ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Woke Illustrated Swimsuit Issue

Transgender people exist. I personally think it's an expression of a combination of mental illness, childhood trauma, and/or an unhealthy parenting/household situation, but just because I think that doesn't mean they don't exist and don't deserve to be treated like every other human being on the planet. It's their expression of how they feel and they should have the right to do that just like the rest of us do. Just because we don't understand something doesn't mean we get to just erase its existence.

If you don't like that SI put a transgender woman in its swimsuit magazine, then don't buy the magazine. Or buy the magazine and cut out the pages with her on it. It's your property to do whatever the hell you want to with it. I personally wouldn't be able to tell that "she" used to be a "he" if nobody had said anything. But I also don't have any interest in buying swimsuit/underwear model magazines so I guess it's a non-issue for me.

Transgender people exist. I personally think it's an expression of a combination of mental illness, childhood trauma, and/or an unhealthy parenting/household situation, but just because I think that doesn't mean they don't exist and don't deserve to be treated like every other human being on the planet. It's their expression of how they feel and they should have the right to do that just like the rest of us do. Just because we don't understand something doesn't mean we get to just erase its existence.

If you don't like that SI put a transgender woman in its swimsuit magazine, then don't buy the magazine. Or buy the magazine and cut out the pages with her on it. It's your property to do whatever the hell you want to with it. I personally wouldn't be able to tell that "she" used to be a "he" if nobody had said anything. But I also don't have any interest in buying swimsuit/underwear model magazines so I guess it's a non-issue for me.

Good post.

Reactions: TylerHumpFrow13
Look, I’m not going to change your perspective via TI. The conversation will only circulate at this point. No ill will towards you.
I was legitimately just trying to understand your perspective. Clearly we aren’t changing each other’s minds and that’s not really my goal in this discussion.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
I was legitimately just trying to understand your perspective. Clearly we aren’t changing each other’s minds and that’s not really my goal in this discussion.

Understand, but I’m playing Madden ‘20 weekend league with my 8 year old, and I’m responsible for our offense. Heated game going on here!

Reactions: dbjork6317
Has nothing to do with that. Whether you believe or not the Bible is 100 percent correct without error. It's a Sin to be that way according to God's word. He's the ultimate Judge and Jury of this life we live. And the Bible reads.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:27 KJV

He didn't create any gays, lesbians, or trans that's a matter of choice each individual makes doesn't matter what you, me, or anyone else thinks.
  • Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19
  • Ye shall not round the corners of your heads. Leviticus 19:27
  • When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20
  • Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT
Yep let's take that old book literally with no room for thought or interpretation.

Reactions: PontificatingUnifex
  • When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20
  • Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT
Yep let's take that old book literally with no room for thought or interpretation.
LOL You take it anyway you like but make sure you understand the interpretations the way God intended.

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
tenor.gif

^^^This
Perfect post
Do you believe that “trans-women” are women?

The irony of someone saying this is that they are continually advancing their own ideas and talking about how important they are, while telling anybody who disagrees with them that they shouldn’t care and should just shut up... unless they agree, or course. This SI thing is a good example- far from just being an acknowledgement that some men believe they’re women, they’re endorsing the idea that men who believe they’re women are women and ought to be in an issue of a magazine that’s about men ogling women in swimsuits. There’s no imperative to include every person who believes they’re a woman in the SI swimsuit edition.

And then there’s the fact that laws are being made that make it illegal to do anything but affirm transgenderism, but hey, just shut up and take it.

Last edited:
The person you’re responding to has a much more sophisticated Biblical theology than you apparently do.

What does this even mean? The only thing that’s being “pushed” here is that transgender people really are...gasp...people too and deserve to be treated fairly and equally and that includes the opportunity to be included in photo shoots.

The responses ITT aren’t too surprising and are similar to responses throughout history on the rights of various marginalized individuals that we now recognize as equal. This is an issue across the board as even the BLM movement completely dismisses and ignores the disproportionately high rate of murders among transgender women of color.
Yes. Trophies for everyone!!!!

I treat my trans friend with kindness, just as I would anyone. I wish nothing but a great life for him/her. What you’re referring to as unnatural, is an apples/oranges comparison.
You treat that person with kindness until they are in a sports illustrated magazine. Then the country is going to shvt somehow.

It made a great point. But hey plays devil's advocate. It's your thing.
He made the kind of point that someone who doesn’t care about, and doesn’t know anything about, Christian theology would make. He’s also bringing up a red herring.

But theology is just one aspect of this.

Apparently kindness means imposing transgender ideology on SI swimsuit readers, and at the expense of actual female models.
No one is imposing anything. Transgender people are wanting to be respected and seen as humans just as they might see you, me, or anyone else. Female models have been well represented for many decades. Meanwhile transgender people feel they are lesser to everyone else because they constantly find hostility towards who they are. Having a transgender model in the SI magazine could potentially help a young transgender person realize that they are human too and no lesser than anyone else.

Why you feel threatened, uncomfortable, or whatever negative feeling you might have, is beyond me. This is a positive thing.

Reactions: scullman
No one is imposing anything. Transgender people are wanting to be respected and seen as humans just as they might see you, me, or anyone else. Female models have been well represented for many decades. Meanwhile transgender people feel they are lesser to everyone else because they constantly find hostility towards who they are. Having a transgender model in the SI magazine could potentially help a young transgender person realize that they are human too and no lesser than anyone else.

Why you feel threatened, uncomfortable, or whatever negative feeling you might have, is beyond me. This is a positive thing.

No one is being rude to them. If you choose to put yourself out there in an in your face fashion, then accept the conversations which will follow. You have levitated to a state of refusing to accept anything to the contrary of your liberal beliefs. Cliche

That isn’t what putting a man medically cross-dressing as a woman into a magazine featuring women in swimsuits is doing. Why you feel threatened, uncomfortable, or whatever negative feeling you may have about acknowledging the truth is beyond me.

Your whole point here is just a straw man that helps you dismiss and ignore the question of whether it’s possible for a man to become a woman, and whether it’s appropriate to affirm that idea by putting a man made to look more like a woman in the SI swimsuit edition. Again, not even all women are deemed appropriate to put into the magazine. SI is deliberately choosing a “transgender” model in order for to tell its readers that a “trans-woman” is a woman.

ADVERTISEMENT