ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Murder in Columbia

did you know that they were coming to arrest him? In other words, did the police inform you ahead of time so you could keep your employees safe in case it went poorly? I have a friend whose business was informed by police one time that they were on the way to arrest one of her employees, and I thought that was odd. However, she used to work for then Police Dept. so maybe that's why they knew they could trust her not to alert the employee of impending doom.
no didn’t say a word. One of my cashiers was outside and he came in and told me “6 cops just arrested our new guy” and I told him “stop bullshitting me” and we went back and forth on this about 10 times before I agreed to go out and look and I said “damn you are right”. I thought they were playing a prank on me making me come outside because my bday was this week so I thought they were using this as a surprise so I didn’t believe him. I was wrong

• Wow
Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
No different than the guy that ran into the back of a father and his daughter in NC in front of their house , got out of the car, and shot and killed them.
Will never see LeBron and his cohorts addressing this type problem nor the fact of black on black crime being a major cause of the loss of black lives. It is sad that they ignore it because just maybe they could improve it. Should be about saving all lives.

That actually happened in Georgetown, SC.

No. You’ve missed the entire message.
Justice not being served is the issue. The op isn’t going to be an issue bc the perpetrators have been arrested

Cops are being charged with murder, and will be convicted when the evidence supports a conviction. But what you’re talking about is different. You want all cops who do something questionable in YOUR mind and According to BLM to be convicted, even if the evidence doesn’t support it, because of you know, feelings and all.

Reactions: cellis04
Cops are being charged with murder, and will be convicted when the evidence supports a conviction. But what you’re talking about is different. You want all cops who do something questionable in YOUR mind and According to BLM to be convicted, even if the evidence doesn’t support it, because of you know, feelings and all.
Nope. That’s not it. At all. Way to jump to conclusions.

Arbery and Floyd are two that fit the bill.

Nope. That’s not it. At all. Way to jump to conclusions.

Arbery and Floyd are two that fit the bill.

both of the perpetrators of those crimes are charged with murder, and you’re using them as examples of not getting justice??? Yep, all about feelings with you. So is justice to you going straight to the gallows or do you think they deserve due process like every other criminal??

Reactions: PawsFan_
both of the perpetrators of those crimes are charged with murder, and you’re using them as examples of not getting justice??? Yep, all about feelings with you. So is justice to you going straight to the gallows or do you think they deserve due process like every other criminal??
You’re ignorant.

Both of those cases went a long time without any arrests. The uproar was over no justice. After a period of time, there was justice which is all anyone ever wanted. Issue over at that point in time.

Relax. Calm down.

You’re ignorant.

Both of those cases went a long time without any arrests. The uproar was over no justice. After a period of time, there was justice which is all anyone ever wanted. Issue over at that point in time.

Relax. Calm down.

Do you think telling someone to relax and calm down during a discussion convinced yourself that they are anything other?? And are you delusional by referencing that the Floyd incident was over once they were arrested?? Shit is still going on. You live in a fantasy world where everything is someone elses fault. For the record also, charges aren’t levied on people randomly. The situation and evidence are looked at carefully before the DA brings charges, because bringing charges in high profile cases can actually lead to more trouble. For example, the idiot DA in Atlanta overcharged the cop, so when he walks, and he will, there will be more riots in the streets. You mistake due diligence with your version of justice, so no wonder our streets our filled with uneducated rioters and looters creating mayhem.

Yea tell me about it I had just hired one of those guys two weeks ago he worked Sunday and Monday after it happened and got arrested in the parking lot right after he got off work 8 undercover cops surrounded his car and arrested him
You’ve always struck me as an outstanding judge of character ;)

Reactions: kingkyle1008
Do you think telling someone to relax and calm down during a discussion convinced yourself that they are anything other?? And are you delusional by referencing that the Floyd incident was over once they were arrested?? Shit is still going on. You live in a fantasy world where everything is someone elses fault. For the record also, charges aren’t levied on people randomly. The situation and evidence are looked at carefully before the DA brings charges, because bringing charges in high profile cases can actually lead to more trouble. For example, the idiot DA in Atlanta overcharged the cop, so when he walks, and he will, there will be more riots in the streets. You mistake due diligence with your version of justice, so no wonder our streets our filled with uneducated rioters and looters creating mayhem.
I’m not reading all of that.

Have a great weekend!

You’re ignorant.

Relax. Calm down.
I don’t have an extreme stance on either side of this issue. I would prefer if no tragic incidents were used to push narratives. But since there has been a narrative being pushed by 1 side for years now, you can’t be surprised when the other side does it too when the shoe is on the other foot.

Btw it took 4 days for Chauvin to be arrested. That’s not a long time. In fact it’s a really short time for a police officer. The issue may have been over at that point to rational people. But the property damage, looting, violence, etc all continued well after. Hence why I don’t condone the media using tragedies to push an agenda.

You’re ignorant.

Relax. Calm down.

Derek Chauvin was arrested for murder 4 days after George Floyd's death. Arrest date of May 29, 2020. Pretty sure the issue persisted beyond that date.

Reactions: crope1 and Frog209
Derek Chauvin was arrested for murder 4 days after George Floyd's death. Arrest date of May 29, 2020. Pretty sure the issue persisted beyond that date.

He’s completely clueless. Read his post, he has no idea how the justice system actually works, as in the DA has to have sufficient evidence before he brings charges or it may exacerbate the situation even more. The justice system, according to him and many others, is about what they “feel” is just, not based on any legal premise whatsoever

That’s fair. Also, no one knew that it would be a short turnaround on that. It’s normally longer. And ‘normally’ shouldn’t even be a thing.
It’s grown and morphed over time with every cop on black killing becoming an ‘issue’, but let’s not forget that there are cases out there that deserve justice.

Lastly, the protesters are protesting and the looters are looting. Not everyone gets riled up every time they see a cop on blackkilling.

Harris is a former prosecutor who has been criticized, by both the right and left, for locking too many black people, FYI.

But way to bring false political narratives to a thread about a fallen Tiger.

I think you forgot one word. At least according to one of my best friends who insists his community hates her bc she's been rly hard on black people.

no didn’t say a word. One of my cashiers was outside and he came in and told me “6 cops just arrested our new guy” and I told him “stop bullshitting me” and we went back and forth on this about 10 times before I agreed to go out and look and I said “damn you are right”. I thought they were playing a prank on me making me come outside because my bday was this week so I thought they were using this as a surprise so I didn’t believe him. I was wrong

helluva prank. Do you know how they were identified as the assailants and ultimately caught? Was there a reward or something? Has to feel really weird for you to actually know the guy who took another man's life. Are the police questioning you and all that kind of stuff, or is it not really even necessary? It's all so creepy from where I sit that I kind of know someone who knows one of the killers. Can't even imagine how creepy it is for you. Wow.

Reactions: kingkyle1008
That’s fair. Also, no one knew that it would be a short turnaround on that. It’s normally longer. And ‘normally’ shouldn’t even be a thing.
It’s grown and morphed over time with every cop on black killing becoming an ‘issue’, but let’s not forget that there are cases out there that deserve justice.

Lastly, the protesters are protesting and the looters are looting. Not everyone gets riled up every time they see a cop on blackkilling.

It's just so bizarre that this had to turn into some polarizing thing. Everyone agreed that the cop was an asshole and should be punished. He was promptly arrested for murder. What exactly was fanning the flames of unrest?

We all agree that there shouldn't be unnecessary killings by cops. I don't need protests to tell me that. The lunacy that has resulted from all of this has just driven a wedge in the country.

It's just so bizarre that this had to turn into some polarizing thing. Everyone agreed that the cop was an asshole and should be punished. He was promptly arrested for murder. What exactly was fanning the flames of unrest?

We all agree that there shouldn't be unnecessary killings by cops. I don't need protests to tell me that. The lunacy that has resulted from all of this has just driven a wedge in the country.
Your last sentence is your answer. It’s by design.

helluva prank. Do you know how they were identified as the assailants and ultimately caught? Was there a reward or something? Has to feel really weird for you to actually know the guy who took another man's life. Are the police questioning you and all that kind of stuff, or is it not really even necessary? It's all so creepy from where I sit that I kind of know someone who knows one of the killers. Can't even imagine how creepy it is for you. Wow.
i think they knew the car and had a plate number. How they found out he worked at our store and was at work today I don’t know. I don’t think it ever got to the point of a reward I think they had the car on camera and pinpointed the culprits pretty quickly from what I understand. No nobody from our store has spoken with the police at all. I would’ve thought someone from the police would have come in after the arrest and say something but no they haven’t. Not that it makes him innocent because he is still charged with murder, but I’m pretty sure he was the driver and not the shooter in this instance. Still doesn’t excuse what happened and he obviously should be locked up, but he wasn’t the actual killer. Still crazy to do what he did and come to work like nothing happened the next two days. And yea it’s weird but I have two friends from my childhood in jail for murder so I’m not proud to say but it’s a situation I’ve been around before. One of my closest friends going up got into a fight at a strip club was thrown out came back body slammed the bouncer and shot him in the head and killed him about 10 years ago. And another kid that I grew up with and was friends with he and another guy tried rob someone and it went wrong and they shot and killed the guy. We were in high school at the time and I had literally taken both of those guys the week before. This was 12-13 years ago.

• Wow
i think they knew the car and had a plate number. How they found out he worked at our store and was at work today I don’t know. I don’t think it ever got to the point of a reward I think they had the car on camera and pinpointed the culprits pretty quickly from what I understand. No nobody from our store has spoken with the police at all. I would’ve thought someone from the police would have come in after the arrest and say something but no they haven’t. Not that it makes him innocent because he is still charged with murder, but I’m pretty sure he was the driver and not the shooter in this instance. Still doesn’t excuse what happened and he obviously should be locked up, but he wasn’t the actual killer. Still crazy to do what he did and come to work like nothing happened the next two days. And yea it’s weird but I have two friends from my childhood in jail for murder so I’m not proud to say but it’s a situation I’ve been around before. One of my closest friends going up got into a fight at a strip club was thrown out came back body slammed the bouncer and shot him in the head and killed him about 10 years ago. And another kid that I grew up with and was friends with he and another guy tried rob someone and it went wrong and they shot and killed the guy. We were in high school at the time and I had literally taken both of those guys the week before. This was 12-13 years ago.
Oh. My. Word.

Can you imagine two Clemson Students killing a stranger on the streeet in Clemson for no reason at all?

Really shows the wide Chasm between the two schools, if you call their school a school. The latest US News & Report of Schools and Universities did not think much of them.

I hear ya. I had multiple kids that I played ball with growing up go to jail - murder included. Amazing how demographics intersect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT