolover4
Vaccines with a history and proper FDA testing and approval. Why force vaccine kids for something that kills less than 1% of cases and majority of those are elderly and/or health issues

Edit: and I am not an anti-vaccination person.
You've proven time and again to be an anti-vaxxer. Saying otherwise doesn't make it true.

Reactions: DClemsonTiger
How do you know it's safe, because it didn't kill you? There's quite a bit of evidence saying it may not be safe and we rushed this thing through so quickly there's no possible way to know the long term ramifications of getting it. You're exactly the type of person all of us so-called rednecks hate with a passion because you think you're smarter than everyone else and should be able to tell us all how to live our lives. All I can say to you is f#ck off.
Please show me the evidence that says it isn't safe. The blood clotting issue has a smaller risk of killing you than Covid (or a birth control pill) does.

Discrimination is discrimination. How is a person's medical care any different? This isn't about infectious disease. It's about determining your own health decisions. I have no issues with vaccines. But it should be a personal choice. In addition, it's no one else's damn business if you have it or not. That's between you and your doctor. So you believe all business should have access to your medical information too?
Just like all of the other mandatory vaccines should only be between you and your doctor?

Trying to claim patient privacy here is just ignorant.

Please show me the evidence that says it isn't safe. The blood clotting issue has a smaller risk of killing you than Covid (or a birth control pill) does.
Please show us evidence that it's safe over a period of say...pick a number. You cannot, because it's only been around a short while.

Really more leftists than classical liberals but it’s all getting jumbled these days. Classical Liberalism is about individual freedom/liberty.

Leftism is I can’t be happy unless I make everyone else like me and punish those who aren’t.

Yep. And it’s actually waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than 1% for College/School Aged.

IIRC there were 218 deaths in 2020 amongst <18.
And how many people have died of the vaccine? That's right, significantly less than 218.

Last edited:
Please show us evidence that it's safe over a period of say...pick a number. You cannot, because it's only been around a short while.
You don't understand how vaccines work. They don't stay around in your system for years. If you think that the vaccine is going to have negative health effects 5-10 years from now, you are crazy. That argument is anti-vaccination bullshit.

Actually, discrimination isn't discrimination. When there are legitimate differences between things that are relevant to a business, that's not the kind of arbitrary discrimination that ought to be prohibited. After all, discrimination is just recognizing differences between things, which we do all the time.

I guess I don't see how this isn't about infectious diseases, since that's the whole reason for vaccine campaigns and requirements. Are you saying you're against all vaccine requirements? If so, then you apparently think the "personal choice" to "determin[e] your own health decisions" not to get vaccinated is more important that protecting the public from preventable infectious diseases. Of course, that infringes on other people who want to be able to avoid preventable infectious diseases, and to avoid outbreaks and pandemics that cause major disruptions.

The medical information thing is another red herring. Businesses/governments don't have access to all of your medical information when they ask for proof of vaccination to participate in something.

You don't understand how vaccines work. They don't stay around in your system for years. If you think that the vaccine is going to have negative health effects 5-10 years from now, you are crazy. That argument is anti-vaccination bullshit.
How am I crazy? BTW, as I have said before you cannot prove they do not cause any long term effect? Just because you have fed into the vaccination is for everyone BS, doesn't make it right to force it.

You've proven time and again to be an anti-vaxxer. Saying otherwise doesn't make it true.
I think these people are just ornery about being told what to do more than they're really anti-vaxxers. But they don't mind repeating anti-vax talking points.

Reactions: fcctiger12
How am I crazy? BTW, as I have said before you cannot prove they do not cause any long term effect? Just because you have fed into the vaccination is for everyone BS, doesn't make it right to force it.
I can prove it because no vaccine has ever had side effects that appear more than 1-2 months after inoculation. Pretty simple. What's your proof?

What does "experimental" mean, here? It apparently just means that they're not yet fully FDA-approved, since all the vaccines being used have emergency use authorizations because they've gone through the same clinical trials that other vaccines have gone through. Both Pfizer and Moderna have applied for full FDA approval and will likely have that approval by this fall, so hopefully that will calm some of your fears.

At any rate, the stuff about moving to Canada because of vaccine requirements makes no sense. Nobody is talking about making the vaccine mandatory for everybody, they're just talking about potentially having the same kind of vaccine requirements we have for other diseases. You'd think people who want to put COVID behind us would be excited about getting to a place where it's not a problem anymore, but alas. And, once again, having the right not do something doesn't make not doing it a good choice, and doesn't prevent you from having negative consequences.

I did look up what happened with the development of the polio vaccine, since you mentioned it. Salk announced that he had a vaccine that worked in 1953, clinical trials began in 1954, and a mass vaccination campaign began in 1955. Some hiccups, which were much worse than anything that's happened with COVID vaccines, occurred. But there's always going to be a period, for every vaccine, when it's new. That period is probably also going to be during the period when the disease is still spreading widely and the vaccine is most needed. What would happen if, during the period when the disease is still spreading, people just decided they couldn't trust a vaccine until it had been used for years? If you think about it, the success of vaccination campaigns depends on people taking vaccines when they're relatively new.
We’ve been here before my friend.

The COVID inoculations are “UNAPPROVED product”. They are not merely lacking “Full Approval”, they are lacking Approval, period. They have received EUA only and the FDA uses that exactly terminology for a reason.

I realize that you think it’s just a technicality but you’re using the terminology to support your argument therefore I must respectfully point it out ;)

And, yes, this could become a non-issue in due time but we are not there yet.

Also, kind of agree re: Canada, it’s way more oppressive than America right now.

I can prove it because no vaccine has ever had side effects that appear more than 1-2 months after inoculation. Pretty simple. What's your proof?
You have history on your side for arguments sake. It's on OUR side and I hope it repeats itself! Just because one speaks of long term effects and chooses to not vaccinate for that particular reason can be stupid or ignorant in your eyes, but it is a choice they make and personally they should give $0.02 what you think of them, but you have that choice as well.

Thank you Trump. Operation Warp is a huge success or the world would be screwed

You have history on your side for arguments sake. It's on OUR side and I hope it repeats itself! Just because one speaks of long term effects and chooses to not vaccinate for that particular reason can be stupid or ignorant in your eyes, but it is a choice they make and personally they should give $0.02 what you think of them, but you have that choice as well.
So history shows I am correct but you are going to choose to continue to be ignorant over a made-up theory that the vaccine could kill you in 5-10 years.
And you believe that not only should this be a personal choice but it shouldn't be a condition of employment, enrollment at a state-supported university or required for being able to do anything that you want.
Got it. Great argument.

You can get a waiver for your kid. Also different set of circumstances.

I'm old enough to remember when Democrats said they were not going to get the vaccine when Trump was president. This seems to be a means to cancel conservatives by the left more than saving lives.
Dems also were the first to bring up the Tuskegee experiments when it was “Trump’s” vaccine. They changed their rhetoric when Biden took office.

Last edited:
Dems also were the first to bring up the Tuskegee experiments when it was “Trump’s” vaccine. They changed their when Biden took office.
The vaccine shouldn't be political. The only reason that it is political is there are dumbasses on both sides who can't seem to grasp even simple concepts without viewing them through a political lens.

This argument seems to work for killing babies. Should be the same of vaccinations then right?

shutterstock_10243536h.jpg
This doesn’t get brought up enough.

Also love the hypocrisy of last year “You’re gonna kill people by not wearing a mask! 1 life lost is too much!” To now “Complications with vaccines are to be expected, most people live. It’s no big deal.”

So history shows I am correct but you are going to choose to continue to be ignorant over a made-up theory that the vaccine could kill you in 5-10 years.
And you believe that not only should this be a personal choice but it shouldn't be a condition of employment, enrollment at a state-supported university or required for being able to do anything that you want.
Got it. Great argument.
I do believe it should be a choice and I do believe it should not be required!
Call me ignorant all you want, if your ignorant enough to give up your choice to choose, that's you!

Also love the hypocrisy of last year “You’re gonna kill people by not wearing a mask! 1 life lost is too much!” To now “Complications with vaccines are to be expected, most people live. It’s no big deal.”
This is gobbledegook. If you're going to compare vaccines to COVID, then you have to look at people allegedly harmed by vaccines versus what we'd expect to happen without vaccines. It's clear that vaccines are saving lives relative to what would happen without vaccines. I also wonder what actual point you're trying to make about vaccines here.

The vaccine shouldn't be political. The only reason that it is political is there are dumbasses on both sides who can't seem to grasp even simple concepts without viewing them through a political lens.

Reactions: DClemsonTiger
Not one mention of natural immunity for those 120+ million who had Covid. Can I prove I had Covid and therefore have natural immunity? Not according to the gov’t. It’s vaccine or nothing, no exceptions.

Reactions: Cheap Shot
Again, lumped into a category. I have had the vaccine. I just prefer a choice in the matter!
Not sure you understand what Lord's work really is!
Well, if you aren't an anti-vaxxer I wasn't referencing you, was I?

Sounds like you are telling on yourself a bit, to be honest.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Most concepts are beyond simple and so people gravitate towards a herd mentality including very smart people. Just because a person isn't a dumbass in one respect, doesn't mean they understand the basis for anything particular that requires some expertise. Most people form opinions based on what their group thinks. Politics capitalizes on this tendency which is why many topics become political including the people who discuss these topics on social media. They actually work for political organizations.

Wise people can see forces of corruption and coercion behind much of what is going on today. Whenever there is a change, wise people are more reluctant to go along with the herd because they understand corruption and politics are often behind what the herd reacts to.

Let me be clear here: I absolutely think universities, employers, etc. should be entirely free to require the vaccine as a condition for attendance/employment.

Not sure why we'd want to take away that freedom.
Not public universities. You could make that argument for private universities. Also, if employers are now going to be allowed to discriminate, are you OK with them not promoting women?

Again, all side effects for every vaccine are known within the first two months of inoculation. I'm sure that your anti-vaxxer approach has nothing to do with politics.
No politics involved and AGAIN, it's not a anti-vaxxer approach. It's a pro-choice approach. I made a different choice than some of my family members. It's not always politic with every single person.

Reactions: gcsoccer16
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT