ADVERTISEMENT

SC House Passed Amendments To Budget Today Outlawing Mandatory Masks, Mandatory Tests and Mandatory Vaccines

Not public universities. You could make that argument for private universities. Also, if employers are now going to be allowed to discriminate, are you OK with them not promoting women?
Yeah, so the thing about discrimination is that the legal basis isn't just whatever you decide it is (wearing an ugly shirt, being a Gamecock fan, etc.) - it has to be based on a protected class. There are nine protected classes: sex, race, age, disability, color, creed, national origin, religion, or genetic information.

Vaccination status is none of those - sex is one. Also note that the protected classes are generally immutable (one could argue religion, but the opposing view is that it relates to belief/faith that you don't have control over). However, one could go get vaccinated on demand.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Not one mention of natural immunity for those 120+ million who had Covid. Can I prove I had Covid and therefore have natural immunity? Not according to the gov’t. It’s vaccine or nothing, no exceptions.
Why not just get the free vaccination, then? You can find the reason why they recommend you should still get vaccinated if you want to look.

• Haha
Reactions: gcsoccer16
Yeah, so the thing about discrimination is that the legal basis isn't just whatever you decide it is (wearing an ugly shirt, being a Gamecock fan, etc.) - it has to be based on a protected class. There are nine protected classes: sex, race, age, disability, color, creed, national origin, religion, or genetic information.

Vaccination status is none of those - sex is one. Also note that the protected classes are generally immutable (one could argue religion, but the opposing view is that it relates to belief/faith that you don't have control over). However, one could go get vaccinated on demand.
This point has been hashed and rehashed. I don’t think the people trying that point care.

Why not just get the free vaccination, then? You can find the reason why they recommend you should still get vaccinated if you want to look.
How much immunity does one need? Why does one with natural immunity need a free shot? The only reason I can come up with is to satisfy your need to know I’ve been stuck.

Reactions: gcsoccer16
Why not wear masks? I’m sure you can find the reason why some people still recommend wearing a mask if you want to look. That’s a stupid line of reasoning.

How much immunity does one need? Why does one with natural immunity need a free shot? The only reason I can come up with is to satisfy your need to know I’ve been stuck.
The reason is basically that we know a lot more about vaccine-induced immunity. The CDC doesn’t just want people to get immunized because it’s a fun activity or something. If you’ve had Covid, it’s probably safe to say that you’re protected for a while, but you can’t really be as sure as with vaccinations. And getting vaccinated could boost your natural immunity.

Why not wear masks? I’m sure you can find the reason why some people still recommend wearing a mask if you want to look. That’s a stupid line of reasoning.
It really isn’t, though, because there really aren’t any cons to getting vaccinated, it’s free, and it’s convenient. On the other hand, it’s effective enough that you don’t need to take other measures to protect yourself anymore. Meanwhile, masks are annoying, expensive relative to vaccines, and they aren’t nearly as effective.

The reason is basically that we know a lot more about vaccine-induced immunity. The CDC doesn’t just want people to get immunized because it’s a fun activity or something. If you’ve had Covid, it’s probably safe to say that you’re protected for a while, but you can’t really be as sure as with vaccinations. And getting vaccinated could boost your natural immunity.

I’ll take my chances but thanks anyway.

Because it's a man made virus and your "Natural Immunity" might not be "One size fits all" mantra

Reactions: yuthgi
It really isn’t, though, because there really aren’t any cons to getting vaccinated, it’s free, and it’s convenient. On the other hand, it’s effective enough that you don’t need to take other measures to protect yourself anymore. Meanwhile, masks are annoying, expensive relative to vaccines, and they aren’t nearly as effective.
Look man, I survived the disease once, a disease thats 99% survivable, what have i got to be afraid of now or in the future?Secondly, I’ve developed natural immunity. Why are you so worked up about what I do?

Saying that there “aren’t any cons” is so misleading and is part of the reason why people don’t trust the narrative.

The benefits may outweigh the costs and I would certainly entertain those arguments but there absolutely are potential risks. That much is admitted in even the inserts.

You can’t just pretend like it’s analogous to eating an almond, it’s not.

Reactions: 92TigerME

One could go jump off a building too.

• Wow
Reactions: Tiger93RC
Saying that there “aren’t any cons” is so misleading and is part of the reason why people don’t trust the narrative.

The benefits may outweigh the costs and I would certainly entertain those arguments but there absolutely are potential risks. That much is admitted in even the inserts.

This

😍 🥰 👍

Reactions: clemsonu0219
This isn’t really a personal freedom issue, unless you think we shouldn’t have any vaccine requirements. That would be a major change to the way we do things, and would also be a huge public health problem. Vaccinations aren’t just private issues.
We currently do not and never have had a vaccine requirement to my knowledge for an experimental rapidly created vaccine that is only authorized as an "emergency use authorization )EUA" and not actually approved like the polio vaccine or mumps.

If after enough data has come in, (shouldn't take to many years since they've given these Covid vaccines to way more people than would have participated in a vaccine trial) to any long term issues from this vaccine and they want to approve it, then I'm ok with them mandating it for school just like they do with current vaccines. I.e. you can get certain waivers if necessary for health or religious reasons. (My son has severe allergies to peanuts and eggs so he's not a candidate for the vaccine, but at age 6 he's not a candidate for being severely affected by Covid either.)

But as of right now, it's a non-approved vaccine being used only by EUA with no idea as to the long term effects. So it absolutely shouldn't be required to do anything, recommended sure, but not required. Hell, you can sue baby powder now because they found out it causes cancer 100 years later!

Reactions: FranktheDank
We currently do not and never have had a vaccine requirement to my knowledge for an experimental rapidly created vaccine that is only authorized as an "emergency use authorization )EUA" and not actually approved like the polio vaccine or mumps.

If after enough data has come in, (shouldn't take to many years since they've given these Covid vaccines to way more people than would have participated in a vaccine trial) to any long term issues from this vaccine and they want to approve it, then I'm ok with them mandating it for school just like they do with current vaccines. I.e. you can get certain waivers if necessary for health or religious reasons. (My son has severe allergies to peanuts and eggs so he's not a candidate for the vaccine, but at age 6 he's not a candidate for being severely affected by Covid either.)

But as of right now, it's a non-approved vaccine being used only by EUA with no idea as to the long term effects. So it absolutely shouldn't be required to do anything, recommended sure, but not required. Hell, you can sue baby powder now because they found out it causes cancer 100 years later!
Pfizer and Moderna will both be fully approved within a couple of months. I can understand not having a vaccine required if it’s only got an EUA, but in a lot of these cases, requiring the vaccine is allowing the event to happen, or the vaccine is being used to prevent the spread while unvaccinated people are being held out if they test positive.

My guess is that many of the people who think requiring vaccines for participation (ie. not mandating vaccines for everybody, since that’s not something we’ve ever done) is some sort of infringement on their liberty would still be upset about even after vaccines are fully approved.

Last edited:
Have not read the bill, but seems like over reach to me. There may be situations where enhanced precautions are appropriate.
Freedom is overreach. Jumbo shrimp. Independent presbyterian. Etc etc

How bout they decline funding and do whatever the fvck they want.?

Look man, I survived the disease once, a disease thats 99% survivable, what have i got to be afraid of now or in the future?Secondly, I’ve developed natural immunity. Why are you so worked up about what I do?
They want you to get in line and do as you are told. Comply. Do what you are told to do and dont ask questions. Dont think for yourself. Do as others do!

I’ll take my chances but thanks anyway.
And that’s probably fine for you, but because others might want to protect themselves from the spread of disease, you may not be able to everything you want to for a while.

I’m not particularly bothered by people not getting vaccinated (either especially people who’ve already had confirmed COVID), except that if a lot of people don’t, we’re going to continue having to deal with harsher public health measures. It does bother me seeing people repeat things that are false, or continue to just ignore whatever guidance and evidence they don’t like. It’s particularly rich for these people to claim they’re just “thinking for themselves” or “doing their own research,” when it’s clear they won’t recognize any authority that doesn’t affirm what they want to believe.

I mean, the inserts say that you might have a headache and/or a fever for a few hours. It’s negligible, hence saying there “really” aren’t any cons. The people who who “don’t trust the narrative” are looking for reasons not to trust the narrative, and ignoring any evidence for “the narrative.”

Daughter diagnosed with leukemia 2 weeks after getting flu shot at 18 months. God bless she survived and now 13. My wife, me, nor our 3 kids have ever been vaccinated since. 2 of them ever at all. All healthy, we don’t ever get sick besides a cold once a year maybe. Daughter plays national soccer, public school, and she’s redneck as hell. Damn good immune system to. So to hell with vaccines and whatever the odds are that it causes cancer. Fun fact: rona was man made in China with the same government funding that helped create the vaccine.

• Wow
Reactions: Tiger93RC
Staying out of other people's business is always tough.

Some gay people want to get married.

Some want to hire only white people. Others want to be naked on the beach. Some want to buy beer for their kids parties. Some want to smoke in restaurants.

I would like everyone to be vaccinated where I send my kids to school. And I think my kids have a right to attend public schools.
If your kids get vaccinated they are protected. No need to force me to get an abor….uh vaccine. My body, my choice right?

Left wing wackos are such choads.

Daughter diagnosed with leukemia 2 weeks after getting flu shot at 18 months. God bless she survived and now 13. My wife, me, nor our 3 kids have ever been vaccinated since. 2 of them ever at all. All healthy, we don’t ever get sick besides a cold once a year maybe. Daughter plays national soccer, public school, and she’s redneck as hell. Damn good immune system to. So to hell with vaccines and whatever the odds are that it causes cancer. Fun fact: rona was man made in China with the same government funding that helped create the vaccine.
See, now this is a real anti-vaxer.

I mean, the inserts say that you might have a headache and/or a fever for a few hours. It’s negligible, hence saying there “really” aren’t any cons. The people who who “don’t trust the narrative” are looking for reasons not to trust the narrative, and ignoring any evidence for “the narrative.”
Once again you’re just misleading people. You’re a smart guy, stop it. Just bc the probabilities are low does NOT mean that there aren’t risks. Here’s verbiage directly from the most recently updated Pfizer Insert (https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download). This is just 1.5 pages.

You accuse people of “looking for reasons not to trust the narrative” and then you directly ignore the actual linked evidence that’s provided and you change it all to fit your presuppositions.

Again, this is an estimated cost/benefit analysis but to say that there are “no costs” is simply dishonest for someone who seems to have studied the data. You hear someone like you say that, and then read information like the inserts, that is what creates distrust, and it makes sense.

People will likely trust it more if you admit that there are risks, potential costs, but explain why you believe that the rewards outweigh them instead of trying to brainwash yourself, and everyone else, into believing something that’s demonstrably false (that there are no potential costs).
- - -
“Warnings

Management of Acute Allergic Reactions

Appropriate medical treatment used to manage immediate allergic reactions must be immediately available in the event an acute anaphylactic reaction occurs following administration of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.Monitor Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine recipients for the occurrence of immediate adverse reactions according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical- considerations/managing-anaphylaxis.html).

Myocarditis and Pericarditis
Reports of adverse events following use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine under EUA suggest increased risks of myocarditis and pericarditis, particularly following the second dose. Typically, onset of symptoms has been within a few days following receipt of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Available data from short-term follow-up suggest that most individuals have had resolution of symptoms, but information is not yet available about potential long-term sequelae. The decision to administer the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to an individual with a history of myocarditis or pericarditis should take into account the individual’s clinical circumstances. The CDC has published clinical considerations relevant to myocarditis and pericarditis associated with administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical- considerations/myocarditis.html).

Syncope
Syncope (fainting) may occur in association with administration of injectable vaccines, in particular in adolescents. Procedures should be in place to avoid injury from fainting.

Altered Immunocompetence
Immunocompromised persons, including individuals receiving immunosuppressant therapy, may have a diminished immune response to the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
Revised: 25 June 2021 7

Limitation of Effectiveness
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine may not protect all vaccine recipients.

Adverse Reactions
Adverse Reactions in Clinical Trials
Adverse reactions following the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine that have been reported in clinical trials include injection site pain, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, fever, injection site swelling, injection site redness, nausea, malaise, and lymphadenopathy (see Full EUA Prescribing Information).

Adverse Reactions in Post Authorization Experience

Severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, and other hypersensitivity reactions (e.g., rash, pruritus, urticaria, angioedema), diarrhea, vomiting, and pain in extremity (arm) have been reported following administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine outside of clinical trials.

Myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported following administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine outside of clinical trials.

Additional adverse reactions, some of which may be serious, may become apparent with more widespread use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.”

Last edited:
Reactions: gotigers24
I will vote for anyone running against McMaster. Not that it will matter.

ive never been a big McMaster fan however outside of desantis he has handled COVID exceptionally well. Solid mix of health considerations and economic considerations

Once again you’re just misleading people. You’re a smart guy, stop it. Just bc the probabilities are low does NOT mean that there aren’t risks. Here’s verbiage directly from the most recently updated Pfizer Insert (https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download). This is just 1.5 pages.

You accuse people of “looking for reasons not to trust the narrative” and then you directly ignore the actual linked evidence that’s provided and you change it all to fit your presuppositions.

Again, this is an estimated cost/benefit analysis but to say that there are “no costs” is simply dishonest for someone who seems to have studied the data. You hear someone like you say that, and then read information like the inserts, that is what creates distrust, and it makes sense.

People will likely trust it more if you admit that there are risks, potential costs, but explain why you believe that the rewards outweigh them instead of trying to brainwash yourself, and everyone else, into believing something that’s demonstrably false (that there are no potential costs).
- - -
“Warnings

Appropriate medical treatment used to manage immediate allergic reactions must be immediately available in the event an acute anaphylactic reaction occurs following administration of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.Monitor Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine recipients for the occurrence of immediate adverse reactions according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical- considerations/managing-anaphylaxis.html).

Reports of adverse events following use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine under EUA suggest increased risks of myocarditis and pericarditis, particularly following the second dose. Typically, onset of symptoms has been within a few days following receipt of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Available data from short-term follow-up suggest that most individuals have had resolution of symptoms, but information is not yet available about potential long-term sequelae. The decision to administer the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to an individual with a history of myocarditis or pericarditis should take into account the individual’s clinical circumstances. The CDC has published clinical considerations relevant to myocarditis and pericarditis associated with administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical- considerations/myocarditis.html).

Syncope
Syncope (fainting) may occur in association with administration of injectable vaccines, in particular in adolescents. Procedures should be in place to avoid injury from fainting.

Altered Immunocompetence
Immunocompromised persons, including individuals receiving immunosuppressant therapy, may have a diminished immune response to the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.

Adverse Reactions
Adverse reactions following the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine that have been reported in clinical trials include injection site pain, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, fever, injection site swelling, injection site redness, nausea, malaise, and lymphadenopathy (see Full EUA Prescribing Information).

Severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, and other hypersensitivity reactions (e.g., rash, pruritus, urticaria, angioedema), diarrhea, vomiting, and pain in extremity (arm) have been reported following administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine outside of clinical trials.

Myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported following administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine outside of clinical trials.

Additional adverse reactions, some of which may be serious, may become apparent with more widespread use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.”
Pretty simple cost benefit analysis. 600k+ have died from Covid in the US in 16 months. Countless business have closed. People have lost their jobs or had to move. Mental health has been strained. Etc.

Since the vaccine roll out, 330 million vaccines have been given. Roughly 160 million people are fully vaccinated. There have been roughly 5k deaths reported to VAERS. That sounds like alot but the reporting in VAERS has a very loose criteria. Any and all symptoms can be reported even without any actual link to the virus. The CDC investigates if there is a link to the deaths and the vaccine. They are not seeing a real link to the deaths reported in VAERS. Also anyone can report a symptom. One person even put "it made my dick grow 10 inches".

But because of these vaccines we have seen covid deaths and infections drop dramatically. Businesses are opening back up and people are interacting again.

To me the cost benefit is fairly simple. The vaccine is extremely safe, effective, and helps our society get back to functioning at a high healthy level.

Clemson requires Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccination in order to enroll. My wife took classes later in life and had to get boosters from the local health department in order to enroll. The precedent is already there.

I have no problem with the proposed legislation. I think Covid is here to stay - just like the common flu and colds. Now that it has passed through the population, the death rate is going to be close to the "common" flu (which is coming back and killing people because hand washing and isolation are coming back to the norm). Covid, colds, and the flu can all lead to pneumonia which has always killed many. Clemson doesn't require the yearly flu vaccine or the new pneumonia shot.

For my $0.02 on requiring a vaccine: in the technical aspect Pfizer and Moderna shots are "treatments" - not vaccines because they use RNA, not altered virus'. The Astra Zeneca and J&J are vaccines. Now that there is strong data, ALL the vaccines and treatments have some level of risk. I chose the risk of taking the J&J because my wife is in a very high risk category. If I needed the vaccine to get on a cruise ship or travel overseas, I would make the same decision over again.

Is only keeping dumb rednecks away from me was that simple.
Irony is you have the freedom to choose to live in a free country where there’s millions of rednecks that don’t vaccinate. Why would you choose to do that? It’s not safe

If your kids get vaccinated they are protected. No need to force me to get an abor….uh vaccine. My body, my choice right?

Left wing wackos are such choads.
Our government has often imposed rules for the good of public not for the private good of an individual. This is the normal manner in which America has worked forever. Requiring a vaccination, or the use of carefully design septic systems for example are not done particularly to protect me or you but to protect others in society.

Name calling reveals weak character.

- - -
“Warnings

Syncope

Altered Immunocompetence

Adverse Reactions

All that says is that there’s almost no risk. Statistically the risk is basically nil.

They want you to get in line and do as you are told. Comply. Do what you are told to do and dont ask questions. Dont think for yourself. Do as others do!
Wanna know how I know that owning the libs is more important to you than public health?

Our government has often imposed rules for the good of public not for the private good of an individual. This is the normal manner in which America has worked forever. Requiring a vaccination, or the use of carefully design septic systems for example are not done particularly to protect me or you but to protect others in society.

Name calling reveals weak character.
I didn’t call you a name. I just made a statement and you applied it to yourself. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT