ADVERTISEMENT

SC House Passed Amendments To Budget Today Outlawing Mandatory Masks, Mandatory Tests and Mandatory Vaccines

Not public universities. You could make that argument for private universities. Also, if employers are now going to be allowed to discriminate, are you OK with them not promoting women?

Holy shit that last sentence is just so dumb, I can't even process.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
No politics involved and AGAIN, it's not a anti-vaxxer approach. It's a pro-choice approach. I made a different choice than some of my family members. It's not always politic with every single person.
No, its political because you are spouting the same tired bullshit that every far-right idiot with a microphone and Patreon account has been spouting for months now.
BTW, you are an anti-vaxxer. Just be a man and own it.

Reactions: dpic73
Once again you’re just misleading people. You’re a smart guy, stop it. Just bc the probabilities are low does NOT mean that there aren’t risks. Here’s verbiage directly from the most recently updated Pfizer Insert (https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download). This is just 1.5 pages.

You accuse people of “looking for reasons not to trust the narrative” and then you directly ignore the actual linked evidence that’s provided and you change it all to fit your presuppositions.

Again, this is an estimated cost/benefit analysis but to say that there are “no costs” is simply dishonest for someone who seems to have studied the data. You hear someone like you say that, and then read information like the inserts, that is what creates distrust, and it makes sense.

People will likely trust it more if you admit that there are risks, potential costs, but explain why you believe that the rewards outweigh them instead of trying to brainwash yourself, and everyone else, into believing something that’s demonstrably false (that there are no potential costs).
- - -
“Warnings

Management of Acute Allergic Reactions

Appropriate medical treatment used to manage immediate allergic reactions must be immediately available in the event an acute anaphylactic reaction occurs following administration of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.Monitor Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine recipients for the occurrence of immediate adverse reactions according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical- considerations/managing-anaphylaxis.html).

Myocarditis and Pericarditis
Reports of adverse events following use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine under EUA suggest increased risks of myocarditis and pericarditis, particularly following the second dose. Typically, onset of symptoms has been within a few days following receipt of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Available data from short-term follow-up suggest that most individuals have had resolution of symptoms, but information is not yet available about potential long-term sequelae. The decision to administer the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to an individual with a history of myocarditis or pericarditis should take into account the individual’s clinical circumstances. The CDC has published clinical considerations relevant to myocarditis and pericarditis associated with administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical- considerations/myocarditis.html).

Syncope
Syncope (fainting) may occur in association with administration of injectable vaccines, in particular in adolescents. Procedures should be in place to avoid injury from fainting.

Altered Immunocompetence
Immunocompromised persons, including individuals receiving immunosuppressant therapy, may have a diminished immune response to the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
Revised: 25 June 2021 7

Limitation of Effectiveness
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine may not protect all vaccine recipients.

Adverse Reactions
Adverse Reactions in Clinical Trials
Adverse reactions following the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine that have been reported in clinical trials include injection site pain, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, fever, injection site swelling, injection site redness, nausea, malaise, and lymphadenopathy (see Full EUA Prescribing Information).

Adverse Reactions in Post Authorization Experience

Severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, and other hypersensitivity reactions (e.g., rash, pruritus, urticaria, angioedema), diarrhea, vomiting, and pain in extremity (arm) have been reported following administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine outside of clinical trials.

Myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported following administration of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine outside of clinical trials.

Additional adverse reactions, some of which may be serious, may become apparent with more widespread use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.”
To be clear, there are side effects. But the common ones are very mild. More severe adverse reactions are extremely rare, to the point that they’re sometimes occurring at lower rates than among the general population. The allergic reaction thing is so rare that it’s much less common than death from COVID among the whole population (ie. including people who haven’t even had COVID compared only to people who’ve been vaccinated).

So maybe it would be more more accurate to say that downsides to the vaccine are either not serious or vanishingly unlikely? The point is that whatever downsides there are are so negligible that they’re hardly worth thinking about if you’re in a group for which the CDC recommends vaccination. Meanwhile, you’re at least going to face more of a hassle if you’re not vaccinated.

All that says is that there’s almost no risk. Statistically the risk is basically nil.
It’s very odd. Most of these folks wouldn’t think twice about taking over the counter medications, and might not even be bothered by self-medicating with all kinds of things. They’d never question being prescribed a Z-pack for an infection. But there’s something about this particular virus that’s causing some people to be skeptical of everything. That’s not to mention the people who are weird about all vaccines. I sort of wonder if there isn’t something that scares them about the specific method of delivering the vaccine through an injection.

Clemson requires Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccination in order to enroll. My wife took classes later in life and had to get boosters from the local health department in order to enroll. The precedent is already there.

I have no problem with the proposed legislation. I think Covid is here to stay - just like the common flu and colds. Now that it has passed through the population, the death rate is going to be close to the "common" flu (which is coming back and killing people because hand washing and isolation are coming back to the norm). Covid, colds, and the flu can all lead to pneumonia which has always killed many. Clemson doesn't require the yearly flu vaccine or the new pneumonia shot.

For my $0.02 on requiring a vaccine: in the technical aspect Pfizer and Moderna shots are "treatments" - not vaccines because they use RNA, not altered virus'. The Astra Zeneca and J&J are vaccines. Now that there is strong data, ALL the vaccines and treatments have some level of risk. I chose the risk of taking the J&J because my wife is in a very high risk category. If I needed the vaccine to get on a cruise ship or travel overseas, I would make the same decision over again.
The first part of the last paragraph is wrong. None of the currently authorized vaccines contain any of the virus. They all work by instructing cells to attack the covid virus. The older kinds of vaccines contained dead or attenuated virus, which was potentially more dangerous.

The two vaccines we current have are mRNA and viral vector, both of which are relatively new: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html#:~:text=COVID-19 vaccines help,to get the illness.

Daughter diagnosed with leukemia 2 weeks after getting flu shot at 18 months. God bless she survived and now 13. My wife, me, nor our 3 kids have ever been vaccinated since. 2 of them ever at all. All healthy, we don’t ever get sick besides a cold once a year maybe. Daughter plays national soccer, public school, and she’s redneck as hell. Damn good immune system to. So to hell with vaccines and whatever the odds are that it causes cancer. Fun fact: rona was man made in China with the same government funding that helped create the vaccine.

I have no words…

If your kids get vaccinated they are protected. No need to force me to get an abor….uh vaccine. My body, my choice right?

Left wing wackos are such choads.
I hope you and your cousin-wife have fun at the COVID swap this weekend...

Attitudes like this are why anti vaxers can’t be reasoned with.
Im vaccinated. Was just making a point of how bad things can happen from group think and herd mentality. It should be a personal choice especially given the fact the vaccines arent approved yet. If people are worried they should get vaccinated, if not let them decide. Either your vaccination works or it doesn't. Time to trust the science and get moving on with life

Wanna know how I know that owning the libs is more important to you than public health?
Lol public health. A country that has fast food restaurants on every corner and sells cigarettes to 18 year old kids. The irony

Little? Besides the fact that I could probably bench you, why wouldn't anyone be mad at people that demonize a vaccine because Tucker told them to?
Lol who is tucker? As i pointed out earlier ive been vaccinated for a while. I just dont live my life telling others to follow in my foot steps. I believe its a personal choice and I also trust the science maybe you should too

Reactions: 92TigerME
Lol who is tucker? As i pointed out earlier ive been vaccinated for a while. I just dont live my life telling others to follow in my foot steps. I trust the science maybe you should too
The science would tell you that getting ahold of the worst pandemic in 100 years requires an all hands on deck approach. That doesn't work if it's "just" a personal decision. And let's not pretend that ALL of right wing media isn't coercing your side to act like being unvaccinated is some kind of caveman badge of honor. That's insane.

The science would tell you that getting ahold of the worst pandemic in 100 years requires an all hands on deck approach. That doesn't work if it's "just" a personal decision. And let's not pretend that ALL of right wing media isn't coercing your side to act like being unvaccinated is some kind of caveman badge of honor. That's insane.
So you would require all citizens to be vaccinated? If they chose not to take the vaccine what punishment would you hand down Castro?

So you would you require all citizens to be vaccinated? If they chose not to take the vaccine what punishment would you hand down Castro?
Hell no, that's not what this country does but I can promise you what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't join a political mob and mock people that are encouraging others to get vaccinated for the greater good. That's what you're doing - following your dumbed down crowd to insult, mock and name call people who believe it's a "good idea" to get our country past this mess as soon as possible. That's your right to do it but I hope you don't ever refer to yourself as a "patriot".

Reactions: fcctiger12
Hell no, that's not what this country does but I can promise you what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't join a political mob and mock people that are encouraging others to get vaccinated for the greater good. That's what you're doing - following your dumbed down crowd to insult, mock and name call people who believe it's a "good idea" to get our country past this mess as soon as possible. That's your right to do it but I hope you don't ever refer to yourself as a "patriot".
Lol what are you talking about? You have it all figured out dont you. I already told you i am vaccinated i just dont feel its my duty to be a vaccine nazi. Dont let your anger build up so much. We hate seeing you like this. Enjoy your evening chief.

Lol what are you talking about? You have it all figured out dont you. I already told you i am vaccinated i just dont feel its my duty to be a vaccine nazi. Dont let your anger build up so much. We hate seeing you like this. Enjoy your evening chief.
I'm glad to hear you got vaccinated. Now do the world a favor and encourage others to do the same. ;-)

It’s very odd. Most of these folks wouldn’t think twice about taking over the counter medications, and might not even be bothered by self-medicating with all kinds of things. They’d never question being prescribed a Z-pack for an infection. But there’s something about this particular virus that’s causing some people to be skeptical of everything. That’s not to mention the people who are weird about all vaccines. I sort of wonder if there isn’t something that scares them about the specific method of delivering the vaccine through an injection.

Hmm, you are exactly right, there is something odd about this virus. I’m sure there are some that are afraid of shots but that’s not the issue. I wonder what’s odd about the virus and vaccine????

Lol what are you talking about? You have it all figured out dont you. I already told you i am vaccinated i just dont feel its my duty to be a vaccine nazi. Dont let your anger build up so much. We hate seeing you like this. Enjoy your evening chief
Look at him run with his tail between his legs.

Hmm, you are exactly right, there is something odd about this virus. I’m sure there are some that are afraid of shots but that’s not the issue. I wonder what’s odd about the virus and vaccine????
You going to tell us?

It certainly isn’t all right of center media. It’s just the conspiracy theorists that have popped up to get on the grift over the last few years.

Reactions: fcctiger12
It certainly isn’t all right of center media. It’s just the conspiracy theorists that have popped up to get on the grift over the last few years.
You may be right but outside of Adam Kinzinger and a handful of Republican governors, I haven't seen much evidence in the media I've been exposed to that suggests there are many sane voices on that side. The three right-wing networks are filled with misinformation, particularly among the opinion hosts. And the conspiracy theorists have become front and center on social media so their voices comparing vaccinations to Naziism are the loudest. Heck, there is a video out there from CPAC this weekend in which a panelist says the US failed to meet it's vaccination goals and a huge roar of applause erupted. That's lunacy level, disgusting madness. I'd also point out that the majority of the voices on this board fall in line with that way of thinking. Crazy times...

Reactions: yoshi121374
You may be right but outside of Adam Kinzinger and a handful of Republican governors, I haven't seen much evidence in the media I've been exposed to that suggests there are many sane voices on that side. The three right-wing networks are filled with misinformation, particularly among the opinion hosts. And the conspiracy theorists have become front and center on social media so their voices comparing vaccinations to Naziism are the loudest. Heck, there is a video out there from CPAC this weekend in which a panelist says the US failed to meet it's vaccination goals and a huge roar of applause erupted. That's lunacy level, disgusting madness. I'd also point out that the majority of the voices on this board fall in line with that way of thinking. Crazy times...
CPAC jumped the shark a few years ago, unfortunately. I don’t think I even knew there was more than one right of center network. Tucker Carlson has become the loudest voice on that network, I suppose. Sometimes, he’s pretty interesting. He’s become pretty unhinged on the Covid stuff, though.

I think it’s also important to point out that there’s a difference between public policy and scientific evidence. Public policy should be made taking science into account, but ultimately elected people still need to be the ones making the choices about how we respond to the facts. Unfortunately, probably because Carlson is trying to lead some sort of populist movement, he’s gone beyond analyzing public policy to simply dismissing the facts or alleging they’re corrupt.

At any rate, there are plenty of more responsible right of center people in the media, although they’re mostly writers. Let’s also not pretend that left wing media doesn’t try to identify their policy priorities with science, rather than recognizing that the facts are mostly indifferent. A lot of right of center people are going overboard in direct reaction to left-wing hysteria.

No, its political because you are spouting the same tired bullshit that every far-right idiot with a microphone and Patreon account has been spouting for months now.
No, it's political to you because you disagree. Typical!
BTW- how do we know you're vaccinated, man up and just get it like I did.

I saw several Black people in Target wearing a mask. That means they didn't get vaccinated. So basically, this isn't just a Red Neck White people thing.

man! this looks crazy!

maybe check out the number of infections? maybe this data alone isn't enough to make an educated decision? maybe you're not capable of educated things?

You're just trying to get me to brag about my education aren't you?

I do calculus.

You're just trying to get me to brag about my education aren't you?

I do calculus.
math-jokes-55458-5fa93d39f24a3__700.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT